Should I meet this old friend?

poyi

Premium Member
I had an old high school friend found me on LinkedIn few months ago. She is traveling in Australia, several times, she tried to make contact with me wanting to meet me before she returning back to Hong Kong. So again last night she sent me messages wanting to meet me next month.

Since it has been a very long time, the last memories I had about her not particularity memorable. For some reasons she always seem to like me a lot and I was her only friend during the high school years. She did look for me throughout the years obviously. She is a Capricorn Sun girl perhaps somehow her Sun in close contact to my natal Moon in Capricorn in 5th. For a long time I suspected that she might been a lesbian.

So with a lot of uncertainty I asked the Horary question. My concern is although Moon my ruler about to conjunct Saturn, Moon in Fall and Saturn is not exactly a good sign to make contact with for Moon for being her detriment. Moon parallel Saturn. Sun actually severely combusted Mercury at 7th house but will enter Cazimi soon, Mercury ruling over 3rd and 12th.

Saturn seem to only want to make contact with Moon. With outer planet Uranus, I can see the chart also saying myself rather distance about this request. Although will soon conjunct Saturn that also meaning detachment. Both Moon and Saturn are contra parallel to POF AND in declination parallel to South node. I take these as a clear "No".

I would like to confirm and hear different opinions.

Many Thanks!

astro_2gw_321_should_i_meet_this_old_friend.34162.61654.jpg

ognjenka

I think you won't meet. Your planets aren't interested for each other, and Moon will meet Jupiter first. Jupiter is ruler of 6th and 9th, maybe a note about something (problem/accident... something ruled by 6th) will prevent your meeting.

poyi

Premium Member
I think you won't meet. Your planets aren't interested for each other, and Moon will meet Jupiter first. Jupiter is ruler of 6th and 9th, maybe a note about something (problem/accident... something ruled by 6th) will prevent your meeting.

Interesting. Thank you for your reply. I think myself as the Moon is clearly not interested. I was going to use my work and cat sitting as excuses :lol:. I have to feed my workmate's cat on top of that I will be doing night shifts for another month. During the day I just want to sleep and stay home. By evening I have to go over my workmate's place to feed her cat. At the present moment, not sure about the oversea bit. At the moment she is still in Tasmania will arrive to Sydney next month and wanting to meet me in Canberra. So that will be the oversea part, as Tasmania is the southern part of Australia which still requires traveling by the sea/plane. 6th would be her 12th house, the 9th would be her 3rd house.

So I might just wait and see what she said. I have not replied to her yet. Personally, since I didn't have contact with her for at least 15 years now only few months ago she found me and sent me few messages, really like meeting a completed stranger. No positive gut feelings.

poyi

Premium Member
Also the End of Matter 4th house in Libra, IC conjoining Spica, however, Venus in Capricorn is actually unaspected and Rx. Not sure how to interpret but interesting features.

ognjenka

Interesting. Thank you for your reply. I think myself as the Moon is clearly not interested. I was going to use my work and cat sitting as excuses :lol:. I have to feed my workmate's cat on top of that I will be doing night shifts for another month. During the day I just want to sleep and stay home. By evening I have to go over my workmate's place to feed her cat. At the present moment, not sure about the oversea bit. At the moment she is still in Tasmania will arrive to Sydney next month and wanting to meet me in Canberra. So that will be the oversea part, as Tasmania is the southern part of Australia which still requires traveling by the sea/plane. 6th would be her 12th house, the 9th would be her 3rd house.

So I might just wait and see what she said. I have not replied to her yet. Personally, since I didn't have contact with her for at least 15 years now only few months ago she found me and sent me few messages, really like meeting a completed stranger. No positive gut feelings.

Well, it makes sense. All things ruled by 6th (12th) and 9th (3rd). Keep us updated :)

Cap

You - Moon in 4th in Scorpio (Via Combusta)

Your friend (11th) - Venus in 7th in Capricorn (retrograde - from the past)

If I understood correctly, the question is not "Will I meet this old friend?" as in "Will this event happen?". The question is "Should I meet this old friend?" as in "Is this a good idea to meet her?"

Bonatti considered that the question with Moon Via Combusta will not go well and is an automatically negative testimony. Moon Via Combusta shows some kind of emotional distress and turmoil on your behalf regarding the question. This can also indicate unpredictable behavior.

If we include Part of Spirit (your will, motivation, determination) the picture is more clear. POS falls at 0 SCO, dispositor and almuten is Mars in its detriment, you are not eager to proceed with situation in question.

Other than that, I would judge this question solely on receptions. Moon and Venus are in signs of each others detriment. So, meeting between these two will be awkward, they will not accept each other well.

So, answer is NO, you shouldn't.

Marinka

I use a different method of horary which uses all the planets and the moon is used to identify the question. This is a whole sign based method.

First - I don't think that this will conclude easily as the Moon is in what is sometimes called the "Fiery Path" which is an area of Libra and into Scorpio that had been associated with many "not so nice" fixed stars. This typically has the same meanings as a conjunction with Uranus. With that in mind, think unexpected and maybe uncontrollable and therefore, best to be prepared that this may take a turn you did not expect.

- The moon is falling in the 5th house (whole signs) and as such, the note that you made about her possibly being a lesbian seems to have a bearing on the question.

- Sign on first house house is Cancer with ruler moon. Looking to Moon aspects, will hit Jupiter which is retrograde and rules the 6th of service and unemployment. Could she drop in when you are working? Maybe she is sick and needs advice? This could be that she needs help from you - maybe wants you to recommend her for employment.

- Moon will conjunct Saturn and Saturn could be a symbol for "past" being relationships and such. This is in the future ... so it looks like something will happen. Saturn rules the 7th of relationships and open enemies.

- The last aspect before Moon goes VOC is the sextile to Venus and this aspect indicates a closing with Venus ruling the 11th of friendships and the 4th of endings. Venus is retrograde so while it is a sextile angle, I would expect that this is not going to be a "budding friendship" rather, a closure .. at least for this time.

poyi

Premium Member
You - Moon in 4th in Scorpio (Via Combusta)

Your friend (11th) - Venus in 7th in Capricorn (retrograde - from the past)

If I understood correctly, the question is not "Will I meet this old friend?" as in "Will this event happen?". The question is "Should I meet this old friend?" as in "Is this a good idea to meet her?"

Bonatti considered that the question with Moon Via Combusta will not go well and is an automatically negative testimony. Moon Via Combusta shows some kind of emotional distress and turmoil on your behalf regarding the question. This can also indicate unpredictable behavior.

If we include Part of Spirit (your will, motivation, determination) the picture is more clear. POS falls at 0 SCO, dispositor and almuten is Mars in its detriment, you are not eager to proceed with situation in question.

Other than that, I would judge this question solely on receptions. Moon and Venus are in signs of each others detriment. So, meeting between these two will be awkward, they will not accept each other well.

So, answer is NO, you shouldn't.

Thank you for correcting the focus of the question. I used the 7th as the other person. But clearly 11th also showing clear cut result.

poyi

Premium Member
Ever since she found me through search I found a bit weird and for that many years she actually looked for me. Even when I was in high school already felt that she was a bit odd. Now with many years of lost contact I have no faith abou it.

Yes the reason I asked because I feel unsafe about it. She literally came all the way for holiday. She tried to meet me in June. I was only just getting back from oversea holiday then again yesterday. I am surprised she is still in Australia and changed her flight etc to see me. Is truly over the board. I would be able to take it better if she have easier contact with me for a while before pushing for face to face meeting several times. It seem a bit obsessive. Even she is a female that is something not right about it.

poyi

Premium Member
I use a different method of horary which uses all the planets and the moon is used to identify the question. This is a whole sign based method.

First - I don't think that this will conclude easily as the Moon is in what is sometimes called the "Fiery Path" which is an area of Libra and into Scorpio that had been associated with many "not so nice" fixed stars. This typically has the same meanings as a conjunction with Uranus. With that in mind, think unexpected and maybe uncontrollable and therefore, best to be prepared that this may take a turn you did not expect.

- The moon is falling in the 5th house (whole signs) and as such, the note that you made about her possibly being a lesbian seems to have a bearing on the question.

- Sign on first house house is Cancer with ruler moon. Looking to Moon aspects, will hit Jupiter which is retrograde and rules the 6th of service and unemployment. Could she drop in when you are working? Maybe she is sick and needs advice? This could be that she needs help from you - maybe wants you to recommend her for employment.

- Moon will conjunct Saturn and Saturn could be a symbol for "past" being relationships and such. This is in the future ... so it looks like something will happen. Saturn rules the 7th of relationships and open enemies.

- The last aspect before Moon goes VOC is the sextile to Venus and this aspect indicates a closing with Venus ruling the 11th of friendships and the 4th of endings. Venus is retrograde so while it is a sextile angle, I would expect that this is not going to be a "budding friendship" rather, a closure .. at least for this time.

Right now the timing of her making another contact in the last few months, she asked to see me many times and I found it very strange for her to be in Australia for so Lon on working visa that she claimed, under Venus Rx and so OOB yet unaspected which again reflecting in the horary something out of expectation about it.

My boyfriend also thinks she might need some kind of help from me. Maybe she wants to stay in Australia etc.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I just went through the messages, she found me through search in January then she decided to come for working holiday in June, July from then she has been asking to see me, but then I went oversea, so she went to Tasmania etc now she wanted to meet me again before she returning back to Hong Kong. It seem to be almost a year, she has been working on this...

I cast a synasty/her natal without birth time for curiosity.

She has Sun, Lilith in conjunction & in parallel in natal, south node parallel to Sun and Lilith. Her Venus and Mercury also in Capricorn in conjunction. Her Lilith also parallel to south node, Neptune and Uranus.

Her Lilith and South node are parallel to my Moon in 5th house which is the ruler of 11th house. Her Mars also conjuncts my Lilith, these could be why I have creepy feeling about it. (using up to 1.5 orb +/- for parallel)

At first I thought it was very nice someone tried to find me for years, then slowly I recalling what kind of feeling she used to give me. When I used to be friend with her. I was trying to be kind as she had no other friend many people used to keep away from her, I also had uncertain feeling about her, not knowing what truly was in her head. I was not that good at reading people back that age. Then with her now being obsessive on meeting me just getting too much.

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for everyone here confirming the reading, I also learned a few things from you all. Many thanks.

Cap

As for the lesbian part you might be on to something!

I'd like to borrow a quote from Antiscia thread originally posted by BobZemco:

Like the saying, "What lies in the hearts of men? Only the Shadow knows" that's what antiscia are for (just look at some of the, um, "love" horaries -- antiscia are a great way to spot gold-diggers and trophy-hunters). The antiscia show people's true motivations and intentions. If the Quesited is a Matter and not a Person, it shows what's going on behind the scenes. In Mundane/Event Charts, the antiscia can show the true origin of something as well as things behind the scenes.

So, Venus is in 7th, that is her 9th. She is maybe just travelling or relocating. But, antiscia of Venus is 01 SAG - that is your 5th and her 7th! I regard sex as 5th house matter, not 8th.

There are just too many indications to ignore this:

* she - Venus retrograde
* antiscia of Venus in her 7th, your 5th, dispositor Jupiter in exaltation in your 1st retrograde, Jupiter also rules her hopes and wishes
* ruler of 5th Mars in detriment (in 3rd, her 5th) conjuct fixed star Vindemiatrix (Robson: With Mars - Rash, headstrong, indiscreet, energetic, trouble through law, business and friends.)
* ruler of 3rd (her 5th) - Mercury combust (not able to be seen clearly)

Of course, until any kind of proof emerges this is just a hint.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes, Derived house in natal and horary/event charts are all very interesting. The unpredictable behaviour from my side was I blocked her from contacting me through social media. I have very bad feeling about her. I don't think I can handle reunion with her not knowing her in the past very well either. The time I used to be friend with her only because I felt sorry but then I can't be doing the rescue mission and I really don't feel something is right there.

Something in my chart not right as I often attracted lesbians when I am heterosexual. I have Venus and Mars in loose conjunction in the first house both square by Neptune. I also have Mars parallel Pluto. With Virgo rising, my Moon in Capricorn in 5th house trine both 1st house (Placidus) Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo, one as triciplity one as exaltation; also my Mars rules 8th house. Over the years since last two years of primary school when I was 11, 12, till now 30 years old, I have a total 7 female friends seem to have lesbian tendency and 3 of them had asked me to date with them. But I also attract creepy men at time....

It may sound funny but so real that whenever I met a dog on the street or someone's else dogs, they will always jump on me and hump....I always freak out of it, that's why I only like cats.

Last edited: