Let's talk Scorpio and the revenge thing, seems more bark than bite.

The19thLaw

I seem to read a lot about how individuals with Scorpio heavy placements are kings of revenge, particularly a Mars in Scorpio, but I never really hear of any stories or any examples at all. A lot of times it is usually the tone of "like I don't know man they're scary man" and when you dig in deeper it is usually no concrete examples.

It seem more empty threats than concrete actions. The signs I see usually delivering revenge are the earth signs throughout history and it actually seems like a lot of times, Scorpios are at the end of a pissed off sign's revenge than actually being the ones that deliver revenge.

A lot of times it is the martian ruled signs (except for Capricorns) who tend to be the bullies that get a rise out of the wrong person and pay a very severe price for it.

Osamenor

Staff member
I seem to read a lot about how individuals with Scorpio heavy placements are kings of revenge, particularly a Mars in Scorpio, but I never really hear of any stories or any examples at all.

That's proof that it's not true. If it were, there would be concrete examples.

It's also a likely indication that whoever wrote what you're reading isn't really an astrologer. Or, at the very least ,they're very, very amateur. An astrologer with lots of client experience wouldn't make sweeping generalizations like that. They may say, "I've seen such-and-such turn up a lot in clients with x placement," but they'll never say, "A Scorpio heavy person is a king of revenge." Only a pop astrology columnist would say something like that. Or maybe a poster in an astrology forum.

Pop astrology columns are typically not written by real astrologers. In fact, the publications that run them usually don't want a real astrologer to write them, because real astrologers wouldn't work that cheaply and usually wouldn't pander to that crowd. More often, those pieces are crowd sourced, and can be written by anyone who can string a few words together. They may know nothing at all about the actual practice of astrology.

If you want to read astrologically valid work, try The Mountain Astrologer. Everything in it is written by a professional astrologer. It's denser than pop astrology, and requires more serious reading and thinking skills, but surely you're up to the task. (I should warn you, though, there's rarely anything in it about Scorpios, or any sun sign in particular.) :wink:

Or, heck, I'll promote myself: read my blog, which I've linked to in my signature! I'm working right now on a series about individual signs, in fact, and I expect to make the first post within a day or two.

Disclaimer: I'm not claiming moderator privilege here. Any member of this forum who has an astrology blog may link to it in their signature, and may mention it in a post if it's relevant to the discussion at hand. What is against the rules is posting just to drive traffic to your site, which is usually what people are doing if they post about their blog outside the Advertising forum.

Basically, if the discussion at hand would lead you to mention your blog if it were written by someone else, it's okay to mention it. If your whole reason for posting is to mention your blog, and you wouldn't bother if you didn't have a vested interest in it, then it's not.

MoonlightSonata

I can speak from years of experience working with and living with three people who happened to be Scorpios and observing their revenge tactics. It was always verbal.

As for them being "scary" and their revenge being more bark than bite, I guess that depends on how sensitive their targets are. Words can be more painful than an actual brawl to some people, especially if the words are coming from an angry Scorpio who's out to sting you.

I have a very sharp tongue myself that I've learned not to use as much as I used to now that I'm a little older and wiser, so I think the Scorpios and I did a fair amount of barking and biting.

three M symbols

Hi

I have Mars conjunct Scorpio ASC. And Pluto in 1st house, so this is a strong sign in my chart.

Hurting people is not something I appreciate.
I'm able to forgive (and explain to someone why he/she make me feel bad - Mercury in Libra).. But, if the problem is too personal (about my identity - 1st house), I'll just choose to not meet this person again for years.

For me, "revenge" is not just someting that could be against people.
It's the way to direct your Mars energy (anger and motivation) against something that is not you, to not burn yourself..
It could be against someone, or something.. Like a goal you failed at, a life issue you had, recover something you lost, etc.. When you are in the worst situation, you choose to fight back even if it takes a lot of time.

But I don't want to hurt people, unless I'm physically in danger or I have a big adrenaline rush.

I guess that the house where is Mars could have an influence on the kind of "revenge energy" area, with the aspects.

Last edited:

viksoso

I agree, I also have strong Scorpio placements - asc at 5* and Pluto at 3*, exactly square my mars in 2* leo/ 10th (or 9th depending on house system) and also square my Sun, at 6* Leo.

I definitely know and have experienced that I have tremendous energy reserves and can fight for what i want! But more in an inner way, that I am not scared and can persevere.
I did have anger problems in my younger years, but never ever even considered anything like „revenge“ in doing harm to others - even though there were times where I had many „enemies“ killing my reputation in my career. But generally i feel more empathy with others, which really doesn’t make me want revenge, ever. Quite the opposite, i used to send love and healing to my haters and was also in deep grief about my own behavious.

viksoso

Oh yeah, and people do think i am scary and intense, but thats just because i am shy, serious and not easily fooled or intimidated and dont like smalltalk. People that get to know me well know that I am super warm hearted and literally don’t kill even a fly. It took many many years to first realize that i give off this impression and then to work with it and be more gentle in how i express myself

three M symbols

I recognize myself in this phrase you said : "I did have anger problems in my younger years, but never ever even considered anything like "revenge“ in doing harm to others"

Me too. I had anger issues as a teen. I "accidentaly" hurted some people, not for a revenge or something like that, but because I didn't know how to manage my energy.. And was impulsive/unconscious about other people feelings and needs (Aries South Node).
Now i'm totally not like that anymore. Very conscious of too much things (virgo sun & moon), and this creates a big lack of spontaneity, and even sometimes guiltiness when I figure out that I'm acting for my own interests and it can hurt someone feelings.

The19thLaw

I will never get the obsession with trying to make Scorpios seem like the supreme avenger out to get everyone. There has to be some degree of folklore or fan fiction associated with most of astrology out there these days.

So what sign does the scheming and ruining other's life saying really apply to?

I'd venture to say Gemini.

PlutoLibScoAsc

I seem to read a lot about how individuals with Scorpio heavy placements are kings of revenge, particularly a Mars in Scorpio, but I never really hear of any stories or any examples at all. A lot of times it is usually the tone of "like I don't know man they're scary man" and when you dig in deeper it is usually no concrete examples.

It seem more empty threats than concrete actions. The signs I see usually delivering revenge are the earth signs throughout history and it actually seems like a lot of times, Scorpios are at the end of a pissed off sign's revenge than actually being the ones that deliver revenge.

A lot of times it is the martian ruled signs (except for Capricorns) who tend to be the bullies that get a rise out of the wrong person and pay a very severe price for it.

I always hear comments like repressed anger, vindictive, revenge and manipulation when it comes to Scorpio. I've Mars in Scorpio but I have never taken any revenge at all in my life, I only imagine it in my head. Revenge never comes to action for me, I am guessing it could be because my mars scorpio is conjunct Saturn? And my Libra rising is at highest degree so like peace and anything lovely is so important to me. I don't want anything ugly.

PlutoLibScoAsc

Mars conjunct Saturn Scorpio. I hold grudges for years, I realize it is damaging to my soul. So I also always tell myself to forgive. May be is coming from my Libra rising. Is so unsettling like I am being pulled both ways. Ultimately, I do nothing about it but gets angry when I think about what happened in the past.

Last edited:

Gemini888

I will never get the obsession with trying to make Scorpios seem like the supreme avenger out to get everyone. There has to be some degree of folklore or fan fiction associated with most of astrology out there these days.

So what sign does the scheming and ruining other's life saying really apply to?

I'd venture to say Gemini.
Oh God I'm the devil now :devil:

SailorPluto911

I have Scorpio Rising, with Pluto conjuncting the ascendant, it is my strongest placement in my chart along with being chart ruler. I haven’t ever carried out revenge on anyone even though they would deserve it. I know its not the best thing to admit but I have wished people badly though, like I’ve wanted really horrible stuff to happen to them whenever they done me wrong. I only ever lost control of myself once and slapped someone across the face, other than that my anger comes out verbally, i can say things in the heat of the moment that are harsh because I know it will sting the other person.

I do agree that holding grudges and anger is very bad and only ends up harming and poisoning your own self in the long run though. However hard it is, it is best to try just release it and let go (easier said than done).

I have my mars in scorpio in the 8th house.
In high school, I got jumped by a really insecure dude suffering from a inferiority complex, thinking that I was pursuing his ex. Long story short, I was in my car and he socked me in the face. I've read about how the mars in scorpio in 8th house energy, when angry, is dangerous. I remember getting SO angry, I reached over to my passenger seat to grab a metal bar that I usually carry but THANKFULLY it was in the trunk. I didn't bother to open the trunk though, animalistic instincts kicked in and I was just adamant over trying to **** this guy up. Honestly, such a weird experience because it's almost like I blacked out for the middle of the fight due to being so angry. It was just pure instinct, I almost had no control over my actions.

I got out the car and beat the **** out of this guy (almost) before it got broken up. This wasn't any ordinary high school though, it was in a community college campus. Everybody there is so mature so I wouldn't even consider this as such a "childish" and "innocent" experience. I was 17.
anyways, it got broken up (the fight) by a college student. Thank god again. The dude I was fighting was born near my birthdate, also having mars in scorpio.
Mars in Scorpio in 1999 lasted for so LONG so a lot of people had it in my class actually. The high school consisted of like 250 kids, about 70 were in my actual class.

But anyways, I personally didn't feel like I got him back enough by the fight. So I patiently waited until the perfect chance to exact revenge.

This is where the mars in scorpio 8th house energy manifested.
I managed to figure out the code for one of our classrooms in order to sneak in after hours. The classroom, the one whose code i figured out, we would use it for our english class. It was just another college room where any professor could teach their class in.
I snuck into the classroom with his ex one night. I ****** her on his desk, and pretty much everywhere in the room.
Never told anybody, not even the dude I fought. But i personally felt satisfied with my way of getting revenge. However, in my mind, I knew that if it was ever necessary, I'd be able to share what I did that night and that would just 100% end any tension. But again, I'd say im only violent and dirty when provoked but trust me, you don't want to provoke a mars in scorpio, they will attack when you least expect it. And they do it so lowkey that nobody really sees it.

& Thats my mars for ya. But im containable due to the massive influence of earth in me, keeps me grounded. Im still getting older and evolving so who knows what type of man I'll be years from now (im 20). But I guess its good to keep an eye on my mars because that could be the death of me.0

edit: This was a special case though, this isn't what exemplifies the type of person I am. But again, I was provoked. Getting jumped over jealousy and all the wrong reasons is what provoked me to do that. I love war because I know I always win everytime. But it's such a dark side that I have to only acknowledge on special occasions.

Last edited:

three M symbols

This seems to be is a very "8th house" kind of revenge

(house of sexuality, other people ressources, matter of loyalty/ cheating, inconscious strenght ressources (survival instinct), etc..)

Lykanized

My household consists of two Scorpio suns(one has a massive stellium over the 10th/11th houses), two Scorpio moons, and an 8th house Cancer sun. I would hardly view them as revenge oriented. I don't even think I can identify a bark let alone a bite. However, I do see them as more bark than bite in general disregarding the context of revenge. The one who's truly vicious uses his words to threaten, but when push comes to shove, he actually seems rather scared to rock the boat or put himself in harms way, even with me a 5 ft woman

Perhaps it's kept inside tho. It's possible there's no bark nor bite I can identify because it's largely internalized

Baat

Definitely witnessed firsthand some Scorpio revenge. My ex BF had an inappropriate relationship with his ex while we were together. I guess he had cheated on her and done very hurtful things to her both when they were together and afterwards. She has extreme Pluto/Scorpio energy, Sun Venus and Mercury all conjunct Pluto, all in Scorpio. Despite his hurtful actions towards her, he remained in love with her and she really knew how to make him hurt. Hard to explain without going into too much petty detail, but she would do things to hurt him emotionally and he would come crying to me, telling me he was going to kill himself. All in all a very strange situation, but perhaps an extreme example of what Scorpios are capable of.

Hkk

Account Closed
Scorpios - its more bark than bite if anything. I don't believe all that hype, pop astrology about Scorpios. Pop astrology needs to be rewritten especially about some sun signs being 'truthful' and 'outspoken' blah blah blah ………..:w00t:

peep

I have Venus, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio so I must say that Scorpio is FEELINGS. Yep, mostly that. Running themes are Jealousy, Anger. I have struggled with anger myself as I also have Mars in Libra. All the Scorpio around me seems to be angry and say something hurtful and evil but that's that. Not a lot of them have that much of power anyway. A lot of Scorpio's have tried to intimidate and or brag to me but that is it. All of the behavior can be because Scorpio has associated fear, Fear of feeling powerless which they have to confront.

Whoam1

This yada yada is still going on... why?

I have 2 personal planets here, both of them aspect Mars/Uranus relectivke the ruling and exalting planets of scorpio. These people are horny, raw, warring, and rebellious. They are the ones who use there "stingers" to realise explosive anger, sure they can hold a grudge, but they are more likely to destroy you now and move on.

The plotting stuff is all just malarkey lol, they are actually laughing at you as they are sitting in bed reading this string in the forum after just finishing good sex with one of their 20 partners.