Member North Nodes for February

L3dFt89

Hey Starlink...:smile: is your NN at 3Gemini? If so, wouldn't the Sabian for it be 4Gemini?
Only reason I ask is that, my Sun sits at 2Gemini, and the Sabian you are showing in your signature, is the one I have always understood to be for the degree of my Sun.

Perhaps I've missed something,... wouldn't be a surprise really, if that were actually the case :tongue: I'd appreciate any clarification though.

Thanks, in advance.

:joyful:

starlink

No L3D, my node is rounded off to 3°. It is in reality 2°32' Gemini. With Sabian Symbols, always round off to the next degree. So if your Sun sits at 2°.01', you take 3°. I have never seen a degree at exactly 1°00 or 2°.00 etc. So I dont know if in that case, you would still keep the 2° for the SSymbol.

Last edited:

Claire19

Hi Flea-What a great idea!(My next problem is going to be how to do the signature thing, but I'll figure that out)
Cheers.
Lilly

North Node 10.33 cap-House One.
*Pheasants display their brilliant colours on a vast lawn*
I think you go into your signature area and just load in the quote.

Claire19

Hey Starlink...:smile: is your NN at 3Gemini? If so, wouldn't the Sabian for it be 4Gemini?
Only reason I ask is that, my Sun sits at 2Gemini, and the Sabian you are showing in your signature, is the one I have always understood to be for the degree of my Sun.

Perhaps I've missed something,... wouldn't be a surprise really, if that were actually the case :tongue: I'd appreciate any clarification though.

Thanks, in advance.

:joyful:
There is a site on the internet that lists all the sabian symbols by Lynda Hill. Just key in Google....

Claire19

Karmic Astrology Volume I (The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation) by Martin Schulman, Lilly........Chapter 5/Aspects to The Nodes (pages 99-102) covers conjunctions, squares and trines between SN/NN and planets (+ mutual reception between a Node and it's ruling planet).

(He does so only briefly, and his comments are based on individual charts rather than synastry......but the inference is "texbooks have no way of knowing whether an aspect works for you, or how it actually does so......Astrologer's have to get out there and find that out for themselves.")

EJ:unsure:
I agree with your recommended book by Martin Schulman. It gave me so much insight I cant begin to tell you....it literally changed my direction in life as the NOrth Node is supposed to.......

E

eternalautumn

Thanks for the links, emotionality and hermetic. I found that on the latter link, in addition to the descriptions, the author gives a keyword for each degree. Mine happens to be "beatitude", which reminds me of the opening of Jesus of Nazareth's Sermon on the Mount:

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10 said:
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the land.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall have their fill.
Blessed are the merciful, for the shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Even though I am not Christian, this provoked deeper thought on the meaning of my North Node. I urge everyone to look at their "keyword" and see where it takes you.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall have their fill.
Off-topic.....but this reads like a threat to me......"judge not, lest you yourself be judged"?......"(No more than) an eye for an eye"?

impatient1

NN is 4.26 Cancer in the 10th....so I read the Sabian Symbol for this degree and got quite the laugh out of it...fitting for my life path it seems:

" 4-5 deg Cancer

At A Railroad Crossing, An Automobile is Wrecked By A Train"

Frank

I'd hate to throw a wrench into the works, but is everyone using the same North Node - True or Mean?

My Mean North Node is at 26 Virgo 26.

"In the luxurious quarters of a home furnished in delicate period style, elderly ladies are enjoying afternoon tea."

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
NN is 4.26 Cancer in the 10th....so I read the Sabian Symbol for this degree and got quite the laugh out of it...fitting for my life path it seems:

" 4-5 deg Cancer

At A Railroad Crossing, An Automobile is Wrecked By A Train"

The question remains, are you the automobile or are you the train..... I would think this suggests you could be either in any situation. And the NN being at this symbol, you're driven to destroy structure and plow ahead or be destroyed as the world moves ahead. LOL, bet the phrase, "at a crossroad" is one used often in your life. :smile:

TK

Last edited:

KindredKayla

I think this is a great idea! :joyful:
My NN is at 13'25 Capricorn in the 12th house.
Sabian symbol: An ancient bas-relief carved in granite remains a witness to a long-forgotten culture.

And it's short description from that amazing mindfire website that was posted in a link on the last page: The will to unearth, in our culture as well as in any culture, what has permanent value, and to let go of nonessentials.

E

eternalautumn

Dang, Frank. I used the True Node. Should I have used the Mean??? Shoot. :sad: I always get this stuff messed up. What is the difference? Why are there two?

kbell

I used truenode, but my mean node is: "A Mother Leads Her Small Child Step By Step Up A Steep Stairway" 8 50 Sagi