Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
fullmoonlibra's Avatar
fullmoonlibra fullmoonlibra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,313
Mysterious "29"

I am trying to understand this degree, since it is scaring me in my chart.
I'm not able to interpret it in my chart, so I hope you can help.



Planets found in degrees 20 to 29 degrees are the spiritual degrees and relate to the spirit.

Degrees "20" and "29" are the most powerful, with "29" relating to the pinnacle of spiritual attunement. Many people with this degree potent in their chart are psychically gifted.

Degrees "0" and "29" are thought to be "critical". The extreme spiritual sensitivity of "29" can make it hard for the subject to adapt to earthly conditions, whereas a "0" is just beginning to adapt. People with planets at "29" degrees rarely lead mundane lives. Trauma often besets them, creating escapism in many forms and especially accidents and suicide; but those who use their gifts positively are able to reach iconic states within their chosen field.

29th degree of any sign is known as the finger of fate. Planets and house cusps which occupy anarectic degrees indicate fundamental issues with which one must deal.




In the Degree of the Nodes refers to any planet or significant point that falls in the same degree of the lunar nodes in any sign. It must be the very same degree, not one higher or lower to come within one degree but actually in that same degree, regardless of the number of minutes. This shows a fated appointment or fateful event, possibly some sort of catastrophe. This indicator has been used mainly in Horary Astrology and if such a condition exists, it means the situation is out of the hands of the Querent.

The Nodes show where eclipses are occurring and eclipses are powerful New or Full Moons (lunations) associated with major events, sometimes catastrophic in proportion, especially total eclipses where the Sun and Moon are nearest the node, thus the origin of this interpretation technique. A planet in the degree of the nodes takes on the excitability of the North Node as well as some of the malefic influence of the South Node. The South Node is associated with a sacrifice or an obligation.

Highly respected astrologer Ivy Jacobson says that, "Any planet or angle in the same degree as the Nodes points to a catastrophe, casualty, fatality or tragedy in a horary or natal chart, the more far-reaching when a malefic is involved." In The Way of Astrology, she further notes that during the year that a progressed angle lines up with a natal or progressed node, there will be some tragedy in the life. I have likewise found this to be quite a reliable prediction tool, however in my experience the term “tragic” is something of an overstatement unless there is substantial back up from other indicators that also points to a tragedy. More commonly, the unpleasant experiences in the life during these years are along the lines of accidents, health problems or surgeries, loosing a job, bad credit, divorce and various “catastrophes” and regrettable situations that often occur as a result of previous poor judgment. One does get through the period but it is more difficult and longer lasting if the progressed angle comes first to the progressed node, soon followed by the angular alignment with the natal node.*




I have my north node at 29 degrees in aries conjunct sun in taurus (2 degrees) in 9th house.
Both sun and North Node are squaring my Part Of Fortune at 29 degrees in capricorn in sixth house.

Is there a need to worry?


Last edited by fullmoonlibra; 01-05-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fullmoonlibra For This Useful Post:
Cat (08-04-2015)
  #2  
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
sdh3 sdh3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 280
Re: Mysterious "29"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoonlibra View Post
I am trying to understand this degree, since it is scaring me in my chart.
I'm not able to interpret it in my chart, so I hope you can help.

Planets found in degrees 20 to 29 degrees are the spiritual degrees and relate to the spirit.

Degrees "20" and "29" are the most powerful, with "29" relating to the pinnacle of spiritual attunement. Many people with this degree potent in their chart are psychically gifted.

Degrees "0" and "29" are thought to be "critical". The extreme spiritual sensitivity of "29" can make it hard for the subject to adapt to earthly conditions, whereas a "0" is just beginning to adapt. People with planets at "29" degrees rarely lead mundane lives. Trauma often besets them, creating escapism in many forms and especially accidents and suicide; but those who use their gifts positively are able to reach iconic states within their chosen field.

29th degree of any sign is known as the finger of fate. Planets and house cusps which occupy anarectic degrees indicate fundamental issues with which one must deal.

In the Degree of the Nodes refers to any planet or significant point that falls in the same degree of the lunar nodes in any sign. It must be the very same degree, not one higher or lower to come within one degree but actually in that same degree, regardless of the number of minutes. This shows a fated appointment or fateful event, possibly some sort of catastrophe. This indicator has been used mainly in Horary Astrology and if such a condition exists, it means the situation is out of the hands of the Querent.

The Nodes show where eclipses are occurring and eclipses are powerful New or Full Moons (lunations) associated with major events, sometimes catastrophic in proportion, especially total eclipses where the Sun and Moon are nearest the node, thus the origin of this interpretation technique. A planet in the degree of the nodes takes on the excitability of the North Node as well as some of the malefic influence of the South Node. The South Node is associated with a sacrifice or an obligation.

Highly respected astrologer Ivy Jacobson says that, "Any planet or angle in the same degree as the Nodes points to a catastrophe, casualty, fatality or tragedy in a horary or natal chart, the more far-reaching when a malefic is involved." In The Way of Astrology, she further notes that during the year that a progressed angle lines up with a natal or progressed node, there will be some tragedy in the life. I have likewise found this to be quite a reliable prediction tool, however in my experience the term “tragic” is something of an overstatement unless there is substantial back up from other indicators that also points to a tragedy. More commonly, the unpleasant experiences in the life during these years are along the lines of accidents, health problems or surgeries, loosing a job, bad credit, divorce and various “catastrophes” and regrettable situations that often occur as a result of previous poor judgment. One does get through the period but it is more difficult and longer lasting if the progressed angle comes first to the progressed node, soon followed by the angular alignment with the natal node.*



I have my north node at 29 degrees in aries conjunct sun in taurus (2 degrees) in 9th house.
Both sun and North Node are squaring my Part Of Fortune at 29 degrees in capricorn in sixth house.

Is there a need to worry?
The following might prove useful. It is list of the Sabian Symbols for the 29th degree of each of the twelve signs. Others are more qualified to comment about critical degrees and where they fall in your chart and what that all means.

Aries 30: A duck pond and its brood
Taurus 30: A peacock parading on an ancient lawn
Gemini 30: Bathing beauties
Cancer 30: A Daughter of the American Revolution
Leo 30: An unsealed letter
Virgo 30: A false call unheard in attention to immediate service
Libra 30: Three mounds of knowledge on a philosopher's head
Scorpio 30: The Halloween jester
Sagittarius 30: The Pope
Capricorn 30: A secret business conference
Aquarius 30: The field of Ardath in bloom
Pisces 30: The Great Stone Face

---sdh3
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
fullmoonlibra's Avatar
fullmoonlibra fullmoonlibra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,313
Re: Mysterious "29"

I was actually trying to interpret it in sixth house/ninth house, capricorn/aries matters. Because I don't use the sabian symbol thing.

My thoughts were these:

In the best possible way:
I want to become writer, so sixth house and capricorn fits with my aspirations, since my daily routine and work (~6th house matters) is going to be based on writing (~capricorn) and since that's going to be my happiness (POF).
Square to Sun/north node means that I have to try my best and must work very disciplined if I want to become a writer (sun conjunct north node in ninth house).

BUT what bothers me, and that's why I opened this thread, the NN at 29 degrees AND the fact that I have POF in the same degree, is somehow not promising...

Could I be totally wrong with my interpretation and could I for example get some disease or something, since sixth house is also about health.

Well I must say, this scares me a lot, because Pluto transit is not that far away anymore to my part of fortune (well, conjunction in 2022 actually, so when I am 35 years old)

The good thing for NOW is: I have Jupiter/Lilith transiting my north node and sun....
So I can expect anything now, that will affect the 29 degrees.. Is it?

Last edited by fullmoonlibra; 01-05-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
fullmoonlibra's Avatar
fullmoonlibra fullmoonlibra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,313
Re: Mysterious "29"

29th Degree

Also known as the Anaretic Degree, defective vision is noted with this degree. It’s the weakest point in the sign it represents; tired and often showing more of the next sign than the sign it’s in. The planet and house placement is always getting ready to make a change and the 29th degree adds a decision-making complication to the house. Able to see both sides of an issue, there is oscillation between one view and the other and a struggle to make any decision at all. Decisions are put off or there is a continuous re-evaluation due to new information. At the end of his rope, the individual may make a quick decision, simply to do something, but this takes on the characteristic of Too Much or Too Little. Metaphorically, he may dive into the pool before checking to see if it has water.*

A placement of a planet in the 29th degree in a house automatically makes the ability to manifest the characteristics of that house structure more fuzzy, and the interaction with the people of that house more vague and less decisive. Sun in the 29th degree often causes a major career change in mid life. This position can slow down career success because of poor decision-making skills. Women with their Sun in a 29th degree have a tendency to marry men who are ineffectual in some way:*trouble keeping a job, born followers, too passive, emotional problems.*Again this is related to the concept of poor decision-making (both on the part of the woman and on the part of the husband).

A 29th degree in a progressed chart often stimulates the characteristics, either positive or negative of the relationship, and a last fling jump for the characteristics of the sign, in the house that it is in. Saturn in 29th Capricorn is the degree of the workaholic. The individual can’t seem to get enough hard work. But s/he runs into obstacles in getting it, and often vacillates between working to death, and no work.
Thanks to Eric Uberseder (Zarathu) for his contribution and permission to post this edited excerpt from his article, .Let’s Give it the 29th Degree. There is no longer a link to his full length article.

Note: The 29th degree takes a measure of its reputation from the fixed star group called the Pleiades in the final degree of Taurus.*
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM
mamamama14 mamamama14 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Re: Mysterious "29"

What is this freaky 29 thingy .... I have chiron in Aries at 29 ??????
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM
sdh3 sdh3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 280
Re: Mysterious "29"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoonlibra View Post
I was actually trying to interpret it in sixth house/ninth house, capricorn/aries matters. Because I don't use the sabian symbol thing.
Ok. I assumed that since this was posted to a Degree Symbols forum where we mostly discuss the Sabian Symbols then you wanted some perspective in that vein.

--sdh3
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
fullmoonlibra's Avatar
fullmoonlibra fullmoonlibra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,313
Re: Mysterious "29"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh3 View Post
Ok. I assumed that since this was posted to a Degree Symbols forum where we mostly discuss the Sabian Symbols then you wanted some perspective in that vein.

--sdh3
I don't know anything about it so I'm sorry
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Choe Choe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 326
Re: Mysterious "29"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoonlibra View Post
Planets found in degrees 20 to 29 degrees are the spiritual degrees and relate to the spirit.

Degrees "20" and "29" are the most powerful, with "29" relating to the pinnacle of spiritual attunement. Many people with this degree potent in their chart are psychically gifted.
This makes me happy I have quite important planets in the 3rd decanate

Here you go dear fullmoonlibra a song for you for opening this thread:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFd4n...c6FAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Choe; 01-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia, US
Posts: 1,428
Re: Mysterious "29"

What are you guys worried about? I've got Saturn at 29.5 Libra, loosely conjunct Pluto (27.2 Libra), and you don't see me worried.

PHASE 210 (LIBRA 30°): THREE MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A PHILOSOPHER'S HEAD.

KEYNOTE: The fulfillment of man's power of understanding at whatever level of existence the person operates.

A true philosopher is a man who is able to "understand," not merely "know," the processes of life as he comes to experience them directly. He is the man of wisdom, different indeed from the man of science; for while there must be knowledge before understanding, knowledge alone can be both barren and destructive of wisdom. This peculiar symbol refers of course to "phrenology," which is usually considered a pseudo-science, but may provide significant indications. Number 3 always indicates a state of completion. The symbol implies a fulfillment of philosophical understanding, which obviously has nothing to do with academic degrees or the writing of successful treatises on abstract concepts.


This fifth stage symbol is the last of the Libra series: Understanding and wisdom develop in terms of the life of community and through experiences provided by interpersonal and group relationships. Cultural factors are always involved, even though true wisdom transcends cultural values and is rooted in the essential nature of Man. What is at stake here is A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO KNOWLEDGE, based on universals.
__________________
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/
Free Astrological Tools, Calculators, and Ephemerides
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Flowergirl's Avatar
Flowergirl Flowergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 604
Re: Mysterious "29"

Thanks for bringing up the reading material about 29 degree planets. I too have been trying to understand my 29 degree Sun and all the descriptions fit me.
__________________
Blessings
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
dv.harsh dv.harsh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Question Re: Mysterious "29"

I have saturn at 29.1 degrees in scorpio in 2nd house from ascendant(libra)....
What does it signify...i read about saturn 29 degrees in capricon makes one workaholic ...what about 29.1 degrees saturn in scorpio???

I also have jupiter 26 degrees in pieces
ASCENDANT(libra) :- 13 degrees
SUN in SCORPIO :- 23 degrees
(ALL CRITCAL DEGREES IN ONE HOROSCOPE )

PLEASE TELL ME THE SIGNIFICANCE.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
dv.harsh dv.harsh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Re: Mysterious "29"

For Reference :-
DOB :- 10-12-1987
Time :- 04.05 am
Place :- mumbai (india)
Lat :- 18 N 58
long :- 72 E 49

Last edited by dv.harsh; 01-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia, US
Posts: 1,428
Re: Mysterious "29"

dv.harsh: I've never found the critical degrees to be all that important, but that may be because of my relatively loose interpretation style. Their function (as far as I am aware) is to indicate which planetary forces will likely outweigh which other planetary forces. In the end, however, all planetary forces are expressed in real life. The critical degrees seek to determine a little more of how they will be expressed.

As to the 30th (29.1) degree of Scorpio:
PHASE 240 (SCORPIO 30°): CHILDREN IN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES INDULGE IN VARIOUS PRANKS.

KEYNOTE: The periodic outlets society furnishes within traditional limits to still-immature energies.

In the symbol for the first degree of Scorpio we see individuals beginning to be involved in the collective life of a large city. This leads them to a great diversity of experience which stimulates their sense of belonging to a vaster whole; or it may stimulate their rebellious instincts. Some of the latter in most cases cannot be completely overcome, but society has built in several ways of allowing them to operate under ritualistic procedures that are sufficiently safe to the collectivity. Wherever this symbol is found, the need for such outlets is shown to exist. But the rules of the game have to be obeyed.

This is the last symbol referring to Scene Sixteen of the great ritual of cyclic being. It tells us that in any feeling experience of collective living and inter-human relationships one has to deal with unregenerated and centrifugal elements. These should be carefully managed. They can also be controlled by the power of mind – the Sagitarrian way. The symbol points to an imaginative RELIEF FROM TENSION.



Note that this information only applies to your Saturn placement. The Sun, Moon, ASC, and MC should be examined with Sabian symbols before the Saturn placement.
__________________
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/
Free Astrological Tools, Calculators, and Ephemerides
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mysterious

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I found something more amazing about Zodiac in Mysterious Oriental Meaning.... vannessneo Chat 2 11-06-2009 04:22 PM
The Mysterious Vertex Kerrie Relational Astrology 4 08-25-2008 05:28 PM
The mysterious "Panch-pakshi" shyam Transits 0 11-01-2007 09:00 AM
Who Was the Mysterious Caller? angelina Horary Astrology 3 02-24-2007 05:09 PM
5th house, Jupiter and Moon in mysterious scorpio... {Krystal} Houses & cusps 3 02-16-2007 07:52 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.