The Picture Board!

sam

What do you guys think the affects of planets in the first house would be? Would it be similar to the signs and their rulers?

sam

Arian Maverick said:
I've got Mars and Jupiter in Gemini...does that count? :lol:

Arian Maverick

Ha, hmm... I wonder if the general characteristics of Gemini rising would apply to you in a weakened sort of way since Mars is the ruler of your asc.

Arian Maverick

Perhaps, because I can think of no other explanations for my delicate hands and feet...I just measured my left hand's middle finger from the "crease" above my palm to its tip, and it measured more than seven centimeters! I wish I had a digital camera so I could take a picture of my hands and post it here :?

Arian Maverick

Well I suppose Mars in Gem might have some effect on appearance. I too have Mars in Gemini.

yes, anything airy I think should increase finger lengths. Gemini more probably because they are dainty and thin by nature giving the impression of long fingers. Maybe Pisces because it is artistic might simply produce artistic looking fingers (Look at Kurt Cobain's fingers).

Then you've got someone like Abraham Lincoln, dob Feb 12, 1809)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln

who (supposedly) suffered from Marfan Syndrome, extreme height and long limbs.

Otherwise, we can write of Rasputin, I tried :)

there seems a bit of fuzziness here. But to me "remoteness" which I'd associate with Aqua, isn't the same as "spacey" which I associate with Pisces. However, I'm sure others may disagree.

Well I guess we can say the Pisces are not there at all while Aqu is, but they just won't let you near.

Lunar Pisces

Hmm, I have 4 personal planets in air signs, plus an Uranus singelton and a air grand trine. My finger adn toes are not long nor am I tall. I know people keep saying Gems and Aquas are tall, but sorry, I don't see it. Sag and Cap, followed by Cancer have been - based on my experience and chart reseach - have been the most consistant indicators of height. Aquas seem to often give the "illusion" of height (did you know Paul Newman's only 5'9"? He seems a lot taller than that yes? LOl!), and Gems are typically pretty average in heights (Kylie Minogue, who's 5'2", and Prince, who's 5'4", arem't exactly statuesque, for example - neither are I, 5'5", or my mom, 5'4", and we're both Gems too). Libras seem to vary a lot.

Pisces - regularly associated with shortness, including in limbs and digits. Often hands and fingers, as well as rest of the body, are wide, even plump. As for Kurt Cobain, he did have a Cancer moon, but he was actually very short, 5'6". To the eyes of the public, he seemed "well-built" which was hardly the case! He was not only short, but had a curved spine that slumped his shoulders (bad posture is another Piscean trait) and was chronically underweight due to G.I. problems (Virgo rising). But despite that, you could still see the Piscean "widening" effect on his short frame - his face and shoulders had pretty good width for his height (added to his media attractiveness - had he been chubbier it would have been more obvious and he less photogenic). His hand and feet were fairly broad as well. Being a guitarist myself, I can tell for pictures of him playing guitar, his fingers may have look big on his tiny body, he had relatively thick fingers with stubby, rounded fingertips - classic Piscean, just like my fingers.

However, Cobain did have Pluto and Uranus conjunct his ASC: as I mentioned above about Aqua, Uranus on the ASC seems to cause disproportion in limbs too, which seemed as the case with Cobain. While I don't see his fingers being very slender or long relatively, his arms were definitely too long for his overall frame - very much like RHCP guitarist John Frusciante, who's a Pisces-Aqua. In Frusciante's case, he has more Aquaish traits, although likewise isn't very tall (probably no more than 5'9").

Lunar Pisces

I didn't know Lincoln had Marfan syndrome, although that "knobbiness" I mentioned about Aqua is pretty obvious in Lincoln. I'll see if I can find a estimated chart or borthtime for ehim. I am looking for Rachmaniniff's chart too - he reportedly had hands and fingers that grew continuously throughout his life. Such bones diseases are often indicated by Capricorn or Saturn, especially if afflicted. Rachmaninoff was born April 1, 1873 (Gregorian).

EDIT: I found this: Lincoln's chart but I don't know how theyconfirmed that birthtime. However, he does have Cap moon and and according tot his birthtime, Saturn in Sag squaring his ASC. He also has Mercury in Pisces rising - a very intriguing placement. Very delibitated there, esp with Nep and Sat squaring. May indicate a neurological problem or mental illness, and even negative psychic experiences. In lIncoln's case, maybe all of the above! Lincoln reportedly had severe depression and premonitions of his death - as for neurological condition I don't know, although some have speculated that he was a learning disorder, and those are typical neurological in nature.

I don't think Aqu are particularly tall although my dad-in-law is very tall and he is Aqu but so are all the other non-Aqu siblings. I agree, the Sags that I do know are pretty tall but Cancerian, all I know are quite short, with the exception of a crazy 6'5 giant cancerian. Geminis on the other hand, aren't tall but are mostly petite or downright short. All the ones that I know are like that (tiny, babyfaced, youthful, button noses) except my partner.

Lincoln, although tall, was known for his very long and stretched limbs limbs and lankiness.

Kurt Cobains fingers - not necessarily the thinnest, I agree) and the photos that I have found, his hands are massive and makes his fingers look like tentacles. And yes he did have long arms. I thought he was highly attractive (in a non-sexual way), highly angelic and feminine and other worldly with those piercing blue eyes. Very thin, probably due to drug probs though.

http://yapoodon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/YAPOO/yapoo/90/kurt_cobain03.jpg

cobain.jpg

Kurt_Cobain_2005_Calenda-01.jpg

Lunar Pisces

Yeah, I see people don't want to believe me on this. LOL. Notice how square his palm looks? And how that makes his fingers look spread out? That's what I'm talking about. That's very Piscean. My hand look like that too. Also you can see his stubby fingertips in the other photo (and with his gnawed-down fingernail - oh so Piscean. I thankful broke mynailbreaking habit).

23 said:
Rachmaninoff, according to one site:

http://www.astrotheme.fr/en/portraits/p6deJJ3Z2ttJ.htm

born April 2, 1873 at 12:00 PM in Oneg (Russie)
Sun in 12°44 Aries, AS in 9°58 Leo,
Moon in 15°38 Gemini, MC in 11°47 Aries

Uranus conjunct Asc, problem solved?

1200PM probably's just a estimated time. That probably isn't reliable. I haven't found that site very reliable in the past. Ramaninoff looks lieka Taurus rising to me - if that was true (and don't trust me on that), that would also square his Saturn with his ASC. Hmm.... As it stands, though, it look like it would have been possible for his Saturn to be a singelton by house, although we can't confirm that.

Lunar Pisces said:
Yeah, I see people don't want to believe me on this. LOL. Notice how square his palm looks? And how that makes his fingers look spread out? That's what I'm talking about. That's very Piscean. My hand look like that too. Also you can see his stubby fingertips in the other photo (and with his gnawed-down fingernail - oh so Piscean. I thankful broke mynailbreaking habit).

Yes, I think thats what I mean by tentacles, not necessarily thin, but being everywhere (spread out as you put it)! I think agree with you and your description of his hands.

I'll keep searching for Rachmaninoff, but you're right re appearance, I don't see any leo features in the face. It would lend to personal planets being in Taurus giving his appearance. He reminds me of George Clooney in the photo below (the eyebrows) and a former Taurean boss of mine, droopy eyes and roundish head.

rachmaninoff_ink_grey.jpg

George_Clooney_cloon_617082.jpg

http://www.beethovenlives.net/sergei_vaseliyevich_rachmaninoff_resimleri.htm
hand pictures on this site[/img]

Missa

sam said:
What do you guys think the affects of planets in the first house would be? Would it be similar to the signs and their rulers?

Yes, very much. Water signs in general seem to be short, earth signs average, and fire signs... this one is a bit problematic because even though most of them seem rather short or average, for some reason sagittarians tend to be tall. :? Could have something to do with Jupiter(expansion, growth, etc.)? :?

Arian Maverick

What if a person has several seemingly contradictory (or at least very different) planets in the first house? For example, I have the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus all in the same sign and house as my Aries Ascendent...

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick said:
What if a person has several seemingly contradictory (or at least very different) planets in the first house? For example, I have the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus all in the same sign and house as my Aries Ascendent...

Arian Maverick

Well I would say (from a novice that I am) that each planet will have an effect on your appearance but then it would be a matter of classifying the relative strength of each one. Because sun is the primary planet in everyone's chart, that would have the most impact with everyone. But then again, depending on what sign the planets are in would have an impact. For example, a mars in aries (and coincidentally the first house) would have a greater impact than venus on your appearance I would say because mars rules Aries but venus is the ruler of libra (and taur) and would be in detriment and would hence have a greater effect. Plus sun is exalted in Aries so it would be stronger in its effect on your appearance than other planets I would say. Also, since everything is in Aries, it just would make you look like an Arian (as all point to being in Aries!)

http://groups.msn.com/HOROSCOPESCHAT/rulersdignities.msnw

For the more experienced out there, does a detriment of a falllen position only weaken the influence of a planet or does it add to a more "negative appearance"? (or is negative aspects to a planet required for ugliness?)

Oh and here is a picture of my hand and hair, note the red tinge in my hair, Aries rising and probably Sag venus. Otherwise, I have Aqu sun/merc, Libra moon

Btw, you might notice that my fingers aren't back that much. I've got rather inflexible hands, I can't bend my fingers past my palm. The inflexibility of Aqu showing?

Last edited:

Arian Maverick said:
You don't even know what I look like and you're calling me ugly? :lol:

Just kidding with you :wink:

Arian Maverick

:D I doubt it! Hey your an Arian. Your raciness should add a lot of zing to your appearance! :D

Arian Maverick

I doubt it! Hey your an Arian. Your raciness should add a lot of zing to your appearance!

I'm curious...what do you mean by zing? I certainly do not consider myself plain-looking, but neither do I have any outstanding physical characteristics that I'm easily identified by, with the possible exception of my blonde hair.

Arian Maverick

blumen

At first I uploaded a pic of my eyes, then I deleted it. I am absolutely paranoid about uploading one’s pics on the internet (I also have Jupiter in 8th trining my Sun in 12th so there you go….secretiveness!) in case somebody who knows me professionally happens to browse this forum and finds out one of the things I do in my private life. After all most Virgoans are a bit like Dr. Jackhill and Mr. Hyde.

So I decided to upload my chart and to give a description of myself instead. It is not like posting one’s picture, but it will do. Sometimes I use this method to delineate a natal chart. This is because planetary placement by sign and house that have a visible influence on the body or on the health of the native will be stronger than those that don’t. Also, I have found it useful to understand how a chart works when I have to look at the transits.

mine.gif

I have most of the physical characteristics of a Virgoan with Virgo rising. Hence I have a small frame and I am well proportioned, with generally a Mercury look. Although I am 30 I look younger. Most of the people I meet tend to think I am a college student. The skin is slightly tan (Sun and Venus in earthy sign) and I am slim (Mercury is in the first house). Features are rounded, and this is signalled by the MC in Taurus an also the Moon in Pisces. The Moon in Pisces sometimes makes me look literally shell-shocked or absent or even stupid.
Venus conjunct the Ascendant gives me a small stature (157 cm /5ft 1’) and a rounder, rather than a skinnier appearance.
Venus (hair) conjunct the AC and square Mars results in this case in wavy hair.
Mars very high – rising or otherwise prominent – in a chart normally gives curly hair, and it can be red, if Mars is in certain signs. Mine is in Gemini, but receives a square from Sun in 12th and Venus in fall and retrograde in an earthy sign, therefore the hair (Venus) is dark brown, but with auburn highlights. Mars culminating or strong in a chart also gives fiery eyes.
Mars (muscle tissues) in Gemini (arms and hands) results in the following: lean and slightly muscular arms (apply this to the arms of a woman) and firmness of the muscles in general. Also, Mars in this position can indicate a tendency to get wounds the arms and the hands, so I have multiple, almost invisible small scars on them.
The hands (Mercury, signs of Mercury and planets in them) are small, soft and dry. Fingers are of a normal length.
Jupiter (expansion, abundance) in Aries (head) acts on the hair, so with this placement I have plenty of hair. Saturn in Cancer, retrograde and detrimented, can cause problems with the nails, the bones or the teeth, and hard parts of the body in general. In various cases if you find a Sun-Saturn opposition you can tell that the native has very bad teeth. In my case, Saturn is squared both by Jupiter and Uranus, so from time to time I have to run to the dentist because I get nasty inflammations (Mars culminating). The Moon – exalted in Pisces, gives a very delicate skin in this case, and the skin it is also paler than it would normally be, given the country I was born in of course.

Arian Maverick

Mars (muscle tissues) in Gemini (arms and hands) results in the following: lean and slightly muscular arms (apply this to the arms of a woman) and firmness of the muscles in general. Also, Mars in this position can indicate a tendency to get wounds the arms and the hands, so I have multiple, almost invisible small scars on them.

Thank you for providing us with such a thorough explanation, blumen! I also have Mars in Gemini and found your description to be quite helpful :wink:

Arian Maverick

P.S. Since you seem quite knowledgable in this area, I ask you this: what astrological placements may indicate long fingers?