will i get into graduate school, when i apply?

tessitta

yesterday i asked my first horary question and i am wondering if anyone can help me with interpreting it.

for years now i am thinking of applying to a certain graduate school (something similar to doctor of philosophy fine arts). the challenge is, one can only apply every 2 years and only 7 students will get accepted. unfortunatly my last application arrived too late, it was excludet from the selection process and therefore not accepted. now, two years later, i wonder if i will get into this school, wenn i apply?

my application is actually not ready to be send. the project i have in mind is innovative, and i think my chances could be good, but i really doubt, if i should apply or would it be a waste of time?

with saturn in my first house (scorpio) and its ruler pluto in the second house and a lots of malefic aspects from saturn to MC, 9th and 10th house - i interprate my question as a "NO" - as a "it is too late now!" answer.

peace and love,
tessitta

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

tessitta

is the chart unreadable with saturn in 1st house?

p.s. at present i am very busy with some other projects and have nearly no time for the application. i asked the question to find out, if i should just work harder and find the time to do it, or just forget about it and focus on my current projects?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I am taking the question to be "Will I get into this graduate school?"

You are correct that Saturn in the 1st is not a good indicator for success in this matter.
Other unfavorable factors are:
There is no reception from the program to you, and only marginal reception from you to it. So it makes me wonder if you are really very interested in it? Also Moon, located in the unfortunate 8th place and ruler of the 9th place of higher learning, does not apply to an aspect to you/Mars. I am sorry; I do not see the undertaking as being successful.

tessitta

thank you very much for your reply, IleneK!

You are right, i am not very much interesed in it, altought i like the project i have in mind for the application. maybe this school is not the right place for it? i asked the question also to re-examine my interest.

Last edited:

tessitta

i just find following information in another thread:

"If the Ascendant is Via Combusta, it means the situation could change very suddenly."

my AC is 13,49 in scorpio. when i understand it right it is via combusta,
but how can i interpret it?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
The most powerful indicator of the action coming to pass is the aspect between the two significators. When there is neither aspect or reception between the significators, it points to an outcome of no, regardless of the influence of the position of the rising point.

If the chart's answer to your question were more tentative, then the rising point might factor in. But I do not see that here. And part of the reason is that you state, and the chart reflects, that you really don't care about the matter that much.

tessitta

hello IleneK,

thank you so much for your answer, i really appreciate it!

p.s. saturn is actually transisting my AC in my natal chart. i re-think and re-examine a lot at monent. i see way too many ways and wonder wich path to take...

Last edited:

tessitta

the deeper i examine the chart, the more i get confused : (

my AC is in scorpio (via combusta) and the significator could be mars in the 9th house leo, trine saturn in 1st house. or is it pluto in 2dn house?

sun 9th house leo sextil moon 8th house gemini. mercury is in 10th house virgo in conjunction with MC, venus, jupter and sun.

mercury, MC, venus and jupiter square saturn in 1st house.

no, no, no, no : D

Last edited:

tessitta

hello tikana,

thank you very much for your reply!

"gpa"? what exactly do you mean?

have mars semi-sextil jupiter in same house no positive influence?

no, no, no, no : D

Last edited:

tessitta

i am not living in the united states, therefore i did not know what a gpa could mean.

no, my gpa is not low!
i graduate with summa cum laude (univerity) and this is the highest gpa one could have : )

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The most powerful indicator of the action coming to pass is the aspect between the two significators.
When there is neither aspect or reception between the significators, it points to an outcome of no,
regardless of the influence of the position of the rising point.

If the chart's answer to your question were more tentative, then the rising point might factor in.
But I do not see that here.
And part of the reason is that you state, and the chart reflects, that you really don't care about the matter that much.
10th SIGN (Career) is Leo (ruled by Sun)
and Sun is conjunct Ascendant-ruler Mars (Querent)
Mars literally ingressing Leo ~ interesting
:smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
10th SIGN (Career) is Leo (ruled by Sun)
and Sun is conjunct Ascendant-ruler Mars (Querent)
Mars literally ingressing Leo ~ interesting

Well, it is. Thank you for pointing that out.
Might you care to say anything further as it relates to the question? :)

tessitta

oh, JUPITERASC, very wonderful to get some new insights here.

i thought 10th SIGN is VIRGO, ruled by MERCURY in VIRGO, conjunct MC, VENUS and JUPITER.

am i wrong?

IleneK

Premium Member
You're experienced in Horary IleneK ~ I'm more interested in natal astrology
and would appreciate your opinion

Well, I don't have an opinion or quite see how it fits into delineation of the question. Perhaps the more experienced horary members may comment?

JUPITERASC

oh, JUPITERASC, very wonderful to get some new insights here.

i thought 10th SIGN is VIRGO, ruled by MERCURY in VIRGO, conjunct MC, VENUS and JUPITER.

am i wrong?
You're not wrong ~ it's a matter of houses and signs
Ascendant Sign is Scorpio,
so then 12th Sign is Libra
11th Sign is Virgo

however
there are different house systems
and the house system chosen shows Virgo as 10th HOUSE :smile:

Whole Sign houses is my preferred system,
and I also use Alcabitius Houses at times
and according to Whole Sign Houses
10th Sign is Leo

JUPITERASC

Well, I don't have an opinion or quite see how it fits into delineation of the question.
Perhaps the more experienced horary members may comment?
From my perspective of preferring Whole Sign Houses :smile:
the significator for career is the Sun
and Sun aspects significator for the Querent (but only just)

JUPITERASC

I am taking the question to be "Will I get into this graduate school?"
I find it intriguing that the question asks
whether an application that has not yet been made :smile:
is likely to be successful or not ~
seems as if the question is not clearly thought out
and definitely not clearly phrased

You are correct that Saturn in the 1st is not a good indicator for success in this matter.
Other unfavorable factors are:
There is no reception from the program to you, and only marginal reception from you to it. So it makes me wonder if you are really very interested in it? Also Moon, located in the unfortunate 8th place and ruler of the 9th place of higher learning, does not apply to an aspect to you/Mars. I am sorry; I do not see the undertaking as being successful.

IleneK

Premium Member
From my perspective of preferring Whole Sign Houses :smile:
the significator for career is the Sun
and Sun aspects significator for the Querent (but only just)

I do see that Moon is just separating from a sextile to Sun. If that the aspect you are commenting on, I guess I am not quite following how you see that it fits with querent wondering if she will get into graduate school/9th place.
Does it seem to you like it may describe querent's state of mind to be considering career when thinking about getting into grad school?