Will he accept a date with me?

ALST123

Hi,

I was wondering whether the guy I like would accept a date with me now that we are Facebook friends. I wondered whether some good honest communication would produce good results.

astro_2gw_290_would_he_accept_a_date_hr_63734_23293.gif

I see a fairly lukewarm chart. Good points are:-

a) Moon (me/situation) will conjunct Mars in his h1 (on his turf).
b) Merc (him) will trine Jup (me).
c) Merc will trine AC (me).
d) Merc will sextile Mars (end of matter)

Unfortunately, mutual reception & dignities seems weak.
e) Merc will be dignified & exhalted very soon (enters virgo). He's attractive & powerful, and perhaps able to act on this more.
f) Jupiter exhalts Moon (am I thinking with my heart?).
g) Jupiter (me) dignifies Venus h5 ruler (I really want a date!).
h) Moon receives Merc (him) - he has the power in this situation, I feel a lot for him.
i) Venus (me) is combust. Merc is other side of the sun. I don't even think he can "see" me at the moment. I am shy about asking (combust), the Summer Hols (Sun) are getting in the way of my being near him and they will last 6 weeks (Sun/Venus 6 degrees apart).
j) Sun also about to square Jupiter - another indication that those hols are proving a big obstacle.

k) Another point of note is that when Moon conjuncts Mars it will be on the S. node (not a good sign either). Isn't that the point of "undoing"? Or something like that?

Any comments appreciated. Is the chart just telling me that it's poor timing?

Thanks, A :)

DiDi

I just realised i answered the wrong chart sorry
( I have a bad headcold and should stay away from the computer)

I think you will have contact but i dont know about a date your ruler jupiter will square mercury him and it has a few road blocks before going on to that square.

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-you = 1st house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-he = 7th house = Gemini = Mercury
-his accepting of dates (pleasurable get togethers, romantic endeavors) = 5th from the 7th = Libra = Venus
-you have the Luck Strike North Node in your house (1st house) = + testimony
-he, unfortunately, has the South Node in his house, which indicates some problems IN HIM (NOT relative to YOU) which could interfere in this question = - testimony
-the benefic (yes benefic) Saturn (direct, in its exaltation, in a Bright Degree) posits his house of romance (and YOUR house of friends) = + testimony (indicates also potential for long term friendship-or more)
-your co-significator, the Moon, posits his signifying house and flows toward both his significator, Mercury, and the significator of his house of romance, Venus = + testimony
-you (Jupiter) is in no aspect with either Mercury (my orb is only 5 degrees) or Venus = - testimony
-Mercury and Venus flow away from Jupiter = - testimony
-you (Jupiter) are in azimene degree of Taurus which indicates some kind of handicap IN YOU (or with your expressing yourself) to him, perhaps some kind of inability on your part to really communicate to him in a way he can clearly understand, OR in a way that he won't MISUNDERSTAND; this is a significant indication in this chart, perhaps the MOST important consideration; in any event this = - testimony
-his significator, Mercury is ALSO in azimene degree of Leo-so HE also has some kind of handicap to really communicate with YOU, as well = - testimony

Results:
Positive = +3 testimonies
Negative = -5 testimonies
Net = -2 testimonies

So with a net -2 testimonies, current indications are that he will probably not accept a date with you; HOWEVER, note that the 2 azimene degrees-one for him and one for you-make up the net -2 testimonies score: overcome these, and its a toss-up about his accepting a date with you; clearly with the 2 significators in azimene degrees, shows you what you need to work on, to overcome-and its in the area of correct communication with him, and realizing also that HE has a handicap in correctly communicating back to you.

Overcome these handicaps, and yes he will accept a date with you that might lead to much more.

Anachiel

Here is my take on this.

I think you should always feel confident to express your mind and go after what you want. However, right off the bat, I think you need to develop more of a rapport with him if you expect any reciprocity.
Here is why I say this:

The primary significators are:
You = Jupiter
Him = Mercury
Co-Significator you = Moon
Co-signficator him = Mars
Secondary significators Saturn for you and Mars, again for him.
Also, the Sun for him and Venus for you as minor significators.

Moon applies to Mars, but with no reception on his part and only a weak face dignity on your part.

Mercury is about to go retrograde and is also about to change signs, Something about this timing is not good. He has some major change or moves or something like that happening for him at this time. Might not be the best time for him to try something or someone new.

As for the other sigs; Sun is about to square Jupiter but, wihtout reception. Again, this won't work unless you have more rapport with him.
Saturn and Mars have no aspects, and Venus is about to change signs at which point she would be combust and overwhelmed with the contact.

So, you need to get to know this guy more, develop a working online (or whatever) relationship before I see that dating question being a possibility, for now.

In short, allow him to develop interest in you and you to develop insight into him.

Blessings,
Anachiel

ALST123

I just realised i answered the wrong chart sorry
( I have a bad headcold and should stay away from the computer)

I think you will have contact but i dont know about a date your ruler jupiter will square mercury him and it has a few road blocks before going on to that square.

Sorry to hear you're poorly :) Thanks for your reply...

Hmmm, we do seem to always have plenty of obstacles against us getting together. It's very strange. I've never had a prospective relationship with so many of them before.

ALST123

Here is my take on this.

I think you should always feel confident to express your mind and go after what you want. However, right off the bat, I think you need to develop more of a rapport with him if you expect any reciprocity.
Here is why I say this:

The primary significators are:
You = Jupiter
Him = Mercury
Co-Significator you = Moon
Co-signficator him = Mars
Secondary significators Saturn for you and Mars, again for him.
Also, the Sun for him and Venus for you as minor significators.

Moon applies to Mars, but with no reception on his part and only a weak face dignity on your part.

Mercury is about to go retrograde and is also about to change signs, Something about this timing is not good. He has some major change or moves or something like that happening for him at this time. Might not be the best time for him to try something or someone new.

As for the other sigs; Sun is about to square Jupiter but, wihtout reception. Again, this won't work unless you have more rapport with him.
Saturn and Mars have no aspects, and Venus is about to change signs at which point she would be combust and overwhelmed with the contact.

So, you need to get to know this guy more, develop a working online (or whatever) relationship before I see that dating question being a possibility, for now.

In short, allow him to develop interest in you and you to develop insight into him.

Blessings,
Anachiel

Thank you for your reply, A.

I know what you mean about getting to know each other more. I know this seems weird, but it just feels like we are an incredibly strong force in each other's lives. He calls me "The Great" as an epithet and I think he's one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

It's funny you mention timing. A psychic said that a few months ago aswell. She said he's been put here to "make me happy" and is very into me, but it's just timing that's the problem. It's almost like it's been put on hold for the time being.

He has been an exceedingly difficult person to get to know due to concerns about professional compromise. It has been very hard to persevere. I just can't escape the feeling that something more is meant to happen here. That we are really very important features of each other's lives. It's hard to know what to do about it. I think he sometimes tries to put a lid on it and keep it in a box. He won't admit it to himself, but its becoming harder and harder for him to stay cool.

ALST123

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-his accepting of dates (pleasurable get togethers, romantic endeavors) = 5th from the 7th = Libra = Venus
-he, unfortunately, has the South Node in his house, which indicates some problems IN HIM (NOT relative to YOU) which could interfere in this question = - testimony
-the benefic (yes benefic) Saturn (direct, in its exaltation, in a Bright Degree) posits his house of romance (and YOUR house of friends) = + testimony (indicates also potential for long term friendship-or more)
-your co-significator, the Moon, posits his signifying house and flows toward both his significator, Mercury, and the significator of his house of romance, Venus = + testimony
-you (Jupiter) is in no aspect with either Mercury (my orb is only 5 degrees) or Venus = - testimony
-you (Jupiter) are in azimene degree of Taurus which indicates some kind of handicap IN YOU (or with your expressing yourself) to him, perhaps some kind of inability on your part to really communicate to him in a way he can clearly understand, OR in a way that he won't MISUNDERSTAND; this is a significant indication in this chart, perhaps the MOST important consideration; in any event this = - testimony
-his significator, Mercury is ALSO in azimene degree of Leo-so HE also has some kind of handicap to really communicate with YOU, as well = - testimony

Results:
Net = -2 testimonies

So with a net -2 testimonies, current indications are that he will probably not accept a date with you; HOWEVER, note that the 2 azimene degrees-one for him and one for you-make up the net -2 testimonies score: overcome these, and its a toss-up about his accepting a date with you; clearly with the 2 significators in azimene degrees, shows you what you need to work on, to overcome-and its in the area of correct communication with him, and realizing also that HE has a handicap in correctly communicating back to you.

Overcome these handicaps, and yes he will accept a date with you that might lead to much more.

Thanks, Dr Farr :)

It's amazing how you really manage to capture the essence of a situation. I am particularly drawn by 2 things in your interp:-

a) Venus representing his acceptance of dates. She (I always consider Venus to be feminine) is combust. If I asked him, he would be shy, embarrassed. He might not be able even to respond. And yet, at the same time, I get the feeling he would consider me a "hot date" (Venus/Sun) and would have "the hots" for me etc.

b) The azimene degrees. Yes, communication is a HUGE problem between us. For 2 quite loquatious and verbose individuals, we become tongue-tied when together. I can hardly string a sentence together, let alone express the maelstrom of feelings that are wheeling their way around my head. I don't want to frighten him off, or seem like a mental woman, or come on too strong etc. I don't want him to feel professionally compromised etc, etc. And yet - it feels like our relationship is meant to be something completely different. That it's meant to be romantic and one of soul-mates. "The one" kinda stuff.

I think he feels the same, but is trying to keep a lid on it or not come across as weird either. He hugged me for the first time 5 days ago to say goodbye for the Summer. I didn't expect it and had become quite chippy and cutting with him due to being so angry that he hadn't allowed anything to happen yet, or hadn't picked up my romantic vibes etc. The hug was surprisingly tender and long-lasting. I think he even rested his face on top of my head and rubbed my back. It was like he needed me and was trying to tell me that he was sorry and that he did really have feelings for me. It has lingered with me since, causing me to dwell on the memory of it, especially as he then became my facebook friend and wrote me a lovely card thanking me for my help.

I'm not sure what to do next. Last weekend, I was contemplating the idea of asking him on a date (hence this question) as it seemed the logical next step to me. As time is passing, I am becoming less confident. I sent a facebook message thanking him for the present and especially the hug. I thought he would reply and we could then move on to arranging a date as more of a mutual thought process. I am surprised that he hasn't actually replied, and am wondering whether he is just tending to his own holiday business, busying around, thinking that he'll see me next when we go back to work in September. Again, I am thrown. Confused as to what is actually going on... As you said, communication is the key...

In the meantime, I have a couple of dates to go on during the holidays with a couple of people, one of whom is a barrel of fun... I just cannot take my mind off him, though. He has got me hook, line and sinker... How can you tell someone that though and not fail? How do I solve this communication problem?

Thanks for your help.

A beleaguered, Ax. :sad:

ALST123

Results:
Net = -2 testimonies

Dr Farr, just wondering but isn't the fact that Venus signifies his acceptance of dates a + testimony in itself? If that is correct, then the results would be a -1 testimony? Just a thought...

dr. farr

Yes I understand what you are saying re to Venus, and yes, it COULD be regarded in and of itself as a + testimony (I tend not to because I tend to be very "strict"-on myself-in my alternative delineations) This horary isn't really a "negative" one-it points to a number of negative influences which must be overcome for things to open up in a positive direction.

ALST123

Yes I understand what you are saying re to Venus, and yes, it COULD be regarded in and of itself as a + testimony (I tend not to because I tend to be very "strict"-on myself-in my alternative delineations) This horary isn't really a "negative" one-it points to a number of negative influences which must be overcome for things to open up in a positive direction.

That's very much the essence of the situation, Dr Farr. Thanks. You seem to have a special gift, there :) When we are with each other, negative clouds do indeed seem to descend on us, causing a bit of a fog (neptune-like). It's hard to see the wood for the trees. :pinched:

ALST123

What about the Magic 8 Ball here. Is that Venus, too? (House = 5th from 7th, Libra is house cups --> Venus = Yes)?

Not used that technique before :)

Serendipity

What about the Magic 8 Ball here. Is that Venus, too? (House = 5th from 7th, Libra is house cups --> Venus = Yes)?

Not used that technique before :)

Why would you use 5th from the 7th? 5th is sex. Umm unless you're asking about that.
I think dating would still be the 7th and whole signs that'd be Mercury.
I think Mercury is still a yes though for 8 ball
I'm traditional horarist but somewhat intrigued by the magic 8 ball theory

misskitty

No, no.... the 5th is not sex. There is no traditional house that represents sex because the ancient horarists believe it was too base a topic to be bothered with horary. The 5th is children. The reason she is trying to use it here is because Dr. Farr uses the non-traditional method of taking the 5th house to represent romantic feelings. But again, that is not traditional horary.

tikana

why are you guys dancing around this chart????

it is pretty obvious the chart is pointing to NO... and if you compare the 1st chart to this one it seems that 1st chart was misleading. She was asking in 1st chart "will he accept me in FB" where in her heart she was asking "does he like me?" i am getting really tired of misleading questions.. ask WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND!

answer is NO

Moon conjunts Mars his 5th house (i am rpetty sure there is someone in his life) Venus coming out of 7th in to 8th is pointing thatsomeone was or still in his life .. Whatever Mars is is interference

T

Serendipity

Moon conjunts Mars his 5th house (i am rpetty sure there is someone in his life) Venus coming out of 7th in to 8th is pointing thatsomeone was or still in his life .. Whatever Mars is is interference

Question... does the last aspect of the moon before it leaves gemini count?

tikana

Question... does the last aspect of the moon before it leaves gemini count?

Nope... Mars is interference

Also notice that mercury enter virgo and retreives - i am thinking he is going back to someone
there is no reception between him and her
moon is in barren gemini sign in 6th house

did i mention that venus is void? aand about to enter combustion? what romance?

Last edited:

Serendipity

Yeah I didnt bother even looking at Merc and Jup. Merc is about to turn retro next week I believe. I thought perhaps maybe the Moon aspecting Merc is the querent asking the quesited on the date.But yeah you're right Moon is not in good shape.
Maybe I'm old fashioned (or just plain old) but what happened to the men pursuing the women

dr. farr

Yes Venus on the 5th from 7th, as well as Mercury as mentioned by Serendipity, each would indicate a "yes" answer by the Magic 8 Ball. Remember, though, that I would back my more in depth delineation by Primary Ankara, which indicates a no answer UNLESS adjustments relative to communications between the querent and quesited, are made.

Really looking forward to updates here!

Serendipity: remember that old saying, "man pursues the woman until she catches him"...maybe its always been that way?!

Last edited:

Serendipity

Serendipity: remember that old saying, "man pursues the woman until she catches him"...maybe its always been that way?!

I think the men should be the ones who pursue. I've always thought that.

ALST I don't think you should ask this guy out. If he really wanted to date you he would ask you. There isn't anything that would stop him.

misskitty

Tik- that's exactly why I didn't answer this horary. Both questions are misleading I even said that in the FB question thread. Also, I agree with serendipity. Stop pursuing. You basically embarrased the guy into accepting your friend request and now you want to push him for a date. If he likes you he would have already found a way.