What to Expect When Mars Conjuncts the Ascendant

Arian Maverick

Good morning, everyone! :)

In approximately two weeks, my ruling planet Mars will be transiting the late degrees of Pisces and will enter Aries on Wednesday the 16th. I know that my Ascendant is somewhere in this vicinity, but despite my horary, Sabian Symbols' Oracle, and traditional attempts at chart rectification, I have thus far been able to determine its exact degree. Therefore, I am preparing for some careful self-observation at this time to determine during which days I feel most volatile and full of martian energies. In addition to emotional influences, which I believe may be prominent due to my natal Aries Moon's conjunction to my Ascendant, are there any outside influences I should be aware of--perhaps accidents? How will I know when Mars is conjunct my Ascendant, or will its orb influence further shroud the actual degree? If so, what orb should I give this planet? I'm crossing my fingers that the possible degrees will be firmly in one sign...:rolleyes:

Here's a description I found from an old transit report by Marjorie Orr:

April 7: Transiting Mars Conjunct Ascendant
You will come across to others as active, aggressive and not a little competitive. You will be on a fairly short fuse and could blow your top too rapidly . Mars is not the most sensitive of energies and can come across as insensitive and rather brash. But you can really communicate with vigour and others could be infected by your boisterous exuberance. You want to make decisions, take the initiative and be the one in a leadership role.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Arian Maverick

byjove

Account Closed
Hmm I can't believe no replies...and I found this because I'm in the same position...we cross paths with these things you know! Similar trails.

Well? How did you get on? Can you remember? It is every two years so can be tricky to remember those few days. As far as I can remember...I tend to get into a big argument with a sibling around this transit. I'm within a few days of the transit so will be watching carefully.

If anyone else has experience they'd like to share it would be helpful - these threads are always used again in the future...:biggrin:

bittermoon

I only remember mine because it was a major turning point for me, earlier this year. I had been worried about getting work, paying the bills, dipping into my emergency savings fund etc. I went for a long walk on the beach and just really exhaled for the first time in a long time and I just knew things would be alright. Lo and behold... that very same afternoon, I got a phone call that we had just landed a really important assignment we had been after for months. Mars going through my first house left me very confident, energetic and empowered. It was also a good feeling receiving some income again.

Of course, this is just a personal experience, so I'm not quite sure if this has any value to anybody else. Natally I have a bit of weak Mars. Aqua, in the 12th, squaring my traditional chart ruler.

T mars like mercury is a rather quick moving transit and is good for rectifying TOB but generally suggests much energy/exertion. But it all depends on what aspects Asc receives as to how it works out individually.

same theme for going over MC to

Lin

A LOT has to do with how long Mars will linger around the ascendant. Also...what aspects it makes as it leaves the end of the 12h and get to about 15 degrees into the first house.
Also: if Mars RETROGRADES on the ascendant by transits, the effect will be more and longer lasting.
Also, IF the rising sign is Cardinal I believe the person will "feel" it more...and it could change, even temporarily, his/her personality.

Mars has been in Cancer recently.
If anyone here has had Mars transitting their ascendant while it's been in Cancer, maybe you can share in what ways you feel it...and if you feel the effect is temporary, and also if you have had difficulties with major relationships (even small difficulties that are new) during this time.
LIN

byjove

Account Closed
Well I've definitely been heated for the last few days with multiple new occasions for arguments (which I tried not to let happen). Other than than...I don't think anything.

Mars crossing my Cancer ASC makes these aspects:

TR Mars trine Mercury on Pisces MC (exact)
TR Mars inconjunct Uranus (exact)
TR Mars square Sun (at 6 degrees separating when at ASC)

byjove

Account Closed
OK, the last few days I have been far more tense that usual, far more ready to blow my top and really...I've been on the brink of arguments with just about anyone for about 2 day. There comes a point when you get into so many arguments that you do stop and think; is it me? Yes, if it's you against the world, it probably is, and do check for that TR Mars on AC.....:biggrin:

Neptune Rising

My ascendant isn't in Cancer but I thought I'd share what happened to last Christmas when Mars crossed my Asc. Ascendant in Sag, Descendant Gemini. I was involved with alot of arguments all around me, argumentative boyfriend and his crazy ex somehow getting hold of my number, noisy neighbours.

Transiting Mercury was conjunct tr Mars, both on my ascendant. I think I was quite heated up! I just noticed tr Mars was making square to tr Lilith. Oh and it was approaching opposition to progressed Moon. Such a stressful month that was! :D

MaeMae

Banned
When Mars crosses angles, he actvates, provides initiative and can become pugnacious if he's thwarted by a simultaneous transit to an angle from saturn or neptune' usually. Uranus and Pluto usually lend amicable energy to Mars, but those are the ones that can also add fuel to a fire in upsetting ways.
Mars turning back around to revisit houses lasts usually a couple months. In first house/x'ing Asc, Mars is at home and telling us to go our own way ~ this is what usually creates problems with "hey! i thought we were in this together," 7th house. thats why so much material about Asc/Mars transits talks about 7th house. Mars crossing first house cusp and through is the pin -up child for "get out of my way."
always a good time to begin an independent course of action without regard to pleasing or taking care of "others." In fact, if we try, results are usually disasterous do to the naturally self-centered ( not to be confused or mistaken with selfishness or maliciousness) quality of this dignity in transit.
I've learned through the years that any contention or blow-ups during this time are usually results of individual initiative or action being bogged down, slowed down or otherwise impeded by our SENSE of obligation to carry someone or something on our backs. The old saying " Free to be me!" Seems a fitting mantra for these transits.

One thing I've noticed this current go round of Mars transiting my Asc ~ 1'st is that alot of my usual anger and pissiness at situations or people is not strong at this time. Instead of stewing, which is my natural Mars in Cancer way, I don't want to be bothered with petty concerns and I'm on with the new.

My ascendant isn't in Cancer but I thought I'd share what happened to last Christmas when Mars crossed my Asc. Ascendant in Sag, Descendant Gemini. I was involved with alot of arguments all around me, argumentative boyfriend and his crazy ex somehow getting hold of my number, noisy neighbours.

Transiting Mercury was conjunct tr Mars, both on my ascendant. I think I was quite heated up! I just noticed tr Mars was making square to tr Lilith. Oh and it was approaching opposition to progressed Moon. Such a stressful month that was! :D

I think it all depens on existing aspects the Asc actualy receives depends on whether you have a hard or easy time with mars. I just find it energetic, even though I have Uranus opp Asc...

filly

Hi all!
I'm going to share my experience of this transit as It is happening now to me!

Ascendant Libra here with North Node conjunct. Natal Mars in Pisces conjuct Scheat.

I'm not an agressive person at all, unless I have to defend myself of course!
This last year till now I had three agressive scenes with my boyfriend. one of them was last night when Mars conjuncted the Ascendant!
nIn synastry we have my Mars(SN ruler) square his Saturn and SN!
He can definitely push the buttons and take the worse out of me! We both don't know how this happens!

With the conjunction last night I just blew out out of the blue! (Again) It's totally against what I and other people know of me! It was a shock to them!

Mars rules my 2nd and 7H. Accidentally I knocked out a friend laptop which doesn't work and I have to pay for the repair.
Plus what I can think of is to end this relationship with my boyfriend! I do love him and he loves me back but no matter how much we try this is out of our control!

I feel sad and ashamed for last night. I was never like this and I don't wanna become!

Tr.Mars is in detriment in Libra this definitely makes it worse.
Coz is conjunct the NN too, maybe is a wake up call and an important lesson to take from it!

Only the N Moon squares the Asc, Moon trines my Natal Mars! Last night received a square and I cried my eyes out until I fell asleep!

My boyfriend's Asc is conjunct mine, so Mars rulerships are the same as for me!
Tr Mars is to square his Capp Venus(Asc ruler) yet!
His N Venus sextiles my Natal Mars with reception by exaltation. I wonder what will come out of this...
Tr Mars will conjunct his N Uranus in a few days in Libra too!

Or we make it or we break it! ; (

Zarathu

Account Closed
Any transit will have no physical effect unless the two planet in the transit have a Ptolemaic aspect in the natal chart.

This is not to say that you might not have emotional or mental effects, however they won't translate into physical events unless this relationship exists.

This thread was started back in 2007 so the OP has come and gone and I don't believe that they are even here anymore.

filly

Any transit will have no physical effect unless the two planet in the transit have a Ptolemaic aspect in the natal chart.

This is not to say that you might not have emotional or mental effects, however they won't translate into physical events unless this relationship exists.

This thread was started back in 2007 so the OP has come and gone and I don't believe that they are even here anymore.

There is a conjunction with my ascendant right now, started yesterday!

I know the thread is old, I just wanted to leave my experience for others who wish to learn what transits can do to people in the context of their charts! :)

I stumbled upon this thread in order to find out exactly what others have experienced. I do learn a lot from this!

JUPITERASC

Hi all!
I'm going to share my experience of this transit as It is happening now to me!

Ascendant Libra here with North Node conjunct. Natal Mars in Pisces conjuct Scheat.

I'm not an agressive person at all, unless I have to defend myself of course!
This last year till now I had three agressive scenes with my boyfriend. one of them was last night when Mars conjuncted the Ascendant!
nIn synastry we have my Mars(SN ruler) square his Saturn and SN!
He can definitely push the buttons and take the worse out of me! We both don't know how this happens!

With the conjunction last night I just blew out out of the blue! (Again) It's totally against what I and other people know of me! It was a shock to them!

Mars rules my 2nd and 7H. Accidentally I knocked out a friend laptop which doesn't work and I have to pay for the repair.
Plus what I can think of is to end this relationship with my boyfriend! I do love him and he loves me back but no matter how much we try this is out of our control!

I feel sad and ashamed for last night. I was never like this and I don't wanna become!

Tr.Mars is in detriment in Libra this definitely makes it worse.
Coz is conjunct the NN too, maybe is a wake up call and an important lesson to take from it!

Only the N Moon squares the Asc, Moon trines my Natal Mars! Last night received a square and I cried my eyes out until I fell asleep!

My boyfriend's Asc is conjunct mine, so Mars rulerships are the same as for me!
Tr Mars is to square his Capp Venus(Asc ruler) yet!
His N Venus sextiles my Natal Mars with reception by exaltation. I wonder what will come out of this...
Tr Mars will conjunct his N Uranus in a few days in Libra too!

Or we make it or we break it! ; (
Mars takes 686.971 Earth days to orbit the Sun
so a year on Mars is aproximately 1.88 times as long as a year on Earth.

Mars returns to transit your natal ascendant approximately every two years.
There is a 6000 year Ephemeris file at
making it easy to find dates of when Mars has conjuncted your Ascendant :smile:

ASTROLOGY EPHEMERIS FILES FOR 6000 YEARS IS VIEWABLE AT http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

then, by recalling events at those times,
which recur approximately every two years
one has data with which to predict likely events
for a Mars transit to their particular Ascendant

because

Mars in different signs
is influenced by different sign rulers
and the sign and house location of natal Mars sign ruler
has an important influence on natal Mars

Also, keep in mind that one aspect cannot be considered in isolation
because the whole chart requires delineation

otherwise prediction becomes 'cookbook astrology'
also known as
'one-size-fits-all astrology'
and is unreliable

MARS IN ASTROLOGY HISTORY AND MYTH
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/mars.html

filly

Yep Jupiterasc! It was what I deduced from my this transit to my particular chart! It proves that astrology works indeed!

And because my boyfriend has ascendant conjunct mine, Tr Mars passing through afected both of us!

It's both our 7house ruler. He has N Mars in the 7h in taurus! Another detrimented Mars!

The problem with transits is that one never knows where you going to hit or be hit! In my case could've been a any 7h people/ one o one relationships/partners or I'd expect open enemies to come my way or the other way around.

I guess me and my boyfriend had the perfect conditions!
If people are like permanent transits then my Mars is always being squared by his critical Saturn e vicious SN!My Mars rules South Node too as I said! We must deal with this before we can move on I guess!

The fact that Tr Mars conjuncts my NN too and it actually rules the Tr NN, this sad event may pull us toward a better path!

filly

Mars is 7 degrees conjunct and 1 minute parallel my ascendant, both approaching in my solar return chart this year. What this tells me is that Ill get back in fighting shape this year. So far so good on both fronts this year. [deleted offensive comment against Forum rules - Moderator]

lol chearfull prediction!
What sign is the Ascendant in and what houses it rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I can't believe no replies...and I found this because I'm in the same position...we cross paths with these things you know! Similar trails.

Well? How did you get on? Can you remember? It is every two years so can be tricky to remember those few days. As far as I can remember...I tend to get into a big argument with a sibling around this transit. I'm within a few days of the transit so will be watching carefully.

If anyone else has experience they'd like to share it would be helpful - these threads are always used again in the future...:biggrin:

I have a cancers ascendant & I've noticed this transit because I've been very tired & more introverted with Mars in the 12th house. Not my normal outgoing self. The sun & Venus/Mercury were all In my 12th as well. It is now exactly conjunct my asvendant. (Cancer rising 25 degree) and I feel a little more energetic & motivated to take action & get things done. I also felt more irritable & argumemtive along with a little moody. But with cancer ascendant & Aries moon that happens often. I hope this helps! I'm ready for Mars to cross over into my first & for me to be more outgoing & social again :)