Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-29-2006, 03:43 AM

Thumbs up Loved it-- !! Scientist writes Cute article on Astrology & its skeptics

[deleted overly long quote - Moderator]

Check it out =)
I loved it.

http://www.compatti.com/compatti/ser...News040804.jsp

Other interesting websites I ran into today [found on compatti.com here:http://www.compatti.com/compatti/servlets/FrontController?target=/compatti/CompattiResources.jsp&screenMode=general]

Into the Twentieth Century
Carl Jung himself... and his assistants examined the birth charts of 180 apparently happily married couples, and sought in them the traditional astrological indications of satisfactory partnership.

Love at first sight
If it is true that we learn the most about ourselves through relationships, because others act as a mirror for our behavior, then synastry is probably the easiest part of astrology to investigate.

Relationship between
astrology and psychology

Twenty-four female subjects were asked to recognize as "true" or "untrue" complex personality characteristics describing themselves and to select one of three personality profiles as their own.

What I've Learned: Be honest with yourself, some people aren't worth getting to know, the ones that are will find you interesting and valuable. "Those who mind don't matter and those who Matter don't mind." - dR. sEUSS

"The sailor doesn't ask for more wind, he learns how to sail." (I have fixed signs most of all, 1 mutable) :]

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-08-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Unread 08-29-2006, 08:36 AM

Re: Loved it-- !! Scientist writes Cute article on Astrology & its skeptics

Cool, thanks Mabel.

My dad mentioned Jung's research into the astrology of married couples the other day, seems you spared me the effort of looking...
Unread 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM

Interesting ideas...

Come up with an idea on how to develop a web-based version of that research looking to replicate results and it'll be done in a matter of days!
I long to see more such astrology research and am willing to devote this site to it Already got some ideas, but looking for some better ones.
Unread 08-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Smile Re: Loved it-- !! Scientist writes Cute article on Astrology & its skeptics

Radu, I have a friend in australia who is big into astro research- a very bright guy. If you would like to exchange ideas, let me know . He has a research project going right now.
Unread 08-29-2006, 02:31 PM

Sure! How could I contact him?