Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 10-09-2009, 12:27 AM

12th house and social anxiety

I've been reading my natal chart for quite a while and when I had the time to check on the signs, I tried to interpret my personality and why I deal with my surroundings and certain situations. In my younger years, I was shy and quiet. I never noticed this until people pointed this out. It was like a slap in the face because I felt I was singled out and different. The way they made it sound was like I was abnormal. With this in mind, my experiences made me feel weird, different and very self conscious of my appearance, body language and in turn it just made the situation worse. For example,when I have class presentations or walking down the street, I get really nervous and my body goes stiff like crazy. Something in me wants to come out but it doesn't, like something is pulling me down or holding me back. I've always wanted to be the outgoing one but I couldn't fulfill my dreams of being outspoken and likable to others.

Just a while ago, I learned that I have a very strong 12th house. I know its not the worst nor is it the best, but I just would like to know does it have to do with my social anxiety or its just my personality? Where else can I ask these questions, Im just so lost with this 12th house. I know there is no way I can change this because this is what makes me, but at the same time I dislike myself for it. I know this post might be annoying but I just had to reveal some things about me. I've been holding it in for too long, but I still need some answers to why this is happening to me so often. Please give me some kind of insight on anxiety and 12th house

[poster gave no astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 10-13-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Unread 10-09-2009, 12:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: 12th house and social anxiety

Well the 12th house is your personal space, where your heart flows vs your head.
Dreams, no boundaries
It is where we are conscious and subconscious and none at all...where the spirit lives without the need of the body; where the soul has free reign.
That of which when you are completely alone, when all of the world has left behind and where you can feel your most comfortable.
To give up and surrender to your higher mind, again without the body containing you from doing so.

It could be that if you have a 12th house that is afflicted, then you may not be totally comfortable with these things above. Or you may be too comfortable with the above and the real world can be too much and cause anxiety

The only way to find out is for you to put your chart up on the forum for us to look at and help you if you wish.

To have spiritual self care can be lacking, which can easily carry over to your daily activities. More and more stress builds and then if you dont have this time to sit, leave your body for some time and reflect, then it can all be too much.

Your post is not at all the least bit annoying. I have had some reflections of myself and needed help here and it has allowed me to work on many issues that I have about myself. Like my own therapist.
The idea that we are supposed to know ourselves because we are ourselves is not right. It is that daily relationship with our soul that constantly investigates and makes slight changes to better ourselves.

I admire you for looking within to see what it is about yourself that you can change, as many people are afraid to do this, afraid of what they might see.
Unread 10-09-2009, 01:41 AM

here is my chart. Hope you can find a lot of information on it
Attached Images
File Type: gif charttt!!.gif (28.1 KB, 105 views)
Unread 10-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Banned

Hey, looking at your chart's emphasis on Cancer, Capricorn, and the 4th and 12th houses,it looks like you weren't born to be the bubbly life of the party. However, this doesnt mean you wont grow. Try taking a look at your progressed chart on astro.com. Your sun sign should have progressed into Gemini by now, but may be still in the 4th house. You're only 20 now, so you have plenty of time to grow and work on what you feel are your weaknesses.

But at 1st glance, I would say your Cancer Moon makes you a pretty sensitive person, a bit afraid to come out of your "shell", so to speak. And your Capricorn rising gives you a serious, reserved appearance, so people may be reacting to that. Saturn, which rules Capricorn, is in 12th, which I've heard can be a sign of agoraphobia, or fear of public places.

The good news is, your Mars shows what you desire in life, and its placement in Cancer shows that you prefer a little privacy, and need that protective shell around you. This is your natal chart, showing you how you are naturally, but if you want to change that, you can. Take a look at your progressed chart, and post if you can, I'll take a look at it. My guess would be that once Mars enters Leo in the future, you'll be way more outgoing, and outspoken..it may be a while before that progression happens.
Quote:
I felt I was singled out and different. The way they made it sound was like I was abnormal. With this in mind, my experiences made me feel weird, different and very self conscious of my appearance, body language and in turn it just made the situation worse. For example,when I have class presentations or walking down the street, I get really nervous and my body goes stiff like crazy.
I would say this is because of your Ascendant having progressed into Aquarius, a quirkly, unique sign. I would really recommend getting your progressed chart, and posting it so we can look. And dont forget to give your own interpretation of it as well..
Unread 10-09-2009, 05:08 AM

melosine, congratulations upon having the fortitude to look at how your behave. This is to be applauded.

Those 12-house planets - and in particular, neptune - can make you very sensitive to the environment in which you find yourself. You may also tend to `pick up' the thoughts and feelings of others around you, and so this can create some confusion about how it is you are feeling because you just may be experiencing the feelings of others, rather than your own thoughts and feelings.

I am more interested in the planets you have in the 6th house. Mars and Moon conjunct in Cancer (and both of them forming a conjunction with Chiron - but that is a whole other story....) is a very sensitive placement. By this I mean that your body is sensitive and will tend to react to how you feel, or even to any perceived threats in your environment. To a degree, the social anxiety you feel is as a result of 3 things: your 12th house planets, your 6th house planets, and the oppositions formed between the two. In particular, you may be being affected in social situations by the Moon opposition Saturn, as well as Moon opposition Neptune........

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...ion-saturn.php
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...on-neptune.php

In order to be able to go out in the world and feel safe and `normal', you are going to have to develop some practises of spiritual/psychic protection - perhaps like imagining yourself encased in a bubble of pure white light. People who are angry, drunk or drug-affected will not be good for you. You should be careful and self-protective in any environment where a lot of people are gathered, such as a club, or a mall, or even just on the streets. In these environments you have no control over who is there and how they behave.

I also suspect that what others have observed as your quietness is part of your own natural self-protection, where it is you hold back and observe and assess and measure the situation before you enter it and embrace it. This is normal for you, and you should not judge it!!!!!!! You are going to need to be careful about where you go and who it is you mix with. You are a sensitive person, and we sensitives must look after ourselves!

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 10-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Hello, Melosine

I think your horoscope might be at an earlier degree, but from what you've describe about yourself - and from what I was able to see by looking at your horoscope - the Capricorn personality fits!

Capricorn is the personality that portends a cautious, reserved, quiet, withdrawn and sensible demeanor. From a physical standpoint, the face is usually oval to rectangular-ovate, with ears that usually stand out prominately from the sides of the head (that tend to be more noticeable in men than in women, since women have more hair to hide same. President Obama and past president Dwight D. Eisenhower are male examples of the Capricorn rising personality).

The location of Capricorn's rulers, Saturn and Uranus, are also in the sign, which amplify its characteristics. What you described as your inhibited sense of personal expression on one hand while your desire to break free on the other hand can be attributed to Saturn and Uranus. Here you have the first planet, Saturn, that adds caution with respect to the timing of the body's (or personality's) reactions, an introspective and indwelling type of individual, and a deliberateness in outward expression - as if to make certain every expression is surefooted (having a Taurus Sun sign, another introvert, doubles that trait, at a minimum). Then you have Uranus, which provides the urges to break free of the old, to orient yourself toward the new and exciting and to go beyond established limits - only to be slowed down through its deposit in Capricorn and conjunction to Saturn. Both planets are also conjunct Neptune (also in Capricorn).

As to what you attribute to social anxiety, I don't necessarily think that would be a condition attributed to the 12th house (or any house) per se, but through the aspects involved. I can tell you that one's outer reactions to social conditions would be an 11th house matter (which, in your chart, is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune) but so is one's personality. I can also tell you that anytime the Moon and Saturn are in conflict, doubts tend to arise. The Moon represents changes, revelations, social conditions, popularity, the public, the emotions, conscious memories, the subconscious mind and the psyche. Saturn represents time constraints, withholdings, experience, doubts, delays, step-by-step slow-paced processes and procedures, and respect for the tried and true. Mercury in adverse aspect could add nervousness. Mars in adverse aspect could add strife.

You have both Saturn and Uranus (and Neptune) in opposition to the Moon and Mars (both in the highly sensitive sign, Cancer). Uranus is contraparallel Mercury and Saturn is contraparallel Jupiter. The Uranus and Mercury contraparall can easily contribute to a highly sensitive and nervous temperament - as well as a keen sense of perception. These along with the Neptune influences can make you feel like human satellite or sponge that absorbs everything around you..

(Parallel and Contraparallels are declination aspects - planets that are aligned, North or South, of the Equator, as opposed to just those in longitude [which you can see in the chart]. These aspects add a whole wealth of additional information, occur more frequently than those in longitude, and are the strongest of all aspects - being equivalent to the conjunction in longitude. Look to your "Additional Tables in PDF Fomat on astro.com.)

The oppositions and contraparallel aspects are interpersonal in nature. They are neither good nor bad (one's choices made in reference to their urges or inclinations in dealing with others determine the true outcome). Rather, they represent CONDITIONS and influences whose connotations have an association between yourself and other people. They are not entirely personal in nature (parallel S) nor from purely external sources (parallel N) but are COOPERATIVE (S/N) influences.

Please keep in mind that while your your personality (and horoscope), without doubt, does play a significant role in who you are, you are not bound by it. I can tell you from personal experience that you CAN change. In fact, the various urges from astrological factors are the very impulses that prompt us into action - to change, to exercise will - in the first place. The key is to identify those that will empower and strengthen us to maximize our positives to minimize our negatives - and then apply abilities associated with same accordingly to enhance personal efficacy and self-worth.

In going back to the 12th house, its true meaning is: the house of public service (as opposed to the 6th house, which identifies an occupation that pertains to and affects one personally). That is, anyone who renders or performs services for the benefit of mankind - or who desires to leave something worthwhile to mankind - or who realizes their reason for existence - has a strong 12th house. It is where one does to others as one would have done unto oneself. It shows the effects of society upon us and vice-versa. Those in government positions, social workers, workaholics, great achievers (as well as jailers - who serve the public [12th house] in jails for crimes committed) have strong 12th or intercepted 6th and 12th house.

Of course, what's shown in one's horoscope might or might not be correct. Reliance on the physical birth time alone has often produced misleading interpretations and results, since the soul's real birth time is selected during labor or just prior to physical world entry (which is actually the ENDING point of the birth process). It's usually, but not always, why a personality that is shown in an individual's horoscope (according to the physical birth/birth certificate time) such as an extroverted, big-boned and square jawed Leo might really be displaced by one of the two personalities before it.

Best Regards,

A.T.

Last edited by Astro-Intuitive; 10-09-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM

In the two links that R4ven posted, every word and sentence was exactly me. From the parental and social conditions to having lack of confidence. That is me, and its so hard for me to overcome those things. I don't know where to start. How am I going to change this? Its my life and it's been going on from the time I was probably a baby. I went to see my progressive chart, but its kind of confusing. Do I put May 29 1989 or today's date to check my progressive chart ?
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Jennifer,
To get your progressed chart, you keep your birthdate, but just choose the type of chart you want under the "Methods" section. So I did it for you, I'll attach it.

The first thing I realized is that Mars wont be progressing into Leo for you any time soon,(like not until you're in your late 30's), but dont worry about that. Your progressed Moon sign is now Pisces but will be progressing into Aries very soon, so you're probably already feeling the effects of that!

But right now, Uranus is ruling your ASC and your chart as a whole, and is now in a stellium in the 11th house with Neptune and Saturn.

Your Jupiter conjuncting Venus is a great aspect, one of the best/beautiful in a chart and it's in your 4th house. It's similar to my Venus conjuncting Jupiter in Cancer in my 12th. This shows simply that you're more comfortable away from the public eye. But in Gemini, you still have a beautiful gift of communicating.

Your progressed Sun conjuncting your IC is also a major aspect. It opposes your MH, accentuating your uncomfortability with public speaking. Mercury rules your 4th, so it shows you'd rather keep your thoughts private in public settings, that's why people may see you as shy. Your progressed Mercury is also retrograding, making you reticent, or reluctant to speaking in public.

The icing on the cake here is your Moon in your 1st, this rules how you appear to others, and the Moon rules Cancer and the 4th. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on your 4th house here, so I think that your issues are not really about the 12th house as much.

R4ven is right, you're just a sensitive person, and that's not a bad thing! You're at an age where people may place more emphasis on being sociable and outgoing,(are you in college or school?) Even now at 31, I wish I was as sociable as I used to be when I was your age, but there comes a time in your life when you have to choose your friends wisely, so maybe you just havent found your niche yet.

But have no fear! Your concern now is probably due to your Moon about to progress out of Pisces into Aries, and this will happen in Mid December. So you will officially be feeling like an Aries Moon a couple of months from now, you're just feeling the effects of that change coming. That shift is pretty big, as I like to call Aries the "anti-Pisces". So you will feel less like a 12th house anxious person, and more confident in yourself.

Lastly, your North Node is at a very sensitive place, 29deg Aquarius, and in your first house, so this explains your self-consciousness. Ride this wave out for a couple of months. Right now, you're emotionally at the cusp of withdrawn Pisces and outgoing Aries, but you'll be more self-confident going into next year.

ps R4ven I really liked your post, I learned a lot about myself as well
astro_52gw_02_jennifer_2009109.53591.12970.jpg

Last edited by divine g; 10-09-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Unread 10-10-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine g View Post
ps R4ven I really liked your post, I learned a lot about myself as well
Thanks, divine, that is one of the benefits of this forum - in that a post directed at one person spills over into the lives of others.

I also found your post about melosine's progressed chart to be very comprehensive and positive.

- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM

Thanks for posting and helping me. Although it is a little discouraging to hear that I wont see a difference until my mid -30s , I guess its good to know that things would get a better overtime. I would like to know how long my self confidence would last when my moon is in Aries. Also, is my Mercury sign in the 4th or 3rd house? Im a little upset that I have all of the introspective signs in my chart. My progressive chart didnt really help either, but thank you.
To Divine g, yes I'm in college. My social anxiety is very obvious in class room presentations, I just hate it .

Last edited by melosine; 10-10-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 10-11-2009, 01:06 AM

ah, keep your head up. things can get better. have you gone to a doctor and talked to them about this? i was diagnosed with Social Anxiety, Avoidant Personality Disorder and Agoraphobia so I know first hand how debilitating these things can be. you just have to be able to accept yourself as you truly are and realize that it IS okay to be quiet and shy.

astrologically my 12th house is empty but i do have Saturn in the 7th which could explain things a bit. Squared by Mercury/Mars too
Unread 10-11-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosine View Post
Thanks for posting and helping me. Although it is a little discouraging to hear that I wont see a difference until my mid -30s , I guess its good to know that things would get a better overtime. I would like to know how long my self confidence would last when my moon is in Aries. Also, is my Mercury sign in the 4th or 3rd house? Im a little upset that I have all of the introspective signs in my chart. My progressive chart didnt really help either, but thank you.
To Divine g, yes I'm in college. My social anxiety is very obvious in class room presentations, I just hate it .
melosine, in relation to what you asked above about your Mercury, it is in the 4th house in Gemini, but also rules the 5th.

I am also sure that your way of handling your own personality will improve over time, as you learn to accept who you are, and to adapt to your unique skills and abilities. A classroom situation can be very painful for some people. It is easy for some personality types to shine in the classroom, but you are not an out-going and confident person - yet. To be honest, as a former educator, I think the classroom is a fake and forced circumstance, and is just a convenient way to gather people together and put them into the same space, like sardines in a can. It is actually not all that educationally sound, and many young people slip through the cracks and drop out in part because this kind of system does not suit their learning style......Rant over!!!

I looked at your 11th house of groups and social inclusion, and you have Jupiter in Gemini ruling the 11th. On the face of it, this looks like a good placement for social inclusion - very expansive - until you see that Jupiter forms the apex of a Yod formed by the sextile between Neptune and Pluto, both inconjunct your Jupiter in the 4th. This Yod kind of turns the spotlight upon your Jupiter placement, firstly by it being in the 4th house and conjunct Mercury (so by association, your Mercury placement is also significant) and secondly, and ultimately most importantly, by Jupiter's rulership of the 11th house. This means that your Yod is all about your 11th house issues, and as such, this is to be the focus of life-time learning.

Read as much as you can about Yods, beginning with these two threads, as they may help in your self-understanding:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=15271
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=19362

Also, I would suggest that you read as much as you can about your natal Jupiter placement, and the aspects it forms.

The more information you have, then the sooner you will be able to firstly accept your own personality, and work with it, rather than viewing it as something which requires change. Change is inevitable, and will occur, but in the meantime you perhaps need to be more informed about your chart, and the best person to do this is you.

- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 10-12-2009, 06:13 AM

Hello, How I sympathesise and understand you. I received the same comments and felt as you describe.

I have Pisces rising which is similar and strong Neptune. If you post your chart we can have a further look if you wish.

The 12th house is a house of retreat, neuroses and this stems from the past.
It is how we are when we are alone. It can be very spiritual and psychic also. It is the behind the scenes with charitable works and helping those less fortunate.

I have learned to be more out there and social otherwise I would have died of loneliness and called on my Leo Sun and my Libran Venus as I grew older. I still spend a lot of time alone and have never married for instance. But I enjoy it mostly. I have friends and interests.

All the best to you
Unread 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnotcool View Post
ah, keep your head up. things can get better. have you gone to a doctor and talked to them about this? i was diagnosed with Social Anxiety, Avoidant Personality Disorder and Agoraphobia so I know first hand how debilitating these things can be. you just have to be able to accept yourself as you truly are and realize that it IS okay to be quiet and shy.

astrologically my 12th house is empty but i do have Saturn in the 7th which could explain things a bit. Squared by Mercury/Mars too

Wow, I would have had no idea you had these issues.
I too have saturn in the 7th, but I dont know if it can make you feel so much anxiety in social situations? Maybe the 4th house?
Unread 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just a while ago, I learned that I have a very strong 12th house. I know its not the worst nor is it the best, but I just would like to know does it have to do with my social anxiety or its just my personality?
How you relate to others would be your 7th house ruled by cancer and moon placed in 6th house conj mars. This aspect (mars/moon) suggests a bossy intereferring mother
To research more about 12th house try here
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrol...s/house12.html
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrol...es/house6.html

Your Yods warrant further research to as Raven suggested.
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html

If you want to research further on chiron placements try here

Chiron thread
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9786
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11976

Further discussions on AW and links from this thread….
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165
http://www.moonsweb.com/ast/chiron.shtml
http://www.aquarianage.org/west/planets/ch-nat01.html
http://www.astrotherapy.eu/Chiron.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/chiron21.5.html
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/chiron.html

http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/chiron.html

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67
Unread 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

not sure if you know but we have a good search feature on AW, bit like google and I just found these threads for you.....

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ght=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=19876
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOOGY99
Smile Re: 12th house and social anxiety

found this post really interesting, i have had social phobias for many years, some years are better than others, but it has been a constant battle.

i have 3 planets in the 12 house, opp 2 planets in the 6th but i also have the moon conj mars in cancer inconjunct saturn

my progressed moon is in pisces at the moment, this is when it started again for me.

i wonder if the progressed moon is causing this extra sensitive period i find myself in at the moment.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...php?albumid=93

keep your chin up, it does pass!

Birth Chart http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3691
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsteph View Post
Wow, I would have had no idea you had these issues.
I too have saturn in the 7th, but I dont know if it can make you feel so much anxiety in social situations? Maybe the 4th house?
Yeah, I think I just don't generally like being around people very much because it makes me uncomfortable. The ruler of my 7th (Mars) IS in the 4th house though, with a 1 degree square from Saturn. Ruler of my 1st is in the 4th as well. Guess it could make sense now that you mention that.

Pisces Moon with Cancer on the 3rd house cusp could potentially lead to difficulty in social situations. I've never really looked into the reasons why astrologically to tell the truth.

I'm glad that Saturn in the 7th hasn't been very harmful for you. It seems people have a wide range of experiences. I know that placement is often seen is one of the more terrible but I don't see it that way really.
Unread 10-14-2009, 03:57 AM

Oh he has not been nice to me here!
Saturn has been awful...
I wont get into it, but yeah pretty hard placement!

Not to be rude but I always imagined you as this cocky, self-centered guy who thought he was very good looking....not at all what you described...
Sorry, first impressions are not the best...heck some think I am a guy...

I do think that the 12th can bring about a fear, fear of leaving the world to transcend to a higher place, or fear of leaving this higher place to join the world and its own set of problems and issues.

Neptunian beliefs...
My mother had these issues, she wanted to get away so she drank and did drugs, so she wouldnt have to deal with the world...to her demise she did this to herself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnotcool View Post

I'm glad that Saturn in the 7th hasn't been very harmful for you. It seems people have a wide range of experiences. I know that placement is often seen is one of the more terrible but I don't see it that way really.
Unread 10-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houses.htm#house12
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrol...s/house12.html

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houses.htm#house6
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrol...es/house6.html
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:42 AM

Thanks-
I think that put the 6th house into perspective when looking at social anxiety, connections between the 6th and the 12th...

7th house is great too, for me anyhow, because that plays into my issues with my fourth house.

Unread 10-15-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsteph View Post
Thanks-
I think that put the 6th house into perspective when looking at social anxiety, connections between the 6th and the 12th...

7th house is great too, for me anyhow, because that plays into my issues with my fourth house.
lol hmm. your theories are super interesting. lord of my 6th/12th are in the 4th. seems everything comes back to the 4th house. do you have issues with anxiety as well??

sorry if i came off as an arrogant person who was 'self centered, cocky and thought i was very good looking'. it's hard to reveal your true personality while on the internet. truth be told, i'm very people oriented, i've never approached another person (especially girl) and I frequently feel repulsive physically.
Unread 10-15-2009, 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=melosine;165070]I've been reading my natal chart for quite a while and when I had the time to check on the signs, I tried to interpret my personality and why I deal with my surroundings and certain situations. In my younger years, I was shy and quiet. I never noticed this until people pointed this out. It was like a slap in the face because I felt I was singled out and different. The way they made it sound was like I was abnormal. With this in mind, my experiences made me feel weird, different and very self conscious of my appearance, body language and in turn it just made the situation worse. For example,when I have class presentations or walking down the street, I get really nervous and my body goes stiff like crazy. Something in me wants to come out but it doesn't, like something is pulling me down or holding me back. I've always wanted to be the outgoing one but I couldn't fulfill my dreams of being outspoken and likable to others.

Just a while ago, I learned that I have a very strong 12th house. I know its not the worst nor is it the best, but I just would like to know does it have to do with my social anxiety or its just my personality? Where else can I ask these questions, Im just so lost with this 12th house. I know there is no way I can change this because this is what makes me, but at the same time I dislike myself for it. I know this post might be annoying but I just had to reveal some things about me. I've been holding it in for too long, but I still need some answers to why this is happening to me so often. Please give me some kind of insight on anxiety and 12th house

Wow, thank you for posting and let me just tell you I see this as brave and this goes to show that you are confident, although you just might not know it. I can totally identify with the feelings you have. Please realise you have alot of support in the world. & your post is not annoying. You say you dislike yourself-

As I read your writings I am totally identifing with you.
Yet our charts & lives are different I am sure. (As for insight into Anxiety & the 12th- I immediatly think of Saturn as an Anxiety & the 12th is isolative place.) I can go on about it....how its affected me-my chart etc.. but thats from my perspective and what I feel has really helped in my case is Astrology itself which leads to this self-acceptance. As yrs go by with a strong Saturn we are hard on ourselves yet, we age gracefully!!!
Thanks again for sharing. Please feel supported!

Julie
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro-Intuitive View Post

Capricorn is the personality that portends a cautious, reserved, quiet, withdrawn and sensible demeanor.

The location of Capricorn's rulers, Saturn and Uranus, are also in the sign, which amplify its characteristics. What you described as your inhibited sense of personal expression on one hand while your desire to break free on the other hand can be attributed to Saturn and Uranus. Here you have the first planet, Saturn, that adds caution with respect to the timing of the body's (or personality's) reactions, an introspective and indwelling type of individual, and a deliberateness in outward expression - as if to make certain every expression is surefooted (having a Taurus Sun sign, another introvert, doubles that trait, at a minimum). Then you have Uranus, which provides the urges to break free of the old, to orient yourself toward the new and exciting and to go beyond established limits - only to be slowed down through its deposit in Capricorn and conjunction to Saturn. Both planets are also conjunct Neptune (also in Capricorn).

As to what you attribute to social anxiety, I don't necessarily think that would be a condition attributed to the 12th house (or any house) per se, but through the aspects involved. I can tell you that one's outer reactions to social conditions would be an 11th house matter (which, in your chart, is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune) but so is one's personality. I can also tell you that anytime the Moon and Saturn are in conflict, doubts tend to arise. The Moon represents changes, revelations, social conditions, popularity, the public, the emotions, conscious memories, the subconscious mind and the psyche. Saturn represents time constraints, withholdings, experience, doubts, delays, step-by-step slow-paced processes and procedures, and respect for the tried and true. Mercury in adverse aspect could add nervousness. Mars in adverse aspect could add strife.

You have both Saturn and Uranus (and Neptune) in opposition to the Moon and Mars (both in the highly sensitive sign, Cancer). Uranus is contraparallel Mercury and Saturn is contraparallel Jupiter. The Uranus and Mercury contraparall can easily contribute to a highly sensitive and nervous temperament - as well as a keen sense of perception. These along with the Neptune influences can make you feel like human satellite or sponge that absorbs everything around you..

(Parallel and Contraparallels are declination aspects - planets that are aligned, North or South, of the Equator, as opposed to just those in longitude [which you can see in the chart]. These aspects add a whole wealth of additional information, occur more frequently than those in longitude, and are the strongest of all aspects - being equivalent to the conjunction in longitude. Look to your "Additional Tables in PDF Fomat on astro.com.)

The oppositions and contraparallel aspects are interpersonal in nature. They are neither good nor bad (one's choices made in reference to their urges or inclinations in dealing with others determine the true outcome). Rather, they represent CONDITIONS and influences whose connotations have an association between yourself and other people. They are not entirely personal in nature (parallel S) nor from purely external sources (parallel N) but are COOPERATIVE (S/N) influences.

Please keep in mind that while your your personality (and horoscope), without doubt, does play a significant role in who you are, you are not bound by it. I can tell you from personal experience that you CAN change. In fact, the various urges from astrological factors are the very impulses that prompt us into action - to change, to exercise will - in the first place. The key is to identify those that will empower and strengthen us to maximize our positives to minimize our negatives - and then apply abilities associated with same accordingly to enhance personal efficacy and self-worth. (love this!!!)

Best Regards,

A.T.
I quoted the above over because...
THAT WAS AN AWESOME REPLY!!! I agree, Great info &Thanks ......from a fellow Capricorn rising---

and again thank you Melosine for you courage to post such personal feelings.

Julie

Tags
12th, anxiety, house, social