Twins

Alice McDermott

Here are your duad charts Julie. With duad charts of twins we mainly use close to exact aspects.

As you can see, there are several differences:

* Lisa has Jupiter conjunct MC in Aries with ruler Mars in Aries as well and you have the MC in Taurus in a separating, out of sign conjunction with Jupiter, with ruler Venus in Leo.
She is more suited to managerial roles than I am. Even though people look to me sometimes for leadership I do not enjoy it. She does.
This difference could also describe Lisa as being the "tomboy in jeans" and you liking dresses.

* Lisa has Pluto in closer conjunction with antiVertex in 8th house; you have Mars in exact conjunction with antiVertex in 8th house. Perhaps this fits with your statement
She thinks more before speaking and reacting than I do. She is more level headed. Better with money.

* You have the Moon conjunct IC
I am more of an emotional support for others than she is.
Your Cancer partner may be shown by the Moon in exact trine to the Descendant.

She went into a clerical job at a delivery company I went to work for a big telecoms company answering calls.
This fits Mercury rising in both duad charts as well as the Virgo MC you both have in your natal charts with its ruler, Mercury in Aries.

Perhaps you wanting children and Lisa not wanting them can be shown by your Moon on the IC and Lisa with the Black Moon on the Ascendant. I have found the Black Moon often shows up in the charts of powerful women, many whom choose not to have children.

Perhaps Lisa's tonsilitis is shown by Venus conjunct 12th cusp and your cold sores by Chiron square Ascendant?

We even have the same rare palmistry crease, a Suwon crease, hers on the left mine on the right
Were close relatives married in your family line? e.g. cousins or people with a more distant relationship but whom looked similar? I have found this crease often occurs with this genetic background.

Alice

Attachments

• Julie.gif
    Julie.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Lisa.gif
    Lisa.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 38

tikana

recently there are twins that were born 28 days apart or something. I'd like to wrap my head around that one

JUPITERASC

recently there are twins that were born 28 days apart or something. I'd like to wrap my head around that one
In vitro fertilisation and subsequent freezing and storage of fertilized eggs
means that twins may well be born several years apart
or even a DECADE AND MORE apart
as has already happened several occasions :smile:

for example

TWINS BORN SIXTEEN YEARS APAR
T http://www.planer.com/company/news/older-news-stories/324-twins-born-16-years-apart.html

TWINS BORN FIVE YEARS APART http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8991739/Twins-born-five-years-apart.html

Five-year-old Reuben Blake and seven-week-old twin Floren
were conceived from the same batch of embryos
but born five years apart Photo: Ben Birchall/PA

Reuben-Blake_2099342b.jpg

THERE ARE EVEN TRIPLETS BORN THREE YEARS APART
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-2008-baby-Elizabeths-embryo-frozen-2013.html

serafin5

So I've been studying pretty hard the last month or so all of the things that give "Traditional Astrology it's name; the dignities/debilities, duads/dwads, profections, firdaria, etc., and recently in my little town a adolescent girl passed away who was born conjoined! Her sister is alive and doing well. I assume an event chart would be in order for the day of their separation surgery but how would something like the Natal chart of conjoined twins be interpreted? (I do not have their info yet but I am working on it.)

Such an interesting thread! Thanks!

Serafin 5

Arena

I've been very interested in the similarities as well as differences of twins for a long time. My husband is a twin (identical) and they are born only 12 min apart - I guess they had mostly similar lives before he met me, but after that everything changed for him, but not for his brother. We fell in love, moved abroad for a year, had our first child 2 yrs after we met, and then our next one the year after, we renovated our apartment. My husband finished his bachelors and then masters degree and got a good job and so much has been happening in our lives for the last few years. At the same time nothing at all happened in his brother's life and he's been very lazy.

I find it interesting as well as puzzling.

I've read some very interesting insights of Ḿagi astrology society where they say that when two people's charts "meet" they kind of morph into a new chart that can really alter people's lives (my husband and I or other people). It does sound very interesting and a plausible explanation.

oriel

I've been very interested in the similarities as well as differences of twins for a long time. My husband is a twin (identical) and they are born only 12 min apart - I guess they had mostly similar lives before he met me, but after that everything changed for him, but not for his brother. We fell in love, moved abroad for a year, had our first child 2 yrs after we met, and then our next one the year after, we renovated our apartment. My husband finished his bachelors and then masters degree and got a good job and so much has been happening in our lives for the last few years. At the same time nothing at all happened in his brother's life and he's been very lazy.

I find it interesting as well as puzzling.

I've read some very interesting insights of Ḿagi astrology society where they say that when two people's charts "meet" they kind of morph into a new chart that can really alter people's lives (my husband and I or other people). It does sound very interesting and a plausible explanation.

This is so interesting.:happy:

Arena

Yes it is interesting indeed - and me being the life partner of one of them and looking at these very different lives - or the life of one changing a lot after meeting me - and me being interested in astrology, I do think that the Magi society must have a very good point there.

They do actually have many many examples they go through to show how people's lives change a lot after meeting or marrying their partner for life (for some time) - and they give you those examples for free in an e-book on the web and also on their website. They call those Cindarella transits or cindarella meetings as well as other good things astrologically, such as trines and conjunctions which they judge most powerful.

serafin5

Yes it is interesting indeed - and me being the life partner of one of them and looking at these very different lives - or the life of one changing a lot after meeting me - and me being interested in astrology, I do think that the Magi society must have a very good point there.

They do actually have many many examples they go through to show how people's lives change a lot after meeting or marrying their partner for life (for some time) - and they give you those examples for free in an e-book on the web and also on their website. They call those Cindarella transits or cindarella meetings as well as other good things astrologically, such as trines and conjunctions which they judge most powerful.

Did you say an "e-book for free"? May I ask where could one find this? Also, would this be downloadable?

I agree with you, such a great topic; doubly for you since you've seen first hand this kind of thing.

Blessings to you!
Serafin 5

Arena

The Magi society does offer subscription to their web and their program where you pay for it, but they offer their book online yes, they leave out the three last chapters I think. Just google it ... I am not sure if it is ok for me to post the link here?

HoldOrFold

I think monomoiria etc. is a bit grasping seeing as twins can be so different and it's not a usual method in delienating charts, so why suddenly does it become so relevant for twins?

Also think of Siamese twins like Abby and Brittany Hensel who literally share the same body but have distinct personalities. What's interesting about this case is the twin on the left side of the body is more quiet, shy and the one on the right is more dominant.

In normal non-conjoined twins there are also usually a dominant twin and a more reserved twin (alpha and beta twins).

An astrological theory I've heard which kind of fits in with this is that one twin takes on half of the chart and the other takes on the other half. Or one takes on the masculine planets and the other the feminine.

sworm09

Also think of Siamese twins like Abby and Brittany Hensel who literally share the same body but have distinct personalities. What's interesting about this case is the twin on the left side of the body is more quiet, shy and the one on the right is more dominant.

In normal non-conjoined twins there are also usually a dominant twin and a more reserved twin (alpha and beta twins).

An astrological theory I've heard which kind of fits in with this is that one twin takes on half of the chart and the other takes on the other half. Or one takes on the masculine planets and the other the feminine.

I can literally think of no way to explain this. All of the basic patterns in the chart would be exactly the same, but perhaps this goes back to what Konrad said earlier about the same configurations manifesting in different ways. Robert Hand calls this "astrological polymorphism".

Most of my basis is in the Renaissance authors so one of the most important things in the chart from that perspective is the native's temperament. For conjoined twins we would get the same chart, and thus the same temperament. Going back to the concept of astrological polymorphism, there are a range of expressions of a person's temperament. Let's say that a pair of conjoined twins both share a Sanguine temperament. One is more sociable and cheery, yet the other is more nervous and sensitive. Is that a difference in temperament? Not necessarily; the sociable, cheery twin is showing more of the "hot" characteristics of the Sanguine temperament while the more nervous twin is displaying the more unstable "moist" characteristics of the Sanguine temperament.

That's just in theory though. I've never worked with conjoined twins, but in working with single people I've found that the same temperament will often have a spectrum of expressions. That sort of make determinism a tough pill to swallow.

FindMeInTheStars

Were close relatives married in your family line? e.g. cousins or people with a more distant relationship but whom looked similar? I have found this crease often occurs with this genetic background.

Alice

Not that I know of

petosiris

Banned
I think monomoiria etc. is a bit grasping seeing as twins can be so different and it's not a usual method in delienating charts, so why suddenly does it become so relevant for twins?

Either people start using dozens of lots, monomoiria and dodekatemoria in every chart, or they would not have solid foundation of dealing with this problem - because it is extremely artificial to use divisions just for multiple births. If you want to go that route, you can use the next sign for the next child, and so on in zodiacal order, but as I said, it would be artificial and perhaps untrue (I have no first hand experience with twins).

But using the lower divisions would necessitate precise birth times, which is another difficult problem in astrology.

Last edited: