Should she let him go?

SagRising77

I'm back again :)

My coworkers were impressed by your horary skills on the missing items so my office mate wanted me to ask a question.

Is this even a legit question? "Should I let my son go on the hunting trip with his dad this weekend?"

I'll try to give my best interpretation though.
She = Venus/Moon
Son = Sun
Dad = Mars

Dad is Mars in the 11th house conjunct Neptune which is appropriate because he will be spending the weekend with friends--a bunch of drunk men at a camp, woohoo! This is partly why she doesn't want the son to go (he is 17).

Venus is in 10th..not sure what that could mean exactly (the question and her position doesn't relate to work)..perhaps her significator in 10th means she has the power over the final decision here?

Sun is in 9th..they would be traveling about 2 hours away, is this distant enough to be considered a 9th house matter? If so that would make sense.

Anyway, there are no aspects to the Sun..and Venus is between Sun and Mars--could be her standing between her son going with the dad?

That moon conjunct saturn in the 7th also bothers me..perhaps this will put a strain on the relationship of mom and dad?
She says dad says, "He needs to go"..she says "If you take him without telling me I'm gonna punch you in the face"..lol

Venus opposition JupiterR in the 4th..the aspect is moving exact...she wants the kids home with her so she will feel safe and happier?

My interpretation is that she will not let him go..and it will cause fighting with all parties.

Any other inputs I may have missed?

Horary MistySonHunt 1-16-15.jpg

SagRising77

Can someone tell me or link me to an article about what to look for in a horary where the querent already knows what they're going to end up doing but asks anyway?
I know (I think) ascendant very close to a cusp indicates this?

It makes me angry/annoyed BC I think this person had already made up their mind in the situation without me knowing...not that she was "testing" me...bitaybe she asked the wrong question/was looking for more of a reason to not let him go (which I think would be more of a transit reading for natal).

I have the outcome if anyone cares -_- but as you can probably tell it's not what I thought.

I have read Saturn in 7th is a cautionary figure for the reader..is that true?

tikana

late asce usually tells you you know the answer

the question is SHOULD not WILL!
should - yes
will - who knows

SagRising77

Right..thanks tikana..I had a feeling the question was off and I probably read it completely wrong.

She is a slave to her children so I shouldve known by that that she would let him lol..

Dirius

Third party questions are a lil bit harder to analyze because they involve house turning.

Is she married/dating the father of his child? Because the chart might suggest she isn't.

Because if she is, then he is 7th.

If she is not, then he is 8th (the 4th from the 5th, as in "the father of my child").

If she is not married/dating him, then Jupiter represents his father. Given than Venus and Jupiter are in applying opposition, means they will argue about it.

IN this case the trip is a short trip, close by, 3rd house.

Moon in 7th, applying sextile to mercury. Yes I think he might end up going to the trip?

SagRising77

She is married to the father :) They just have a very...hmm..strained relationship as it is lol...or maybe it's just New Orleans people..very fiesty with each other which is kind of normal here! haha..maybe it's in the water.

This is why I didn't turn the chart--since they're married. It looked pretty simple to me actually but apparently I was wrong!

Did I misread it? Was I wrong in what I read?

She prefaced the question by saying, "So this astrology stuff..can you ask any question??"

I didn't know how to respond to that and told her I would try, after she made it clear what the question was. But, honestly, I think she was looking for a reason not to let him go...which isn't horary. And I had a bad feeling even erecting the chart..I even told her before I did it--"I already know what you want to do..."

Maybe I flubbed this one..but it's a learning experience, right?

Dirius

But did she let him go?

The thing about turning the house, was because of how you phrased it: you never reffered to the man as "her husband", but rather as "the father of her child". :w00t:

Given that, the father of her child (the 4th from the child, the 8th), would be the 8th, and since Jupiter and Venus are applying to an opposition (generally a bad contact), it would make it seem as if they were about to have a fight. On the contrary, there is no aspect between mars (7th) and venus.

The thing with the houses representing trips are:

- 3rd house = short distance trips (usually inside the motherland).

- 9th house = long distance trips (usually a foreign country).

For example, if you live in New York City:

....going on the weekned to New Jersey (short distance, similar place) is 3rd house.

....going to France for a month on business trip (long distance, foreign land) is 9th house.

The 3rd house usually implies "short trips", inside one's motherland. Generally speaking, it is places close by (like a different city), with the same cultural background, language and customs as your own home city. On the other hand, the 9th house represents foreign lands, other countries, places with a different culture.

This is why me and tikana said she would let him go, because moon (ruler of 3rd house), is in applying aspect with mercury. :tongue:

So...did she let him go? :andy:

Last edited:

SagRising77

Lol thanks for the explanation, Dirius.

Yes she let him go.. :annoyed:

Every time I feel like I've gotten a grasp on a particular question, I realize how much more there is to learn and how WAY off I am lol..

I sometimes have a hard time understanding the nature of the moon in horary...should that be the first thing one looks at? I always look at it as a secondary significator--although I know it's supposed to represent the question as a whole and not necessarily a "person" in the situation.

I'm reading your blog right now..hopefully I can learn more and get some more resources than google searches..so I don't keep coming back here and embarrassing myself lol.

Dirius

Lol thanks for the explanation, Dirius.

Yes she let him go.. :annoyed:

Every time I feel like I've gotten a grasp on a particular question, I realize how much more there is to learn and how WAY off I am lol..

I sometimes have a hard time understanding the nature of the moon in horary...should that be the first thing one looks at? I always look at it as a secondary significator--although I know it's supposed to represent the question as a whole and not necessarily a "person" in the situation.

I'm reading your blog right now..hopefully I can learn more and get some more resources than google searches..so I don't keep coming back here and embarrassing myself lol.

Oh well my blog was sort of a project I had in mind....and after like 1 week I forgot about it lol (should update it some time). All of the "examples" I have posted here in the forums though.

About the moon:

The moon is a "co-signifier" of the querent. Unless the moon rules the house of the quesited.

If the house of the quesited falls in Cancer (the sign of the Moon), then it has priority over the use of the moon.

Obviously in questions like this, we have a lot of houses involved: 1st house for the querent, 5th house for the son, 3rd house for the trip, etc.

In this case the moon rules the 3rd house, thus the moon represents the trip, not the querent :happy:

Last edited:

SagRising77

omg, I just texted my friend who asked the question..
I wanted to tell her how I read it wrong and yall both said yes he will go..

She just responded "I didn't let them go (had changed her mind apparently and wasn't going to let the son go, though she told me Friday that she was going to let him), but he (husband/dad) took them and we aren't speaking now because of it"

And apparently he took all the kids (3 sons) not just the oldest (the one the question was about)..

Do yall see that in the chart?
The Jupiter opposition Venus would, I guess, signify that...and that Saturn in 7th I guess I was right about (though not sure, since we talked about turning the chart)...hmmmm

Crazy change of situation.

I wonder if she punched him in the face like she said she would lol..

Last edited:

Dirius

omg, I just texted my friend who asked the question..
I wanted to tell her how I read it wrong and yall both said yes he will go..

She just responded "I didn't let them go (had changed her mind apparently and wasn't going to let the son go, though she told me Friday that she was going to let him), but he (husband/dad) took them and we aren't speaking now because of it"

And apparently he took all the kids (3 sons) not just the oldest (the one the question was about)..

Do yall see that in the chart?
The Jupiter opposition Venus would, I guess, signify that...and that Saturn in 7th I guess I was right about (though not sure, since we talked about turning the chart)...hmmmm

Crazy change of situation.

I wonder if she punched him in the face like she said she would lol..

Yup that is the Venus opposition Jupiter I mentioned in my first post. They went on the trip, and the parents ended up fighting (opposition, negative contact) :sideways::happy:

SagRising77

oh sh*t..

Duh..I can't believe I did that...totally took son as 4th house (sun) when it was supposed to be 5th house (mercury).

It was a long day......that's my excuse :/

Either way yall did it right..god let me go hide under a rock lol