Parts of pregnancy and childbirth?

CapAquaPis

From Google Search on the topic:

Astrology and pregnancy
Pregnancy encouraging energies are most often triggered by Jupiter (expansion) and Venus (what you want). By progression, transit or solar arc, these two planets aspecting your natal chart are strongly emphasised in pregnancy. Other transits that could be looked at are the solar return for the year, transits to Ceres, the 5th house, the ruler of the 5th house. (I thought Ceres is a co-ruler of Cancer and the 4th house).

And an article on the topic:
https://www.starhearthastrology.com/post/the-astrology-of-pregnancy-and-motherhood-part-i

leomoon

I think Ceres (root word of cereal and grain) is naturally ruled by Virgo the 6th house ruler imo.

Etymology – Virgin or Young Maiden The constellation of Virgo is one of twelve that form the classical Greek Zodiac. Virgo is often depicted as a Winged Maiden holding a stalk or sheaf of wheat or some other grain in her hand.

Ceres has a great affinity to the sign of Virgo due to the Virgo constellation’s brightest star Spica being the chaff of wheat in the hand of the Virgin. As we have seen in my rundown of the Virgo decans, the Persephone theme is very strong. Darling Persephone is Ceres’ beloved daughter Kore, as she was known before Pluto ‘took’ her (Dark Star Astrology)

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I would think anyone with a Cancer in 7th is highly fertile vs the opposite sign Capricorn which is more infertile or barren. According to an internet search:

In astrology, a barren sign is a sign of the Zodiac that, according to ancient astrological tradition, is not likely to possess strong powers of procreation, i.e. they are "barren". The fourth house ... or Cancer is the most fruitful and bountiful Sign, it being the house of the Moon, and the exaltation of Jupiter.

I guess the 4th and 7th has an indication of bearing any offspring in one's life, both the IC and DSC, which are opposite of our personal houses MC and ASC.

CapAquaPis

Aries, Gemini, Leo, and Virgo are called the barren or sterile signs. Barren signs on the cusps of the 5th and 11th houses (11th being 5th to the partner). And Scorpio and esp. Capricorn in 5th and 11th have the lowest chances of fertility.

Yeah, I have a Gemini in my 11th house, a sure thing on not fathering any kids.

The signs most associated with infertility are Gemini, Leo and Capricorn. In addition, Aries, Sagittarius, and Aquarius are also believed to quite often have problems in matters of reproduction and are therefore considered "semi-barren". It's been pointed out many people with planets esp Venus, Jupiter and the Moon in Aquarius in 5th on their chart have a higher number of offspring.

leomoon

I always look to the traditional 5th house for signs of fertility or barrenness. Ruler of the 5th of our progeny/ children.

CapAquaPis

From searching on houses linked to pregnancy in (Cis-women's) natal charts: One little known part of Astrology is how it correlates to pregnancy. In a female/woman’s natal chart, the number of pregnancies she has also correlates to her 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 3rd houses. Bare in mind that this applies for the *pregnancy* meaning, miscarriages and later stage stillbirths can also be seen.

5th house - 1st pregnancy (Leo/Sun, the 4th is of the Moon).
7th house - 2nd pregnancy (Libra or Taurus/Venus or Eris?).
9th house - 3rd pregnancy (Sagittarius/Jupiter vs 4th-Cancer).
11th house - 4th pregnancy (Aquarius/Saturn or now Uranus).
3rd house - 5th pregnancy (Gemini or Virgo/Mercury or Ceres?).

And it then we start again with the 5th.

I would thought the 1st house is 5th and the 3rd is 6th said some astrologers.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

A description of pregnancies, motherhood and babies based on sun sign (hers and the babies', but horoscopes can determine her pregnancy experience).

https://www.babygaga.com/what-kind-of-pregnancy-shell-have-based-on-mom-and-babys-zodiac/

Cancer and Aquarius Moms are portrayed to not be open about sharing their pregnancies, although her natal chart's aspects could make her the opposite, and Sagittarian Moms like Aquarians would embrace pregnancy with pride.

CapAquaPis

The 12th house in our natal charts describes personal prenatal and Ascendant: birth experiences.
https://www.southfloridaastrologer....2th-house-ascendant-prenatal-experience-birth
15' Gemini in 12th, but 17' Cancer...a mixed bag, but no major astrological planets found, what about the Part of Fortune conjunct the asteroid Juno in 12th?

Gemini, Virgo or Mercury - A mother who studies about pregnancy and child rearing is often found with this placement. She takes an intellectual view of the pregnancy and wants to make sure she does everything correctly. She carefully watches her weight gain, eats correctly and educates herself all of the possible problems with the birth. The prenatal experience is pleasant and stimulating. The birth goes as planned.

Cancer or the moon - The pregnancy and birth are highly emotional for the mother. Security issues with the mother's marriage or in the mother's life in general are often found, such as, the stability of the marriage, housing or money. A focus on the home is common, whether it's remodeling or moving. The mother may feel a vague sense of worry over caring for her new child.

Halfway in the "planned pregnancy" and "troubled marriage" - my parents divorced when I was 7 years old. Mom liked her pregnancy, but she had conflicts with Dad. POF in 12th speaks of something good in the midst of crisis while conjunct Juno is of a devoted mother.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I have a 5th house Uranus (but in Scorpio), it's said to represent an unplanned, unexpected or unconventional pregnancy, but halfway in my life span, I never had children of my own and seems like it's a good thing in my income issues.

CapAquaPis

More about the house of fertility...but 1'-17' Sagittarius is in it (Jupiter-ruled) and 17-30' Scorpio (Mars-ruled) is complicated. My Vertex is in 1' Sagittarius.

5th House: This House is mainly considered for child birth and pregnancy. Malefics such as Rahu, Ketu and Saturn should not be in aspect with or present in the 5th house. Mars should not be the Lord of the 5th house. Jupiter in aspect with the 5th house is considered as extremely beneficial for childbirth.

CapAquaPis

An article from Times of India said nothing about how would Aquarius women or people handle pregnancy? They listed 11 other signs on how they would experience pregnancy. It seems a more conservative society like India might not wanna say Aquarius has a lighter, brighter and shinier view of pregnancy. Or #1 of the 13 paragraph article is what an Aquarius woman or person may have in their pregnancy journals or blogs, this goes by sun signs, and there's a theory of a mother's or woman's moon signs play half of ruling her pregnancy.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-per-your-zodiac-sign/photostory/78983086.cms

leomoon

From what I recall, its customary to call in an Astrologer to erect the chart for a newborn child in India. Complete with prayers and donations expected to the saints gods etc and appropriate gems to wear. I'd have to read my book to recall it all as I tend to move on to other interesting subjects and don't retain everything.

No one wants their baby to be born under 27-29th degree of water signs rising , Gandanta births require special prayers

https://komilla.com/lib-gandanta.html

https://www.astrologergupta.com/blog/child-prediction-by-horoscope-pregnancy-by-vedic-astrology/

Last edited:

leomoon

The child we lost (crib death called "NDE" twice, and then again with age 30 -

was born with Gandanta Rising in water.

Signifies the beginning of a (reincarnational cycle) or the end of a cycle.

Its referred to as "the Karmic Knot"
When she stopped breathing at 3 weeks old, her dad found her in time, and breathed life back into her. We had the joy of her for her entire childhood .

https://jothishi.com/gandanta-the-karmic-knot/

Gandanta Degrees

The last 3 degrees and 20 minutes of the Water Gandanta Rashi and the first 3 degrees and 20 minutes of the Fire Gandanta Rashi are the Gandanta points
. Some people take the last 4 degrees of the Water signs as Gandanta. This aligns with the first pada of the Fire signs and the last pada of the Water signs. This is the 4th pada of Revati, Ashlesha and Jyestha nakshatras and the 1st pada of Ashwini, Magha and Moola nakshatras. So, the closer a planet is to the edge of the Rashi, the more ‘knotted’ up it is going to be.

CapAquaPis

In a natal chart, 2 planets of your mother's pregnancy: Jupiter (traditional) and Uranus (modern). Jupiter is in my 3rd in Virgo while Uranus is in 5th in Scorpio squaring sun and moon in Aquarius. The 3rd house is ones' neighborhood or community, while the 5th is family and children, and in between there's the 4th of the mother.

CapAquaPis

From what I recall, its customary to call in an Astrologer to erect the chart for a newborn child in India. Complete with prayers and donations expected to the saints gods etc and appropriate gems to wear. I'd have to read my book to recall it all as I tend to move on to other interesting subjects and don't retain everything.

No one wants their baby to be born under 27-29th degree of water signs rising , Gandanta births require special prayers

https://komilla.com/lib-gandanta.html

https://www.astrologergupta.com/blog/child-prediction-by-horoscope-pregnancy-by-vedic-astrology/

You mean the Sun in 27-29' of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces...westerners find these degree to be good luck charms (the millionaire's degree). It's thought 27-29 degree suns in earth signs like Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn are "cursed"... do Indians view them the opposite? Water and Earth are also feminine signs.

leomoon

You mean the Sun in 27-29' of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces...westerners find these degree to be good luck charms (the millionaire's degree). It's thought 27-29 degree suns in earth signs like Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn are "cursed"... do Indians view them the opposite? Water and Earth are also feminine signs.

No. I meant the Rising Degree at the moment of birth. (ASC) degree. See the link posted for explanation.

And yes, Indian astrology is quite different from Tropical Western Astrology in many ways.

CapAquaPis

No. I meant the Rising Degree at the moment of birth. (ASC) degree. See the link posted for explanation.

And yes, Indian astrology is quite different from Tropical Western Astrology in many ways.

Oh...that's important to know in astrology the ascendant is the issue, not the sun sign, in determining the lucky or cursed degrees. Indian or vedic astrology is sidereal, more astronomically correct, like a 26' Aquarius sun in western or tropical or "modern" is 1' cusping Capricorn (Feb 15th are both Aquarians).

CapAquaPis

In astrology, the 22' degree of Aries, the "Virgo" degree, the sabian symbol of a pregnant woman, the 22' degree out of 360 of the whole astrological zodiac year (solar degrees). Actually, the degree of Cancer in any sign, esp. 22' in Cancer is highly fertile and same with impregnable Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter.

CapAquaPis

Neptune in Virgo in the early 1600s, 1780s-90s, and most recently the 1960s-70s like I mentioned in the thread, there's something about this placement has made many women be frank and open about pregnancy, including in those times, royals like queens and princesses held (and I kid you not): public births for all the world to see, like Elizabeth I circa 1600 and Marie Antoinette after the French Revolution, made their closest associates view the home births of their children. And now Neptune is in Pisces in the 2010s and 2020-21, there is concern on the exploitation of public births at home or on the internet, will the trend which was revived come to an end? There should be other aspects that interfere with the Neptune in Virgo which is opposite its ruling sign of Pisces to determine the current attitudes with more comfort than other times in history about giving birth, we have a lot of improved medical technology to decrease the mortality rate of pregnancy and childbirth than in our greatgrandmothers' times about a century ago or more, as the 1610s and 1790s were not the 2000s.

CapAquaPis

SimPreg is when people of both sexes pretend to or simulate pregnancy for a wide array of reasons (Cis-women and Transwomen), would these people still have indications of pregnancy on their natal charts and also in the case for Transmen and non binary persons?