HORARY EXAMPLE: Going on a Date (

Dirius

Hello everyone. A few weeks ago I made an horary about a girl I met, asking the question: "Will She go out with me?"

I'm putting this horary chart up, because the events that lead me to going out with this girl went 100% as predicted by the chart.

I'm offering the chart for the purpose of learning horary. I made my own interpretation, and the chart gave me a clear "YES". The date indeed happened, as predicted, in the exact time the horary predicted. You may find this chart pretty interesting, as a good source of information.

The chart includes:

- Information about house placement
- Information about timing
- Information about receptions
- Information about aspects and their nature.

**the chart I uploaded into astrodienst is in placidus, but I used regiomontanus with my own software, yet the house cusps are pretty much the same.

some backstory: around a month ago I ran into this girl I used to work with; I always had a crush on her but she used to have a boyfriend; she is now single so I asked out to dinner.

Ok so lets go for the analysis:

Me = Venus (ruler of 1st) / Moon (co-signifier)
Her = Mars (ruler of 7th)

1) House placement:

As you can see my own signifier, venus, is inside the 7th house. Despite the fact that venus finds itself on a different sign that the one from the ruler of the 7th, this implies my interest in her.

Power by house placement:

- venus is angular (7th house), has power to act
- mars is in a succedent, not much power to act (9th house is actually cadent, but works as a succedent here).

So clearly I'm the one going to be asking her out, as I did.

2) Receptions:

As you can see, the 2 planets that represent me don't really find themselves in any dignity of mars, yet, venus inside the 7th house works just as well as a reception, because my planet is inside a house ruled by her planet.

Mars: mars is in capricorn, day chart, in the triplicity of venus; triplicity is not as strong as regency or exaltation (which imply deep attraction); yet triplicity is a good reception for someone you just met, might mean she finds me attractive, or funny, or at least a worthy prospect to try going out on a date.

So the receptions from her to me are good enough for her to say Yes.

3) The aspect:

Now here is a bit of a complication. There is no aspect from venus to mars. That *****, even if she said yes, we would probably not go out.

There is, however, a distant aspect from the moon to mars: a square. Traditionally squares imply complications in the given event. But this is, at least, an aspect, meaning that for better or worse, we are going out.

4) The timing:

Now the moon and mars are in a distance of 15 degrees from perfecting that square (more or less). So we can assume that whenever happens, it will happen in more or less "15 of something".

Now the question is.....decades? years? months? weeks? days? hours?

We need a time unit. Since I had just bumped into her, and I obviously wished to see her soon, I assumed that the time unit would be:

hours, days or weeks....

Now lets look at house placement for the applying planet- the moon.

Moon is in a succedent house, in a cardinal sign. This points to the middle unit: days.

So the chart predicts that I will go out with her in like...15 days, so to be exact, December 2nd. And so I did.

How did the date go Dirius? :whistling::whistling: :happy::happy: :wink::wink: :innocent::innocent: :devil:

Here is what happened:

After meeting her, I made this chart. Exactly 1 week later, I called her, and asked her if she wanted to go to dinner or coffee on friday, to "catch up", obviously implying a romantic interest. She said she was flattered and that she wanted to go, yet she was busy on friday and had a birthday party for a friend, so that we should talk in the future for another time.

I obviously took it as:"dam she rejected me". However....

Funny thing: on sunday she calls me, and tells me if I wanted to have dinner at her place on tuesday. Of course I wanted! Yet...I had to work late that night. I felt bad because I wasn't going to be able to be at the time she wanted me to be, so I told her I could pick her up a few hours later (when I'm off from work), and take her to a restaurant instead, so she didn't have to cook.

She agreed, and we set the date. The day of the date there were a few delays with some papers, so I had to stay even later, not much just 30 mins, but making me go pick her up a bit late. When we got to the restaurant it was full (we didn't have a reservation, because being a tuesday, we didn't expect the restaurant to be full). So we ended up waiting like 20 mins for a table.....

After that the date went fine.

But as you can see, most of the things promised by the chart, turned out to be true. Specially the square, because we did meet up, yet we hit a few bumps in the road (me being late, crowded restaurant, she being busy the first time I asked, etc.).

So there you have it, an example of an horary.

Please feel free to use and learn from this chart.

Attachments

• example of horary.gif
    example of horary.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

ImNotThere9

How far are 'distant squares' to be credited in general interpretive practice, do you think? Such as the one you point to here between Moon and Mars.

Very helpful post. Many thanks.

INT.

Last edited:

Dirius

How far are 'distant squares' to be credited in general interpretive practice, do you think? Such as the one you point to here between Moon and Mars.

Very helpful post. Many thanks.

INT.

My personal opinion, is that as long as the applying aspect perfects within the sign, any measure of distance is relevant for the situation to happen.

The sign, in essence, represents the period of time... so if the applying aspect is from lets say the 3° degree, and will perfect at 25°, it is still going to happen....it is just that from degrees 4°-24° nothing will be happening.

But this is my personal view on applying aspects.