Terrible social anxiety but chart shows Extrovert?!!

kimbermoon

It is the strong fire and air energies that contribute to being an extrovert, while you have only 3 counts;
for you the emphasis is on the water/earth signs, representing sensitive and receptive types of people, and these are considered to show more introversion.
A big part of your shyness is probably linked to the Sun/Saturn square. Saturn rules the 12th H and we also find Venus afflicted by planets therein; this relates to your sense of self-esteem, which was fostered during your childhood.
The strong Cancer energies also relate to the potential for shyness, due to uncertainty and self-doubt; remember 'Shy Di' who was seriously self conscious in her public role and appeared to often feel awkward under the public eye.
Jupiter and Venus rule socialization, and both these planets are afflicted for you. Jupiter opposing Mars would affect your ability to relate socially as well. The only real indication of extroversion would be fiery Sagittarius at the MC.
What do you think causes this anxiety disorder?
Do you feel that others are always judging or scrutinizing you?
Do you suffer from a guilt complex?
Do you fear that others will find you weak and vulnerable; perhaps unacceptable in some way?
Saturn in the chart often relates to hidden fears within the psyche.

How do you think your parents contributed to this problem while you were growing up? The aspect of Sun/Saturn shows the potential for a strict, disciplinarian influence from the father in childhood, and these scars stay with us into adulthood, even if submerged below the level of consciousness.
There is also difficulty between Moon/Pluto for you and this can contribute to repressing the emotions and not dealing with them adequately.

You do have a kite configuration with Mars at the apex though, and the grand trine within offers the promise of being able to overcome such obstacles in your life. First though you need to resolve the Jupiter/Mars opposition. From the chart presented, I say that introversion dominates for you which you may have to adapt to, or make some adjustments to from within.

waybread

I wouldn't say that your chart looks terribly extroverted-- but I don't quite get a crippling anxiety disorder from it either.

When in doubt, it's always a good idea to look at the tightest hard aspect in a horoscope, as indicating the key issues with which the person will have to cope. Yours appears to be Venus opposite Neptune and Uranus. They're in the 12th house of hidden enemies (the people who gossip about you behind your back, vs. the open enemies you know about.)

Since Venus in a woman's chart symbolizes her femininity, I wonder if there is some issue for you here. Sometimes girls are made to feel that their bodies mature too quickly or too slowly, or that they are supposed to fit a certain model of girly looks, which they just can't muster. Some girls mature knowing they are gay, yet feel they cannot legitimately express this side of their personalities. With Aquarius rising and Saturn in the first house, you may feel that you look different from the others, and that this is a source of anxiety for you.

Is your fundamental fear that other people will talk about you disrespectfully behind your back?

Then you have this deep, caring Cancer moon-Mercury, with very little fire and air in your chart. You process the world through your feelings and a sense of life as basically material. How you think is how you feel emotionally. This makes it hard for you to intellectualize your way out of a problem, or to budge from your comfort zone through taking the initiative in a new direction.

Saturn square sun can give you a long term struggle with your self-esteem, yet Saturn also responds well to rigorous self-discipline. See if a rigorous exercise program helps: many people report that it enhances their self-confidence.

Like Kimberley, I wonder what is the role of your parent/s or early childhood conditioning in your dilemma. Also, have you met with a psychologist to discuss your issues? You might find it therapeutic. Your family doctor (or walk-in clinic MD) can give you a referral.

Please realize that there is nothing astrologically wrong with you, but that you do show a propensity to be very hard on yourself, notwithstanding.

Slenkar

I have saturn opposite sun and im as shy as you are.

I would advise depending only on the book writing career by itself,
because you have jupiter opposite mars and neptune opposite venus,
possible overconfidence and illusion.

MC square saturn means career delays and disappointments.