help with vocations/life purpose

freebird9

Hi there,

I hope someone could help me with looking at vocations/life purpose in my natal chart. I have a basic knowledge of planets, aspects and house placements..

Last edited:

waybread

The MC indicates your vocation in life, but it may not be your job. It is more about what you are known for.

Uranus is the modern ruler. Conjunct the moon, your sense of life purpose will often change. It won't be the same your whole life. But in the 6th house, you might think of the principle of service to others. If your service relates to their health and well-being, so much the better.

Otherwise, think of activities that are distinctively Uranian. Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology, science, things futuristic or electrical, aviation. You are probably a good critical thinker.

With your sun conjunct Neptune, it may always be hard to keep a consistent sense of self. That's OK, too.

Life is about creating yourself.

freebird9

Thank you for your reply :smile:

What you say is true...

I do feel that I am in a bad position with my chart, moon conjunct uranus and sun conjunct neptune make for a rather erratic liife in and out :( at times it suites me and other times causes real distress. I also don't think being a gem rising, cap sun and sag moon helps matters!!! Do you think jupiter in scorpio has any influence on vocation?

My 6th has uranus, moon and jupiter..i have thought about training for social work?? due to experience in similar roles over the years ie support work, homeless, mental health etc

I enjoy crafts/art too, have thought about seling online as uranus indicates tech..online business.. but see no signs of ability in my chart though!! Its odd that I have many pisces type interests and traits about me but no pisces in my chart, in fact hardly any water, maybe its the conjunction? But i doubt that has any real effect.

Thanks and sorry for my rambling.

Last edited:

freebird9

Thank you for your reply plus I like the passion flowers!

Yes it is the same here in the UK, tbh i feel its a straw clutch..whether my passion is strong enough for that commitment is debatable. I don't doubt my humanitarian nature and empathy for people but i suppose the reality of these professions sometimes doesn't match the idealist vision I unfortunately fall into. As stated I have worked in similar sectors already..all be it lesser unqualified roles -support.

I have hoped that astrology could shed some light on things..possible areas to have a look at. I enjoy my sculpting and have considered online selling and teaching people-ie adult classes..

In a pickle

waybread

Can you say what has been your education and work experience to date? Sometimes it's easier to make a slight shift in a field where you have some credentials than it is to start completely from scratch in a new area. Then if you are working now, is the problem with the general field, or with your specific employer?

Passiflora makes some good points about social work. It does seem consistent with your ruler of the MC in the 6th house, however.

One thing to think about is how much money you can make from a sculptor career. Can you count on selling a few expensive pieces every year? How much could you earn from teaching? Or would this work best as a supplementary source of income?

How do you feel about art therapy for seniors?

freebird9

Well I do not have any higher education mostly i am self taught or learnt via experience. Currently I am working as a gardener, which to a degree i do enjoy, the freedom and being outdoors. I came away from the social/health sector but in a way feel that is where I should be in some capacity..

Sculpting is something that I have looked at as maybe a side line, not a full time income as I don't think it would generate enough..maybe combine it with my gardening..do multiple jobs??

I am sorry for sounding contradictory, there are a number of things I've looked at but I am reluctant to make a move, my gardening is really just sustaining me whilist I consider options. I hadn't thought of art therapy for seniors but i am sure that would require a degree.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Gemini asc, analytical but confused at decision making;

Mer asc+5th lord for luck over cap 8th, health issues, skin etc;
scholarly aptitudes but bad financials;

Sun-mer-ketu separative SNode cap,
accounting n auditing, incisive editorial aptitude, exploratory work/archeology etc
pain-injury-surgery abdominals-urological-skin-piles-knees etc;
mars elevated aspect cap 8th, protective;

Sat-ketu now transit sun-mer-ketu;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers at the alter at home;
wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

Sun-mer n rahu NNode opp, rise-fall in life,
prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-moon evenings,
observe death anniveraries religiously,
wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

Venus acq 9th for artistic aptitudes, dance etc,
seeking splendor in life; reformist; teacher;
venus lord 5th for luck over 9th for luck-edu-travels-tourism;

wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant touching heart;
Saturnine Acq 9th settling/rising/taking off late at age 36+

9th lord sat elevated libra 5th for luck etc with mars,
entreprenerial-technical-mech aptitudes; law-justice;
sat 5th negating employment; stress-struggle;
mars aspect own aries 11th, supportive of income-gains
but not good for health of friendships;

Jup lord 11th over scorpio 6th for research-occult, extra efforts towards income;
forensic chemistry aptitudes; may be forensic lawyer/advisor; investigative work;
jup trine own pisces 11th supportive of income-gains-friendships;
trine elevatd aspect over cancer 2nd,
supportive of family-finances-speech-education;
prayers for saint of faith, offer yellow flowers tues evenings;

Moon lord 2nd for family-finances over sag 6th, need for extra efforts;
aptitude for law-justice-medicine, diplomatic aptitudes;
moon sag optimistic, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;

Jup now transit moon sag these days,
sooner moving to debilated in capricorn next joining sat-ketu;

Rahu NNode now transit natal rahu sensitive cancer 2nd,
foreign languages n finances;

promptly n do share salient speicific feedbacks,
how true-untrue-insightful-helpful,

traits-talents-life trends-health-ideas-remedies;
hope information enables reflections to integrate n share here in self-discovery!

wishing well, challenging transits,

kshantaram

Last edited:

freebird9

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Some made sense and some i didn't really make heads or tails of tbh. I take it this is in vedic?. mechanics/technical dislike..law/forensics sounds interesting but intails huge amounts of training, maybe to late in life to pursue, accounting type work would bore me to an early grave..dislike office work.

Just thought astrology would give me some insights to re enforce my decisions for my work life-purpose to life- i have also asked about chiron and balsamic moon phase in another thread to see if that has any bearing on vocation-direction to go in, everyone has been very kind with their feedback though.

Last edited:

waybread

Freebird, we can give you suggestions based on your horoscope but consider that if there were any easy options that would work perfectly for you, you would probably have considered them by now. Your life has gone in a certain direction so you would probably prefer to build on that vs. starting out with something completely different that would require years of education, and/or not be that renumerative.

Unfortunately your chart is missing from your OP by now. Normally it doesn't work to link it directly from Astrodienst. From a cell phone, try a service like imgur.com . If you have a computer, save your chart, then upload it as a clickable thumbnail by following the prompts at the end of your next message.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Some made sense and some i didn't really make heads or tails of tbh. I take it this is in vedic?. mechanics/technical dislike..law/forensics sounds interesting but intails huge amounts of training, maybe to late in life to pursue, accounting type work would bore me to an early grave..dislike office work.

Just thought astrology would give me some insights to re enforce my decisions for my work life-purpose to life- i have also asked about chiron and balsamic moon phase in another thread to see if that has any bearing on vocation-direction to go in, everyone has been very kind with their feedback though.

Appreciate sharing your thoughts on the reading.

The idea is not to take things literally but explore similar extended ideas
n tune with your traits-talents-ideas and situation and plans, step by step, preparing for the same on a ladder.

While examine and understand the astrological karmic blocks or limitations and remedies to try.

Rahu-ketu are not vedic, they are the North-South Nodes as already clarified.

It is all about signs and planets and houses and aspects and tropical transits as per the western placidus chart provided,
and their meanings to my best, for information and consideration for thought and appropriate action in exploratory process.

Wishing you well, kshantaram

Last edited: