Family Resemblance

robots

I was yet again looking at the charts of my whole family, something I enjoy doing greatly, and I realized our charts all have a similarity. We all have strong Capricorn and Leo placements.

I have a Capricorn Sun, Uranus, and Neptune along with a Leo Asc. My sister has a Leo Asc and Capricorn Moon and Vertex. My mom has a Capricorn Venus and Leo Moon. My dad has a Capricorn Asc and Leo Jupiter and Vertex.

I've come to the conclusion that this makes us a family of narcissists. Well, not quite like the personality disorder, but we do all think very highly of ourselves. My mom thinks she's perfect, mostly because she is. My dad thinks he's right about everything and has a huge ego. My sister is self-centered and spoiled. I am often accused of having a huge ego. I don't mean to, it's just ingrained into my brain. I've always been like this.

My friend also found a similar pattern with him and his family. He has a Taurus Moon and his dad has a Taurus Asc, and his sister has a Libra Moon and his mom has a Libra Asc.

Has anyone found any similar patterns with their families? Please share. This stuff is awesome.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

My oldest daughter and I share an Aries moon as well as having our Venus in the 5th house tho in different signs.

My youngest daughter and I share Saturn in Scorpio even to the same 26th degree and we also share Mars in Pisces tho mine is retrograde and hers is not.

My Dad had a Virgo Sun, Venus in Cancer and Jupiter in Virgo...so do I. My paternal grandmother also had Jupiter in Virgo so that's 3 generations with the Jupiter in Virgo.

My maternal grandfather and grandmother both had Mercury in Virgo as do I.

I do pay attention to these things too....they greatly intrigue me.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Yes, looking at the astrology of family can be an addiction - it never ends. There's always some relative or other who turns out to have the same Mercury, or whatever.

I got fully into this last year. Where it began to get really interesting was when I put my chart against a parent, or one of my (4) siblings, and looked at the Moon's north Node placements. If a family member has their MNN conjunct a natal planet of yours or another family member, then this is a relationship which is significant - and not always in a nice way either.

Myself, my son and my grandson - ie. 3 generations of us - all have Saturn in Leo. When the 3 of us are together we can be very serious, or sometimes we just collectively let our hair down and act and talk silly. We have developed a kind of `language' which nobody else understands. It is based on lines from some of my grandson's story books.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Over and over within my extended family, we have Mercury conjunct Mars... all in different signs and house placements, and the conjunct is within 4 or 5 minutes. I see that also with very close friends. My daughter though does not have this placement, yet she has Mars in Gemini (ruler Mercury) in the third house.... I think that would be close to the same energy.

We all love to debate, argue, communicate, and devour books.

TK

Vagabondgirl

Interesting:)

Ive noticed that my mum and I both have aspects between moon-venus-mars and mum has venus in virgo like me. Her moon conjuncts her mars and so does my moon and mars, just that I have venus in the conjunction and she has trines to venus. She also has the same ascendent as my boyfriend, both opposite mine.

I see that dad also has moon conjunct mars.

He also has his Sun (in Pisces) opposite his jupiter (in virgo), his jupiter is conjunction my Moon-Venus-Mars conjunction. His sun is opposting my moon-venus- mars too. His Chiron is in very close conjunction to my moon there. Strangely enough his mercury is also in opposition to my moon and venus. And his neptune closely conjuncting my moon at the same place at end of virgo-beginning of libra.

His north node is like 1 degree orb conjunction to my IC, oppositing my MC. My chart has more relations to my dads planets than mums, maybe because I grew up with him? And he had a main influence on my life and carreer choice etc. It kind of looks like all of our planets are in important aspects to each other:p I also had the best relation with that than my other siblings. We tend to think more alike when it comes to education and other important stuff in life. The major difference is that he is a strong christian believer, wheras Im more alternative (thats why Im here:innocent:).

LittleMiss

I got fully into this last year. Where it began to get really interesting was when I put my chart against a parent, or one of my (4) siblings, and looked at the Moon's north Node placements. If a family member has their MNN conjunct a natal planet of yours or another family member, then this is a relationship which is significant - and not always in a nice way either.

I had to search through my charts of familymembers when I read this, and I noticed that one of my uncles has his NN in almost the same degree as my NN (one degree apart). Do you think this is significant, or would it just apply when it is another planet conjunt the NN?

Sebastien Cheritte

Wow, sounds like a pride of Lions (Robots)
I have no idea, but I'd assume that means very close bonds with family, family being an integral part of your journey. Could have been Mediterranean in a past life.

Capricorn in the whole mix would seem a little like everyone knows they have to do their share. In Greece, Krikri or (Mountain Goats) are very family orientated and there is a sense of hierarchy when food is scarce.
I know, odd angles, but also there being such a large focus on Earth & Fire in your family I would say that what one doesn't accomplish due to error or incapability the other will succeed.

Constant cycle of give and take in the area of finance, funding & food.
hahah, It's just my opinion, but Capricorn featuring anywhere could look to me like an underlying need for stability among all of you.
And the Leo traits could be the means you use to get at it.

Mother: GeminiSun/ScorpAsc&Moon. Father:CapricornSun/Asc/Moon. Sister AriesSun/Asc/SagMoon
Myself: LeoSun/PiscesAsc&Moon

If it didn't help, at least I hope it was entertaining to read.

Last edited:

vash24

I recently looked for similarities in my family members' charts too. We tend to have really strong Cap/Saturn/10th influences. 12th house placements as well. I think only my father and I are the only ones with anything in Leo. Definitely interesting though! :)

E

eternalautumn

Very interesting stuff.

Me/Mom:
-Scorp Asc/Cancer Asc
-Venus' in Aqua

Me/Mom/Dad:
-Earth Mercs (Tau, Cap, Vir)(mine and mom's in 7th)

Me/Mom/Twin Bros:
-Suns in 6th
-Aries Sun+Leo Moon/Sag Sun/Sag Moons
-Aqua Ven/Aqua Ven+Libra Moon/Aqua Suns

Dad/Bros:
-Mars in Leo
-Vir Sun/Vir Ascs

robots

I know, odd angles, but also there being such a large focus on Earth & Fire in your family I would say that what one doesn't accomplish due to error or incapability the other will succeed.

Constant cycle of give and take in the area of finance, funding & food.
hahah, It's just my opinion, but Capricorn featuring anywhere could look to me like an underlying need for stability among all of you.
And the Leo traits could be the means you use to get at it.
Wow, I didn't see most of these posts until now. Weird.

That's and interesting observation and definitely entirely true. My family as a whole has a plethora of skills, but only because some people have certain skills while others lack those entirely.
My dad and I are both really bad at sports and dancing and stuff like that, whereas my mom is pretty athletic and my sister's a dancer and ice skater.
My whole family isn't very amazing with languages, while languages come easily to me. Must be the Venus/Mercury sextile. I was the only person in my preschool class that didn't have to have speech therapy. Haha. My sister though, had a speech impediment...must be her natal Rx Mercury.
Also, my sister's also terrible at math but the rest of my family is excellent at it.
I could go on, but I'm sure you get it.

We also love our stability. My parents are excellent with their money.
I don't know of any Leo-like means we use to get our stability, though. My mom's an accountant and my dad's a software engineer, neither of which are very Leo-like jobs. Hmm.

Kukka

Family stuff:

Scorpio/Pluto

Grandmother, her father hang himself at their home (guess there'd be some scorpio/pluto in his chart, he was a 'dark' man, orphan so we don't know his chart)

Grandmother has sun/pluto aspect, almost all children after her have sun/pluto aspect as well, her 4 daughters and grandchildren

Gemini/Mercury

Gemini moon 4 in my family, Geminis 3, two are actual twins.
From Gemini Sun/Moon grandfather came mom + two her sisters Mercury/Sun conjunt.

Saturn/Moon or Saturn/Sun hard aspect 6 people in my family.

There's almost nothing earth in my family despite 1 moon Taurus, a mars Taurus and a mars Capricorn (+ outer plenets). :pinched: Mainly Water. :smile:

Last edited:

L3dFt89

I love to utilize astrology this way! It is so interesting! I like to use the basic natal charts but, I have also found that, using a Davison Chart of parents to look at synastry with children, opens new doors to potentials held within the family energies. As a quick example,... in the Davison, combining the natal chart of both my husband and myself, Chiron ends up at 24Aries, in the 11th house, which starts at 15Aries. In our son's natal chart, the Sun is at 24Aries, and Mars at 15Aries.
Anyone else try looking at the family using this same approach?? :)