Anyone else hate having a bad moon?

Re: Anyone else hate having a shitty moon?

If you're set on suppressing your emotions, I think you're right that it's impossible. But I look at this differently than you. I see the suppression of emotions as false strength (fear of what others think) and dealing with them as true strength (confidence in the self). Too much escapism is my downfall.

My moon is in the 10th house, so I have an inner drive to be the same person on the inside and the outside. With yours in the 12th I'd say that would make you very uncomfortable. My moon is trine Saturn, trine Uranus, square Neptune, square Asc., and it has inconjuncts and quintiles as well.

Well said.

And that saturn aspect is really good for a water moon, in fact any air or earth aspects are really good for a water moon since they provide plenty of emotional strength that water completely lacks, and fire aspects work the same, but to a lesser degree. Use it well :)

Also, is your moon on a cusp? Because you either have a pisces-aries cusp moon or a pisces-aquarius cusp moon if it is on a cusp.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Well said.

And that saturn aspect is really good for a water moon, in fact any air or earth aspects are really good for a water moon since they provide plenty of emotional strength that water completely lacks, and fire aspects work the same, but to a lesser degree. Use it well :)

Also, is your moon on a cusp? Because you either have a pisces-aries cusp moon or a pisces-aquarius cusp moon if it is on a cusp.

Thanks. I'm trying. It's not just the sad emotions that get me, either. I get to experience all the emotions in technicolor, including black-out rage on occasion. I do get how distracting it is.

I'm not sure what I think about cusps, and I'm also not sure which degrees count to those who look at cusps. My moon probably counts as being on the Aquarius cusp.

Thanks. I'm trying. It's not just the sad emotions that get me, either. I get to experience all the emotions in technicolor, including black-out rage on occasion. I do get how distracting it is.

I'm not sure what I think about cusps, and I'm also not sure which degrees count to those who look at cusps. My moon probably counts as being on the Aquarius cusp.

Well if I were you, I would work on controlling/suppressing the water energy of your moon any way that works, because from the looks of it, there's really no other way to cope with that rage and distraction it's bringing.

If a moon sign falls within the first 2 degrees or last two degrees its on a cusp.

For example, moon in pisces on 29 degrees or 30 degrees is on the pisces aries moon cusp

or moon in pisces on 1 degrees or 2 degrees is on the pisces aquarius moon cusp.

Cusps just mean you share both energys of the two signs that make the cusp. So if your moon is on a cusp, it is a mix between the two energys/signs it inhabits. Its really no different than a conjunction with another planet, seeing as conjunctions are combining two energys, and weaker aspects are not combining the energys but still molding them in a way. However conjunctions (and all aspects for that matter) are mixing two natal planets, which are in signs and in houses and have aspects of there own.

So there is SOME difference between say, for example, a pisces moon that is ONLY conjunct mars (and in aspect with nothing else, and that mars is in aspect with nothing at all either) and a pisces moon that is on the pisces aries-cusp.

Because aspects are always between planets and signs (which have aspects and complex mixtures of many energys), whereas a cusp is just the two SIGNS being mixed.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Well if I were you, I would work on controlling/suppressing the water energy of your moon any way that works, because from the looks of it, there's really no other way to cope with that rage and distraction it's bringing.

If a moon sign falls within the first 2 degrees or last two degrees its on a cusp.

For example, moon in pisces on 29 degrees or 30 degrees is on the pisces aries moon cusp

or moon in pisces on 1 degrees or 2 degrees is on the pisces aquarius moon cusp.

Cusps just mean you share both energys of the two signs that make the cusp. So if your moon is on a cusp, it is a mix between the two energys/signs it inhabits. Its really no different than a conjunction with another planet, seeing as conjunctions are combining two energys, and weaker aspects are not combining the energys but still molding them in a way. However conjunctions (and all aspects for that matter) are mixing two natal planets, which are in signs and in houses and have aspects of there own.

So there is SOME difference between say, for example, a pisces moon that is ONLY conjunct mars (and in aspect with nothing else, and that mars is in aspect with nothing at all either) and a pisces moon that is on the pisces aries-cusp.

Because aspects are always between planets and signs (which have aspects and complex mixtures of many energys), whereas a cusp is just the two SIGNS being mixed.

Well, that was kind of my point. An authentic person doesn't suppress who they are. Pisces moons are capable of incredible emotional intelligence, but not if we harshly judge and attempt to shut off those emotions.

You seem very angry in general. I've been like that before, operating at a sort of low buzz at all times, just on the verge, a reaction looking for a provocation. It's when I've been in those states that I lost my cool and had rages. It is possible to stop being so angry, but I think that takes accepting one's vulnerability and allowing oneself to be sad sometimes.

My moon is definitely on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp by that definition. I don't think you can have both cusps and decans, and I'm not quite sure which one resonates more to me.

Well, that was kind of my point. An authentic person doesn't suppress who they are. Pisces moons are capable of incredible emotional intelligence, but not if we harshly judge and attempt to shut off those emotions.

You seem very angry in general. I've been like that before, operating at a sort of low buzz at all times, just on the verge, a reaction looking for a provocation. It's when I've been in those states that I lost my cool and had rages. It is possible to stop being so angry, but I think that takes accepting one's vulnerability and allowing oneself to be sad sometimes.

My moon is definitely on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp by that definition. I don't think you can have both cusps and decans, and I'm not quite sure which one resonates more to me.

The pisces energy on a moon is not capable of any emotional intelligence, because how much emotional intelligence your moon has is determined by the emotional strength of that moon, and the emotional strength of that moon is determined by its aspects and its sign.

Pisces is water and water is sensitivity. So if you put pisces on the moon, you get sensitive emotions, nothing more and nothing less.

This means that pisces moons cannot harness/generate emotions that are strong and jovial (fire energy expressed on the moon), nor can it suppress emotions at all (earth and air are what do this, although in slightly different ways).

Well I am not angry at all, aside from how frustrating it is to explain how it all works, as it is very hard for me to put into words what I mean regarding this stuff, and in a way that you would understand.

Well theoretically speaking yes you should be able to have both cusps and decans, seeing as decans are just pertaining to what degrees your sign falls in.

This would have to mean aquarius-pisces cusps are a mix between aquarius on the 3rd decan and pisces on the 1st decan.

However decans are very hard to work with and even when worked with, really dont exert much of any influence, so its best to ignore them altogether.

Witchyone

The pisces energy on a moon is not capable of any emotional intelligence, because how much emotional intelligence your moon has is determined by the emotional strength of that moon, and the emotional strength of that moon is determined by its aspects and its sign.

Pisces is water and water is sensitivity. So if you put pisces on the moon, you get sensitive emotions, nothing more and nothing less.

This means that pisces moons cannot harness/generate emotions that are strong and jovial (fire energy expressed on the moon), nor can it suppress emotions at all (earth and air are what do this, although in slightly different ways).

According to whom? You're very black and white for a Pisces moon. Explore the grey areas, man.

Well I am not angry at all, aside from how frustrating it is to explain how it all works, as it is very hard for me to put into words what I mean regarding this stuff, and in a way that you would understand.

Do you intend to be insulting and dismissive or is that something you do unintentionally? I'm more than capable of following you. You should look around. You're on a site full of people who've been studying astrology longer than you've been alive.

Well theoretically speaking yes you should be able to have both cusps and decans, seeing as decans are just pertaining to what degrees your sign falls in.

This would have to mean aquarius-pisces cusps are a mix between aquarius on the 3rd decan and pisces on the 1st decan.

However decans are very hard to work with and even when worked with, really dont exert much of any influence, so its best to ignore them altogether.

The principles behind cusps and decans aren't compatible.

According to whom? You're very black and white for a Pisces moon. Explore the grey areas, man.

Do you intend to be insulting and dismissive or is that something you do unintentionally? I'm more than capable of following you. You should look around. You're on a site full of people who've been studying astrology longer than you've been alive.

The principles behind cusps and decans aren't compatible.

What im saying is that water only enhances emotional sensitivity to the moon. Aspects are what really matters though, decans and houses dont, decans just hardly dictate the mode of expression in raw comparision to how much the sign and its aspects do, whereas houses dont dictate the mode of expression at all.

How are they not compatible?

Witchyone

What im saying is that water only enhances emotional sensitivity to the moon. Aspects are what really matters though, decans and houses dont, decans just hardly dictate the mode of expression in raw comparision to how much the sign and its aspects do, whereas houses dont dictate the mode of expression at all.

How are they not compatible?

I don't think the sign of the moon is primarily responsible for how a person expresses emotion. I'd say it says a lot about how a person feels emotion and senses spiritual energy, but even that is a combination of placements. When it comes to expressing what the moon feels, I'd also look at Mercury, Venus, Mars, the sun, and the rising sign. I agree that aspects are important, but houses are too because they show the areas of life that have our attention. In your case, the 12th house has your moon's attention. It's said that placements in our 12th house are difficult for us to see and understand.

Decans come from the ancients, and as far as I know, there isn't an explanation for why they are divided as they are. The first decan of each sign is ruled by the sign ruler, and the first decan of each sign is the most like the overall sign description. For example, Gemini is ruled by Mercury, and the 1st decan of Gemini is ruled by Mercury, while the second is ruled by Venus and the third by Uranus. The first decan of Gemini is the one that is more stereotypically Gemini.

The way I understand cusps is that the degrees are on a continuum like a color spectrum. The middle degree of the sign is the most like that sign, and then the sign gets progressively more like the next sign as it gets closer to that sign. So, the middle of Gemini is the most Gemini-like, and it gets progressively more Taurus-like on one side and more Cancer-like on the other.

Ness22

Hi,

I can see where you're coming from when you dislike the sensitivity that your moon position gives you. I have a Moon in Cancer WITH a Sun in Pisces and more water and no Fire in my chart. So this makes me very sensitive and vulnerable to things in general and I've hated it on occasions. But. I think you should try and embrace the positives of this aspect rather than hate it, because hey, you can't change it.
As someone already pointed out, this position brings with it sensitivity(which isn't always bad), empathy, intuition, psychic abilities and healing energy. So, maybe you've been given this energy for a specific purpose and you could try and use it in a constructive way.

I can also relate with you having an ascendant so different from your personality, that people often fail to understand who you really are. I have a Virgo Ascendant which OPPOSES my Pisces Sun and more water energy with cancer moon, and all of that is hidden by this analytical, cold, calculating ascendant lol. Yes, it does complicate things. I feel like two very conflicting energies are pulling me in different directions sometimes. Anyway, I've read that I can use even this to my advantage because I possibly could use the combined strengths of both, if I learned to, making me a stronger person on the whole.

So, I think your Aries Rising is a good thing and having that fire aspect could add some edge to your water-driven emotional side.

Last edited:

I don't think the sign of the moon is primarily responsible for how a person expresses emotion. I'd say it says a lot about how a person feels emotion and senses spiritual energy, but even that is a combination of placements. When it comes to expressing what the moon feels, I'd also look at Mercury, Venus, Mars, the sun, and the rising sign. I agree that aspects are important, but houses are too because they show the areas of life that have our attention. In your case, the 12th house has your moon's attention. It's said that placements in our 12th house are difficult for us to see and understand.

Decans come from the ancients, and as far as I know, there isn't an explanation for why they are divided as they are. The first decan of each sign is ruled by the sign ruler, and the first decan of each sign is the most like the overall sign description. For example, Gemini is ruled by Mercury, and the 1st decan of Gemini is ruled by Mercury, while the second is ruled by Venus and the third by Uranus. The first decan of Gemini is the one that is more stereotypically Gemini.

The way I understand cusps is that the degrees are on a continuum like a color spectrum. The middle degree of the sign is the most like that sign, and then the sign gets progressively more like the next sign as it gets closer to that sign. So, the middle of Gemini is the most Gemini-like, and it gets progressively more Taurus-like on one side and more Cancer-like on the other.

From what I understand, you think that the moon is a mere empty template, a blank canvas so to speak, that serves as our way of feeling/our emotional strength, and the sign it's in is just one of many energys being applied to it (the aspects are these many other energys being applied).

However I disagree, I see it as the sign the moon is in is the mode it is in, and thus it has the most dominance over the moon, whereas the aspects are energys that serve as heavy influences over that mode, but don't actually change the mode itself, but rather influence it.

Expression of what the moon feels is only done by the moon and any planets it is in aspect to, what makes you think otherwise? I mean why would it be anything else other than that anyways?

Well now I see what you mean here. But you are making a mistake. What you are doing is taking the concept behind decans and calling it cusps, when they are completely different.

Cusps = the first and last 2 degrees of a sign

Decans = the three subdivisions between each sign of the zodiac

The more we progress through capricorn decan 1, the closer we get to capricorn decan 2, however this doesnt mean that the closer we get to the next decan, the more of its influence becomes present.

While you are right that the zodiac works like a color-spectrum, what that doesnt necessarily prove is that decans work the same. For all we know you only will feel any of the next decans influence once you reach it.

From what I've observed of many people in my life for years now, decans are definitely real and, on a side note, easiest to see present on sun signs.

But it is indeed hard to say if cusps even work at all with the idea of decans.

Last edited:

Witchyone

From what I understand, you think that the moon is a mere empty template, a blank canvas so to speak, that serves as our way of feeling/our emotional strength, and the sign it's in is just one of many energys being applied to it (the aspects are these many other energys being applied).

However I disagree, I see it as the sign the moon is in is the mode it is in, and thus it has the most dominance over the moon, whereas the aspects are energys that serve as heavy influences over that mode, but don't actually change the mode itself, but rather influence it.

Expression of what the moon feels is only done by the moon and any planets it is in aspect to, what makes you think otherwise? I mean why would it be anything else other than that anyways?

Well now I see what you mean here. But you are making a mistake. What you are doing is taking the concept behind decans and calling it cusps, when they are completely different.

Cusps = the first and last 2 degrees of a sign

Decans = the three subdivisions between each sign of the zodiac

The more we progress through capricorn decan 1, the closer we get to capricorn decan 2, however this doesnt mean that the closer we get to the next decan, the more of its influence becomes present.

While you are right that the zodiac works like a color-spectrum, what that doesnt necessarily prove is that decans work the same. For all we know you only will feel any of the next decans influence once you reach it.

From what I've observed of many people in my life for years now, decans are definitely real and, on a side note, easiest to see present on sun signs.

But it is indeed hard to say if cusps even work at all with the idea of decans.

No, I think we're in agreement that the sign of the moon is its most important astrological characteristic. What I was drawing a distinction between was feeling vs. expressing. You can be full of emotional feeling and not express a thing outside yourself. And whether emotions are dealt with internally or externally, the expression can be productive or destructive.

I think as Pisces moons we get pinged with more emotional energy than less sensitive moons (many say that's because we soak up and experience emotional vibrations that don't even belong to us), and I think we have less natural distance between having a feeling and acting upon a feeling than many other moons (but fire moons probably have that worse.) That gives us the opportunity to get much better at dealing with emotions than someone who experiences fewer. We get more opportunities to become adept at recognizing emotions in ourselves and others and knowing when an emotional response is appropriate or out-sized.

P.S. For what it's worth, I do identify pretty strongly with the Aquarius/Pisces cusp now that I read it.

Last edited:

No, I think we're in agreement that the sign of the moon is its most important astrological characteristic. What I was drawing a distinction between was feeling vs. expressing. You can be full of emotional feeling and not express a thing outside yourself. And whether emotions are dealt with internally or externally, the expression can be productive or destructive.

I think as Pisces moons we get pinged with more emotional energy than less sensitive moons (many say that's because we soak up and experience emotional vibrations that don't even belong to us), and I think we have less natural distance between having a feeling and acting upon a feeling than many other moons (but fire moons probably have that worse.) That gives us the opportunity to get much better at dealing with emotions than someone who experiences fewer. We get more opportunities to become adept at recognizing emotions in ourselves and others and knowing when an emotional response is appropriate or out-sized.

P.S. For what it's worth, I do identify pretty strongly with the Aquarius/Pisces cusp now that I read it.

Can I see what you read on it?

Witchyone

I grabbed some at random off the first two pages of Google hits.

Now I'm embarrassed, because I'm all like "yeah, that's totally me!" about these very flattering descriptions. LOL :joyful:

https://i.thehoroscope.co/the-aquarius-pisces-cusp-key-personality-traits/
https://www.luvze.com/aquarius-pisces-cusp/
https://www.alwaysastrology.com/aquarius-pisces-cusp.html
https://dream-astrology.blogspot.com/2012/11/aquarius-pisces-cusp-characteristics.html

I guess I have no need to be, though. You probably look at these same descriptions and think they're insulting, eh? :wink: It's all about perspective, dude.

I grabbed some at random off the first two pages of Google hits.

Now I'm embarrassed, because I'm all like "yeah, that's totally me!" about these very flattering descriptions. LOL :joyful:

https://i.thehoroscope.co/the-aquarius-pisces-cusp-key-personality-traits/
https://www.luvze.com/aquarius-pisces-cusp/
https://www.alwaysastrology.com/aquarius-pisces-cusp.html
https://dream-astrology.blogspot.com/2012/11/aquarius-pisces-cusp-characteristics.html

I guess I have no need to be, though. You probably look at these same descriptions and think they're insulting, eh? :wink: It's all about perspective, dude.

Well those all are talking about aquarisces on the sun, you think you have it on the moon, right?

And we dont know if cusps are real yet. We only know that decans are.

Witchyone

Well those all are talking about aquarisces on the sun, you think you have it on the moon, right?

And we dont know if cusps are real yet. We only know that decans are.

LOL

You suggested that I should look into cusps for my moon, and now you say they don't mean anything. I did look for descriptions for the moon placed at the cusp, but unsurprisingly, I didn't find anything. Are you sure you're not just here to argue for the sake of it?

I have found the decans to be pretty useless.

LOL

You suggested that I should look into cusps for my moon, and now you say they don't mean anything. I did look for descriptions for the moon placed at the cusp, but unsurprisingly, I didn't find anything. Are you sure you're not just here to argue for the sake of it?

I have found the decans to be pretty useless.

Ok, so why would you use descriptions of cusps on a sun to determine if cusps exist and if your moon is on a cusp?

Well I have observed countless people with same sun but different decans and amongst all of them they all seemed to act according to there sun decan description. So I'm going off of my observations only.

Witchyone

Ok, so why would you use descriptions of cusps on a sun to determine if cusps exist and if your moon is on a cusp?

Well I have observed countless people with same sun but different decans and amongst all of them they all seemed to act according to there sun decan description. So I'm going off of my observations only.

Mostly, I was humoring what you said, because I like to look at new things and see if they appeal to me. I was reminded (because the description was familiar) that I have looked at the Aquarius/Pisces cusp issue before, but I stopped pursuing it then because I only found cusp info for sun placements, not for moon or Mars, which are the ones I have on the cusp.

Have you read descriptions of particular cusp placements other than sun? If not, why'd you bring it up? :tongue:

Some people swear by the decans. They just haven't matched up well when I've looked for myself or others. I also like to have a reason for using a technique, and I don't get the reasoning behind decans.

Virgo13

Wow pisces moon in the 12th.
I'm really sorry that you feel that way about your moon but please take good care of it, and you!. Learn to express it as that helps with negative emotions.
You said that you were sensitive and alongside that you mentioned weak "sensitive/weak". Sensitive isn't weak - to me its a strength actually. I love it when I speak to people and I notice that s/he can see through the facade..and intuitively tune into others around them. Everyone wants to be understood and I think that is one of those things that your moon has to offer but before you understand others then first know yourself.
I know you don't feel that way now but later you will learn to appreciate it -the greatest blessings are often so well disguised that you won't know until later.

ps. Aries rising are one of those I do admire so even though it makes you appear to have this shield then just remember.. everyone has a mask

(I'm pretty jelly of your moon btw).

Mostly, I was humoring what you said, because I like to look at new things and see if they appeal to me. I was reminded (because the description was familiar) that I have looked at the Aquarius/Pisces cusp issue before, but I stopped pursuing it then because I only found cusp info for sun placements, not for moon or Mars, which are the ones I have on the cusp.

Have you read descriptions of particular cusp placements other than sun? If not, why'd you bring it up? :tongue:

Some people swear by the decans. They just haven't matched up well when I've looked for myself or others. I also like to have a reason for using a technique, and I don't get the reasoning behind decans.

Oh okay, well I think we can both agree that this area of astrology is far too complex to figure out, at least for me, so lets just leave it be.

Why exactly do you not get the reasoning behind the decans?

Wow pisces moon in the 12th.
I'm really sorry that you feel that way about your moon but please take good care of it, and you!. Learn to express it as that helps with negative emotions.
You said that you were sensitive and alongside that you mentioned weak "sensitive/weak". Sensitive isn't weak - to me its a strength actually. I love it when I speak to people and I notice that s/he can see through the facade..and intuitively tune into others around them. Everyone wants to be understood and I think that is one of those things that your moon has to offer but before you understand others then first know yourself.
I know you don't feel that way now but later you will learn to appreciate it -the greatest blessings are often so well disguised that you won't know until later.

ps. Aries rising are one of those I do admire so even though it makes you appear to have this shield then just remember.. everyone has a mask

(I'm pretty jelly of your moon btw).

Why would anyone be jealous of my moon? I have the worst moon ever, and thats coming from me, who knows myself better than anyone else, afterall I am myself.

Sensitivity is weakness, but only when it lowers your rationality/logic/thinking. Sensitivity is only good when it doesnt and works well with your rationality.

The only way for your sensitivity to work well with your rationality is for them to be in a harmonious aspect with each other.

Sensitivity is heightened with water energy on the moon and water energy on the mercury.

My aries rising makes me appear not how I am inside, and it also made me be born with a fast metabolism, which is something that makes me convert my food into energy much quicker than the average person, as a result I am always hungry when no one else is. So if anything, my aries rising *****. And thats not even the worst placement in my chart, not even close.

Last edited: