Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 10-26-2017, 10:09 PM

Re: Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There was a suggestion by c.t. that Dionysus be considered as a counterpart of Venus. I'm going to switch to "component", in place of counterpart. So anyway, it felt right, but I wanted to research whether any such connection has been made by others. A psychological website urges men to get in touch with their "inner Dionysus", while for women, it's about their "inner Aphrodite". Aphrodite actually did have a brief fling with Dionysus in the Ancient Greek literature. In both cases it's about erotic love. And, there's the son of the Roman goddess Venus, Eros, as well. But the influence of the PLANET Venus has that dual nature, morning-star and evening-star, which brings in the component of the Logos, and is extremely concerned with Truth and Justice. The Goddess of Justice holds the Libran balance scale, and the sword (connected in Tarot as I learned about it to Air-signs). So, it would appear that the Planet Venus is a rather complex ruler, as is the Planet Mars. They've been oversimplified [IMO].
This has enormous impact. Very direct... "psychic" responses of happiness at this connection.
Your next comment is also a lightning bolt.
I always figured Inanna for Taurean, but she didn't seem all to happy with that.
Maat has been a powerful influence for som time but I had to let her go as I didn't not understand her ground. So now I do.

That card represents the path that connects Tipharet (Beauty): the Sun/King/Child/Christ center, to Geburah (Fortitude): the Mars center.

Happy New Year!

Unread 10-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Ive been frustrated about not finding true connection to the symbolic world of Aquarius, my Sun sign. It is one of the poorest in attributions, always super-annoying, meaningless trifle, "eccentric", "fashionable" "independent" "intellectual" - is about the gist of it. Terrible trifling nonsense. There has to be more substance to my own sign, for me to relate to it.

I had a breakthrough now though. I realized that Aquarius is of course the Eagle.

In the myth of Aquarius, Zeus turns into an Eagle to abduct Ganymede. So people have coupled Ganymede with Aquarius, which is again utter nonsense. There is zero meaning to that. AQUARIUS is indicated by ZEUS the EAGLE, you fools.

All Air signs are poor in what they've been given as symbols. A Scales?? Really?? But Libra is thus Inanna, Maat, the majestic Queen - Aquarius is Zeus the Skygod as the Eagle.

Now Im going to think about beautiful Gemini.
Its loathsome what is being said about Gemini. So feeble. Its clear that we are coming from an age that absolutely abhors the Air element.

In general it is bizarre that no Air sign is being associated with Air-animals, birds. Very stupid. Now that I realize how absurd this all is everything comes together, by utter inability to relate to the Air signs in the terms we've been given, whereas I can relate to each and every other sign perfectly well, even Virgo where I have neither planets nor house cusps. Virgo is very rich in symbolism. Perhaps the richest.

Gemini Libra and Aquarius are all unintelligible through their attributions. I can tel you, because I have a grand trine Sun Moon Pluto in Aquarius-Gemini-Libra, so I should be able to relate, and throughout my career I havent for the life of me been able to see any substantial meaning in the symbolic attributions to any of the air signs. Not have I ever read of a person with an Air sign Sun that they understood themselves in these terms. Never, not once.

So this is done for. Jupiter-Scorpio is first of all so utterly generous as to bring up the Eagle, traditionally a secondary symbol of Scorpio, as the primary symbol of my own sign. And of course this is honours the Eagle -- what is that animal doing as a secondary symbol? The ancients were simply wrong here. There is little Eagle-like to Scorpio. Scorpio does not hover above things. Yes, it does have a doubtless and unwavering eye on the prey. But so do all Fixed Signs when they discern what they want.

In any case, all signs deserve animal symbolism. Having specific humans rather than whole animal species, as a symbol is just extraordinarily poorly.
How can one single human symbolize half a billion people living under each sign now?
Humans are not as a rule higher than other animals. In many ways they are lower. In many of the best of ways, they are equal, and very happy as such.

In these times, humanity will spend some centuries getting on par with animals. Thats all that can be accomplished now.
The vey lowest, worst, scummy humans on the planet are those that seek to colonize other planets after we've destroyed the Earth. Obviously all of us must go down with the Earth, it is not about us, it is about the Earth and all the animals and plans on it that we are given to enjoy and live among. We derive our joy from her. All those other-world-lings like that poor Stephen Hawkings are absolute moral degenerates.

Back to Aquarius.
If we look at US presidents; Lincoln, FDR and Reagan, we see Aquarius is the most broad- and far-sighted sign, and possibly the most cold-blooded in war. Thats no water-bearer, no cup-bearer slave-boy, you ancient fools.

The Age of Aquarius arrives under the EAGLE.

Ride my Wings
As I let you
Before I dive
Close your eyes now little one
this is Aquarius
I will pour you forth and drink you up
but I don't care.

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-27-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Unread 10-27-2017, 02:37 PM

HA!

Gemini is CROW and RAVEN.

Birds of Odin
Trickster-God
Associated by the Romans with Mercury
God of Bad Weather
Temperament
Dangerous Games
Home in the Borderland, No Mans Land.
Law unto themselves -- or each-other -- no one knows.

"All weathers are wild, do you know what this means?"
Wind God, Crow God
GEMINI

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-27-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Unread 10-27-2017, 02:50 PM

Crows are delightfully arrogant. Especially vs humans. They are all too aware that we lack wings and telepathic normalcy, they know the ties that bind us, the ropes and chains that define us. So they grin their crooked grins and lure us into the woods, that we may smell freedom and begin to dream of it. It is beyond the crows knowledge or care what we will arrive at. They just like to spur us on into the unknown, away from our... "cup-bearers"... our pathetic cultures, our tables with food that goes to waste.....

The Eagle knows no arrogance. He wouldn't see anyone to look down on. Too far below to discern as entity.

Eagle has equals (friends, offspring) and then he has all that.... stuff below.
Unread 10-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Next bird to discern: LIBRA.

World-Libra-Leaders:
Putin
Khomeini
Berlusconi
Thatcher
Netanyahu....

And Nietzsche was a Libra.

Evidently, Libra has Eagle-like qualities as well.
But perhaps.... the Owl?
Given that justice is blind and for this the Judge must be able to discern in the dark.... Putin and Khomeini both are leaders that came up in the deep of night of their country, the precipice of destruction. Netanyahu is very much a night-bird as well, a hunter in the dark. Berlusconi similarly. He was eaten by the Coyote hrc...

Thatcher brought on the Night for England.
Libras often herald the night, how fitting for the Guardian of the Fall Equinox.
Unread 10-27-2017, 05:28 PM

The Owl for Libra is tentative. The Crow/Raven for Gemini is a happy match. The Eagle for Aquarius is definitive, Fixed.

The Eagle, hanging seemingly motionless in the sky - this is the symbol of Fixed Air.

Now then there is consecrated a bond between Aquarius and Scorpio, through the mighty Eagle.
Possibly, the human race was not ready for such a bold association.
But now that Ive tasted it, I am never going back to that barren world of the "cup-bearer".

Aquarians: you can drop your cup from the very heights where you live, far too high to even hear it smash to pieces. Yours is not the duty to carry a vessel. The OPEN SKY is the vessel which carries you, who are its will.

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-27-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Unread 10-27-2017, 08:52 PM

Sagittarius now can be seen to radiate into Capricorn and Aquarius -
David I totally agree with the trident approach. Capricorn is in a sense the center of what happens through Sagittarius, and Aquarius its frontier. The unboundedness of Pisces is the center of the Aquarian will-span and the total freedom of action of Aries its own frontier. And the complexities of Gemini form the frontier to Aries' single mind as for Pisces the bountiful truth of Taurus is the end to its imaginings, where the forward-will of Aries is its actual substance. Pisces' that I know are tough, and very prone to rumble. They have to be to go with the flow.... as any sailor will tell you.
Unread 10-27-2017, 09:29 PM

Smile Re: Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

I'm more attuned to Neptune than most Astrologers appear to be. Very easy to track Neptunian eras. When Neptune neared the end of its Transit through Scorpio, we got the "Soaring Sixties" epithet, referring to "The Eagle has landed" from the Apollo(!) Mission, at the same time THE song was playing, and the Age of Aquarius had become a cornerstone of the counterculture.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
sadge (10-29-2017)
Unread 10-28-2017, 07:32 AM

In the rulership groupings, Aquarius and Scorpio are "Companion-signs". The Water Bearer image does apply in one instance, [IMO]: Aquarius is "In Service", voluntarily, to the Moon and the Sign for which the Moon is Native-ruler ().
Unread 10-28-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I'm more attuned to Neptune than most Astrologers appear to be. Very easy to track Neptunian eras. When Neptune neared the end of its Transit through Scorpio, we got the "Soaring Sixties" epithet, referring to "The Eagle has landed" from the Apollo(!) Mission, at the same time THE song was playing, and the Age of Aquarius had become a cornerstone of the counterculture.
Yes, within two days of Neptune moving into Aquarius, my cousin committed suicide. Very clearly related, he couldn't take that hard air diamond all-truth that has no water or Earth-safety but only madness. Madness struck the planet with N in A.
I now see it moved into Pisces April 2011 - that immediately led to an enormous surge in my artistic and philosophic power, and within two months I had developed my philosophy of value, but right that very moment I booked a flight to LA, to heal myself through... dreaming.

This is a video I edited with the footage I came back with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvjzY2fhnk
Im pretty sure a Neptune lover will enjoy this.
Unread 10-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
In the rulership groupings, Aquarius and Scorpio are "Companion-signs". The Water Bearer image does apply in one instance, [IMO]: Aquarius is "In Service", voluntarily, to the Moon and the Sign for which the Moon is Native-ruler ().
Yes. Aquarius serves as Water-Bearer, to to speak in philosophic terms, overflowing spirit, in pouring forth a the accumulated riches of the Zodiac. Pisces and Cancer would be natural recipients, as they are such pleasure and happiness loving signs, and are very good at receiving.

Pisces is the descent back into egoism, it takes the fruits of all the labor of the signs and seeks to enjoy it both privately and selflessly - but as wel know the Piscean selflessness is simply a completely exhaustive self-enjoyment. It imagines itself the blessing of everyones life. Pisces can be the most annoyingly irresponsible and profiteering people, when they have some hard aspects to that sign. Cancers can be the most overly sensitive hypocrites. But also these signs can provide the very sweetest and radiant gratitude. Aquarius is a both stoic and exuberant masculine soul before these that not always ungrudgingly pours forth what it has - sometimes it does begrudge Pisces ease in enjoyment of the honey in the human swamp, its talent for drawing out the good from the dank, ...

But back - Aquarius as Wolf, as calculating yet instinctive (moon) winter-group animal very much indicates an Aquarian allegiance to Cancer.

Aquarius - Wolf
Cancer - Moon
this is a nice pair.
Unread 10-29-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun? View Post
HA!

Gemini is CROW and RAVEN.

Birds of Odin
Trickster-God
Associated by the Romans with Mercury
God of Bad Weather
Temperament
Dangerous Games
Home in the Borderland, No Mans Land.
Law unto themselves -- or each-other -- no one knows.

"All weathers are wild, do you know what this means?"
Wind God, Crow God
GEMINI
From my point of view the raven gravitates more towards scorpio because of its alchemical and magical attributes.

Y
Unread 10-29-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
There was a suggestion by c.t. that Dionysus be considered as a counterpart of Venus. I'm going to switch to "component", in place of counterpart. So anyway, it felt right, but I wanted to research whether any such connection has been made by others. A psychological website urges men to get in touch with their "inner Dionysus", while for women, it's about their "inner Aphrodite". Aphrodite actually did have a brief fling with Dionysus in the Ancient Greek literature. In both cases it's about erotic love. And, there's the son of the Roman goddess Venus, Eros, as well. But the influence of the PLANET Venus has that dual nature, morning-star and evening-star, which brings in the component of the Logos, and is extremely concerned with Truth and Justice. The Goddess of Justice holds the Libran balance scale, and the sword (connected in Tarot as I learned about it to Air-signs). So, it would appear that the Planet Venus is a rather complex ruler, as is the Planet Mars. They've been oversimplified [IMO].

This is only my opinion, but based on my experiences, I prefer Psyche and Eros as counterparts to Venus and Mars. I’ve found the symbolism of the myth behind Psyche and Eros to be very true when those two energies meet one another in real life as they represent a very finite point in the whole spectrum of desire. Psyche represents the human soul. It was through Psyche that Eros realized a higher potential for his erotic energy. Venus and mars can have quite a bit of fun down at the tavern, but when Psyche and Eros meet, a completely different storyline unfolds because that’s when a finite point in the human soul meets the point of absolute erotic desire on a divine level. This concept seems like a component of venus and mars.

In our previous discussion on how the gods come out in aspects, not in planets, your description of Persephone as the goddess for moon/pluto was a great example. I loved this because it symbolized the depth that is traveled in a feminine, lunar, transformative way. Dionysus, on the other hand, symbolizes more than venus to me. He symbolized more than mars and eros too. But perhaps this is because I've read different versions of his myth. When I think of Dionysus, I think of Neptune. Dionysus understood pleasure and desire, just like Venus and Mars, but he took it to another level, one that inspired the people around him to want more than the seduction of Venus or the desire of Mars. He caused people to want more out of their philosophy, more out of their art, and more out of their lives. That takes us into Neptune’s territory, the area in our cosmos that we can’t see every day but we all know is out there. In the back of his mind, Dionysus was always trying to get there.

Venus definitely embodies love and pleasure. It always stays close to the sun, so it’s the next brightest light in our sky, after the sun and the moon. But that also makes it one of three planets that can cast our shadows on earth. People can’t see their own shadows when they are busy looking right at these sources of light. Some stories say that Dionysus even confronted Eros, poking at his innately narcissistic views on life. Dionysus already knew that he was beautiful and he didn’t seek such adoration from any of the camps, mortal or immortal. Among the wells of sensation and inspiration where he would dive, he was looking for something else. Dionysus was trying to find home. Dionysus was inspirational across many different civilizations, religions, and cultures because everyone is trying to find "home," in some way, in some area of their lives. Where one finds it isn’t so much the point but the fact that everyone knows this home exists, somewhere, and they spend a good part of their lives looking for it. That’s why I see Dionysus as representing way more than a function of venus. Dionysus was aiming for the stuff that rests beyond the gates of Saturn.

Last edited by sadge; 11-07-2017 at 02:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadge For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-29-2017)
Unread 10-29-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
From my point of view the raven gravitates more towards scorpio because of its alchemical and magical attributes.

Y
Certainly the 8th house is relevant to Raven. But I would note that Gemini is a magical sign too - the first of mind, the playful aspect of it, and it has communications as its central theme where the Raven in lore is always given the messenger-task. And in real life too. Just now a raven flew across the sky to sit on the tall dead Ash in the forest I see from my window, and as soon as he lands, two others fly out mechanically as special forces to some crucial hub of communications elsewhere.

It doesn't seem like Raven ever needs much at all. This is Gemini-like, the aloofness.
Scorpio and Gemini related in a strange way, of causing unpredictable results.
Unread 10-29-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadge View Post
What do you guys think in terms of Uranus having rulership over Aquarius? Your honest opinion. I see it, as long as saturn is attached. Especially if you think about it as a secondary level (or higher purpose) of the sun (polarity point of Leo).

Same with the exaltation point in Scorpio. I can see how Uranus would have the exact opposite purpose of the moon, where it's exaltation point is in Taurus.

But it's all open for debate, and will probably be increasingly so as we move toward incorporating new findings into the field. Another point of debate right now is where to place Chiron. Astrologers who specialize in Chiron believe it should be with Virgo, Sagittarius, or both.
In the patterns I keep saying I'm going to explain, Saturn isn't a member of the Aquarian rulership group. But Aquarius is definitely a target for Saturn's wrath, because it just naturally breaks Saturn's rules. Can't help it.
sadge (10-30-2017)
Unread 10-30-2017, 01:53 AM

Quote:
In the patterns I keep saying I'm going to explain, Saturn isn't a member of the Aquarian rulership group. But Aquarius is definitely a target for Saturn's wrath, because it just naturally breaks Saturn's rules. Can't help it.
Well maybe that's just it. Maybe some of my confusion stems from the different ways that i see Aquarian energy expressed. The few life-timers I have in my life are so incredibly beautiful, including a few of my most favorite historical figures -- the spirit of humanitarianism is a part of their blood, without having to harden into ice. But some others I've met just can't let go of their saturn, ever. They see humanity through a lens of saturn. It produces a different kind of sun energy.

The sun wants to warm you. It's okay to let it do that and let saturn take it's seat in the back, where it belongs. Maybe that's part of the journey for some Aquarians.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadge For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-30-2017)
Unread 10-30-2017, 09:04 AM

When I read Davids negation of Saturn as having anything to do with Aquarius a light went on. Saturn seemed relieved, and Capricorn acquired a lot of lustre it didn't previously have to me. It became cool. Which it is known for. I suddenly understand Capricorn by withdrawing the association of Saturn from my sun sign.

I also think I can place whats the matter with these Aquarians you know Sadge, that don't seem to let go - last year I became aware of the enormous sway Pluto holds wit Aquarius. If I remember correctly David ascribes an Aquarian role to Pluto as well - I see it as a sign of brute might and deep control issues, that aren't however about responsibility, as Saturn is, but about pure will to power in an inhuman sense - not so much cruel, as just beyond individual concerns.

Aquarius cant be a healthy egoist, because his ego expands and expands until it consumes the entire cosmos, and he will still not enjoy it - as one must be able to lift a chalice to drink from it. Aquarius needs to be fulfilled in some Grand Scheme, he needs to impact and to leave the world transformed.

When Pluto is going to enter Aquarius, "politics will have a different meaning".
All spiritual-political plans taken to task before that time may yield very nice fruit. We should pursue any such plans that seem natural to us now.

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-30-2017 at 09:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksun? For This Useful Post:
Unread 10-30-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
On the other hand, the eagle archetype for Aquarius and Scorpio does a good job of drawing a better link to modern claims that places Uranus with Aquarius, yet exalts it in Scorpio. If the eagle is fixed in the air and motionless for Aquarius, as you say, then it definitely gets more room to dive toward its vision, and work its wings, when it can swoop into the underworld and back as it can in Scorpio.
Nice. Im happy this comes across as sensible.
The association is very powerful. The Aquarius loves to hover in the cold sky and let go a terrifying scream that isn't even sounding organic, and sends the earthlings scurrying and scattering.
Unread 10-30-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I concur. Aquarius does love to serve, but only if it is Her,
Isis, the Great Goddess, as Aquarius knows that all is for love in the end.
He knows power so well that he has no illusions about its ends.

Life is good. Not just for humans.

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-30-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Unread 10-30-2017, 10:03 AM

"Breaking new ground isn't done with a feather."

Haha no it ain't.
There is an ominousness to Aquarius.
Both he fall of nazism through Communism and the fall of Communism through the United States happened under Aquarius. Aquarius knows how to topple things.
Many regimes claim the Eagle, but few carry its mark - not being toppled.
There is an Eagle-like continuum between Italium and Maryland.

Last edited by blacksun?; 10-30-2017 at 10:05 AM.
sadge (10-30-2017)
Unread 10-30-2017, 11:02 AM

The basic idea of the "Age Effect" is, that the Earth empowers each Sign and its rulership on a cyclical basis. There's an overlap of one Sign, and the current overlap is Capricorn "Foreground", and Sagittarius "Background". As the Aquarian Age takes over the Foreground position, Sagittarius will pass the torch to Aquarius, and Capricorn will become Background. So, the Earthly Authority of Aquarius and its rulership is slowly but steadily increasing and will be in the driver's seat, now occupied by Capricorn and its rulership. Saturn doesn't want to turn over the keys to Ouranos/Urania, but the Earth won't be denied. Tropically, the pattern involves Modality: The Cardinal-sign Ages culminate at the end, having had to overcome resistance from the Background Age, which is of the previous Seasonal quadrant. By the end of the Cardinal-sign Age (meaning Foreground), the new Season is established, the new Seasonal innovations are in place, and the Fixed-sign Age can get off to a nearly immediate start. Pluto's the Regulator for the Aquarian Age, and will deal with Saturnian resistance, as needed. Also, the red-Planet is currently under Saturn's influence, making it about male dominance and warfare, and it's time for Pluto/Persephone to restore Demeter as the red-Planet's dominant characteristic. As for Saturn, a Saturn of gold will gradually replace the current Saturn of lead, thanks to the Age-enhanced, alchemic-vibratory effect of Mercury, Motivator for the Age of Aquarius.
sadge (10-30-2017)
Unread 10-30-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Also, the red-Planet is currently under Saturn's influence, making it about male dominance and warfare, and it's time for Pluto/Persephone to restore Demeter as the red-Planet's dominant characteristic. As for Saturn, a Saturn of gold will gradually replace the current Saturn of lead, thanks to the Age-enhanced, alchemic-vibratory effect of Mercury, Motivator for the Age of Aquarius.
Why Persephone?
Unread 10-30-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Why Persephone?
When Pluto absconded with Persephone, her mother, Demeter, was emotionally devastated. Demeter's job was to start the Spring cycle, and make the Earth fertile again, after Winter ended. She refused to do that without her daughter, who was the light of her life. As Pluto's wife, now Queen of the Underworld, she's the feminine component of Scorpio's Native-rulership. And, because this Sign and ruler are "in service" to the first Sign of Spring and its Native-rulership, with Demeter as the feminine component, the solution was for the feminine component of Scorpio's Native-rulership, Persephone, to join her mother during the Spring and Summer.
sadge (10-30-2017)
Unread 10-30-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The dues have been paid so the eagles may take flight again.
Thats incredible.
You know how to phrase things.

Am reminded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7VUKUTFTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA

I found this, a symbol, Eagle versus Goat:
https://youtu.be/H3fLpHEHFEU?t=2m14s
Unread 10-30-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
When Pluto absconded with Persephone, her mother, Demeter, was emotionally devastated. Demeter's job was to start the Spring cycle, and make the Earth fertile again, after Winter ended. She refused to do that without her daughter, who was the light of her life. As Pluto's wife, now Queen of the Underworld, she's the feminine component of Scorpio's Native-rulership. And, because this Sign and ruler are "in service" to the first Sign of Spring and its Native-rulership, with Demeter as the feminine component, the solution was for the feminine component of Scorpio's Native-rulership, Persephone, to join her mother during the Spring and Summer.
If Aquarius is in service to Cancer, and Scorpio to Aries, does this mean that the service pattern relates to the inconjunction angle?

Ive found that inconjunctions are remarkably fertile.

Tags
approaching, calendar, charting, jupiterclock, jupitertime, scorpioyear