Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 12-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned

Uranus aspects

These are interpretation of the challenging aspects to Uranus (author unknown). I think it is interesting the affect Uranus has on planets. It seems to act out in a revolutionary way. What's interesting is the word revolution comes from the latin word revolutio which means "turn around". But it seems in past history when there has been a revolution a need for change it has been through violent acts. How does this relate to the psychology of Uranus an Air planet which rules the 11th house. What is the purpose of having Uranus challenging your planet. In my case it is Mars which has to do with setting free my self/expression, (breaking out of jail, I am free woman lol). I am challenged in this area would you say if you bottle up this energy it comes out more violently in expression, I don't mean physically although this may be true for some in my case mentally as the 3rd/6th house are involved. How do others deal with Uranian energy.

Uranus/Sun: A desperate need to learn to powerfully express all of one's True Self. Self-suppression and settling for coziness in life will not work for very long.

Uranus/Moon: Usually a cold or broken home goes with this placement, and usually the person, as a child, learned to shut off their emotions. Learning how to feel one's feelings and/or be in the body becomes very important if the individual wants a meaningful, warm relationship.

Uranus/Mercury: The mind and nerves can be hyper, and stress periodically threatens a breakdown. There is a need to learn to be calm and relaxed.

Uranus/Venus: A fear of intimacy creates a pattern of short, or unstable, relationships. The person must learn to balance commitment and personal freedom in relationships and optimally find a way to do both at the same time.

Uranus/Mars: There is a very powerful energy and assertiveness present, but the person must learn self-control in relation to their anger and self-expression.

Uranus/Jupiter: Genius inventiveness is often present, but the luxury in one's life tends to change rapidly. One must learn to grow and enjoy things, and then let go and move on to something else. Change is a constant here--get used to it.

Uranus/Saturn: A general difficulty with Uranus is present. The person must learn not to restrict their freedom. But they must also integrate their freedom and unconventionality with the real world, and hopefully bridge the two. Ideal and reality, the walk and the talk, the rebel and the authority must be made one rather than different. Uranus's influence on Saturn creates constant pressure to evolve beyond one's Saturnian fears and insecurities.

Uranus/Chiron: Most people today have the two in opposition; younger generations do not. Indicates a need to grow rapidly beyond one's woundedness to bring forth one's unique talents and gifts for the healing of the planet.

Uranus/Neptune: Oscillation between independence/detachment/mind and co-dependence/addiction/emotion. Mind, emotion, and spirit must all co-exist peacefully. Self and Other must be balanced.

Uranus/Pluto: Dynamic pressure for the constant evolution of Self-expression from the depths of one's Being. Addictive tendencies and self-suppression (Pluto) are intensified and forced to be dealt with. Indicates ultimate power, if the person can evolve out of the lower self.

Unread 12-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Re: Uranus aspects

Hi Ray,

Was actually all set to put the lights out, but always get attracted by a question on Uranus - gets me all excited- as an Aquarian perhaps. Well, I understand the Uranian energy to be wild, volatile and free, so, if it is kept bottled-up (nightmare of Uranus/Aqua), it will bring about a sudden break/change in that status-quo to free itself on its own. The Uranus energy needs to move on and progress constantly; it is not submissive like Neptune- slowly dissolving, or like Pluto- gradually transforming, but rather shocking, unpredictable, electrifying and continuallly looking for change. I have Uranus in the third house, and I am mentally quite a restless person, it's like something keeps tickling me in my upper storey. If I have nothing better to do, then I even sit and read the dictionary; the main thing is that my mind is involved/sort of interacting and taking on something new. When I could not understand this 'crazy' energy earlier on in life and where to go with it, I would constantly get weird/mischievous ideas and/or get into verbal rows with others (as 3rd house involved). If a person with a Ura-Mars aspect does not make constant growth and movement (esp as Mars is involved) a habit to release and utilise this energy, then this high-voltage, extra-charged energy could result in accidents (physical, verbal, mental/nervous breakdown), thereby bringing about a (forced/unwanted)change from the outside (which is common with outer planets). So, good night now.

aquarius7000

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:03 AM

Hi Shining Ray

Nice little pieces of interpretation. They are so basic, but to the point too. I think that the Uranian energy is one that gets bored very easily, like Mercury and Geminis.

I have Uranus in an interesting place: Conjunct Mercury on one side and Jupiter on the other. 3rd house Uranus and Mercury are closely sextile Venus.

I have a need for new ideas and new thoughts. I get "stuck" in routine and I can´t do with it for too long. As in what you posted, the nerves get frazzled. I don´t think that mine are "hard aspects"- conjunction and sextile are not difficult. But I have had periods where I have let the mind stay on for too long and have had times when I gave myself migranes.

Here is my own little guide to it, off the cuff...

Uranus square Jupiter is excessive in some ways. They don´t care what society thinks, in fact go out of their way to shock. That is the over the top aspect.

Uranus opposite Mercury is the person that argues and will create crazy things to say which are insane in some ways. Those people can look really conservative and pretend to be and hold "normal ideas" but in fact they are total rebels.

Uranus opposite Moon indicates a person who is emotionally out of control, does everything on impulse. And does things badly or wrong against any advice simply because they are doing it their way and against everyone´s advice in full knowledge that it will turn out badly.

Uranus Conjunct Sun: These can be very interesting people, thay have a spark, they have a good understanding of how people work and the mechanics behind people. They are clever and want platonic friendship.
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:11 AM

I will throw my two cents in since this seems to be allowable I apologize not knowing enough about this but here goes...
Uranus is at 13 degrees conjoining mars and venus at 7 degrees in Leo in the 5th.

I am not sure how impacted as it is only directly aspected by mars/vneus. But other planets aspect mars/venus such as sun and moon semi square venus/mars/uranus and neptune sextile venus/mars/uranus. It might be a weak affect as they target mars/venus close by degree and uranus is like the tail end of the dog.

But venus/mars with uranus for me is a feeling of fated and immediate attractions, attractions to people who are eccentric, odd, scientific/musical etc and often times a stubborn pursuit. Mars connected to uranus gives a certain sporadic energy and volatility at times. I am sure there is more.
The descriptions of the connections of the sun and moon were quite close. Both of my parents were quite eccentric being involved in the arts and we were surrounded by artistic types.
We picked up and lived in Maine each summer from age 9 on with others in a group arts project....lots of wild stories but needless to say my upbringing was not quiet calm or uninteresting.
My father, during my teens, began drinking quite a bit thus a lot of tension in the family and emotional upsets. I tried to run away in my own way. Maybe I have been running ever since trying to find the normal.

Thus your description fits. Uranus to neptune...addition vs detachment....pretty much....I am not sure where to put people whom I love...
I guess the Uranus does fit...really...my childhood was so crazy and to me it was normal chaos.

Now a days...I feel this intermittent feeling that I am not doing what I should. Lately with Uranus hitting those planets again, I am so restless, dissatisfied with my life, trying to find the meaning of it all. Anyway....
interesting subject. Thanks for giving an open forum to these ideas as it give all of us an opportunity to see how it all figures in.....that is my perspective no matter what anyone else thinks.

Last edited by cassanra; 12-01-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Banned

Where did you find it? It's brilliant!:cheers:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
About having so much Uranus;
Aquarius Sun
I find the Aquarius Sun easy to deal with, i know Leo is the ruler of the sun but honestly i love being Aquarius sun.

I must admitt, that when i was younger, and sometimes now and in the future i sometimes "won't do it" just because someone said i have to.
Sometimes the best thing to do with Uranus influenced peaople is to tell them the opposite of what you want them to do.

Aquarius Moon
In a short explaination in a book i read the word Cold "Look after Capricorn/Aquarius Sun/Moon/Venus" . I have to admitt i just rolled my eyes. I think i'm very emotional and sometimes to much. However i heard someone who know me and agreed.

Aquarius Mercury /Mercury Parallel Uranus
Great for clever ideas. Quite stubborn? I think i was very stubborn when i was a kid but will do fine this life. I like to listen, but sometimes, have to admitt it, i like more when people just agree. Or wait that's not true. I like to argue? Wait, when they argue and have to agree after a while.
More nice word; Discussion.

Venus Conjunct/Parallel Uranus
I doubt i will ever marry.
In the future i can see myself with several people. I can't see myself cheat. I can see myself don't bother.

Mars Conjunct/Parallel Uranus
Creates more restless feelings. Not only a restless mind - A restless body.

Jupiter Trine Uranus
I don't really noticed that little guy here... It's just another Jupiter trine. Good i guess.

Aquarius Saturn / Capricorn Uranus
While i read about it i never felt it was a problem. For now, i'm sticking to it.

Neptune Conjunct / Parallel Uranus
Find myself drawn to the occult. It's a generation thing i know but for Pisces/Aquarius it should affect more?

Uranus Trine Mideaven and a tiny aspect to my ASC is just a cherry on the...top. (I should go to bed now)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing.... Night Sky had very right about the Mercury / Uranus thing.

I think the conjunction with Neptune - Uranus is the reason why more young people are more likely to have bipolar disorder.

I read that
Pisces/Neptune
Aquarius/Uranus
Gemini /Mercury (I guess we can count Virgo to)
Shoul be looked at while consider it.

/JJ

Last edited by Jenna Jupiter; 12-01-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sky

Uranus square Jupiter is excessive in some ways. They don´t care what society thinks, in fact go out of their way to shock. That is the over the top aspect.
True!!!
Uranus Trine Jupiter

Uranus opposite Mercury is the person that argues and will create crazy things to say which are insane in some ways. Those people can look really conservative and pretend to be and hold "normal ideas" but in fact they are total rebels.
True!!
Aquarius Mercury/Uranus Parallel Mercury

Uranus opposite Moon indicates a person who is emotionally out of control, does everything on impulse. And does things badly or wrong against any advice simply because they are doing it their way and against everyone´s advice in full knowledge that it will turn out badly.

True but not so extreme
Aquarius Moon

Uranus Conjunct Sun: These can be very interesting people, thay have a spark, they have a good understanding of how people work and the mechanics behind people. They are clever and want platonic friendship.
A little
Aquarius Sun
I did'nt read all this before but check out my post.
We even used the same word "argue" and even if you did'nt describe my aspects... This is just like me.

/JJ
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

Uranus/Sun: A desperate need to learn to powerfully express all of one's True Self. Self-suppression and settling for coziness in life will not work for very long.

Uranus/Moon
: Usually a cold or broken home goes with this placement, and usually the person, as a child, learned to shut off their emotions. Learning how to feel one's feelings and/or be in the body becomes very important if the individual wants a meaningful, warm relationship.

I find all these expressions way over the top. I'm aquarius rising, Uranus conj sun/moon midpoint and have sun/uranus square and moon/uranus square. So i'm pretty influenced by Uranus and its aspects......

Moon Uranus is not cold...... is does like to do unusual things to feed the emotional and intuitive nature (like studying astrology). Moon =mother, so yes break with mother early in life. But our suns signs are exactly quincunxed, so perhaps we werent meant to get along. My Moon in Aries saw her as self absorbed, definately flared up at provocation.... but i dont cos have stellium in placid taurus.

Sun/Uranus "desperate need" dont think so..... impatient yes, prob impatient with men little, but still want to do something unusual that involves my ego, pride. Very humanitarian though. My father was Sun/Uranus/mercury in pisces, rather eccentric, great mathamatician and enjoyed a stimulating debate and had great sense of humour (pisces) and if he didnt' get it would stir it..... so thats obviously where i get it from. Geneology is quite interesting

Uranus is also in my 7th house so yes, married 3times, 2x to last one, so yes have issues to non constraint within relationships. I never push things but when others do, I can react very quickly.....Especially if its to do with unfairness or injustice....

The sign of the inventor, underdog and can be provocative, but if someone wasnt then nothing would get challenged would it? Unless theories are tested, trains of thought are questioned then how do we know its correct?

Last edited by astrologer50; 12-01-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

Hi Aquarius,

I guess the whole don't confine Uranus's energy applies, I like the use of the word free as Uranus seems to have this affect, to free something in the personality. To give original creative expression. I am a lot like you with my Uranus if I have nothing to do mentally my energy feels bottled up and so will feel I have to read something pick up a book, or go on the computer. I find it difficult just watching television as more intellectual pursuits seem to be more exciting, intellectually stimulating. With verbal rows I have a few online, and yes it seems the rebel in me spills out sometimes very powerfully. Sometimes I don't challenge other people (fixes halo on head) and then suddenly a comment of mine will be singled out, and then this irritates me. Outside I very rarely explode although the neighbors kids in my last house got a taste of my Mars/Uranus just before I was moving house, these little brats were spraying their hose water all over my washing on the line. I heard water from outside and saw what they were doing and I blew my temper big time, I can't repeat what I said to them lol. Otherwise I am calm and relaxed . Your right the energy is high voltage.

Hi Night Sky,

Yes the interpretations are short but capture the energy of Uranus. I often think the Mercury/Uranus are the most highly strung. These Individuals can be very bright there ideas come off as very opinionated and cut through any bravado.

The singer Pink and Marilyn Manson have the Jupiter/Uranus aspect, Pinks chart is actually very Virgo, with Sun/Saturn. They both do not care what society thinks.

Your right on your Moon/Uranus description, I do find this is the more difficult combination as the Moon needs are quite different from Uranus.

Hi Cassanra

I am also attracted to the intellectual type of man who is kind of crazy but brilliant. Must be the Mars in Aquarius square Uranus. It seems you have had an interesting life, would you have liked your early life to have been more calm.

Hi Jenna,

I downloaded it a while ago not sure who by. I guess you won't be settling down soon with your Venus/Uranus but your love life will never be boring, although my sister has this aspect she has settled down but her first partner cheated and her second partner likes his freedom a lot.

Hi Astrologer 50,

I do believe that wherever Uranus is challenged in the chart you can't expect stability, you can live it progressively like through astrology. However, this study is still considered unusual today, and not accepted. Good job Uranus invented the internet for us like minded people to get together. I would say Sun/Uranus needs an outlet for it's powerful expression and self suppression is never a good thing for this aspect otherwise other parts of life can be disrupted. Uranus can be very humanitarian, rules higher mathematics, the larger cosmological knowledge. I agree if nothing is challenged how can we make new progress and change.
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, I hope not! My daughter has this aspect, and being hyper-conscious of it and my role as her mother, I have tried very hard to give her LOTS of love, encouragement and affection; and despite still being very young, she has an excellent head on her shoulders. She IS very emotional and quite dramatic (Leo moon ), and very independent for her age, but definitely, so far, inshallah, not out of control. She has other 'sobering' influences in her chart, and being a Libra she can't make up her mind whether to rebel, or not!

I have Uranus/Mercury square (Uranus 8th house in Libra/Mercury 12th in Capricorn) and it can be...ahem...problematic sometimes; especially since I think I'm being quite clear about what I'm saying, and people *still* misunderstand it and get bent out of shape. But this is a rebellious aspect, too, so compounded with a 3rd house Aries moon, I'm not really bothered with shocking or offending, and rather enjoy a good argument. I do try to keep a lid on it, but sometimes fail rather spectacularly.

AG
Unread 12-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Uranus/Moon: Usually a cold or broken home goes with this placement, and usually the person, as a child, learned to shut off their emotions. Learning how to feel one's feelings and/or be in the body becomes very important if the individual wants a meaningful, warm relationship.

My Uranus is 5d Libra, Moon 7 and this rings quite true for me ... I ended up staying with my dad when my mom (and 4 siblings) moved to another city a couple years after they first split (I was 12 at the time). Of course other things were at play (Neptune in the 4th alcholic father I thought would commit suicide if we all left him) ... I am a very emotional person so I don't think I necessarily shut off my emotions but maybe didn't express them - I have merc in taurus and often wonder if that makes me somewhat reserved (or used to; my progressed sun is in chatty gemini now) but the part about "be in the body" is sooo fitting ... for years I didn't even know I wasn't "here" and then when I finally learned to pay more attention, I realised that my feet were about where my neck is and I was always somewhere out there. The body is amazing though! and I am loving working on being in it (my venus in Taurus thanks me too

Unread 12-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Think mercury/uranus is prob the most provactive, but with all uranus aspects, you get "flashs" of inspirations, thoughts, emotions, that all come quickly and it all depends on whether you can harness, use and ground these to better and improve yourself.

If you can you truly are the inventor and can reinvent yourself, but if not it may well seem to others that we are a bit erratic, or unpredicable sometimes, not all the time cos thats too draining.

There can be literally flashes of genius from uranus, not to mention great with computers, electronics and alike. Its a shame we couldnt canvas opinions on IT people to see if Uranus is prominat, but i feel it would be.....
Unread 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nexus7

'Learning how to feel one's feelings and/or be in the body becomes very important if the individual wants a meaningful, warm relationship.'

I found that these things do matter a great deal. There is a branch of astrology I absolutely won't touch with a bargepole now, because it was telling me that all this ick about in touch with feelings etc was not evolved. I did not grow up in a broken home, but there seemed to be little meeting point or common ground with my family. However, there was a great love of SF stories, in books and TV, so there I can see that Uranus and Moon can live together. Funnily enough, I can remember reading a storybook when very small that featured flying saucers descending and taking someone away into Space. I was really afraid the flying saucers might one day come for me and take me away from everything I know, but if the plan was to show me something of The Final Frontier, there could be either a stowaway a taker there now.

Unread 12-02-2008, 02:22 AM

Shining Ray, in response to your question....."It seems you have had an interesting life, would you have liked your early life to have been more calm."
Sometimes yes...things got so crazy at times I think we were forgotten and had to be independent before we were ready, before we knew how. Thus, I feel like others have stuff down that I never had any guidance on, no structure....
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
Shining Ray, in response to your question....."It seems you have had an interesting life, would you have liked your early life to have been more calm."
Sometimes yes...things got so crazy at times I think we were forgotten and had to be independent before we were ready, before we knew how. Thus, I feel like others have stuff down that I never had any guidance on, no structure....

I can really relate to this, never quite thought of it like this but yet it resonates. Sun/uranus, moon/uranus square, we were left to find our own way very young and be independant, so much so that i walked out on my 16th birthday.......
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned

Hi Cassanra,

I guess you were in some ways forced to become emotionally independent at a young age, this is what makes me wonder about the nature of Uranus it brings these circumstances into our lives and what is the deeper purpose for it. Is it to have you develop independently without the "normal" family structure. I have read descriptions on this placement which says Moon Uranus can go through phases of needing and not needing, being wrapped up in your emotions and extremely sensitive, and then back to being independent again. Violent mood swings has often been linked to this combination. I have Moon trine Uranus I am comfortable on some levels with detachment and I always love moving house, I look forward to the new change, but I tend to alternate as I have Moon square Neptune so I look for an emotional connection and fusion and I can have a tidal wave of emotions. Yet other aspects of me can happily be emotionally detached in my own space. Uranus is definitely a planet I need to research on more to understand it's nature fully.
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

My new Uranus book has just come, it's by Jeff Green I will read it and any interesting insights I will share them on this thread. Can't wait to read it!
Unread 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Thanks Shining Ray...good thread...yes...Uranus is one that we can all identify with just due to its transits.
I was wondering since your Uranus placement is so harmonious do you experience the transits from Uranus in a positive light or have they been disruptive?I am terrified of them
Unread 12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

Smile Re: Uranus aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Ray
Hi Cassanra,

I guess you were in some ways forced to become emotionally independent at a young age, this is what makes me wonder about the nature of Uranus it brings these circumstances into our lives and what is the deeper purpose for it. Is it to have you develop independently without the "normal" family structure. I have read descriptions on this placement which says Moon Uranus can go through phases of needing and not needing, being wrapped up in your emotions and extremely sensitive, and then back to being independent again. Violent mood swings has often been linked to this combination. I have Moon trine Uranus I am comfortable on some levels with detachment and I always love moving house, I look forward to the new change, but I tend to alternate as I have Moon square Neptune so I look for an emotional connection and fusion and I can have a tidal wave of emotions. Yet other aspects of me can happily be emotionally detached in my own space. Uranus is definitely a planet I need to research on more to understand it's nature fully.
Definately dont agree with this hon.... if your talking moods it has to do with water signs, neptune and possibly Pluto, def not Uranus. Uranus if freedom, independance, sudden flashes, inspiration, ideas. Dont feel emotionally erratic as some may suggest...

Maybe if someone moon is in water and in water house this might suggest more mood swings,but seriously not convinced.....
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

The Moon is a water planet, which rules primarily the emotions, the ebb and flow of the tides, as we have already established Uranus is very erratic in movement. Sorry but will have to disagree with you Astrologer50.
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Moon is a water planet, which rules primarily the emotions, the ebb and flow of the tides, as we have already established Uranus is very erratic in movement. Sorry but will have to disagree with you Astrologer50.
of course the moon is water, dont know where my head was then. But still my emotional nature is def not erractic or moody, i'm prob the least moody person (honestly) youre ever likely to meet cos i only have 1planet in water, ie; Neptune....... so i must be the exception here then......

Uranus does me one big favour, close trine to MC... adore computers, technology

maybe 4earth (stable, laid back taurus) 4fire, 1water and 1air+asc/mars..... has something to do with it then

Last edited by astrologer50; 12-02-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin
Uranus is afflicted for me. I do have Uranus sextile Ascendant, but that is where the good stuff stops:

Moon square Uranus: (not cold, my mom was very nurturing and happy, I am very close to my mom, but I do tend to be reserved and self-controlled in my outlook...). I don't have any violent mood swings?? Just the idea of being out of control is very distasteful to me, so maybe something else is causing Moon/Uranus to act differently in me, I do have Uranus in 3rd so maybe I rationalize more then react..Moon in Gemini in 11th so another double dose of Uranus.

Sun square Uranus
Mercury square Uranus

Minor but orb is tight:
Uranus semisquare Venus
Saturn sesqui-quadrate Uranus
Again, i think this all just highlights that you simply cannot take just Uranus aspects out of context without looking at the whole chart, houses and other contributing factors.... very interesting thread though..
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

Well to be fair again you have posted a lot of parental readings which without looking at the whole chart can be taking bits of information out of context, but this is necessary to learn astrology. We can't post full analysis of every Moon type because it is not possible, there are so many variations.
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

I won't talk any further on Moon/Uranus since you are all so emotionally serene no problems at all. I wish I was so calm and tranquil but alas Uranus does affect my chart.
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well to be fair again you have posted a lot of parental readings which without looking at the whole chart can be taking bits of information out of context, but this is necessary to learn astrology. We can't post full analysis of every Moon type because it is not possible, there are so many variations.
Funny I thought that thread was Parental influences, suggestions and to be fair i did say i wasnt the author. It was meant Only a starting point, cos it wasnt practicable to attempt the aspects from these planets..... was it?

many variations...........isnt that the beauty of Astrology? and here where we can all learn from each other?

Although I can see the majority do have uncontroled emotional outbursts, maybe some learnt this from mom? cos again moon=mom

Hey, i get fired up when i see injustice, unfairness and will always fight the cause for underdog, BUT want the freedom to do it My way

Going back to parental influences, I feel that my taurean planets in 4th best describe my mom, poss bit more than moon...

Last edited by astrologer50; 12-03-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Uranus(and consequently Aquarius) is definitely one of the most eccentric influences in natal chart. I've learned it mainly from my brother who has Sun Moon conjunction in Aquarius, with Uranus squaring them. He's the one always going and doing things opposite to everyone else, and not because of some silly ego trips, but because he genuinely likes to experiment and explores, and always has these unconventional views. they call him weird, yet at the same time, he's the most rational and very normal person at core. He just likes doing new things, to him that's the spice of life, he often gets bored with everyday stuff. Normal and balanced life, routine - he can't take it. All to him is about progress, moving forward, exploring lifes possibilities.

No wonder Lord Byron was an Aquarius, he suffered from 'spleen' - term of romanticism, meaning oversaturated with life. He felt inclined to wander, to fight war that wasn't his, many things just to feel alive -I feel this is Uranus influence

I have Moon in Aquarius in sextile with Uranus, this one of the most conflicting things in my chart, being a Libra/Cancer I'm all about affection and other people, and when the Moon in Aqua hits, it seems like I am working against my basic nature - shutting off from those I need the most(thanks to EJ for this realization )
I also have Uranus trine MC, being a visual artist I am quite progressive in my ideas, detached perhaps but also been called futuristic, other-worldy... This again surprises lots of people, my works being rather explosive, experimental, daring, while I am pretty conventional and what you call normal.
Work comes in bursts of energy to me, since Uranus in conjoined with Mars in 5th. Gives me great creativity and I consider Uranus to be a savior in my chart, it is the only energy that helps me breathe at those times I really need to.

Tags
aspects, uranus