Will Querant bag Big Game Animal in hunt in 2013?

I've done a lot of Hunting Electional charts that have been very successful in the past but I've never interpreted a hunting horary yet was asked this mourning::biggrin:

Will I bag the Big Game Animal this year?

5:22 A.M. . . . Univ. Time 12:22 . . . Sid. Time 6:35:13

10 / 24 / 2013

Carson City, Nevada . . .USA . . .119w46 . . .39n10

If one Does Not enlarge the horoscope nor re-calculate another horoscope from this page it tends to stay indefinitely, and one can get the Additional Tables(PDF) showing needed data, or go to the ephemeris page via this website:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=3eqfileBHv6L7-u1382661050&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=2&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=25&smon=10&syr=2013&hsy=5&zod=&orbp=&rs=2&ls=1&add=18&add=19&node=-Yn&fix=1&ast=

I realize there may be some Virgo or Sagittarian type Vegans out there whom are opposed to hunting, yet Lilly did note hunting horaries as in CA::sad::whistling::wink::cool:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

Lilly, William Christian Astrology, vols: I, II & III 1659 PDF format Astrologia Medieval

****Lilly, William Christian Astrology, vols I & II 1647 Word document Mithras93****

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html

CAII pp. 586-587

CHAP. LIII.

Of Hunting.

[Sith the Ancients have taken notice of such trifles, I must consent.]
You shall know the Lord of hunting by the ascendant, the Moon, and from the Lord of the terme of the degree of the Moon and from the Lord of the hour; for the Lord of the hour is of great force and strength, when he is in the ascendant, and the ascendant a signe of four footed beasts: in case of hunting see if the ascendant be a signe of four footed beasts, or an earthly signe, for these are good for hunting amongst mountaines, and hils; see the Lord of the ascendant, and the Lord of the hour, if they be fortunate or infortunate; and if either do behold other, or separate one from another, and if one be falling from another, note this. Consider after if the 7th be a signe of four footed beasts, and if you do finde in the same the Lord thereof, or the Lord of the hour; or the Lord of the angle fortunate, judge that the beast you seek for shall be found and taken. But if the Lord of the 7th be an Infortune, and the Moon infortunate, the good planets falling after her, after much search something shall be found, and little shall be taken, and that with wearinesse of the body; which shall be the truer, if the Lord of the ascendant be Saturn, and in the 7th or in any of the angles of the Lord of the 7th, and she be fortunate, say that he shall speed in his Hunting.

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp?selectedDate=23%2F10%2F13

Moon 05:03 06:09

http://www.astrology.com.tr/planetary-hours.asp

23. 05:05 06:10 Moon

The lord of the Hour, Luna, is in her dignity, yet Venus, lord of the asc has No Aspects!

As I understand No Aspects mean No Action.

Well according to Lilly the asc is Not a four footed sign; however Libra being an air sign may be significant as the hunt is in the mountains. And the hour ruler being the Moon is in triplicity to Mars(rules sco), as Cancer ruler by the Moon is a triplicity of Mars if we use Sco since sco is the sign ruled by mars in the nocturnal; when the query was actually asked at 5:22 A.M. before sunrise.

Yet for Big Game animals, Virgo on the 12H, Mercury being Rx and soon to cjt Saturn, and Mars lord of the quarry, as Mars is sextiled by the Moon, this is puzzling!

My thinking is as the 7th is the quarry, and the 12th is large animals there needs to be confirmation in both houses; they should support each other.

I'm thinking under the present Merc Rx, that since Leo is on the 11th, hopes and wishes, a beastial sign, and sextiling Mars(L. of the 7th) that the hunter will bag his Big Game animal.:unsure:

Seeing how Mercury is Rx, lord of the 12H, large animals, in the hunter's 2nd, I'm thinking the quarry will end up in the hunter's possession. And the quarry's death is the horary's 2nd, the turned 8th, ruled by sco and mars with Sol sitting on the turned 8H, and Mars being stalked or taken by the Moon our querant.:cool:

I'm puzzled by the non-aspected lord of the asc, Venus, yet many things confirm a successful hunt as Luna is almost partile to the sextile with Mars the quarry!:unsure:

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men know truly how little they know

Last edited:
DO NOT enlarge or re-calculate another horoscope fromthis webpage or the horoscope disappears:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...p=&rs=2&ls=1&add=18&add=19&node=-Yn&fix=1&ast

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

Lilly, WilliamChristian Astrology, vols I & II 1647
word.gif
Mithras93

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Astrology--Volume 2--Word 2000[/FONT]

Pages 371-372 in CAII:

CHAP. LIII.

Of Hunting.

[Sith the Ancients have taken notice of such trifles, I must consent.]
You shall know the Lord of hunting by the ascendant, the Moon, and from the Lord of the terme of the degree of the Moon and from the Lord of the hour; for the Lord of the hour is of great force and strength, when he is in the ascendant, and the ascendant a signe of four footed beasts: in case of hunting see if the ascendant be a signe of four footed beasts, or an earthly signe, for these are good for hunting amongst mountaines, and hils; see the Lord of the ascendant, and the Lord of the hour, if they be fortunate or infortunate; and if either do behold other, or separate one from another, and if one be falling from another, note this. Consider after if the 7th be a signe of four footed beasts, and if you do finde in the same the Lord thereof, or the Lord of the hour; or the Lord of the angle fortunate, judge that the beast you seek for shall be found and taken. But if the Lord of the 7th be an Infortune, and the Moon infortunate, the good planets falling after her, after much search something shall be found, and little shall be taken, and that with wearinesse of the body; which shall be the truer, if the Lord of the ascendant be Saturn, and in the 7th or in any of the angles of the Lord of the 7th, and she be fortunate, say that he shall speed in his Hunting.

As Mercury and Mars(lord of 7th) are in Mutual Reception I see the Peregrine ruler is abated. And the Peregrine ruler of the 7th does describe the nature of the animal being hunted!

Anyone have any experience on hunting horaries that they would like to share?

Last edited:

TamaraL

This is your horary chart,i just saved the picture & upload it where it says "go advanced", then "manage attachments",

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Clinton, I briefly glanced at the Lilly quotes, but I'll confess that I haven't the proper time at the moment to read all the relevant passages in CA, digest and understand them, and then attempt to judge the chart. However, since you asked :smile:, I wanted to point out a few things that may or may not help.

I'm Not certain under the present Rx Mercury that this is correct but I calculate Mars is lord of the hour and in triplicity to the 7th, the animal hunted:

Ok, a little confusing because, as you correctly post after, Moon is the hour ruler, not Mars. I'm also not understanding why you mean by Mars being in triplicity to the 7th. Mars rules the 7th, but is in aversion to it. Mars is in Virgo (Earth) and the 7th is in Aries (Fire.) So I'm not sure where triplicity is coming from in this instance.

...yet Venus, lord of the asc has No Aspects!

As I understand No Aspects mean No Action.

Here are a few more things to consider. Venus is lady of the ASC, however Mercury is the bound ruler (using Egyptian terms) and better yet, who is the Almuten of the ASC? Can I hear "Saturn?"

No aspects mean no action...right. :andy: Where did Lilly say there needed to be an aspect? He does this quite often...

in case of hunting see if the ascendant be a signe of four footed beasts, or an earthly signe, for these are good for hunting amongst mountaines, and hils;

We have the ASC in Libra, a human sign, so not four footed. Eartly sign? No. But note that Lilly says "these" are good for hunting amongst mountains and hills. "These" is plural, which means he is indicating both the ASC in a 4 footed sign and an Earth sign. Where does your querent plan to hunt?

see the Lord of the ascendant, and the Lord of the hour, if they be fortunate or infortunate; and if either do behold other, or separate one from another, and if one be falling from another, note this.

What was Venus' last aspect? (An ephemeris is ever useful...) It would look, just from the chart alone, that Venus' last aspect was a square to Mars. That square did happen, but it happened when Venus was in Scorpio and Mars was in Leo. Venus' last aspect was an opposition with the Moon while the Moon was in Gemini (exact the day before the chart was cast.) I could be wrong (again, I'm just pointing things out, not making a judgement on the chart) but "if either do behold each other, or separate one from another..." Also, I've no idea if it matters or not for this chart, but Venus and the Sun haven't been in actual aspect for a while. Moon opposed Venus, and then trined the Sun next. Yes, this is past tense to the chart, but we call that translation of light. And Sun is the exaltation ruler of the 7th. I just found that interesting.

Consider after if the 7th be a signe of four footed beasts, and if you do finde in the same the Lord thereof, or the Lord of the hour; or the Lord of the angle fortunate, judge that the beast you seek for shall be found and taken.

Aries is a four footed sign. Check. Paraphrasing the next part, if you find the lord of the 7th (Mars) or the Lord of the hour (Moon) or the Lord of the angle (reading ASC for angle) fortunate, judge that the beast you seek for shall be found and taken.

Ok. Is Mars fortunate or unfortunate? Is Moon fortunate or unfortunate? Is the ASC fortunate or unfortunate?

Mars: Peregrine but in the place of a sectmate, in mutual reception with Mercury by domicile and regarding same, with his ruler regrograde. In feminine sign and degree, but that degree is bright. In masculine quadrant, on the correct side of the horizon from the Sun (above the horizon in a night chart) Mars is like...enh. What he is though is cadent. If Mars represented only the hunted, it would look like Mars was begging to be caught.

Notice that Lilly gives three reasons. If Lord of 7th, or Lord of hour, or lord of ASC...Well, what's the hour lord doing?

But if the Lord of the 7th be an Infortune, and the Moon infortunate, the good planets falling after her, after much search something shall be found, and little shall be taken, and that with wearinesse of the body; which shall be the truer, if the Lord of the ascendant be Saturn, and in the 7th or in any of the angles of the Lord of the 7th, and she be fortunate, say that he shall speed in his Hunting.

If the lord of the 7th be an infortune (yes...) and the Moon infortunate (uh...nope.) Moon as sect light, in domicile, in feminine sign, degree and quadrant, in bright degree...the only thing holding the Moon back is that she is slow and decreasing in light. But Moon is applying to Jupiter. So while Venus is falling after her, Jupiter is ahead.

Two other things to note. Venus is in azimene degree, and Saturn is in empty degree. With Mercury on a collision course...and again not judging the chart, I can't help but wonder if we are looking at one of those stories of the huge fish that got away. You know, like the ones on the internet where the hunter is sleeping and the prey walks right up?

Dr. Farr stated on:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69034

A few definitions:
Lagna = the ascendant
Kendra = one of the angles (1-4-7-10)
Arudha = a special ascendant (additional to the "natural" ascendant), being the sign as far from the lord of the (natural) ascendant as the lord of the ascendant is from the ascendant (especially prominent in the minority Jaimini approach to Vedic astrology)
Dhanus = Sagittarius
Rahu = the North Lunar Node (Ketu = the South Lunar Node)
Mandi = a hypothetical "planet" (horoscopic point) used in Vedic astrology since ancient times
Rasis (aka rashi, rashis) = the common term for a zodiacal sign

This may be Vedic or rather Indian but what the writer says seems to fit and there is no doubt the Vedic or Hellenistic astrology met in the time of Alexander the Great and it seems to fit well here as:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ItY0V3LUZscC&pg=PA298&lpg=PA298&dq='hunting+horary'&source=bl&ots=XrMdVs5FXA&sig=XStxRihawBtKLEnqgnVBBpqWwAY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=029wUquEF-OwjAKwwYDQAQ&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q='hunting%20horary'&f=false

1)Mars, being sextiled is enhanced

2)the 7th lord is strong in regards to aspect but not by sign

3)?:unsure:

4, 6, 7, not able to comprehend:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::pinched::pinched:

Signs, ...as Aries is on the 7th it matches what the writer says in this document!:biggrin:

This may in fact be a Vedic horary method yet as has been discussed there is contravesy in who brought what to who(Greece to India or India introduced horary to the Greeks) as in this discussion::ninja:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theastrologypodcast/astrologypodcast-ep009.mp3

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2013/07/26/hellenistic-and-indian-astrology/

Any one have any horaries on hunting expeditions?

Last edited:
Even though it's from India, horary is horary, and there has been much debate recently about did the Greeks give India horary or was it the other way around as India introduced Greece to horary?

Havent read much other than LIlly on hunting in horary but this is found online at:

“To the modern mind horary makes no sense at all, even less than the Tarot or ... the practitioner understands the question and judges the future development of ... describe the querent's physical appearance, which is easily seen), it is called .... a look for example at William Lilly's “Christian Astrology” and see how horaries ...

A few definitions:

Lagna = the ascendant
Kendra = one of the angles (1-4-7-10)
Arudha = a special ascendant (additional to the "natural" ascendant), being the sign as far from the lord of the (natural) ascendant as the lord of the ascendant is from the ascendant (especially prominent in the minority Jaimini approach to Vedic astrology)
Dhanus = Sagittarius
Rahu = the North Lunar Node (Ketu = the South Lunar Node)
Mandi = a hypothetical "planet" (horoscopic point) used in Vedic astrology since ancient times
Rasis (aka rashi, rashis) = the common term for a zodiacal sign

I believe I read years ago that horary artist John Frawley had studied some Vedic Horary and incorporated this in his methods.

Anyone have any thing to add on a hunting horary?:unsure: