Someone please look at our composite chart?

lunamoon09

Hi everyone,

I just wanted someone to look at our composite chart and he's a really nice guy but there is the blatantly obvious Mars Square Pluto (ugh). How will it play out if Mars is in 12th house, Pluto in 3rd house? Can you please elaborate on the other placements as well? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.27.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.27.44 PM.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 31

ElenaJ

Actually it's a t-square with Saturn.
Moon is conjunct Uranus and Neptune.
Mercury conjunct Jupiter helps ease up the tensions, as well as sun on ascendent.
Not an easy relationship.

thelivingsky

T-squares in a composite are usually very difficult unless one of
the planets is Jupiter. Jupiter squares and oppositions tend to be benign.But in your chart there is a wide orb between Mars and Pluto. Some astrologers limit the orb for a square to 5 or 6 degrees unless the aspect involves one of the luminaries. So maybe it's not really a t-square?

But the Rob Hand Composite text has some very troubling things to say about Mars in H12. I'll paraphrase: it is very important that you are very explicit in what you expect of each other. Often you will have conflict and never really understand why. It might be helpful to write out some agreements to help you gain clarity both of your own expectations and your partners.

What does the synastry look like? It's always good to look at it also.

The trine from Sun and Venus to the Moon/Uranus/Neptune creates a very strong and stimulating attraction. Uranus with the Moon can be unsettling and make for emotional ups and downs and some unpredictability, but depending on the individual needs of the partners it could add an element of excitement that is quite refreshing and fun. If you want a very conventional stable relationship this might not work for you. But it's a pretty good composite with more good aspects than negative ones.

ElenaJ

"The trine from Sun and Venus to the Moon/Uranus/Neptune "

The orb here is so wide I question how effective it might be. It would certainly be helpful.

thelivingsky

"The trine from Sun and Venus to the Moon/Uranus/Neptune "

The orb here is so wide I question how effective it might be. It would certainly be helpful.

Hi Elena, I allow a wider orb for the luminaries up to 10 degrees. They are so much wider visibly when you look at them in the sky. They actually take up almost a full 5 degrees of orb visually, the Moon more so at certain times. So that's my thinking and many others agree. Why we have come to this might be argued from a conceptual stance or by actual evidence of influence in charts.

Here is a conceptual argument ( although one that I do not profess to be absolutely certain of):The fact that they are considered two of the three "primary indicators" in a natal chart can't be because of their proximity to earth, since the Sun is further than Mercury, Venus and Mars. There relative impact on us here on earth has much to do with their size in the 360 degree sky and, of course, their ability to generate or reflect light. The Sun may be considered primary because it makes all of life possible on the planet, but astrology in my mind is not about the physical or material realm but essentially about the spiritual, or the meta-physical (beyond the physical)? So the Sun is a giver of physical life, but does not essentially relate to the spiritual realm any more than other planets. Thus its dominance in astrological analysis seems to be a function of its size in our perceived sky relative to other celestial bodies? I am open to discussion on this question of orbs.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

I allow a wider orb for the luminaries up to 10 degrees. They are so much wider visibly when you look at them in the sky. They actually take up almost a full 5 degrees of orb visually. So that's my thinking and many others agree.

In the chart it looks like Venus has more than 10 degrees orb with these planets.

thelivingsky

I see now why you were questioning my analysis.
Yes, Venus is 3 degrees Virgo Venus is conjunct the Sun being 6 degrees away and therefore it is part of a unit, a configuration that includes the Sun.They are unified by their conjunction and thus always are working together. Anytime the solar energy is involved or activated it is colored by the Venus energy also. Therefore if the Sun makes aspect to another planet, then I consider that Venus as part of that aspect as well.