how is your Ascendant and how were you born?

archergirl

Hello Jagetoile,

Interesting question.

I don't know whether the Ascendant has any correlation to birth, especially difficult births with the aspects you name, at least from my experience.

My first child has a Scorpio Ascendant, but the only difficult aspect to his ascendant is a wide square from Uranus in his 3rd house. I was in labour for 19 hours with him; he was stuck, wouldn't descend, and was finally born with the help of forceps. I had no drugs for the first 18 1/2 hours, and had a spinal block right before they used the forceps. Sheer hell. I am still traumatised to think about it.

My second child, on the other hand, has some *very* challenging aspects, having a Pluto-Saturn opposition along the vertical (4th/10th) axis, both squaring her Pisces ascendant. Her birth, however, was *exceptionally* easy, as I chose to have whatever drug cocktails they could offer me during labour:- I didn't want to have another nightmare birth! As it is, ironically, I could have had her without *any* drugs, as she was a classic 'textbook perfect' birth.

But just because my two examples don't verify your research, doesn't mean it isn't valid. Keep looking!

Best,
AG:)

tikana

Archergirl and Jag

yeah i can see your points.. it is quite valid. I would specifically look for aspects that are connected with the babies'ascens

it would be interesting to see your natal chart and exact chart of the baby. Asce to 5th house, 8th house cusp, moon, sun and rulers of your asce, 5th, 8th houses and any planets in 1st or 5th or 8th.

I totally dig your point.

Tik

Arian Maverick

I've actually tried to assess the conditions surrounding my birth to help me determine my Ascendant sign, yet I believe it had both Arian and Piscean qualities; my mother had been in active labor for several hours when her contractions unexpectedly slowed and stopped, and she was accidentally given an overdose of pitocin to help encourage nature. I have been told that I broke the fetal monitor with my birth, but I mostly attribute this to my Aries stellium! :D

I don't have too many aspects to my Ascendant, and the ones that are usually have tighter aspects to another planet. Moon conjunct Ascendant is probably the most influential, but I also have Jupiter sextile Ascendant, Uranus square Ascendant, Chiron Square Ascendant, and a minor aspect from Pluto.

My older brother was born about two weeks early, which was fortunate for my mother because his shoulders became stuck during his birth and any extra weight would have made the process even more difficult. I believe forceps had to be used, and my brother was born with a slight cone head.

Shawn has a heavily aspected Ascendant, but Jupiter's conjunction is the only obvious indicator of his birth situation that I have found. He also has Sun sextile Ascendant, Moon sextile Ascendant, Venus square Ascendant (loose orb), Mars sextile Ascendant, Saturn square Ascendant, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Pluto trine Ascendant, and Chiron square Ascendant.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer--he was born two weeks before his May 1987 due date, while I was born exactly on my April 1989 due date ;)

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

tikana

oooo oooo

Arian

can you PM me your mom's DOB / time of birth /city

and you and your brother's please?

I wanna look at something.

pretty please, begging puppy eyes

Tik

unukalhai

I have the second degree of Capricorn rising, with Mars trine from Virgo. Venus is conjunct from the 12th house, a few degrees above the ascendant.

I'm lucky to be alive. During birth, according to my mother, the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and I couldn't be delivered as usual. Luckily (Venus on the ASC) this all took place in an excellent maternity hospital so quick action (Mars trine) was taken and I was born via c-section.

flea

Tricky birth here also. Mum's waters broke on the monday, went to small hospital , nurses did not believe her. OK so there is a gemini lunar eclipse on the Wednesday and I am eventually born by emergency caesarean on the Friday evening. My mother was told not to push until the nurses told her too, so she sepnd the week concentrating on pain being a feeling or a sensation. I had such a cone head, it is still strange shaped so head bands slide off. Extremely noticeablein the photos. My father was waiting outside and he saw me being carried off quickly to have some work done as my breathing was very poor, they didn't stop so he could see me. I didn't see mum for another 4 days or something.

So I have a gem ascendant, and jupiter conjunct ascendent, which is the pointy end of a golden yod (biquintile triangle) with Neptune and Venus. Pluto/Uranus conjunction is widish orb to square ascendent. Sun opposite ascendent, and Chiron square Ascendent, so that is forming a grand cross, but jupiter is very wide arc to Sun/pluto/uranus/chiron anout 9 degrees but about 4 off the ascendent.

Love & Light
Flea

flea

Yes I am a girl, well was, 10 dec 1965 at 4.22pm. Gemini 7 was up in the air orbiting the earth during the whole time. My lifepath number (date of birth) is 7. It all seems to be a bit spooky. I had trouble coming through into this life, a lot of trouble and my mum and I had to work hard together I think. Both of us were in bad shape afterwards. The moon crossed over my ascendent and landed in cancer during the week. It seems pertinent.

Draco

The idea that our circumstances of birth are reflected in the horoscope is an interesting one, although I think that looking to our ascendants might not be the most descriptive place to look.

The moment at which we are born is encapsulated in the entire horoscope, and while our circumstances of birth might be gleaned from the nativity, these circumstances would probably show up in the mother's chart with greater prevalence, so we ought to compare our own horoscopes with our mother's, where we are lucky enough to know her birth-time.

The tenth house is the mother, so what would looking here reveal as to the circumstances of birth?

In my own chart, the ascendant comes from a sextile of Uranus, and onto a square of Jupiter in Scorpio. My birth by emergency caesarian might be reflected in the aspect of Uranus to the ascendant, but to expect every emegency caesarian birth to have such an aspect would be quite a tall order, and I'm reluctant to knock my ascendant back a few degree's to make it fit the bill, especially in that I take the 'transpersonals' with a pinch of salt anyway, and I question the extent of their influence in natal astrology.

Jupiter in Scorpio, which is about to square the ascendant, actually rules the tenth cusp, and so is a significator of the mother, and perhaps this upcoming square reflects tension between my mother and I, given the circumstances of my birth?

Looking to the tenth cusp, I have Venus in Virgo, closely about to square midheaven. Venus being a natural significator of the mother, particularly in a diurnal chart such as my own, and the aspect being a tense one between Venus and the 'mother' cusp, might have some relevance.

Virgo is a 'non-fruitive' sign, and my caesarian was necessary because it seemed I was very reluctant to come out into the world.

Having said all this, I'm probably reading far too much into it.

I'm not sure you can tell the circumstances of a person's birth from exploring the ascendant or nativity as a whole, but if you can I would like to know how. I think it is more probable to find relevant symbolism of unnatural or complicated births when looking at the mother's chart also.

flea

Interesting thought Draco about 10th house. Mine 10th ruler is uranus which is square ascendent, and my mum is aquarius sun. There have been many many issues I have dealt with regarding my relationship with my mum. I have looked to past lives to gain understanding, and the work I have done has effected greatly our relationship. Also I wanted to note that I mym mum, and my grandmother all have water trines. Interesting I thought. There is definitely a pattern. I have felt that I had some purpose in finsihing what cycles had been started, and I would like to think this is being accomplished.

Love & Light
Flea

I am an Aries with a Capricorn ascendant. I was due to be a Taurus apparently but decided to come earlier. I was my mum's first child (She is an Aries with Aries ascendant) and she had wanted to give birth to me at home but wasn't allowed. In the end she said she was pretty much left alone and scared most of the time with unfriendly staff almost yelling at her to get on and push me out so they could get other stuff done (I was born at 3:10am) They also didn't give her much in the way of pain relief. She hated it so much she waited until she'd moved town five years later to get pregnant again. When I was much younger I had a really strong fear of giving birth.

I have Sun, Venus & Uranus square the Asc, Mercury sextile Asc, Saturn Quincunx Asc and Moon conjunct the Desc.

My sister has Leo rising and had to be pulled out with forceps but my mum said that she had a 100% better experience with that than the first time. She has Venus quincunx Asc and Jupiter conjunct it.

Lissa

Another Capricorn rising here!We Capricorn rising people love to make our mom's go through a rough labor:rolleyes:.My labor wasn't exacly difficult,but the circumnstances under which I was born were definetly not the best.

To start,I was an unwanted child(broken condomn).I believe my dad was the only who wanted me;when the time came for my mom to tell her parents she was pregnant,she locked herself in the bathroom and cried while my dad told my grandparents about the pregnancy.My mom was still studying when I was born,although she was at the university at that time.After I was born,she had to start studying at night and,then,she was unemployed for a long time,causing her to be severly depressed for most of my childhood.Not only,she also found out she had Lupus at the time when I was born.When I was a child,my mom spent most of the time sleeping.

As for the labor itself,I was supposed to be born one week later,on March24,exacly one day fater my dad's birthday,with an exalted Sun and Moon/Venus in their dignitiy signs.Even though I decided to come a little earlier,I seem to have changed my mind half way during the process because I made my mom go through a12hour labor.I think I wanted a first house Saturn really bad:p.