Chiron return

Mia

:) Hi All

Does anyone have any information on or any experiences to share regarding the Chiron return? I have only just heard about this and I think I may be experiencing it at this time. I have been wondering why I feel the way I do at the moment and found this on the way, seems Chiron is to blame! I think it may yet turn out to be a very eventful time in my life and perhaps in a way in which I become what I was always meant to become. I certainly feel as if I'm leaving part of myself behind and am moving towards a different if more relevant me.

Has anyone else experienced this return?

Thanks
Mia

Lapis

Chiron Return

Hi all you Chiron Return folks! I went through this a couple years ago and like Kite said, there were many other transits happening at the same time and this did make it hard for me to discern what was the exact cause of what. I feel I have a much more clear understanding about my Chiron Return now, than while I was living it. Maybe that's normal for Chiron!?

The main thing that seems to become an in your face reality at this time is that.....surprise, you're not an Immortal! :p I became highly aware that I needed to do all those legal type things like get a Will etc., but not from a stance of fear but that it's just time to focus on these issues.

Chiron Return also caused me to see how at this age, this major life transit, I was beginning the process of slowly unfocusing, disengaging, from my previous intense single pointed focuse in 'life prior to 50'! It's time to enter the phase of more diffused, expanded, awareness and being. Chiron gives us the ability to move more comfortably and effortlessly between this world and the other one's from 50 on it seems. It's a wonderful sense of freedom from the previous heated, wild, intense phase of the 20's and 30's. It's like reaching the phase in our lives where we're supposed to go on a sort of spiritual retreat for the rest of our lives!

The kids are raised, the marriage, if there still is one, has leveled out nicely, work no longer is an 'identity' and a battlefield with all those hard earned 'purple hearts' :wink: We've reached that magical point where we can have a relationship with ourselves alone as we expand back into more of what we are naturally. Much like how young children are still so close to Source. This is the other end of that process or spiral cycle.

All that focused work involuting into this life is completed, and now with Chiron Return, we unfocus and start evolving back out to a larger state of being again. I think you'll see this process much better in a year or two from now. It feels rather weird at the time but really is comfortable now.

Almost forgot to mention......a really excellent book about this and the other main life transits is Liquid Light of Sex: Kundalini, Astrology, and the Key Life Transitions by Barbara Hand Clow 2001.

Mia

Chiron Return

:D Hi Kite and Lapis

Thanks for replying to my question. Kite, I got hold of the Zanestein article - absolutely fascinating and so apt as to what I've been thinking/feeling at this time and Lapis, I had been discussing with my partner a feeling of what you discribed as, 'unfocusing and disengaging' the very night before I discovered that I was going through the Chiron Return and what it was all about! I must admit, I'm not entirely comfortable with how I'm feeling at the moment (I feel disorientated and a little low) but I also feel that eventually, something good will come from it (hopefully!) I also have other Chiron stuff going on too - sextile MC.

I found several articles and one by Cathy H. Burroughs says that Chiron, found between the orbit of Saturn (tradition) and Uranus (progress) 'forms a bridge between the old and the new' and 'between the reality basis of the practical and the multi-dimensional cosmic consciousness of the outer planets. It provides a gateway forward or back whichever is deemed essential for growth'.

Another paper by Roderick Benns - Creativity and the Chiron Return - discusses 'Chiron leaving behind Saturn, symbolically as it reaches for Uranus' and comments, 'it is our very struggle to resist death that defines our creative struggle'. I am very aware at the moment of being 'caught up' in Saturnian matters: the need to earn a living- to be able to pay the bills etc. I am resenting having to do this more and more and feel quite rebelious as I do want to 'leave behind Saturn'! (my work becomes more and more stressful and my employers less and less concerned)

Melanie Reinhart comments that, ' Chiron poses the question, ''What am I going to do with this last part of my life?' and Robert Hand says, 'don't be afraid to go down new paths' at this time. (I have been feeling this way for several months now but it has become more prevalent recently) Well, about four weeks ago, I had a conversation with my niece regarding a new venture she was beginning. As those of you who have seen my other posts will know, I used to sing for a living but gave it all up and just did a few gigs here and there. I then started to write my own stuff with my partner who is a musician and we had a measure of success.

However, he became unwell with mental illness and I looked after both of us for several years. He's now back on his feet and doing wonderfully, has a good job and has his confidence back. During this time we haven't done very much musically and my work (teaching disengaged/disaffected young people) has been very time- consuming, demanding and stressful. We both have been very aware that we had been neglecting the very thing that brought us together and that we loved doing so much. Now, back to my neice's new venture!

She also sings/plays piano and she told me that she had recently begun working towards a certificate in singing.(it's a particular style of singing which is becoming more and more popular in colleges etc as a preferred style of singing) Though both of us sing and play instruments and have done the gigs etc, it's just a natural thing and we don't have any qualifications in singing. I was immediately taken by what she was telling me and the more we talked the more we realised that we could do this thing together and perhaps form a family company- teaching singing/drama etc ( I used to teach drama in FE and my son also sings/dances for a living and my sister sings too. My partner would also be fully involved in the venture and so I have also recently enrolled on to the singing course and will be qualified in 12 -18 months. Just hope I can stay with my job for as long as I need to be there without becoming ill through stress!

I know this has been a bit long-winded but I think it fits entirely with 'Chiron leaving behind Saturn symbolically reaches for Uranus'. I will have to stay with Saturn (the old and my job) to finance me through to a new freedom (Uranus) and my dream of being where I should be naturally - with my music and creativty (Uranus). It's taking a chance and it may not be as secure as the corporate world of work but it is that, 'what am I going to do with this last part of my life' and it came about without me even noticing but is taking me back I feel, to what I should be doing with my life; music is so natural to and so much part of me.

Oh, just to add, another excellent article,' BRAVE NEW WORLD: Forward into the Fifties By Brian Clark.

Thanks
Mia