Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM

Rulers of the Horoscope

[deleted] {deleted}

Last edited by Joseph Ledzion; 02-04-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Unread 01-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Re: Rulers of the Horoscope

As my natal interpretation skills are limited [very limited as to what is known as "Helenistic"] I'm intrigued by your post.
It seems like a great deal of delineation and study to arrive at a conclusion.
I'm naturally skeptical of many of these "ancient techniques" that are overly complex.

[... There are a great deal of techniques in Astrology, that are overly complex, quite old and yet, after many centuries {even millenia}, still haven't proven themselves to any degree of irrefutability....Just because it's old doesn't necessarily mean it should be revered....I mean, think about it...How long did 'cupping' and 'blood letting' go on before the techniques were finally admitted to as being 'bogus'?...until just a few years ago smoking was favored in hospitals because tobacco smoke was concidered to be a gemicidal!]

As your instuctions are a bit vague on a few points would you be willing to do a demonstration on my chart...walk me through this process so that I can learn it and eventually give it a thorough and informed evaluation?

...also I believe you are refering to my use of the word dimensions in relation to the "Houses"...if you had read the post you would understand that I'm utilizing an Astrological abstraction as a model of a pattern of a possible exoteric reality.
If you meditate/ponder deeply on the entire system/philosophy of Astrology you should come to the realization it is an abstraction of the entire macrocosm...which in itself is a construct of math and symbiotics.
I'm proposing [or, in support of the theory] that Astrology is a schematic to an understanding of the "Above & Below" that exists in all of creation...all sciences can find their paradigms in Astrologics and eventually will...as the knowledge will eventually be re-discovered.
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:25 PM

I have a lot of problems with some of the traditional concepts:

1. Bounds/terms aren't natural, they're contrived dignities that are entirely man-made and only made for the traditional planets. Different cultures just decided which planets they thought were more dignified where and said "ok, this planet is really good in this sign, so it gets terms at an earlier degree than that other planet, and it'll have more too," it's patent nonsense that has doesn't work with logic or order. There are other sign division dignities I like, but bounds aren't one I give much credit to.

2. The triplicity rulers are somewhat ok, but then again it's still a dumb idea because of the fact that they only knew of 7 planets yet they wanted to assign those to 8 sects, then it ends up with the most fiery planet Mars supposedly always dignified in the water signs because after the other planets were supposedly assigned he was all that was left for the 4th element (IMO for water it should be Jupiter since both water and Jupiter are fruitful and Mars should be night for fire since that's his element, sect and gender [masculine] and a planet should be dignified when in a sign that forms a trine to its own sign).

3. I see sign rulers as always above exaltation lord and the supposed almuten, so I'd say Saturn is under Venus' control when in Libra. My belief is that the sign does the work of its lord and the placement of its lord shows what is in store for anything that should happen to be in that sign. Next I see Venus as belonging with the Air element not the Earth element: Taurus is the only Earth sign she's somewhat happy in, in Virgo she's in fall and in aversion to her house, Capricorn is much drier and depressing than she is, so it's still not a very good placement for her. The humorically moist and social air element though which handles romances very lightly are much better suited to her.

4. I've been looking into the "predominating planet" thing, apparently it also has to do with which has the most essential and accident dignities or if there's a stellium and things like that and I do agree with you that it can be useful to look into things like that.

Anyway, that's what I think.

"
...Of the 2700 astronomers attending the conference (out of some 10,000 professionals worldwide), less than 500 actually voted on the resolution, which was put to the assembly on the last day of the conference. Not much of a consensus.
"

-Rob Tillett on the 2006 IAU General Assembly and the precedent to declare Pluto a "Dwarf Planet"

This user (birth chart) knows everything! At least, that's what his mother keeps saying...

Last edited by Pallas-trine-Mars; 03-17-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM

What about that sign/house dispositor thing on astro.com? Is it any good for this matter?

I got Pluto as my sign dispositor, dont know why really. Didnt think it was a ruler of my chart or prominent at all! I mean Ive never heard it before....

Mercury was my house dispositor, but I expected it to have a central place, ruling the ascendent and all.

I also read some rules about determining chart ruler. But these were many! AC ruler, Sun ruler, planet receiving most aspects, stellium in a specific sign.

I have for example AC ruler of gemini --> mercury. Stellium of mars, venus, moon in virgo --> mercury

Sun sign perhaps points to venus and its in virgo = mercury

Mercury is in scorpio (plutos sign) pluto is conjuncting mercury closely and its in its own sign. Pluto = exhalted or rulership?

I think the personal planets and the AC would be the most important in this matter. Not sure about MC? its more about carreer than the self right?

Last edited by Vagabondgirl; 03-16-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondgirl View Post
What about that sign/house dispositor thing on astro.com? Is it any good for this matter?

I got Pluto as my sign dispositor, dont know why really. Didnt think it was a ruler of my chart or prominent at all! I mean Ive never heard it before....

Mercury was my house dispositor, but I expected it to have a central place, ruling the ascendent and all.

I also read some rules about determining chart ruler. But these were many! AC ruler, Sun ruler, planet receiving most aspects, stellium in a specific sign.

I have for example AC ruler of gemini --> mercury. Stellium of mars, venus, moon in virgo --> mercury

Sun sign perhaps points to venus and its in virgo = mercury

Mercury is in scorpio (plutos sign) pluto is conjuncting mercury closely and its in its own sign. Pluto = exhalted or rulership?

I think the personal planets and the AC would be the most important in this matter. Not sure about MC? its more about carreer than the self right?
Hi Vaga, although I definitely use the outers (Neptune, Uranus, Pluto) in analysis, Mars traditionally disposed Scorpio (and Aries). I think there is a strong influence wherever you find a stellium. The stellium you have of Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars sounds strong to me and from what I gather it's in Scorpio. Considering you have Mars in Scorpio disposing your entire Scorpio stellium and the fact that Mars can see (by aspect, it conjoins) the rest of the planets greatly benefits you. You probably value your privacy and have a bit of a temper. I wonder if you've ever had any issues with other people claiming you're a bit too controlling?

On another note, consider the sect of your chart (whether your Sun is above or below the Ascendant/Descendant axis) and the house in which your stellium falls. This is also useful in determining the effect planetary dispositors have on the planet they control.

Catatonia
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatonia View Post
Hi Vaga, although I definitely use the outers (Neptune, Uranus, Pluto) in analysis, Mars traditionally disposed Scorpio (and Aries). I think there is a strong influence wherever you find a stellium. The stellium you have of Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars sounds strong to me and from what I gather it's in Scorpio. Considering you have Mars in Scorpio disposing your entire Scorpio stellium and the fact that Mars can see (by aspect, it conjoins) the rest of the planets greatly benefits you. You probably value your privacy and have a bit of a temper. I wonder if you've ever had any issues with other people claiming you're a bit too controlling?

On another note, consider the sect of your chart (whether your Sun is above or below the Ascendant/Descendant axis) and the house in which your stellium falls. This is also useful in determining the effect planetary dispositors have on the planet they control.

Catatonia
Are you talking about me or?

I have only moon-venus-mars stellium, and they are in Virgo ( a mercury sign).

My AC ruler is Mercury and its in Scorpio, conjunct pluto. Saturn is also in scorpio.

I think Im mentally controlling some times. I always want to be right And maybe it irritates people sometimes....

You can check out my placidius chart yourself, so I dont give too unclear info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro ma.jpg (78.1 KB, 4 views)

Tags
horoscope, rulers