Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 09-26-2008, 07:07 AM
4leafclovah

Chiron: wounded healer or just plain wounding??

I have been coping with a few chiron related situations lately and have been trying to learn from all of this, but sometimes I am skeptical and wonder if there's any point to the pain that comes with it all and if there is really anything valuable that comes from feeling so ******. I just had several planets oppose chiron and now have Mercury rx going back over the same spot..not to mention I will be having an upcoming full moon conjuncting Chiron. Any comments on how you deal with this ?

Unread 09-26-2008, 07:23 AM

Re: Chiron: wounded healer or just plain wounding??

Chiron, the wounded warrior. I had him on my ASC Leo and Black Moon Lilith was conjunct Chiron in Aquarius. Major ouch obviously. There's pain that comes from Chiron depending on the aspects. But if you can overcome it, you become a much brighter man/woman.

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Unread 09-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leafclovah
I have been coping with a few chiron related situations lately and have been trying to learn from all of this, but sometimes I am skeptical and wonder if there's any point to the pain that comes with it all and if there is really anything valuable that comes from feeling so ******. I just had several planets oppose chiron and now have Mercury rx going back over the same spot..not to mention I will be having an upcoming full moon conjuncting Chiron. Any comments on how you deal with this ?
I suspect a full understanding the Chiron wound may provide a shortcut to freeing ourselves from the karma in our natal chart. So, maybe the pain of the transits reflects the importance/value of the astrological message.

(See also http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=9786 )

EJ
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:01 AM

I have chiron at 18 pisces so had a few oppositions and also the conjunction of uranus. Chiron is also square my sun. So had my fair share of pain. When I did not address the wound I had pain, just did not know where it came from and supressed and denyied all I could.

Now I face it, and work through it with all the tricks in my bag I can manage. The best one of the moment and maybe all time. Dont judge just observe and acknowledge its presence then breathe love and acceptance into it, real deep breathing, and it starts to feel better. Just keep moving it along. But love myself in the process and keep it real and kept it gentle. Take time off walk in nature do yoga, eat well. generally look after myself. And that is so much easier to do when you are working through your stuff.

Having said that it is a choice, and everyone does as they feel it is important to them.

A resonant flea

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 09-26-2008, 05:29 PM

Ah!I like the way you put it.

Wounded healer,I have to say.The pain and distress it brings you enlightens you,even if it doesn't help you make the changes in your life you should better do-it gives you a different kind of sensitivity to other peoples' problems.Even when you don't have the strenght to make the changes...you have the awareness.

When you don't have the awareness...you live it all again.Until you learn.And the learning process is what hurts A WHOLE LOT.

Bad new is:they say life is a neverending learning process.
Good new is:Chiron shows you a way to a better life,where you can feel better about yourself and help others feel better about themselves too.A little bit like Uranus,it shakes things up...just in a different way.Everytime Chiron hits a sensitive point in your chart,it's likely that you'll learn something very important about yourself.You may even project your problems onto others and try to heal them instead of healing yourself...I guess that's why they call Chiron the wounded healer.It knows so much about it's own wound,from living it in such a deep way,it's capable of using that knowledge to help others.

To finish...I have Chiron in Cancer sitting on my South Node,7th house,square Venus,making a water grand trine with Pluto and my Pisces Sun.I'm17year old and feel I've had enough heartaches for a whole lifetime...lol.Sadly,I feel I have many many more ahead of me...Yet,I am very good at reading into people and others always look up to me for advice.
Unread 09-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
...I have Chiron in Cancer sitting on my South Node,7th house,square Venus,making a water grand trine with Pluto and my Pisces Sun...
For information Lissa, "Chiron" by Martin Lass says about this :-

Chiron in Cancer = deep feelings of being unlovable/inadequately nurtured.

Conjunct SN = possibly stemming from a past life/indicating a mission to heal in this one.

Square Venus and in 7th = wound hinders intimacy/openness in personal relationships

Trine Sun = wound (and it's healing) is expressed openly/publicly

Trine Pluto = gifts personal healing/evolution of consciousness

Water Trine = a talent for empathising with others.

So, as you rightly say, Chiron's pain offers enlightenment. But, only if we choose to embrace it consciously.

EJ
Unread 09-28-2008, 09:22 PM

EJ,thank you so much for the info!It's incredible how I can relate to all that.Lately I got together with a guy who finds me the joy and light of his eyes,yet I always take every little slip like a proof of lack of afection;I have always been that way,even with my friends.Time and my many heartaches have taught me I need t control my insecurities though,and I think I got a little bit better at it.Thank God!
Unread 09-28-2008, 10:08 PM

I had Chiron conjunct my Mercury/Venus conjunction last year, and at the time it was painful. But looking back, I remember it being a really invigorating time, en-livening. As long as I kept aware of what was happening around me, and watched my reactions to the events I felt that I learned a huge amount about myself. The only time things got really painful was when I reacted with my ego, instead of keeping slightly detatched from the situations and looking at the whole situation for what it was.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 12-14-2008, 05:26 PM

My chiron is in gemini and and it squares my mars and I dont know if it makes another T-square with my uranus/mercury. My chiron points to a past sibling bully who I had to deal with and now it means I have to get over feeling of vicomization. Have a look at my chart and tell me what you think?

Last edited by JayM; 05-17-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Unread 12-15-2008, 06:34 AM

Lissa, you certainly have been born with a handful - a water trine is enough on its own, but to have Chiron in the mix makes this doubly so.
My own astrological writer of choice is Barbara Hand-Clow, and she has a few things to say about some of what you have:
eg. * with Chiron in Cancer you may have issues around feeling safe on the planet - which you may quite easily project on to your closest relationships, since they probably have the greatest power to hurt you.
* the Trine itself suggests that you have a powerful sense of Destiny, like you already know you have been born for some kind of specific purpose (this is not something I wish to put on you, but something I'm sure you are already aware of) The worst thing you can do with this (and this can be quite common in those who have this placement) is to sabotage it, considering yourself too unworthy of such a task.

Now by `task', this could be something quite simple - it doesn't have to involve any kind of fame or notoriety.

Also with Chiron on the south node I gather that you have used healing abilities - perhaps through simple compassion and validating others - in previous incarnations. As you grow older all will become clearer I hope.
Unread 12-15-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM
My chiron is in gemini and and it squares my mars and I dont know if it makes another T-square with my uranus/mercury. My chiron points to a past sibling bully who I had to deal with and now it means I have to get over feeling of vicomization. Have a look at my chart and tell me what you think?
Again I'll use Barbara Hand-Clow as my source, since her work so resonates for me.

Just the Chiron placement in Gemini in the 3rd is significant, since it suggests that your own experiences in childhood can lead you to being an effective teacher of children - it can be swimming or horse-riding or jazz dancing, and doesn't need to be like school. This placement of Gemini suggests a natural resonance with small children. The Chiron in Gemini generation are leading the rest of us through the communication revolution, because someone has to do it!! Who ever heard of breaking up by text message until you guys came along?
The Chiron-Mars square is a big one, but to simplify, you have a task in your life to access your Mars energy, and so early in your life this energy may be blocked for you. You have Mars in Pisces, which is a tough place to have Mars, cos Mars energy tends to be sluggish and sometimes frustrated when in Pisces. Difficulties with other males (I'm assuming you're a guy) are there for you to work through until your learn how to use your Mars energy in a balanced way. You may have issues around your masculinity which can take a while to sort through.

The only other planetary aspect to your Chiron is an inconjunct with Pluto, and that's a bit more complicated, perhaps too much so for this post.
Your Mercury is at 19 deg, and your Uranus at 15 deg.

R :sunny:
Unread 12-15-2008, 06:57 AM

Yes it can feel all too much with Chiron sometimes. Forget about the healing bit; thats further down the track. It seems dealing with one day at a time is enough by anyones standards. Keep talking about the aspects and experiences is good.

kingsley
Unread 12-15-2008, 09:12 AM

I have Chiron in my 1th in Aries, trines Sun, trines Jupiter, trines Neptune and trines MC... squares Venus...what to say...And with Uranus that squares Venus, Sun in Sagittarius in conj. with MC (my targets and goals...) maybe I have hurt other people... what to say...
Wish love and calmness for all...

Last edited by natasa812; 12-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Unread 12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
....The Chiron-Mars square is a big one, but to simplify, you have a task in your life to access your Mars energy, and so early in your life this energy may be blocked for you. You have Mars in Pisces, which is a tough place to have Mars, cos Mars energy tends to be sluggish and sometimes frustrated when in Pisces....
Good one R4VEN - On another thread, Jay was given an explanation about the interception of this Mars in Pisces which accords exactly with what you've come up with here.

So, this appears to be a particularly important chart message for Jay - as it is being delivered through more than one astrological factor.

EJ
Unread 12-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Yes EJ this is true, also if you all could look at my response and add your input to what freedomlover said and my response to what he/she said in my thread about my intercepted mars in pisces that would be appreciated. The thread is in natal astrology in the bottom sup-category about the houses.

Also I have the degrees fot the other asteroids in my chart if you all want to see.

Pallas Athene 13deg pisces 1st house (conj mars square merc, uranus)

Black moon Lilith 13 deg aires 2nd house (square my sun and jupitor)

Ceres 11deg taurus 2nd house (squares AC sextiles mars trines sun)

Fortune 27 deg Gemini right in the middle of 4th and 5th house(not sure which house)

Juno 11deg libra 8th house (opposes lilith squares sun)

Vesta 24 deg libra 8th house (squares jupitor)

Last edited by JayM; 05-17-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Unread 12-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasa812
I have Chiron in my 1th in Aries, trines Sun, trines Jupiter, trines Neptune and trines MC... squares Venus...what to say...And with Uranus that squares Venus, Sun in Sagittarius in conj. with MC (my targets and goals...) maybe I have hurt other people... what to say...
Wish love and calmness for all...
Chiron in Aries/11th suggests a lack of confidence in groups/social situations.
The trines indicate a willingness to confront/overcome the Chiron issues.
The lack of confidence causes relationship problems (Chiron/Venus square)
Uranus square Venus attracts unusual people.
Sagittarius Sun on MC points to your career success as an interpreter.

After overcoming your subconscious Chiron fear (by reviewing through adult eyes those childhood events which caused it), you will become an inspiration to others.

EJ
Unread 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM
Yes EJ this is true.....my chart if you all want to see.
In relation to this thread, the Chiron/Pluto/Neptune configuration is also worth looking at. Although the Chiron/Neptune orb is technically too wide for this to be a Yod, the retrograde motion of Chiron suggests it will operate that way through progression (so, I'd consider it to be one for chart interpretation purposes).

So, a combination of intuition and advice from others can produce great self-awareness and understanding of your Chiron wound - enabling you to become something of an Authority upon the latter.

Way to go Jay!

EJ
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:52 AM
OrcinusOrca

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
Just the Chiron placement in Gemini in the 3rd is significant, since it suggests that your own experiences in childhood can lead you to being an effective teacher of children - it can be swimming or horse-riding or jazz dancing, and doesn't need to be like school. This placement of Gemini suggests a natural resonance with small children. The Chiron in Gemini generation are leading the rest of us through the communication revolution, because someone has to do it!! Who ever heard of breaking up by text message until you guys came along?
Thank you so much. That's particularly significant to me. I have Chiron in Gemini and I have always been good with young kids, it comes naturally to me. A lot of people have told me that I'm a great teacher and that I should teach or become some kind of teacher. Although I've always hated teaching and prefer not to do it.
Unread 12-27-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcinusOrca
Thank you so much. That's particularly significant to me. I have Chiron in Gemini and I have always been good with young kids, it comes naturally to me. A lot of people have told me that I'm a great teacher and that I should teach or become some kind of teacher. Although I've always hated teaching and prefer not to do it.
Embodied within your natal Chiron placement will always be some kind of fear or reluctance. This is the nature of Chiron. The last generation born with Chiron in Gemini (`83-`88) are so reluctant to communicate directly that you as a generation prefer indirect means, which technology provides in abundance!! However, those with Chiron in Gemini are also very tuned in to the mass consciousness, and so you can possess a sense of `what's the point?' making you reluctant to take up on your naturally-occurring gifts.

Perhaps your own personal gift is one which puts you in contact with young kids, perhaps as a leader and mentor, rather than as a teacher.
I suspect you have some kind of (as yet unrecognised) gift in relation to children who themselves have difficulty in communicating - eg. as in deaf kids, or autistic kids.

Just follow your intuition.

:sunny:
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53

After overcoming your subconscious Chiron fear (by reviewing through adult eyes those childhood events which caused it), you will become an inspiration to others.

EJ
Dear EJ, first to tank you and to admit that your memory is much better than mine. Second, to write twice a similar post, it must be my Mercury retro in natal... , third, to answer about my intercepted houses - ALL OF THEM exept the 5th one which is in canser. I have difficult aspects in my natal, searching the best way to aply and to use in positive way what is given to me by birth.
Thank you again
Natasa
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:04 AM

My Chiron is in the MC in Gemini.It's in trine with the Sun,square the Ascendant,Mars and Venus in the 12th house and opposite my Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in the 4th.If you want to listen about pain in life,both physical and emotional,ask me!I wonder if anything good can come out of these natal aspects,and what do they mean?
Unread 06-05-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_spirit
My Chiron is in the MC in Gemini.It's in trine with the Sun,square the Ascendant,Mars and Venus in the 12th house and opposite my Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in the 4th.If you want to listen about pain in life,both physical and emotional,ask me!I wonder if anything good can come out of these natal aspects,and what do they mean?
Lost Spirit, can you post your chart? I would be interested in seeing it. A verbal description just doesn't do it for me.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM

Sure!I did not include Chiron aspects in the chart but you can see its position.

Last edited by Lost_spirit; 05-27-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Lost Spirit, as I see your chart (and thanks for posting it) the most significant Chiron placement is that your Chiron in Gemini is intercepted in Gemini in the 10th house. This is something of a doozy!! Added to that situation is that your Moon's North Node also is intercepted in the 10th. I'll try to explain without confusing myself:

An intercepted sign - in your case, the Gemini-Sagittarius polarity - is a sign of a task which must be completed in this lifetime (and I'm assuming a belief in reincarnation here also, otherwise an explanation of this gets a bit weird.) The presence of Chiron and the Moon's NN here is a bit of a give-away. This means you must do this, and you will do this. The several aspects to your Chiron are just `helpers', to ensure that you pay attention to this, and do not fritter this away again (since you possibly/probably have in some past existence) The Gemini-Sag polarity describes the teacher/student, or the bigger picture/smaller picture, but in your case I feel that you have been given an opportunity this time to complete some kind of learning which you frittered away in earlier times. Think of this as being like having to return to college to complete your degree or diploma so that you can then be qualified to teach, or to conduct further research in the subject of your choice.

You talk of this Chiron placement being painful. Right on, that is what it feels like when you block what it is trying to get you to do. Firstly, that Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in intercepted Sag in the 4th should lead you to studying or pursuing ideas around spirituality, religion and/or philosphy which can widen your perspective about why you are here. If we use your Chiron placement as a `normal' planet, it forms a T-square with Jupiter-Uranus and that Mars-Asc conjunction. It seems to me that the way to best express your Chiron (because accessing it is going to be difficult if you approach it directly, as most people are able to do) is to work on what is meant by that Mars-Asc conjunction in Virgo.

Put simply (and I'm trying to be brief, but it's just that the interception makes everything so hard to access) you have a natural flair for helping/healing/supporting others, but which requires you to stand alone and strong in order to express this ability. Chiron in the 10th takes years to access even under ideal circumstances, but what it means is that your very presence is healing for others, and others may seek out your advice, even when you have no idea as to why. Your biggest struggle may be in simply discovering why you are here, and how best you can fit in to the wider scheme of things. You may have a struggle about gender identity - this has also been brought with you from other times, and part of your `struggle' generally may be to do with just relaxing into the gender you have been born with.

When you feel hurt or wounded I suspect that you react by isolating yourself as a form of protection - this is a reaction of those with Chiron in the 10th house. Whilst this may feel safe to you, nothing progresses while you remain isolated.

There's so much more, but I don't want to jump too far ahead, as that is a bit pointless. It is more useful to try to identify your primary struggles.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53

EJ
Hi EJ,

Your thoughts on Chiron are always interesting, but I was just wondering why you view the trines as a willingness to confront and overcome Chiron issues. It's just that I find with the trine aspect it tends to carry the energy easily. I recently came across the chart of a murderer, who had Sun in Pisces trine Chiron in Scorpio, he was abused as a child. Chiron in Scorpio can suggest some type of sexual wounding or betrayal, power struggles etc. I don't think he made any attempt at all to heal his wounds and just accepted it, he carried the 'poison' and feelings of rage and alienation, and inflicted pain upon others.

I personally believe the hard aspects achieve the most growth as the 'wound' needs to find an outlet because of the challenging nature of the conjunction, square and opposition. The hard aspects seek understanding, and climb out of self-pity and find compassion for people, even if our pain is not alleviated, we find solace in developing knowledge or skills to heal others. There are other cases were the compassion of Sun-Chiron is more evident - Diana Princess of Wales had a grand water trine with Sun-Chiron-Neptune, (Sun in Cancer trine Chiron in Pisces). Diana wounded in her feelings of helplessness over collective suffering and her own personal disillusionment - sought to heal others by investing a lot of her life helping the needy, sick, poor and underprivileged (Pisces).

However, on a personal level I am not sure she really healed, she carried her 'wound' and emotional rage. Chiron was caught up in that grand water trine which can indicate healing talents and emotional gifts, and she did indeed benefit others because of her compassion and willingness to be of help to people who were suffering around the world, no matter what their class, religion or race was. I am just not sure if she benefited on the personal level, as she suffered a lot of emotional pain in her personal life, which was never 'healed'. I have read that for Chiron in Pisces personal pain is healed by a stronger sense of identity and to recognize each individual's freedom of choice.

Diana did have compassion and sympathy and healed the wounded, even though she suffered from painful feelings of disillusionment and a loss of faith in life, which is characteristically 'Chiron', it's just that she did feel a lot of self-pity at times, which is characteristic of the element of water when wounded, but she carried it for a long time. Perhaps she tried to alleviate or escape her own emotional suffering by helping others. Often through witnessing the extent of suffering in the world, this can help us step outside our pain and inspire us to help rather than wallow in self-misery or it could even compound our wounding, it's a debatable subject depending on the strength of the individual in question.

I understand there is never a clear cut answer in astrology, as there are so many other things that need to be considered in a chart reading. In 'general' the hard aspects for me seem more willing to confront Chiron issues, and personal pain. The title of this thread is "Wounded Healer or just Plain Wounding", but perhaps in some cases it is both as in Diana's, and in the psychopaths case it is just plain wounding, with no compassion or feeling towards other people's pain.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this . How do hard vs soft aspects differ when concerning Chiron?

Last edited by Shining Ray; 06-05-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Tags
chiron, healer, plain, wounded, wounding