Does Venus Conjunct North Node = Unrequited Love?

astrology02

I recently met a man whose venus conjuncts my north node.

When we first met there was this instant connection...I felt like we just understood each other. Also there was this overwhelming feeling of love.

I met him while travelling and there is this uneasy feeling because we live in different countries & we speak different languages. So as much as I love him & want to be with him..there are cultural/language barriers.

I feel like on one hand we are meant to be & nothing can stop us...but when I think rationally I get uneasy and doubts fill my mind.

Is venus conjunct north node the aspect of unrequited love?

and is it the venus person or the north node person who doesn't love the other person?

Thank you for any help!! I would love to hear other people's experiences with this aspect :)

astrology02

For me unrequited love would mean that one person does not feel as much love as the other...an imbalance.

Also that unrequited love makes it impossible for a relationship to happen because maybe I (as the north node person) am not ready to embrace the other person's venus qualities. As much as I adore them, it makes me uneasy?

**Edit: I think I made a mistake...unrequited love would be represented by SOUTH node conjunct venus in synastry...not the north node.***

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Are you asking about a synastry chart where Venus in one chart is conjuncting the node in the other chart?

IMO, it depends on the charts. While there might be a general configuration here, it depends in my estimation on the power and friction of the planet involved and to position of the node itself. Noel Tyl in his book Astrology of Intimacy, Sexuality, and Relationship describes this on pages 53-56. He calls it "needs we don't understand".

But he doesn't talk about unrequited love. IMO, that's where a look at the actual synastry is important. If its his Venus on your node, and his Venus is high friction, or very low power, and its placement is in a high friction or low power house, then while you may feel the intense "made in heaven" feelings, he may not beyond a certain place and certain time.

Once again, astrology is incredibly complex and requires looking at individual chart or synastric charts. There is no "one size fits all" in astrology.

astrology02

Thank you for the insight!! It is my north node at 25 degrees aquarius conjunct his venus at 23 degrees aquarius.

Also my sun-moon midpoint in cancer conjunct his moon (1 degree) and square his sun (3 degree)

His sun-moon midpoint is square my sun and square my north node & vertex.

Also his north node conjunct my mars (1 degree)

so I guess you could say this is a very karmic bond. But like you said...I am not sure how far it will go. The love is there, but I just don't know if the bond will last.

In my past experience north node conjunctions have been very powerful & in a way you are tied to that other person without knowing why?

And the sun-moon midpoint contacts have not necessarily indicated longevity but have always changed my life in some way :) So I think this relationship will be life changing...if only for a little while.

virgo18

When we first met there was this instant connection...I felt like we just understood each other. Also there was this overwhelming feeling of love.

I met him while travelling and there is this uneasy feeling because we live in different countries & we speak different languages. So as much as I love him & want to be with him..there are cultural/language barriers.

I feel like on one hand we are meant to be & nothing can stop us...but when I think rationally I get uneasy and doubts fill my mind.

and is it the venus person or the north node person who doesn't love the other person?

Thank you for any help!! I would love to hear other people's experiences with this aspect :)

Hey I really don't think that synastry aspects has something to do with unrequited love. That's more about physical attraction, and what you both want in your life. Its definitely a personal thing. Synastry is just a plus.

waybread

For sure look at the rest of your synastry! Traveling can kindle romance because neither party has much responsibility, and it's not as though irritating habits or lifelong problems will be uppermost with travel contacts. This doesn't mean that this relationship will or will not work out, but there is probably a lot that you don't know about each other; and the relationships between your paired suns, moons, venus-mars, and their inter-aspects are very important.

Your NN is where your growth lies. You are probably attracted to this man because his Venus symbolizes something that you instinctively know is helpful to your personal growth.

For me unrequited love would mean that one person does not feel as much love as the other...an imbalance.

Also that unrequited love makes it impossible for a relationship to happen because maybe I (as the north node person) am not ready to embrace the other person's venus qualities. As much as I adore them, it makes me uneasy?

**Edit: I think I made a mistake...unrequited love would be represented by SOUTH node conjunct venus in synastry...not the north node.***

Are you sure that one's own south node in conjunction with the partner's venus is = unrequited love? I am fond of someone myself, and in our synastry chart his venus is in a conjunction with my south node but his moon and pluto are also in conjunction with my north node - would that then 50/50 for something positive?

astrology02

Are you sure that one's own south node in conjunction with the partner's venus is = unrequited love? I am fond of someone myself, and in our synastry chart his venus is in a conjunction with my south node but his moon and pluto are also in conjunction with my north node - would that then 50/50 for something positive?

I think the moon conjunct north node is a very powerful synastry aspect...in my experience (and this is only my personal experience) so I am not sure how yours will play out. But I had venus conjunct south node and it was an overwhelming feeling of love...like we just "got" each other. I never felt so comfortable with someone. Then all of the sudden they said the feeling had faded for them...and i was left heartbroken. But because you have the moon conjunct north node that may represent an entirely different situation.

I can totally relate to it... i had this aspect with a Scorp dude from n. Ireland, his late Virgo Venus was on my late Virgo NN, and the configuration was conjunct my Libra Asc, and my Sat in 7H was opp his Venus too (ayayay...)

We had a thing, i liked him (we talked thru social apps)... then he randomly deleted & avoided me after leading me on and lying to me about liking me (*******), and i wasnt gonna take it, like the vindictive chick i am, i told all my buddies on BBM to go after him, and give him abuse. I was so happy about it.

I hate men who are pathological liars and players. I do this evil stuff to them and people who i hate deeply too. (Pluto in the 3rd & Sun sq. Pluto, just shows how evil i can be.)

Id say yea. I hear that it's too early to be starting a relationship in this lifetime between the people involved, as this synastry aspect manifests in fwbs, things, or unrequited love.

ardentika

I am the Venus person to a NN person and I can say I admire this person so much I'm terrified to tell them how much I adore them. The intimacy scares me , so at times its easier for me to runaway but the pull is strong cos my Venus is conj my natal NN. So it's scary but..I want it haha.

And often times I aam the one with unrequited love. So I guess.. it a fun thing to see the other perspective.

lilithontop

I am the Venus person to a NN person and I can say I admire this person so much I'm terrified to tell them how much I adore them. The intimacy scares me , so at times its easier for me to runaway but the pull is strong cos my Venus is conj my natal NN. So it's scary but..I want it haha.

And often times I aam the one with unrequited love. So I guess.. it a fun thing to see the other perspective.

Interesting you say that, as I am the SN person (idk about NN composite), but I thought I felt the most pain and recognized the connection more...

thelivingsky

I agree with McKnight that it is generally a very favorable aspect. However context always matters when interpreting a single aspect. For instance If you have this nice Venus/n.Node conjunction but it squares other very difficult things, then it may not be enough to overcome the challenges thees other aspects.

So post the charts if you can. Both synastry chart and a composite chart, and I will give you some better, deeper analysis. Often times that instant feeling of ease or sympatico happens when there is a very strong aspect to the Sun in the composite such as a stellium with the Sun or Sun trine the Moon.