North node on ascendant line

MissSagittarius

What do you mean about me being able to actualize all symbols in the chart though? Does that mean I can master all the houses lessons or something?

you have it correct.
most people are ruled or directed by a few of their symbol/planets. other planets can pose difficulties, but with the node exactly on the ascendant ,you have the potential to gain and master all aspects ,sign, houses and planet for your growth.

rahu
Interesting. I hope I can master all of the lessons in this life cause after this lifetime I don't want to be reincarnated here on earth again lol. This placement kind of tells me that I may be here to tie up all of the loose ends I have and to understand and master all of it. Thank you for providing your insight!

Jadi

Interesting. I hope I can master all of the lessons in this life cause after this lifetime I don't want to be reincarnated here on earth again lol. This placement kind of tells me that I may be here to tie up all of the loose ends I have and to understand and master all of it. Thank you for providing your insight!
You can start by eliminating the desire for self-mastery and you will master it all :joyful:

wilsontc

Staff member
North node on ascendant, to Sagittarius

Sagittarius,

You said:
I noticed that I have my notth node on the ascendant line by the 1st and 12th house. What does this mean? What house is my north node in?

It means you have North node (future goals, :northnode:) on your Ascendant (self), resulting a STRONG need for personal self-development. While you may be tempted to rely on your relationships (South node (the past) on the Descendant (others) ), the future direction in your life is on developing yourself for yourself.

Self-ing,

Tim

carpediem

Brittany/Sagittarius,

I have been studying Vedic astrology, and wanted to post a follow-up comment in connection to my earlier comments. Like you, I also have my North Node exactly conjunct my ascendant (indicating a fated incarnation). When the North Node (Rahu) is exactly conjunct the ascendant, the person's fate/karma is tied to the physical body. There will be some type of fated event that occurs in connection to the physical body -- perhaps a serious health problem or sudden accident.

John F. Kennedy Jr. had his North Node exactly conjunct his ascendant, and he died in a tragic plane crash. Joni Patry has written an intelligent analysis of his chart. "One last note as to the fate of this chart...is the mark Rahu makes on it. Rahu is at the exact degree of the Ascendant. This chart has the mark of the serpent's bite. The karmas here are undeniable, indicating great gains and losses in the physical world and situations far beyond control."

David Hawthorn has created a solid video about when Rahu and Ketu Exactly Afflict the Ascendant Degree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFEPdBR7_j8

The nodes eclipse the moon, causing darkness, calamity, upheaval, and sudden reversals. North Node exactly conjunct the Ascendant (Rahu conjunct Lagna) is rare. Systems Approach in Vedic astrology teaches that the "Most Effective Point" is the ascendant (lagna) degree. So in your chart, the Most Effective Point of any house is 25 degrees. If Rahu or Ketu are precisely conjunct the ascendant, then they are sitting on the Most Effective Point. Rahu and Ketu will closely afflict the houses they occupy and aspect, i.e., the first, third, fifth, seventh, ninth, and eleventh houses in the chart. (Under Systems Approach, Rahu and Ketu aspect the fifth, seventh, and ninth houses from their positions in either the natal or transit chart.) Here is another analysis of JFK Jr.'s chart.

I have a theory that if someone has Rahu or Ketu exactly conjunct the lagna degree, then this placement is usually malefic to the physical body and hinders longevity. I would like to study more charts of people who have either Rahu or Ketu exactly conjunct their ascendants. I wish I could search Astrodatabank by aspect, but this search feature is not possible yet.

When looking at your chart from a modern Western perspective, I noticed that you have the 6th lord Saturn squaring the 8th lord Neptune. I also have this aspect natally. Saturn-Neptune aspects are often associated with serious illness (especially when they involve the 6th and 8th lords). Watch your progressed chart. When your "Saturn Square Neptune" aspect becomes exact by progression (0-1 degree applying), be careful with your health. You would need to see the natal Saturn-Neptune aspect become exact by progression, and then for transits to trigger those planets in your natal (i.e. transiting Saturn conjunct natal Neptune and transiting Neptune opposite natal Saturn, combined with the aspect becoming exact by secondary progression).

Based on your chart, health problems afflicting the physical body could become an issue. Do everything you can to safeguard your health and stay on top of any potential health problems! I am speaking from experience. Finally, you can use remedial measures to reduce the difficulty of Rahu being exactly conjunct your ascendant. Rahu exactly conjunct the ascendant brings some benefits as previously discussed (charisma, persuasion, psychic ability, intelligence, lanky/thin), but it can also bring fated harm to the physical body.

JUPITERASC

Glad you enjoyed my comments, Brittany.

Apparently, North Node conjunct the ascendant is a rare aspect.
I've met only a handful of people with the North Node tightly conjunct their ascendant,
and they are all slender with long limbs.
Most of them are taller than average
North Node conjunct the ascendant IS NOT a rare aspect
because North Node conjuncts ascendant once daily :smile:

however
one indiviaudal is unlikely to have met EVERYONE born worldwide
when the Node conjuncts the ascendant
which happens once daily

and it is unlikely they ALL appear as lanky and thin with long limbs

As a child, when I visited my grandparents, my grandmother (who is very plump)
would always encourage me to eat more saying, "You're so thin."
I'm not exceptionally tall, but I definitely have long legs and arms and have always been slender.
Since the North Node is affecting one's body (ascendant),
it makes sense that there would be some effect on your physical appearance.
snce there are hundreds of millions - if not billions - of thin kids
with no North Node ascendant conjunction

clearly then
not ALL thin people have North Node conjunct ascendant

therefore some other factor is at work

Yes, I found Steve Judd's video disturbingly accurate, too.
Although based on my research and understanding,
karma and past lives are very real.
So, I disagree with Steve Judd's perspective on karma and past lives.
Past lives are not provable except in fairly rare cases https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyHuN1G1vk

more examples:

SIX KIDS WHO REMEMBER THEIR PAST LIVES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxGMzIRrtwg

FIVE KIDS WHO REMEMBER THEIR PAST LIVES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNAtJj8HsM

REINCARNATION IN AMERICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhYQGbGE_o

carpediem

North Node conjunct the ascendant IS NOT a rare aspect
because North Node conjuncts ascendant once daily :smile:

however
one indiviaudal is unlikely to have met EVERYONE born worldwide
when the Node conjuncts the ascendant
which happens once daily

and it is unlikely they ALL appear as lanky and thin with long limbs

snce there are hundreds of millions - if not billions - of thin kids
with no North Node ascendant conjunction

clearly then
not ALL thin people have North Node conjunct ascendant

therefore some other factor is at work

Past lives are not provable except in fairly rare cases https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyHuN1G1vk

Steve Judd, who has been practicing astrology professionally for more than 35 years, says that North Node conjunct ascendant is a rare aspect. I will take the knowledge of a 35-year professional astrologer over the misspelled ramblings of a forum poster any day. If you disagree with Steve Judd's statement, then maybe you should send Steve Judd an email and take-up your case with him. Since you feel that North Node conjunct ascendant is common, please provide twenty charts of individuals who have their North Node EXACTLY conjunct their ascendant degree. This means that if the ascendant is 11 degrees Libra, then the North Node is also 11 degrees Libra. If the ascendant degree is 18 Leo, then the North Node is also 18 degrees Leo. The minutes of arc do not matter. I am simply looking at the ascendant degree & sign being equal to the North Node degree & sign. I have combed through a good portion of AstroDatabank, and I have only found one chart (so far) that meets this criteria. John F. Kennedy Junior's chart meets this criteria.

No one has said that ALL individuals who have North Node conjunct their ascendant must be thin and lanky. It was simply an observation. There are numerous factors affecting physical appearance. Your reply above has sloppy misspellings of basic words such as "since" and "individual," which calls into question the intelligence level of your response.

Regarding past lives, many highly enlightened and intelligent people (including rishis Parashara, Jaimini, and Paramahansa Yogananda) have taught the validity of past lives. Dr. Ian Stevenson (psychiatrist at the University of Virginia School of Medicine for more than fifty years, and chair of the department of psychiatry) has traveled the world, from Lebanon to suburban Virginia, investigating and documenting more than 2,000 past life cases. Dr. Ian Stevenson received research grants while at the University of Virginia to document these cases. In fact, his research was featured in the book Old Souls: Compelling Evidence from Children Who Remember Past Lives, which was written by award-winning journalist (and past life skeptic) Tom Shroder. I think we will simply have to agree to disagree here.

Last edited:

Anx

2q00feq.png

Hey Guys! this thread is very interesting. I wonder if the characteristics you discussed about also apply to my case where it's not the exact same degree but very close (NN conj ASC).
Since i'm also a kite formation maybe you'll have some insight you'd like to share. (mars as the kite tail in the exact cusp of 8th house)

and yes I also identify as to having long limbs haha

tnx

rahu

Banned
2q00feq.png

Hey Guys! this thread is very interesting. I wonder if the characteristics you discussed about also apply to my case where it's not the exact same degree but very close (NN conj ASC).
Since i'm also a kite formation maybe you'll have some insight you'd like to share. (mars as the kite tail in the exact cusp of 8th house)

and yes I also identify as to having long limbs haha

tnx

I think with the moon/mercury and moon/Uranus midpoints near the node/asc shows that you have astral abilities also . you might have vivid dreams, flying or prophetic dreams. and with venus loosely square to the node, you are hot too.:smile:
a chart with exact degrees would be easier to interpret

rahu

Anx

I think with the moon/mercury and moon/Uranus midpoints near the node/asc shows that you have astral abilities also . you might have vivid dreams, flying or prophetic dreams. and with venus loosely square to the node, you are hot too.:smile:
a chart with exact degrees would be easier to interpret

rahu

Here is the one with exact degrees! Thanks for replying!!!

Last edited:

Anx

How did you insert your chart like that?!
I'm having so many issues showing my chart I want feedback on...

THANKS!

Hey!

have the chart image saved on your pc.
access an image upload website, and upload it... I'm using the following:
http://postimg.org/
click on "upload" or "carregar".
it will give you a list of links with different formats to use your uploaded chart.
copy the one that says "para fóruns".
Go to the forum and paste that link in your reply.
click on "preview post" to see if it actually worked.

rahu

Banned

Here is the one with exact degrees! Thanks for replying!!!

yea moon/mercury midpoint is conjunct the node /ascendant which heightens you psychic abilities and emotional intuitions. this also gives you a high intelligence. the pluto/Uranus and pluto/Neptune midpoints are lso conjunct the node which can bring dreams of a dark nature. you could have dreams of negative events before they happen. you might have dreams of disembodied souls or have souls or entities try to communicate in your dreams.

with mars opposed to Uranus and square to Jupiter ,you are a radical. you do not follow corrupt laws .though this is an aspect of turbulences you also have Venus trine to mars and sextile to Uranus which adds charm and gives an attractive demeanor. so you seem to be able to switch from being a gracious and accommodating person to a quick and aggressive person at the drop of a hat.

with chiron square to your moon and pluto, you have a deep, profound, analytical and critical mind . but this often get you into troubles with others because you do not have tact , and will tell other's what you think about them whether it is good or bad or whether they want to know or not.

overall you have a brilliant intellect and dynamic behavior. so you challenge is to be able these forces within you in a social context instead of reigning on societies fringes.
rahu

Holist

I would like to contribute my chart to the discussion.

Jan 8 1985 Toronto, Canada 13:32

My North Node isn't exact the ASC but it's within 3 degrees orb. I am tall and lanky. Everywhere I go people usually notice me, for better or worse. I seem to have a presence that stands out. I've traditionally looked at my NN/SN through 12th/6th house but lately I've been thinking more about 1st/7th houses. I also tend to look at my chart in Placidus but lately I've been using Whole Signs. The differences are interesting to consider but I'm not sure yet. My Sun/Jupiter in 9th house is very fitting, so I don't care where my Sun ends up because I'll always have a 9th house inner world that runs my life.

Everyone who knows me thinks I am the most enlightened person they know, but I don't feel that way about myself. People call me shamanic, though I don't relate to this term. I seem to have a profound impact on people in my day to day interactions with them even though I'm not intending to be that way. I seem to be the solution to everyone's existential angst without meaning to be. Many of my clients (as a clinical healer) and my friends have given me the nick name "Jesus" independent of each other. It has made me feel uncomfortable... but I think this is describing a quality they are sensing from me. My sense of NN/ASC is that it's like wearing your soul on your sleeve. The personality and the soul become presented together, so people sense a lot of depth and out-of-the-ordinary kinds of impressions from you. The same would be true of anyone whose soul was being projected in this way. Lots of lives, lots of experiences, lots of enigmatic stuff.

I am extremely psychic, to the point that I have taken part in studies on psychism. My day to day life is rather reclusive right now because I find the outside world over-stimulating. I can see auras and interpret what they mean. I hear the dead and sense the presence of non-human entities. I've astral projected since childhood. Very vivid dreams, also precognitive ones. I can read people like a book, which has its pros and cons. If you're helping them or they ask then cool, but if you don't want to know then you can't unsee it. But it makes my world very honest and no non-sense. When people talk with me, the more they talk the less I register their personality because so much other information comes through. I feel like a really sensitive hand that should be wearing a glove at all times, except for when it's removed by choice to touch something intentionally. I struggle with the glove, and I seem to get more and more psychic as the years go on.

Everyone thinks psychic powers are cool but they don't know what they're asking for. I've met people more sensitive than I am who have to live in the middle of nowhere because they can't handle society, or they end up in mental hospitals. I've had more than one nervous breakdown from things that the mundane world doesn't understand, like spirit attacks. It's also not "cool" to be a child whose parents don't know what's going on and you're too young to understand it either. Psychism... I mean real-deal psychism... makes life very hard. You have to contend with a lot more. You see a lot more but you also have to withstand a lot more. And it's all in hiding because the mainstream reality is not aware of any of it. All the psychic residues I have to contend with on a daily basis if I'm outside are not fun. Bright lights, smells, people's weird, unclean energy that they never remove because our culture doesn't teach anyone about it. Sometimes I wish I was not born this way, but it is what it is.

I'm a magician on a lineage path. Won't say which one. I turned to traditional magic systems because they not only accepted stuff I have always experienced, they have actual tools for how to work with it. I mean really work with it, almost predictably. A + B = C kind of stuff. It's also a way for me to progress within my gifts since there's never any end to learning and development.

I would further describe my life by saying that I experience non-ordinary reality A LOT, to the point where it's normal to me. Strange stuff doesn't phase me. When people tell me their personal problems or shames, I just say, "Yup"... and they are shocked at how accepting I am. It's not really acceptance so much as it is nothing shocks me anymore. Even if I didn't seek to be a professional who did this kind of work, I would be doing it anyway. I would be healing people even if I was homeless. I can't change the channel that I am, even though sometimes I wish I could.

As a child I had a hard time with a lot of this. I'd suffer spirit attacks while sleeping and night terrors. I'd have memories of having special powers that can no longer manifest in this life. Some of those powers did manifest for real during maturity, like the ability to take all this complex etheric content and put it into clear, readable language for humanity. Or being able to touch an object and know its origins. Too bad the ability the fly wasn't one of them, though walking through walls or flying in the astral is a pretty good close second. :)

I've had life threatening illness since my Saturn return. The illness has, honestly, felt like a major processing of karma from this life and past lives. I can't deny it anymore. I even have dreams about it. I feel that in a past life I abused power or authority somehow. Illness always finds me and I fear being debilitated forever by what's happened. I am trying my best to find a cure or at least an effective treatment but I fear (without really knowing) that this may be the price I have to pay for the way I am. The more clean and pure I become, the more sensitive I become, and the more that offensive things injure me. The geni can't be put back into the bottle.

Regardless of the reason, I feel like this life is fated and that major work is being done in this life. When I was younger I was pretty arrogant and thought that this specialness made me superior. I also went out of my way to try and do the work in an ego way. Since getting sick my ego has softened a lot to the point where I can listen a lot more closely to spiritual queues.

I try not to read too much into narratives and specific meanings anymore. I am not attached to astrology even.

Right now I'm trying to figure out (or grow into) a way to serve humanity while in this terribly sick body, while also not getting bogged down in the mundane world too much. I feel that my birth, while challenging to a suicidal degree, is important. Not more important than anyone else, but just... important. I have gifts, abilities, insights and a soul connection that is hard to convey to others. The problem is that it makes me feel remote from everyone else. I feel other worldly to myself.

I'm here to be a healer. What that means is still evolving. I went the scholastic route and the travel route, but I've plateaued for the time being. My Saturn return unleashed health hell into my life. I sometimes wonder if I'm in the cosmic time-out box or the penalty box. This has been a huge period of downtime. One of the benefits is that it's challenging my perceived place of my role in the world. Everything that I thought defined me before has mostly been obliterated. What's left feels real... but I haven't totally come to terms with it yet.

Sorry to write on and on, I just wanted to provide a case study. For what it's worth, I have done astrology for 10 years now and I have never come across another person with NN on the ASC. Someone once had it on the MC but I don't remember the details of their life.

Because my ASC ruler is exalted I'm hoping this lends to a longer life than what I've heard of others with NN/ASC. Part of me doesn't really care anymore if I die. I don't mean that in a depressed way. It's just... being aware of some different levels of what goes on in this universe, I trust there's a plan, even if I don't know it. If I die then I guess I'm not needed here anymore.

Last edited:

Oddity

It's going to sound prosaic, but the north node strengthens you and weakens partners - seventh house folk, whether lovers, enemies or competitors. They're often corrupted somehow, not as good for you as they ought to be, or weak, or ill.

I've known a few folk with this configuration. It's not the worst, though you do have to be careful about who gets entangled in your life.

So sorry to hear that you're still so very ill :(

MissSagittarius

I would like to contribute my chart to the discussion.

Jan 8 1985 Toronto, Canada 13:32

My North Node isn't exact the ASC but it's within 3 degrees orb. I am tall and lanky. Everywhere I go people usually notice me, for better or worse. I seem to have a presence that stands out. I've traditionally looked at my NN/SN through 12th/6th house but lately I've been thinking more about 1st/7th houses. I also tend to look at my chart in Placidus but lately I've been using Whole Signs. The differences are interesting to consider but I'm not sure yet. My Sun/Jupiter in 9th house is very fitting, so I don't care where my Sun ends up because I'll always have a 9th house inner world that runs my life.

Everyone who knows me thinks I am the most enlightened person they know, but I don't feel that way about myself. People call me shamanic, though I don't relate to this term. I seem to have a profound impact on people in my day to day interactions with them even though I'm not intending to be that way. I seem to be the solution to everyone's existential angst without meaning to be. Many of my clients (as a clinical healer) and my friends have given me the nick name "Jesus" independent of each other. It has made me feel uncomfortable... but I think this is describing a quality they are sensing from me. My sense of NN/ASC is that it's like wearing your soul on your sleeve. The personality and the soul become presented together, so people sense a lot of depth and out-of-the-ordinary kinds of impressions from you. The same would be true of anyone whose soul was being projected in this way. Lots of lives, lots of experiences, lots of enigmatic stuff.
Wow, thank you for contributing your chart to the thread. I really relate to a lot of the things you have said. I also haven't met another person with this placement so it's nice to see that I'm not the only one living with this other worldly type of energy in life.

I have also been called a guru or a shaman type of person many times by my friends and family. I think its because of the advice I offer them and how I just offer a very objective point of view. My intuition has been strong all of my life and I somehow just "know" a lot of things, which end up being true in the end. I find that my intuition is still getting stronger to this day and that I am being called to really listen to it. I'm able to understand others well and what their true intentions really are. I'm also not shocked with anything out of the ordinary, because I feel that I have seen and experienced it all already for some reason. I am very sensitive to things outside as well and also feel that I should wear gloves just to cover and protect that sensitivity. The amount of things I feel and pick up on feels too overpowering, especially when I am around a large amount of people. I've constantly struggled with this in my day to day life and it's caused lots of problems for me in my life. Neptune sitting in my 6th house probably isn't helping out either. :|

I can go on and on about more of the strange occurrences of my life but I will keep it short here. What I do know is that there is definitely something "different" with me, and others can usually pick up on this. I myself even feel this strange energy, and have not yet been able to fully understand it. I also have always felt a strong sense of purpose in this life. Even as a child I have always known that I have to help out in some way. It also surprises me that just a few words of wisdom I provide, can greatly help others with making progress in their lives and with seeing things in a much different way. It's as if this placement makes you into a human crystal, that when placed beside another person, we help to align that person to their higher life purpose. This seems really synonymous with the whole meaning of the North Node as well since it has to do with our life purpose.

Holist

It's going to sound prosaic, but the north node strengthens you and weakens partners - seventh house folk, whether lovers, enemies or competitors. They're often corrupted somehow, not as good for you as they ought to be, or weak, or ill.

I've known a few folk with this configuration. It's not the worst, though you do have to be careful about who gets entangled in your life.

So sorry to hear that you're still so very ill :(

My major romantic relationships have mostly all been with narcissists who grew from knowing me but damaged me in the process, one of them severely. I resonate 100% with what you just said. It all starts out really perfect seeming and then goes to hell in really hard to predict ways. I also have Uranus in the 7th house which adds further confusion.