I lost my job in 2020 and it has been a very difficult period ever since

NympheTamine

I lost my job in 2020 due to the pandemic. And life has been stressful and difficult ever since. I am someone who normally tries to pick myself up after rejection but this period has been really difficult for me. Since the job loss, I have received a lot of job opportunities and even signed a contract for some. I am an immigrant and in one case, the immigration just decided they did not know how long my work permit could take perhaps even 6 months due to covid. Due to this, I lost my job. In other cases, I got hired as an intern only for the company to decide by the end of my internship that they cannot afford to hire a foreigner. I know it hasn't got anything to do with my work since I was given positive feedback and even a recommendation letter from them.

Due to the stress I had from losing all these jobs and financial problems, I decided to move back with my parents right now. What exactly is causing this from my birth chart? Is it going to get any better in the future?

https://imgur.com/a/jRVH4p1

Attachments

• birthchart.jpg
    birthchart.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 26

waybread

I am sorry you have been going through such a difficult time. The Covid pandemic has been creating difficulties for many people's employment.

Sometimes astrology is not about "when will my life get better?" It is more about tests of one's character, how we can be strong and resourceful enough to weather the difficult times, and emerge as a stronger person for it.

Your 10th house of career, with Leo on the cusp, is ruled by the sun. Your Cancer sun looks to be in good shape, in the 9th house and making good aspects to several other planets. The 9th house rules overseas travel, among other things, so continuing to apply for jobs overseas or with an international company looks like a good strategy. Your talents and experience may also be beneficial for fields like international trade or higher education. (You don't need to be a professor for the latter, as universities have many academic support, administrative, and technical positions.)

I think patience is called for, along with filling your life with other activities that support your self-confidence.

Natally your 4th house Saturn opposes your 10th house Mercury and Chiron. This makes me wonder if you had a very strict childhood, perhaps with lingering issues about your parents or birth place. Saturn is strong in your chart, in its traditional domicile of Aquarius, however, so its helpful lessons of frugality, patience, and hard work are hopefully ones you've incorporated into your character.

If you find that living with your parents is a drag on your morale, you might see whether sharing a home with a friend or another relative is easier on your emotions. However, Saturn also rules old age, and if your parents are ageing, it may be helpful for them to have you at home with them.

Every 29 to 30 years Saturn orbits the sun back to its degree in your natal birth chart. This Saturn return is a time of maturation. We leave youth behind and become more serious about our adult selves. As you approach your Saturn return next year, now is a good time to really think through your goals and to see what you can do, even with small steps, to implement them. If you learn Saturn's lessons, they may not be easy or fun, but they will benefit you for the rest of your life.

Chiron is a little planetoid that shows us "where it hurts," but where, if we stay open to those hurts, we can gain in wisdom and compassion for other people. These are valuable qualities to have.

You are in the midst of another difficult transit, which will ease off, but slowly over a period of several years: transiting Pluto opposite your sun. Saturn asks you for old-fashioned values, but Pluto is asking you to rethink your very identity from the ground up. This can be very difficult, because we can go through a period of losing our sense-of-self. If you feel this happening, please just stay open to it, as difficult as it might feel. Pluto, named for the Roman god of the underworld, metaphorically kills off things in our lives that are "dead" or "dying," but it does so to create space for new growth to take place. You may discover that there is a new you waiting to emerge, but it cannot do so, so long as you keep your current attachments.

This isn't to say you cannot find a new job during this time, because the faster-moving planets will favorably aspect your sun and 10th house planets at various times throughout the year. But please stay open to the possibility that Pluto will essentially ask you to rethink your identity as it relates to your career and life philosophy.

With your natal Pluto forming a T-square with Mars and Saturn, learning to lighten up and finding the joy in life, no matter how difficult it might seem, will be a worthwhile project.

There are some easier transits for your horoscope just now. Transiting Uranus will trine your Jupiter in your 11th house of friends, so your friendships are definitely worth focusing on at this time.

Your 5th house moon in Pisces is very well aspected. You may have more time to pursue your leisure interests, or spend to spend time with children. If your friends have children or you have some nieces or nephews, spending time with "Auntie" should be beneficial for you all.

I'm sorry that this doesn't look like a heap of good news, but these difficult times come to us all at one point or another. If you can keep your good values intact and stay a bit philosophical about all of this, you should be able to look back and see how you have become a much stronger, wiser, and experienced person in a few years time.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.