how will the eclipse affect you?

Hi All,

I write this post 40 minutes before the Solar Eclipse occurs at 10 degrees Virgo today.

Where does it fall in your chart? How do you feel?

waxlobster.blogspot.co.uk

Blessings to all~~~~ x

Abby83

It's pretty accurate to be honest!

The eclipse moon is in natal 11th house conjunct my natal 6th house ruler and square my 5th house ruler (kids). All I have been thinking about more now than any other time is my health and how the kids are affecting it and how I could also have a social life that combines all three of these needs -kids, health, social balance. Ahhh, wouldn't that be nice :).

Hi Abby83,

Call me an idealist (I am a Sun-Jupiter in Aquarius after all) but I do believe that's entirely possible.

You know the way creating and manifesting works - envisage, clarify, meditate on it, let go and act as if it already exists just as you wish. I know that when you have children practically has to be the prime concern, as obviously their needs are priority but I do believe you can slowly move towards the lifestyle which suits you best :)

As mentioned in the article I do recommend guided meditation as a great tool for maintain the conviction and clarity of one's dreams. Regardless of the Eclipse here, it's so important to factor the Saturn and Mars transits to the backdrop. The Eclipse is compounding an emphasis that began with Saturn last December (at 8 Sagittarius), continued with Mars stationing retrograde (at 8 Sagittarius) and Saturn spending an entire month at 9 Sagittarius - and joined again my Mars. This point is where my Neptune sits in my chart and with Neptune transiting in square it is *obvious* that this is a life changing time.

I've been putting the work in, for little reward (Neptune is in my 2nd House and rules the 5th House) but it will follow. This is a time to lay foundations but whatever you really focus on with true enthusiasm and creativity *WILL* manifest ♥

Abby83

Hi Abby83,

You know the way creating and manifesting works - envisage, clarify, meditate on it, let go and act as if it already exists just as you wish. I know that when you have children practically has to be the prime concern, as obviously their needs are priority but I do believe you can slowly move towards the lifestyle which suits you best :)

Funnily enough, ive realised that meditation and quiet time is exactly what I need to achieve my dreams, yet, I'm unable to get it!!

Maybe I will pray to god for more peace and quiet cos the thing that's troubled me the most is noise. even if the kids are gone the neighbours kids are screaming or the trucks across the rd are too loud etc. I just want silence :sleeping:.

Yes indeed I agree that the long Saturn mars transit in sag is a big thing.

So I just want to ask u a question. It is my understanding that the new moon is supposed to highlight the desire, wants, hopes, and wishes for the month. So does that mean it will come true or do you always have to look at the full moon chart to see if it happens.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes :smile:
and so on

An eclipse does not necessarily affect everyone,
only those whose natal charts are connected to it
by aspect to their natal planets
and/or
aspect to their ASC/DESC/IC/MC
Important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a yearAND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

also

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

JUPITERASC

and

An eclipse
can link two places together. :smile:

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....' http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations aka mundane astrology

JUPITERASC

QUOTE FROM: "Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually.

When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth

By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California,
which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York,
we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not :smile:
People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you.
If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

THE NATAL PART OF THE BOOK
explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after
- usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

Hi Abby83,

I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but my favourite way to meditate is to listen to guided meditations through my headphones via YouTube. Sometimes I’ll lie in the garden and listen via my phone, that way no background noise gets in 

I personally love the Brian Weiss past life meditation, as it really helped me with some karmic baggage I had become aware of. Now I tend to go towards the healing and soulmate type meditations. There are some great ones online though, and there are some which help you visualise and manifest your dreams in other areas.

You’re totally correct that the new moon – wherever it falls can help you to manifest in that area of your life. I often say with a new moon “make a wish”. It does still apply with an eclipse, but usually eclipses require that we remove a blockage, or release an old energy. They tend to be a little more unpredictable, but try to have faith in whatever it is you wish to procure in your life and that faith will be reflected back to you. Timings are never predictable with life.

The next full moon will be an eclipse too and lunar eclipses are more to do with endings than beginnings. Manifestations that you ask for at this time will not be linked to the next full moon.

Believe and blessings of happiness to you!! x

Abby83

QUOTE - Hi Abby83,

I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but my favourite way to meditate is to listen to guided meditations through my headphones via YouTube. Sometimes I’ll lie in the garden and listen via my phone, that way no background noise gets in 

I personally love the Brian Weiss past life meditation, as it really helped me with some karmic baggage I had become aware of. Now I tend to go towards the healing and soulmate type meditations. There are some great ones online though, and there are some which help you visualise and manifest your dreams in other areas.

You’re totally correct that the new moon – wherever it falls can help you to manifest in that area of your life. I often say with a new moon “make a wish”. It does still apply with an eclipse, but usually eclipses require that we remove a blockage, or release an old energy. They tend to be a little more unpredictable, but try to have faith in whatever it is you wish to procure in your life and that faith will be reflected back to you. Timings are never predictable with life.

The next full moon will be an eclipse too and lunar eclipses are more to do with endings than beginnings. Manifestations that you ask for at this time will not be linked to the next full moon.

Believe and blessings of happiness to you!! x - QUOTE.

Oh im glad to hear this. Thank you very much and im glad I came across this thread. Think I needed it.

And thank you Jupiterasc for your information. I will look into eclipse path. :)

JUPITERASC

Hi Abby83,

Believe and blessings of happiness to you!! x

Oh im glad to hear this.
Thank you very much and im glad I came across this thread.
Think I needed it.

And thank you Jupiterasc for your information.
I will look into eclipse path.
:)

That's ok Abby83 eclipses are useful astrological indicators of sudden unexpected events
that are not necessarily "bad" :smile:
there's a thread discussing a LUNAR eclipse back in 2011
that clearly connected to a Mercury retrograde cycle at that time

that eclipse was in Gemini a Mercury ruled sign
todays PARTIAL SOLAR eclipse in another Mercury ruled sign Virgo
occurs during a current Mercury Retrograde cycle as well

and so
the discussion is likely to add insight regarding the current eclipse
for those whose Mercury/planets in Mercury ruled signs are potentially affected
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43617

Abby83

QUOTE FROM: "Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually.

When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth

By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California,
which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York,
we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not :smile:
People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you.
If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

THE NATAL PART OF THE BOOK
explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after
- usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

Does partial lunar eclipse count? Is this calculated by seeing where the eclipse falls in the natal chart? If the partial L eclipse is counted then in my case the moon conjuncts my south node which is fitting to my life being all about being consumed about my past and emotional reactions (being conjunct the moon). There is also a solar eclipse close to my DOB but it is after birth. Does this count too? Which of the two are more important?

Abby83

there's a thread discussing a LUNAR eclipse back in 2011
that clearly connected to a Mercury retrograde cycle at that time

that eclipse was in Gemini a Mercury ruled sign
todays PARTIAL SOLAR eclipse in another Mercury ruled sign Virgo
occurs during a current Mercury Retrograde cycle as well

and so
the discussion is likely to add insight regarding the current eclipse
for those whose Mercury/planets in Mercury ruled signs are potentially affected
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43617http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43617
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43617

You've got a good memory :).

Abby83

Wow, this is amazing.

So I correct myself. Solar Eclipse is trine my husband and myself and sextiles my 3rd house ruler. Lunar eclipse is conjunct moon and Jupiter. I see this as having to put my emotions behind me in this life and move forward with my life with my husband which is exactly what ive been realising over the last month. How awesome is this technique!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Does partial lunar eclipse count?
Is this calculated by seeing where the eclipse falls in the natal chart?

Jupiter asc -
So which one do I look at, the partial lunar before birth date or the full solar after birth?
an eclipse is an eclipse whether partial or full :smile:
Check any important links to natal chart
such as ASC/DESC/MC/IC as well as planets and so on

"The earliest record of using pre-natal eclipses
is as early as the beginning of horoscopic astrology in Babylon and Uruk"
From Francesca Rochberg's _Babylonian Horoscopes_ (1999, American Philosophical Society: Philadelphia, p. 44:

"Eclipses are found in the horoscopes, even when their occurrence did not coincide with the birthdate.
The evidence is too scanty to determine whether a certain relation exists between the dates of the eclipses and the birthdate.
Most, however, seem to come within five months of the date of birth."
If the partial L eclipse is counted then in my case the moon conjuncts my south node
which is fitting to my life being all about being consumed about my past and emotional reactions (being conjunct the moon).
There is also a solar eclipse close to my DOB but it is after birth.
Does this count too?
Which of the two are more important?
That's an interesting question :smile:

'....Consider if in that year in which he was born
ANY eclipse of the luminaries preceded the nativity"
Johannes Shoener 'Opusculum astrologicum', part 4, canon I.

for pre-natal eclipse check out the nearest solar eclipse prior to DOB

HOWEVER

how close to the DOB is the solar eclipse following

Last edited:

Abby83

an eclipse is an eclipse whether partial or full :smile:
Check any important links to natal chart
such as ASC/DESC/MC/IC as well as planets and so on

"The earliest record of using pre-natal eclipses
is as early as the beginning of horoscopic astrology in Babylon and Uruk"
From Francesca Rochberg's _Babylonian Horoscopes_ (1999, American Philosophical Society: Philadelphia, p. 44:

"Eclipses are found in the horoscopes, even when their occurrence did not coincide with the birthdate.
The evidence is too scanty to determine whether a certain relation exists between the dates of the eclipses and the birthdate.
Most, however, seem to come within five months of the date of birth."

That's an interesting question :smile:

'....Consider if in that year in which he was born
ANY eclipse of the luminaries preceded the nativity"
Johannes Shoener 'Opusculum astrologicum', part 4, canon I.

for pre-natal eclipse check out the nearest solar eclipse prior to DOB

HOWEVER

how close to the DOB is the solar eclipse following

Thanks for clarifying that up for me.

The lunar is 4 months before birth and the solar is 2 months after birth. Looking at the chart complicates my thoughts because north node's ruler squares the eclipse moon.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

lunar eclipses repeat cyclically every nineteen years
and there is likely to be a general theme of some kind.
:smile:
solar eclipses also repeat in cycles

Amongst those who study eclipses
it is common knowledge that
the total duration of the eclipse governs the length of time that it may trigger events...
Bill Meridian who learned from Charles Jayne as well as Lorne Edward Johndro
is of this opinion

anyone with planets/angles conjunct the eclipse degree
as well as with natal planets conjunct planets transiting at the time of the eclipse
may experience continuing eclipse effects

to assess and/or verify the duration of eclipse effects
then it is a good idea to research past eclipses
that occurred at degrees conjunct your own natal planets/angles
and THEN decide whether the effects last for only six months
– or whether the effects are for as many years as the eclipse duration.

Fred Espanak's NASA page has all necessary data available encompassing five thousand years of eclipses
for solar eclipses
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/solar.html
and for lunar eclipses
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/solar.html

JUPITERASC

Thanks for clarifying that up for me.

The lunar is 4 months before birth and the solar is 2 months after birth.
Looking at the chart complicates my thoughts because north node's ruler squares the eclipse moon.
A bi-wheel with natal chart and prenatal lunar eclipse can often clarify
also bi-wheel with natal chart and post natal solar eclipse
:smile:

Abby83

All sounds confusing :unsure:. I can see u know a lot about it but unfortunately im a little lost. It's just that initially I thought you said it's an 'eclipse path,' meaning it will last your whole life right?

I looked at my husband's chart as well and I am disturbed that his eclipse moon opposes me and his friends and sextiles his mother. It's not in line with my chart.

Last edited: