Favorite genre of music, movies, and books?

conspiracy theorist

Lyrics are THE most important thing to me with music, I wonder if there are aspects to denote that preference?!

This is just a muse but maybe how you would see this in the chart is to look at how people-oriented, prone to loneliness (as opposed to loner-ness) and conventional the natal chart is.

For instance, I have all planets in the left-hemisphere which is the self side of the chart, 5 planets in fire and a fire ascendant, 12th house planets, Mars on the ascendant, Aquarius moon, and since I've been buddy buddy with him recently, Pluto conjunct my Sun and Mercury. All of this points to a highly individual and self willed person who doesn't particularly have a strong need for others around him. This may have some significance in the music that I like in that I don't particularly need other people (in the sense of hearing their voice) for me to enjoy it.

Blaze

Account Closed
Hmm. Music. Well, It really depends. I dislike the edgy metal and punk rock the teens are into (though I used to listen to it when I was a little snot). Rap music has to have a message or tell a story for me to enjoy it, though I do enjoy freestyle. Other than that my ears tend to be wide open. Oh, so long as it isn't Hanatarash, I'll give it a listen.

Movies...well...I only watch movies if I must. Sitting down and looking at actors do stuff never got my Gemini juices flowing. I do tend to like Action or mystery movies most. A "Who dun it" story is always interesting and mindless action combined with lots of "Boom boom" can be entertaining.

Books, well, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Poetry (mainly epic poems), Politics, history, Philosophy, Sociology. I like to read comics instead of watching TV as I find those far more enjoyable as well.

MadArchitect

Nevermind my last comment toward you.

When you say "Pluto Dominance" you mean you have a strong Scorpio influence in your chart, right? I do as well.

dominance means your Dominant planet in the chart
you may have Leo sun and Rising
but you ended being jupiterian
because Jupiter becomes dominant of the chart
by his aspects-position on your chart.

if you wanna find your dominant go here

http://gordianobrunati.com/cgi-bin/cal01EN.cgi

anyways. no music and no movies equalls no life for me.....
i love music and films

my 12th house stellium probably plays a big role on that

Last edited:

Laineydreamer21

What are your main placements?

I am interested in this, too. Are you dominated by a particular element or sign in your chart?

I am ruled heavily by Water. There is a strong Scorpio influence in my chart, and I also have a few aspects that suggest I am a writer or could be a writer. This could explain the importance of lyrics for me.

I'm 4 fire and 3 water but my chart is apparently dominated by Venus, followed by Saturn and Neptune.. I'm Pisces sun and Mercury like I said above, with Gemini moon.. Maybe the moon is why I love lyrics.. Or it could be that my Mercury is squared my Neptune which I feel must be responsible for my communication block.. I find it very hard to communicate what I'm thinking/feeling. Maybe that's why lyrics/poetry is so important to me.

Laineydreamer21

This is just a muse but maybe how you would see this in the chart is to look at how people-oriented, prone to loneliness (as opposed to loner-ness) and conventional the natal chart is.

For instance, I have all planets in the left-hemisphere which is the self side of the chart, 5 planets in fire and a fire ascendant, 12th house planets, Mars on the ascendant, Aquarius moon, and since I've been buddy buddy with him recently, Pluto conjunct my Sun and Mercury. All of this points to a highly individual and self willed person who doesn't particularly have a strong need for others around him. This may have some significance in the music that I like in that I don't particularly need other people (in the sense of hearing their voice) for me to enjoy it.

Hmm.. I like how you think! You may be right. For me though I don't like/need people around me, i am completely an introvert.. But words have huge affect on me. I love love love glimpsing inside people's heads and poems and song lyrics gives me that glimpse 😊

Hmm.. I like how you think! You may be right. For me though I don't like/need people around me, i am completely an introvert.. But words have huge affect on me. I love love love glimpsing inside people's heads and poems and song lyrics gives me that glimpse 😊

I think I'm similar to you in this way! I also just love words. Poetry and lyrics are a form of art.

dominance means your Dominant planet in the chart

I got Venus as my dominant planet. I only have one Libra placement (my Sun) and no Taurus but I have 5 aspects in Venus. I have Venus in House 1, Venus in Conjunction with Jupiter, Venus in Sextile of Uranus, Venus in Sextile of Neptune, and Venus in Conjunction with Pluto.

That's an interesting theory. I'm certainly not people-orientated but I still would rather listen to the sound of beautiful, strong vocals than an instrument. For me it's about hearing the emotion in their voice. My favorite instrument besides the human voice is piano if that means anything.

conspiracy theorist

That's an interesting theory. I'm certainly not people-orientated but I still would rather listen to the sound of beautiful, strong vocals than an instrument. For me it's about hearing the emotion in their voice. My favorite instrument besides the human voice is piano if that means anything.

I've seen your chart and it has a similar structure to mine, so I can see where we may both be less inclined to others than ourselves. Personally, I like the rhythm of the instruments and their rising and fall more so than anything the singer has to say (at least most of the time). I tend to listen to a lot of electric music, and non-mainstream material. Drums are my thing.

Another difference might be that you are heavily Scorpio whilst I have an Aquarius moon. You may need that emotional quality more so than I.

I've seen your chart and it has a similar structure to mine, so I can see where we may both be less inclined to others than ourselves.

What do you mean by "structure"?

Another difference might be that you are heavily Scorpio whilst I have an Aquarius moon. You may need that emotional quality more so than I.

Oddly enough, I have a Sagittarius Moon... and yet I am a deeply emotional person.

My Sagittarius Moon is the one placement that I do not relate to very well, but I suppose that's off topic. I would like to explore that deeper sometime.

conspiracy theorist

What do you mean by "structure"?

The way the planets are configured in the chart. A more formal way to look at it is through the chart patterns.

http://www.myastrologybook.com/planetary-patterns-of-astrology.htm

You have a lot of planets on the left hemisphere of the chart and clustered around the ASC - as do I.

Oddly enough, I have a Sagittarius Moon... and yet I am a deeply emotional person.

My Sagittarius Moon is the one placement that I do not relate to very well, but I suppose that's off topic. I would like to explore that deeper sometime.

Well, you'll find that if you view the chart as a synthesis of various ingredients that result in the final product - you - many things will start to make sense.

Sure, you have a Sagittarius moon but you also contain many planets + your ASC in Scorpio, a watery fixed sign. This would overpower the general carefree and "blase" attitude of the Sagittarius and perhaps bring about the more thoughtful, philosophical and existential nature of Sagittarius' quest for truth and meaning. Also if you forget the signs for a minute, the moon is located in the first house IIRC, and this would make you more strongly irrational, imaginative and dreamy than just Sagittarius alone might suggest.

I also take it that you're a writer. Moon has a very strong importance to writing.

duriancomet

I am a Scorpio Sun, Virgo Moon, Pisces Rising.

My favorite genre for books is horror, fantasy, erotic, and mystery. I love scary fiction, especially short stories. I also love fairy tales.
For movies I love horror, especially supernatural horror, mysteries, and also a lot of fantasy and family/children's movies.
I am all over the place on music. I really like cute music like 60s girl groups and shibuya kei, and a lot of 'goth' rock type stuff, and doowop, and country and bluegrass, and 80s electro, and these lady jazz singers... im not sure what that genre even is... some classical, and just a lot of this and that. I am really bad at answering 'what is your favorite music?' because I am just not really sure! I just like music? :tongue:

Sure, you have a Sagittarius moon but you also contain many planets + your ASC in Scorpio, a watery fixed sign. This would overpower the general carefree and "blase" attitude of the Sagittarius and perhaps bring about the more thoughtful, philosophical and existential nature of Sagittarius' quest for truth and meaning. Also if you forget the signs for a minute, the moon is located in the first house IIRC, and this would make you more strongly irrational, imaginative and dreamy than just Sagittarius alone might suggest.

I also take it that you're a writer. Moon has a very strong importance to writing.

Thanks for explaining. That does make sense. There are certain traits I relate to with Sagittarius but overall I am not a particularly easygoing or jovial person.

Yes, I am a writer. I've completed a couple novels and have written hundreds of poems and short stories.

Sounds very prolific. What are some of the subjects you write about?

For fiction I normally focus on real life scenarios, not on fantasy or the supernatural. Poetry is much the same. People's true hardships and raw emotions are what interest me most. The books I've written are about addiction, abuse, and loss. I also like words, the English language as a whole. Everything can be written in such a way that it is art and that is definitely my favorite thing to read and write.

AppLeo

For fiction I normally focus on real life scenarios, not on fantasy or the supernatural. Poetry is much the same. People's true hardships and raw emotions are what interest me most. The books I've written are about addiction, abuse, and loss. I also like words, the English language as a whole. Everything can be written in such a way that it is art and that is definitely my favorite thing to read and write.

Write a book about me :D