Is this the natal chart of a writer?

tori

Just curious :)
If it is, are aspects that will make this easy? Hard?
And feel free to tell me that it isn't...

Attachments

• tori.jpg
    tori.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
Why do you think so? Mercury is connected with mental activity, communication and somehow writing skills. Your Mercury is making trine to Pluto and conjunct Midheaven (MC) - career matters so wiritng is possible career path to choose.

*Mercury conjunct Midheaven
Communication will play a key role in your chosen profession. You may choose a career such as writing or teaching, publishing or transport related. Education is likely to play an important role in your public life. Be mindful of not talking too much about yourself, and voicing your opinion on issues that you feel strongly about. Try to cultivate the art of a spirit of enquiry about how others feel and view things, since this aspect can denote too much self interest, and little regard to the views and opinions of other people. Public speaking may well feature in your career, so it could be very helpful to have experienced some training in this area in the school years. Your career could also be related to children in some way. This is a very good placement for a teacher, lecturer, public speaker, radio personality, writer or someone who facilitates training programmes.

Mercury trine Pluto stimulates the individuals mind to look below the surface of life to find their answers. They are usually extremely accurate psychologists and zoom in on other people's sensitive spots. One of their favourite subjects is examining how other people tick and they enjoy searching out for hidden facts about an individual, and they subconsciously know what to say to have a positive, emotional affect on others.
from : http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2012/05/mercury-trine-pluto.html

With the presence of a ninth house Mercury, you tend to communicate in areas of mind expansion in an intellectual manner. This may be in areas of higher knowledge, foreign travel or philosophy. You may be religious or seek continuing knowledge, which you may find gently inspiring. You are particularly good at learning and remembering information. You may undertake long journeys in order to expand your mind, but other long journeys seeking specific knowledge may appeal. Your major changes may be in the physical world, in terms of travel or in the mind, where you can expand your knowledge and awareness. Areas of study involving deep understanding of the mind may be appropriate. While you seek the truth, the truth for you is what is logical, or consistent with other facts.

Use your beneficial potentials, good luck :)

tori

thanks for your response!

why do I think so? I actually didn't know either way. I just know 've been pulled to write ever since I was a kid and I was curious if that was reflected in my natal chart.

Does having gemini in my 10th house help? And the group of planets - including sun - in the 9th house of publishing (among other things)? Or am I reading into something that isn't there?

IleneK

Premium Member
thanks for your response!

why do I think so? I actually didn't know either way. I just know 've been pulled to write ever since I was a kid and I was curious if that was reflected in my natal chart.

Does having gemini in my 10th house help? And the group of planets - including sun - in the 9th house of publishing (among other things)? Or am I reading into something that isn't there?

It does not appear that you are reading something into the influence and strength of your 9th and 10th houses.

To me, your chart reflects a person who would enjoy communication skills including writing. Mercury rules both your MC and your Asc. Mars in Gemini rules your 3rd house of thinking and communication.

And likely both your innate love of communication and also the connection between your 9th and 10th houses derive from mutual reception/appreciation between the house rulers, Mercury in Taurus and Venus in Gemini [each being in the sign the other rules].

Write on!

Last edited:

Krewster

Looking only at the aspectual health of your Merc, suggests you may think about writing more than writing...;)

Two of four aspects to your Merc are (imo) non-supportive (i.e., the 45-135-90 triangle in which Merc participates with the Moon and Uran). I've heard that some harmonic astrologers take the 8th to be drive/motivation (in which case you would have already written something by now regardless whether published), but I'm still at the stage with this denominator of thinking it is a watered down 90 or 180 with some extra unidentified something (regardless of that mystery, Uran hitting both your Moon and Merc likely makes you jumpy by nature, rather than being interested in Saturnian plot planning sustainable over long periods).

Another indicator perhaps well representing your aspirations in this area is Merc's 2 degree-loose quadra-novile to Jup (likey conferring both intelligence and an inner unblemishable certainty that Merc type activities are one of the keys in your chart to social integration).

tori

thanks for the additional insights!

Krewster, while I do think about writing, I do write, too :) I blog, I've been published in two newspapers, and in an academic journal. I guess I'm hoping at taking the writing to the next level and wanted to know if there was anything in my chart that spoke to writing as a career.

I am jumpy (that's funny!). I'm working on a fiction piece now--I'm a firm believer in outlining and plotting :)

Last edited:

grkemmer

I think you could be good writer and I can hear your contained taurus joy even from here, if maybe, just
maybe a bit dry. Emotional capability, I think is a big part of writing and you have little water placements. But one of them is jupiter in scorpio at the cusp with libra in your third house, which deals with communication. What a good placement for a writer. Also your north node in pisces I think will help you to be genuinely interested in human behaviour and psyche. and general ways in which the cosmos works. Also your ASC in Virgo should help with writing skills. Also mercury conj. to your MC if with a very wide orb, I think, suggests a possibility of career in wriritng.

Also, I think you might have a mystic rectangle, which is a large pattern, among your moon, venus, uranus and neptune. This is a pattern which suggest a flow of questions and answers duely dealt with but to be sure you might want to look at your chart with ''add aspect patterns to all'' option chosen, and maybe have help from somebody who is more experienced in defining large patterns. If you have that pattern I think it is great help for somebody who wants to write.I t brings out a capability in rising up questions of very inner-psychic nature, and an abilityto deal with them intimately, in a way that you could rise them up to your individual and eccentric heights (in a way that would also be akin to your conception of humanity in general) and deal with them in passion and compassion. I know this sounded a bit cheesy but I need to go to sleep.

Best,
Görkem

tori

from cafe astrology:

Mystic Rectangle Also called simply a 'rectangle', two opposition aspects are woven together with two trine and two sextile aspects.

uranus (2nd) oppose moon (8th), trine venus (10th) sextile neptune (4th)

neptune (4th) oppose venus (10th), trine moon (8th)

venus (10th) sextile moon (8th)

ummm...do I have one? And what the freak does that mean if I do???

Krewster

So good to hear you harnessed that Moon-Merc-Uran triangle (others similarly-aspected seem to have nerves to the point of job/etc. dysfunctionality).

Perhaps you managed bec your 13 min-tight Sun/Sat nicely triangulates the oppo by bi-quintile and decile (Sun/Sat this tight is enough alone to make you a fantastic planner of anything).

Your Moon tri-septile Jup (34 min) indicates the imperiousness needed to handle fame from an author career and your Ven bi-quintile Jup (14 min) suggests the possibility for Venutian pursuits to bring you into the limelight.

Take away: though Sun/Sat by itself is not a fame indicator, it provides stamina and the Sun's other tight aspects support sudden upswings in your station in life.

capricorn6

Premium Member
thanks for the additional insights!

Krewster, while I do think about writing, I do write, too :) I blog, I've been published in two newspapers, and in an academic journal. I guess I'm hoping at taking the writing to the next level and wanted to know if there was anything in my chart that spoke to writing as a career.

I am jumpy (that's funny!). I'm working on a fiction piece now--I'm a firm believer in outlining and plotting :)

Although I do not know anything about what would make a good writer (I posted a thread similar to this) I just want to tell you how much respect I have for you for your love of writing. I've loved it ever since I was a kid as well. The only thing I can really say is be careful of which publisher you choose. I chose the wrong one and they did a horrible job with my book :sad:. I wish you the best :biggrin: