Is mars stationary the same as mars retrograde ?

Chrysalis

Im asking, as ive initiated contact with someone new today, mars is stationary (i think) or is it just slow at present ?

As i initiated the contact today, and with mars going retrograde in 4 days time, does this period still mean the same as mars being retrograde ?

From what ive read about mars retrograde, its not a good time to start new things as they fizzle out, but mars is not actually retrograde yet, so im unsure of its effects.

IleneK

Premium Member
Is mars actually stationary at present or just slow ?

Mars is going to be stationary retrograde.

Mars stations [or slows] toward its retrograde [or visually still moment] on the 26th at 21:04 Greenwich Mean Time. If you are on daylight saving time in the UK, it will likely be 22:04, around 9 or 10 pm.

You can get this info at
http://www.khaldea.com/kc2018/kc2018est.html
I can help you sort through it, if it is the first time you are seeing the info arrayed like this.

Regarding Mars stationing or slowing to stop in the heavens, at that time it is accumulating great power. So I would look for a very strong Martian influence to color the meeting, from a transit viewpoint.

It seems like what you are describing about not starting new things as they may fizzle out sounds more like Mercury in its retrograde period.

If you are planning to start something now, there is great power behind it. After Mars turns retrograde on the 26th, it will still move very slowly and possess greater power that it then releases slowly through the retrograde period, as it prepares to station or slow to perceived direct or forward motion.

Chrysalis

Mars stations [or slows] toward its retrograde [or visually still moment] on the 26th at 21:04 Greenwich Mean Time. If you are on daylight saving time in the UK, it will likely be 22:04, around 9 or 10 pm.

You can get this info at
http://www.khaldea.com/kc2018/kc2018est.html
I can help you sort through it, if it is the first time you are seeing the info arrayed like this.

Regarding Mars stationing or slowing to stop in the heavens, at that time it is accumulating great power. So I would look for a very strong Martian influence to color the meeting, from a transit viewpoint.

It seems like what you are describing about not starting new things as they may fizzle out sounds more like Mercury in its retrograde period.

If you are planning to start something now, there is great power behind it. After Mars turns retrograde on the 26th, it will still move very slowly and possess greater power that it then releases slowly through the retrograde period, as it prepares to station or slow to perceived direct or forward motion.

Well i did an event chart from the time i passed on my number to him, and its turned out as L1 venus/L7 mars, which is why im querying this mars position were in at present.

The mars has given me great power in doing this, i can't even believe ive actually done it, but with the retrograde approaching, thats why i was saying it may not withstand and just diminish the more mars goes retrograde.

The event charts got a lot of aspects being made though, and the moons still waxing, so im guessing theres still more to come.

sea_of_qi

Well i did an event chart from the time i passed on my number to him, and its turned out as L1 venus/L7 mars, which is why im querying this mars position were in at present.

The mars has given me great power in doing this, i can't even believe ive actually done it, but with the retrograde approaching, thats why i was saying it may not withstand and just diminish the more mars goes retrograde.

The event charts got a lot of aspects being made though, and the moons still waxing, so im guessing theres still more to come.

It might be more important what Mars signifies in his chart or yours. If Mars is either a Ruler of the 7th or in the 7th in either natal chart then you may well find the retrograde period quite significant. I have experienced a relationship ignite during the retrograde phase and then abruptly stop shortly after Mars began forward motion again. I should add that the relation ended during a Mercury retrograde, so maybe Mars is not completely to blame. Look at what Mars rules in your chart to what areas of life will be most affected by the retrograde period. Mars rules my 7th YEAH!

Chrysalis

It might be more important what Mars signifies in his chart or yours. If Mars is either a Ruler of the 7th or in the 7th in either natal chart then you may well find the retrograde period quite significant. I have experienced a relationship ignite during the retrograde phase and then abruptly stop shortly after Mars began forward motion again. I should add that the relation ended during a Mercury retrograde, so maybe Mars is not completely to blame. Look at what Mars rules in your chart to what areas of life will be most affected by the retrograde period. Mars rules my 7th YEAH!

Yes good point.

Mars is in my 1st and doesn't make no major aspects. Mars rules 3rd and 10th in my chart. Most of my progressed planets (moon/mars/venus) are in scorpio though, so...not sure if this counts. And actually planet mars is in my 9th house, and he is a foreign guy.

Ive not even got to getting his birth details as of yet, but believe me IF he does eventually call me, i WILL be in a roundabout way asking for them.