Why do I feel like I am boring?

Cori

Hey there!

Well, I am actually new to these astrology charts. So, any advice is welcome and appreciated!

But what I was wondering, I feel like i can not really hold a conversation interesting. Lately I have been trying to be more "entertaining" while talking. But, I am sick of trying to be someone else. I have no clue why I feel like that and it is probably just me being paranoid, so..

I would like to work on myself and it would be great if anyone out there could help me out a bit, thank you already! :joyful:

My Chart: (sorry for the long link)
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c...n&tolerance=1&tolerance_paral=1.2#tabs_redraw

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

Looking at your chart, I'd put the issue in a different way. One thing that pops out about your chart is sun square Pluto. People with this aspect often feel like they were bullied as children, so they grow up not trusting other people (or the universe) to support them. They tend to view interpersonal relationships as zero-sum games, with winners and losers.

(Note: this isn't all bad-- I have a dear friend with this aspect who has worked through these issues, .... and don't mess with her!)

You may be in the throes of sorting out these issues via conversations. Conversation by definition has an active speaker and a passive listener.

Then your Pisces sun and Virgo moon are super-sensitive. Others might not notice the other person's hint of boredom, but you pick up such signals. You're probably no more boring than anyone else, but you have finely-tuned antennae.

One thing I've found is that it's more valuable to be interested in another person than it is to be interesting. If you develop a reputation as a good listener, that will get you pretty far in life.

You have the capacity to be a really good listener. Your friends and acquaintances will really appreciate that in you.

Cori

Thanks to you!

Would you or of course someone else like to give me some advice according to my chart? Or just read my chart in general? :3 thanks already!

kirki

Till my 30s i thought that sometimes im boring to others,one day i realised that when i feel bored i become boring ,simply cause i have no interest to continue a talk with people that i dont find interesting.Usually when im with people that excite my mind seems that it goes the other way around too,they find me really interesting person.So maybe you are not really boring but simply bored by others...i used boring -bored words wayyy tooo muuuch ithink....

Emeraldstar99

Till my 30s i thought that sometimes im boring to others,one day i realised that when i feel bored i become boring ,simply cause i have no interest to continue a talk with people that i dont find interesting.Usually when im with people that excite my mind seems that it goes the other way around too,they find me really interesting person.So maybe you are not really boring but simply bored by others...i used boring -bored words wayyy tooo muuuch ithink....

It actually was what I thinking lately. You become interesting when you want something because you start doing everything to that work out, even if you are not realizing. I used to be quite cheerful and excited (even tho some haters would hate obvs) when young when talking to people and when I would say something, people would listen to me!

Well talking about the natal chart besides the sun square pluto,I noticed Virgo Moon (you beat yourself up if you don't feel in a perfect way, you come across picky,maybe) and Cancer rising( Pluto transiting your Descendant, you may have felt for more than 10 years that people around you had more power than you or you met with some powerful people that maybe made you feel like you were "not powerful/good enough" because of those people who were in your way).

As a Cancer rising and some searchings,I heard this Ascendant would make you "slower paced" when talking, you may feel that in a group of friends you can't catch their pace and try to slowly put your attention to you, since you feel that you are not catching up.

Last edited:

waybread

Cori, in the past I was often in situations where I had to talk to complete strangers, often one-on-one. This still happens to me occasionally. (Try riding Amtrak cross country, for example.)

What I learned is that it's not so hard to draw out other people. Ask them about themselves. Usually so few people really care to draw out another person, that most people are happy to tell you about themselves. Then you're off the hook for being a scintillating conversationalist.

You've got the chart to be a good listener, so why not develop this capacity?

Try thinking of yourself as a journalist, interviewing a subject. Don't worry about talking about yourself. If you must, maybe you can refer to your passions in life.

Cori

Cori, in the past I was often in situations where I had to talk to complete strangers, often one-on-one. This still happens to me occasionally. (Try riding Amtrak cross country, for example.)

What I learned is that it's not so hard to draw out other people. Ask them about themselves. Usually so few people really care to draw out another person, that most people are happy to tell you about themselves. Then you're off the hook for being a scintillating conversationalist.

You've got the chart to be a good listener, so why not develop this capacity?

Try thinking of yourself as a journalist, interviewing a subject. Don't worry about talking about yourself. If you must, maybe you can refer to your passions in life.

Thanks, waybread.

You gave me some hope. I'll try and find out!

I guess because of the fact that I am very sensitive I notice how people feel and if that is boredom I just do not know how to handle that. But asking them questions will surely help me out!

Hey there!

Well, I am actually new to these astrology charts. So, any advice is welcome and appreciated!

But what I was wondering, I feel like i can not really hold a conversation interesting. Lately I have been trying to be more "entertaining" while talking. But, I am sick of trying to be someone else. I have no clue why I feel like that and it is probably just me being paranoid, so..

I would like to work on myself and it would be great if anyone out there could help me out a bit, thank you already! :joyful:

My Chart: (sorry for the long link)
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c...n&tolerance=1&tolerance_paral=1.2#tabs_redraw

They already said it better than me! I wanted to also mention your jupiter conjunct mercury and mercury making a nice aspect to neptune. I think your style of communication has a potential to be very funny and entertaining but it's not always something we are born tapped into. Tap into your talent for words! Keep practicing!