Is this a yod?? Not shure if its a true yod? Help please!!

jaz84

Hi everyone ! It is assumed that a yod is formed by two quincunx and a base sextile. According to the Yod book by K. Zondag, a yod is formed between three planets in different elements,modes and that the planet at the top is of a different polarity than the base two.
Now, I finda yod in my chart that responds to the two quincuncios and the sextile (the top exact oposite to de midpoint) , but two of the planets are of the same element and mode. Is it a yod or isn't it a yod? I don't know how to interpret it. Here the configuration:
Mercury in gemini house VIII
base
Pluto in Libra house I
Neptune in Capricorn house III

It should be clarified that pluto is retrograde in grade 29 35 11 Libra
I understand that mercury is playing an important role since I am from gemini and it is in its sign besides being the axis of the yod, and that it has some kind of affinity with pluto since this is in house 1 Libra (Libra is my ascendant) Now, what role does neptune play in this configuration?
I always felt neptune as a planet with which I don't have much affinity. And somehow I suspect and interpret in this configuration, that mercury represents my self and pluto and neptune are like that little angel and devil, like in cartoons:innocent::devil:, that appear one on each shoulder talking to you in the ear. As if one brought me problems and the other opportunities. Anyway, I would appreciate your opinion on that, since I am not sure if it is a true yod at all.Could it be that my pluto is more scorpio than Libra?it would make a lot more sense
Thank you !

Attachments

• carta natal pdf.pdf
    111.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

katydid

Yes, it is a true Yod. And very powerful for a few reasons. One, it is very tight in orb. Yod's do not work effectively unless they are very small orbs, such as this one.

Two, the apex is a fast moving planet, sandwiched by the sextile between the two outer planets. I find these yods to be very inspirational and personal.

And as you point out, you are a Gemini, and the Yod is to Mercury. So Mercury is a vital planet to a perceptive, fast thinking Gemini. :cool:

Neptune/Pluto midpoint is something for you to study, astrologically. Read as much as you can about that duo.

Your Mercury, which represents your mind and your ability to express your thoughts, is at the midpoint of Neptune/Pluto, which is a difficult but transformative place to be.

Look how different those two energies are---The Neptunian realm of compassion and the intuitive artistic impulses, meets up with the Plutonian intensity of obsession, and the urge for transformation. :ninja:

So in effect, you may confuse people initially, as your first instinct may be to look at all sides and be open to everything, as you begin to sort things out. Then you logically, cooly, get to the truth, and can be very convincing and persuasive.

http://john-sandbach.blogspot.com/2010/12/planets-activating-neptunepluto.html

Planets activating the Neptune/Pluto midpoint

Principle: To tap into or be affected by extreme subtleties. The process of refining and transforming energy. Tremendous often overpowering imaginings. Obsessive imaginings and visions. Hallucinations. Profoundly deep idealism. Supernatural occurrences. To be transformed and evolved by one's visions.

Process: Pressure that forces outside the physical realm exert on one for the purpose of furthering one's evolution. The intensification of confusion which impels one eventually toward clarity.

Mercury: One who communicates with great subtlety, which, of course, may be lost on other people. The communication of intense and powerful fantasies. Thinking which is extremely confused.

Last edited:

katydid

I want to add, to answer your question about Pluto being at 29 Libra, and being in Scorpio, to form the Yod....

The further most outer planets in an aspect, are not as dependent upon the sign as the personal planets are.

[Thus Pluto is Pluto and Neptune is Neptune, no matter the signs involved. It is coloured by the signs, but a Neptune/Pluto sextile forming a yod will have an impact no matter if Pluto is in late Libra or early Scorpio.]

jaz84

Your Mercury, which represents your mind and your ability to express your thoughts, is at the midpoint of Neptune/Pluto, which is a difficult but transformative place to be.

Thank you very much for your answer ! It clarifies many things to me.
What I have been reading so far about the Yods is that they bring a great deal of restlessness, distrust and nonconformity. As the sensation whenever it is not enough, of the constant search. I read that this is because in yods we have three planets of different nature, that's why I was confused by the fact that in my yod, two of the planets share mode and element.
Apparently channeling the yod energy through art is a good way out. Since I am an artist, I feel I can transform quite a lot and put all my obsession in art, but I keep trying to decipher that sense of uncertainty and constant mental restlessness.
Apparently, from what I read, and when Pluto is involved in a configuration, we tend to face drastic life changes or find ourselves involved in complicated situations. Not very encouraging to say!

Last edited:

jaz84

The further most outer planets in an aspect, are not as dependent upon the sign as the personal planets are.

]

And what can you tell me about the houses? Should I investigate where they are located, or do I only focus on the relationship between these three planets?