Feelings experienced during chanting

Arty

Hello all
When i chant navagraha gaytri mantra i feel vibrated.. Like i feel my entire body is moving especially from head to the chest

Is it normal?

creativei

Normal in terms of spirituality abnormal in terms of material world ! . material world and spiritual world never goes hands in hands both path are different . what ever right in material world and whatever considered as permanent in this world its totally wrong temporary and rubbish to outer world its a different thing and nobody cant understand or take further steps to proceed most of them will fall in between itself . i know im confusing and going off the track but in long run you understand these . ok coming to your point yes it happens not only minor feelings but also many things higher chemical reactions happens in body and mind . its because you are purifying your soul with spiritual sword so body needs to recycle and it rejuvenates itself . if you do patajanli astanga yoga your body will fly in the air !! . you get many weird terrified dreams visual of nature animals ancestors gods etc . as you move further you cut off your physical body totally become one with cosmos you no need food sleep or any material activities you attain samadhi state . but for now its just weird feelings and strange things dont panic keep on doing dont listen to mind its distracting you and trying to take wrong path , dont give place to that . krishna says mind should be tamed and bridled . so never give up , there is battle going on between material and spiritual its upto you to decide which path should take .. ...

mathur_dinesh

When you recite a mantra especially one given by a guru the latent power at the base of the spine gets energised and starts to rise to attain the highest point at the top of the skull. As the power rises you get many experiences some physical, other astral and many spiritual. It is usual to have involuntary bodily movements and visions. Such experiences have been felt by many of us too. There should not be any concern over it.