Implications of "Power" figures given in simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen?

StillConfused

Implications of "Power" figures given in simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen?

Hello lovely people,

I discovered Walter Pullen's chart delineation on Astro, and I've been wondering how a power figure calculated for a planet/sign/element/mode translates in a tangible way, in real life? Not at all meaning to sound patronizing in fact one may think the answer should be obvious, but I ask for the following reasons:

1) Say we are comparing the rankings of power of Aries (random pick!) for persons A and B. I've noticed that Aries may be ranked lower in person A's list than it is in person B's list, even if Aries is assigned more "power" in person A's list.

Does this mean that person A has a stronger natal Aries influence than person B, despite also having more signs that have more power than Aries than person B? Or would person B be more Aries-like for the stronger ranking?

2) There is a "Total Power" given based on all the planets in a chart. What does this figure imply for the chart owner?

That there are different degrees of being influenced by the heavens? That some people will be more strongly influenced by the astrological signs than others? What does that mean? Would a lower power imply a person having greater free will? A person to whom more of life will be left to chance/choices/transits? Is that more or less beneficial in your opinion? Are persons with a relatively low power more lost/void, or on the contrary, does a high total power create more astrological chains, or a hair trigger personality / stronger spirit for a more intense expression of the zodiac signs?

I've noted that "Total Power" hardly equates to fame/success/talent so that's crossed off. Most celebs and personalities and artists I am very inspired by have been given by Pullen a lower total Power than myself. However, the three people I have found so far to have been given a higher total Power number are Gordon Ramsay and two people I know, and from them I get a sense of a strong conviction in their understanding of their personal needs. Could be coincidence !! Besides, wouldn't want to offend anyone with a lower total Power figure who is capable of defending personal needs just fine! I know nothing, which is why I hope to trigger responses, to get some opinions from out there.

Thoughts?

cheers, and thanks

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Re: Implications of "Power" figures given in simple chart delineation by Walter Pulle

IMO, its a simplistic system based only on what Walter Pullen thought was correct.

The alternative is a system developed by the Church of Light from 1920-1950 through a statistical comparison of active stuff in 30,000 charts using a 79 page questionnaire.

The resulting mathematical combination could not be used for another 36 years after that since it took hours of laborious calculation to make it work. But with advent of computers, all that was done in much less than a second.

This is called the Astrodyne System. I could not do astrology at the level I do it(using more than 700 asteroids, for example) without it.

StillConfused

Re: Implications of "Power" figures given in simple chart delineation by Walter Pulle

Pretty cool, but I'm still wondering - what do more or less aspects in a chart make the chart owner, in the general sense? Does having less aspects make the aspects the chart owner DOES have stronger/more felt? I ask because more aspects apparently increase the power of the planets, but I can think of a few intensely artistic and strong personalities with natal planets that seem relatively lightly aspected (general).

And also, what is the difference between having more planets in angular houses and/or conjunct major angles vs. cadent houses and/or away from angles, in the tangible sense? More conscious/usable expression of the planets? I also read a little something about the Aries Point so maybe angularity is just a push towards outward/public success? Thanks to astro.com I saw that Gauquelin actually considers cadent houses to be made up of positive sectors ..

Moog

Pretty cool, but I'm still wondering - what do more or less aspects in a chart make the chart owner, in the general sense? Does having less aspects make the aspects the chart owner DOES have stronger/more felt? I ask because more aspects apparently increase the power of the planets, but I can think of a few intensely artistic and strong personalities with natal planets that seem relatively lightly aspected (general).

Personally, I feel there is no value in tallying up the number of aspects and drawing any conclusions from it.

An aspect shows an influence of a planet to another planet or horoscopic point, such as house cusps.

what do more or less aspects in a chart make the chart owner, in the general sense?

So nothing, in my opinon.

And also, what is the difference between having more planets in angular houses and/or conjunct major angles vs. cadent houses and/or away from angles, in the tangible sense? More conscious/usable expression of the planets?

Yes, that is commonly held to be true in most traditional astrologies; planets in the angles are more 'accessible' to the native, and therefore more readily manifest through the person, or into the person's life.

Thanks to astro.com I saw that Gauquelin actually considers cadent houses to be made up of positive sectors ..

Personally, I've never been very satisfied with my own research into Gauquelin's research; to be able to draw any hard and fast conclusions.

StillConfused

Planets in the angles are more 'accessible' to the native, and therefore more readily manifest through the person, or into the person's life.

Thanks, second house Taurus Mercury opposite Pluto makes astrology research complicated (for better, I think), but I've never read that expressed so clearly. Or I just might have read that before and now it seems different. LOL. I've noticed that with astrology I require a lot of repetition.

And thanks for your opinion about the effect of the number of aspects.

Alice McDermott

Personally, I've never been very satisfied with my own research into Gauquelin's research; to be able to draw any hard and fast conclusions.

Hi Moog

With this research you need to check that the births you are using are all following the natural cycle i.e. not medically assisted in any way e.g. inductions, including the water being broken, C-sections and sometimes forceps delivery.

If there is medically assistance the charts will not respond to the Gauquelin system as the natural cycle has been interfered with.

I think this is the reason subsequent tests of this system have not yielded the same results.

Alice