What's my correct rising sign?

Oniket Vivlioflos

My birthday is on 9th January, 2001 ,
12:22 a.m. and my birthplace is Kolkata (/Calcutta) , India.____my question is I've found in many websites that I'm a Libra ascendant both in Western and Vedic astrology.
But, while walking on the streets or interacting with others I've ALWAYS felt a dark mysterious vibe about myself much like a Scorpio and to be honest, I look my level best in dark clothes especially black . Also I've dark hair and black-brown eyes with arched brows. Also, my eyes are my best features and tend to look deep inside someone with them.
I never resonated with my Libra rising other than advocating for equality and peace. I don't have dimples, light eyes nor I'm tall as Libra ascendant is described.
I was examining my natal chart this week and was surprised to find I've Mars in Scorpio in my 1st house. 1st house is the house of the self right?
So I found an article on Scorpio ascendant on Astrocordex yesterday and the description resonated 101% with me.
I was shook!

What profession can literally guarantee me fame & success?!

[Deleted quotes from article because they violated the rules. It's against the rules to post a quote longer than 100 words, and it's against the rules to quote from another website without providing a link to the source. No link was provided, and there were two quotes which were each longer than 100 words. A quote would be allowed if it were 100 words or less and the source were cited with a link. - Moderator]

Last edited:

Kite

12:22 a.m. and my birthplace is Kolkata (/Calcutta) , India.____________________my question is I've found in many websites that I'm a Libra ascendant both in Western and Vedic astrology.
But, while walking on the streets or interacting with others I've ALWAYS felt a dark mysterious vibe about myself much like a Scorpio and to be honest, I look my level best in dark clothes especially black . Also I've dark hair and black-brown eyes with arched brows. Also, my eyes are my best features and tend to look deep inside someone with them.
I never resonated with my Libra rising other than advocating for equality and peace. I don't have dimples, light eyes nor I'm tall as Libra ascendant is described.
I was examining my natal chart this week and was surprised to find I've Mars in Scorpio in my 1st house. 1st house is the house of the self right?

So I found an article on Scorpio ascendant on Astrocordex yesterday and the description resonated 101% with me.
I was shook!

[Deleted quotes from article because they violated the rules. It's against the rules to post a quote longer than 100 words, and it's against the rules to quote from another website without providing a link to the source. No link was provided, and there were two quotes which were each longer than 100 words. A quote would be allowed if it were 100 words or less and the source were cited with a link. - Moderator]

You have a Libra ascendant ruled by exalted Venus in Pisces. I think what you are identifying with is that your progressed Ascendant is in Scorpio as well as your solar arc Ascendant. Your progressed Ascendant is close to conjunction with Mars. So enjoy your Scorpio vibe for the next 15 years and then it's on to Sagittarius.

JUPITERASC

12:22 a.m. and my birthplace is Kolkata (/Calcutta) , India.____________________my question is I've found in many websites that I'm a Libra ascendant both in Western and Vedic astrology.

I was shook!

consider RECTIFICATION - tips thread :smile:

at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626&page=6

Oniket Vivlioflos

You have a Libra ascendant ruled by exalted Venus in Pisces. I think what you are identifying with is that your progressed Ascendant is in Scorpio as well as your solar arc Ascendant. Your progressed Ascendant is close to conjunction with Mars. So enjoy your Scorpio vibe for the next 15 years and then it's on to Sagittarius.

Thank You so much . The progressed ascendant thing is so new to me ♡

Last edited:

Harmelia

I was shook!

Hello there. When the rising sign is in such a late degree in Libra, we consider that Scorpio is your Co-Ascendant. Scorpio takes up more of your first house, and as you say, you have Mars in Scorpio. You don't have a planet in Libra. You would naturally resonate with Scorpio more. But I bet you resonate with Libra too, just perhaps haven't come across the best description of it for you. Also, you have the 3rd decan Libra which means you'll be a Libra that has a Gemini/Mercury feel. When the rising sign is close to another sign as in your case no matter what, I always consider both signs - because the person will feel both signs.

The other thing is, if your time was recorded wrong, then if you were born at 12:34 am instead of 12: 21 am, you'd have a Scorpio rising. Your MC also changes to Leo instead of Cancer. That could also give you clues as to what your true rising is. But, you will still feel both of them. But when the birth time isn't rounded off like yours, it's more likely that it's right. However, you never know.

However, it does matter when you consider the ruler of your ASC as this is also the ruler of your chart. If Libra is rising, then Venus in Pisces in the 5th is your chart ruler and ruler of ASC. If Scorpio is rising, then Mars in Scorpio, 1st and Pluto in Sag, 2nd are your chart rulers and ASC rulers. So, you can play with how those feel.

If Cancer is on MC, then the Moon will be one of the indicators of career or social position. If Leo is on MC, the Sun will be one of the indicators of career or social position.

Hope that helps a bit. First, you need to be clear about the rising sign before you can read your chart properly.

Last edited:

Harmelia

I was shook!

One way you might determine your correct ASC would be to ask yourself, which do you feel is more like you? You might feel these equally though, since you are on the cusp. And because you have a planet in Scorpio, you still might feel Scorpio more. But try this.

1. Do you feel like you learn about yourself a great deal through relating to people? Do you like being with people? (Libra Rising)

2. Do you prefer not sharing much of yourself when you meet people? Do you like to stay more in the background with people? Do you feel a little shy and only trust when you really know someone? (Scorpio Rising)

Kite

Thank You so much . But, can you explain a little bit about this solar arc ascendant thing I've googled it but cannot understand it also this is the first time I'm hearing this term , so I'm super curious.
Also does this influence our career or what profession does it actually indicate?
like Venus rules entertainment industry but Pluto & Mars rules complete different professions right?
As an 18 year old this will be helpful to know in what type of profession will I shine.
Thank You ♡

Read this on progressed Ascendant https://www.astrolada.com/articles/...s-progressed-ascendant-through-the-signs.html

Your career has more to do with your midheaven sign which in your case is Cancer with the ruler the Moon in the 10th house of career as well.

Oniket Vivlioflos

Hello there. When the rising sign is in such a late degree in Libra, we consider that Scorpio is your Co-Ascendant. Scorpio takes up more of your first house, and as you say, you have Mars in Scorpio. You don't have a planet in Libra. You would naturally resonate with Scorpio more. But I bet you resonate with Libra too, just perhaps haven't come across the best description of it for you. Also, you have the 3rd decan Libra which means you'll be a Libra that has a Gemini/Mercury feel. When the rising sign is close to another sign as in your case no matter what, I always consider both signs - because the person will feel both signs.

The other thing is, if your time was recorded wrong, then if you were born at 12:34 am instead of 12: 21 am, you'd have a Scorpio rising. Your MC also changes to Leo instead of Cancer. That could also give you clues as to what your true rising is. But, you will still feel both of them. But when the birth time isn't rounded off like yours, it's more likely that it's right. However, you never know.

However, it does matter when you consider the ruler of your ASC as this is also the ruler of your chart. If Libra is rising, then Venus in Pisces in the 5th is your chart ruler and ruler of ASC. If Scorpio is rising, then Mars in Scorpio, 1st and Pluto in Sag, 2nd are your chart rulers and ASC rulers. So, you can play with how those feel.

If Cancer is on MC, then the Moon will be one of the indicators of career or social position. If Leo is on MC, the Sun will be one of the indicators of career or social position.

Hope that helps a bit. First, you need to be clear about the rising sign before you can read your chart properly.

I asked about the rising sign thing also the midheaven thing because I was super concerned about what profession should I take, like Cancer Midheaven and Leo Midheaven offers completely different professions.Also I think my 10th house is empty ! so you know....it's quite confusing which profession indicates fame and success.

Thanks again ♡

Harmelia

I asked about the rising sign thing also the midheaven thing because I was super concerned about what profession should I take, like Cancer Midheaven and Leo Midheaven offers completely different professions.Also I think my 10th house is empty ! so you know....it's quite confusing which profession indicates fame and success.

Thanks again ♡

If you're interested in FAME, you might have a Leo MC. If you're more interested in caring compassion types of vocations, then you might have a Cancer MC. What kinds of vocations are you thinking about?

Oniket Vivlioflos

One way you might determine your correct ASC would be to ask yourself, which do you feel is more like you? You might feel these equally though, since you are on the cusp. And because you have a planet in Scorpio, you still might feel Scorpio more. But try this.

1. Do you feel like you learn about yourself a great deal through relating to people? Do you like being with people? (Libra Rising)

2. Do you prefer not sharing much of yourself when you meet people? Do you like to stay more in the background with people? Do you feel a little shy and only trust when you really know someone? (Scorpio Rising)

I had never had any close friend since childhood also I don't feel the need to interact with others in the first place. I'm pretty much self-sufficient in a way I don't feel the need to ask my peers for help.
I hate small talk . But in high school I rubbed people the wrong way like my teachers and classmates never liked me because they thought I consider myself superior than them ( which isn't the truth at all) . My mom also says I intimidate people :(
I don't have a social media account too because you know, I don't people to get to know my life so I come across as mysterious to many people .
The only 2-3 people who were close to me to an extent were Taurus and Scorpio. I get along with Scorpios pretty well . Also I'm interested in occult sciences and also super excited to read about astrology, ancient religions etc.
Excuse my personality!
I'm 2x sweet and social when interacting via internet lol

Kite

Thanks a lot for replying ♡

Another way to check the accuracy of your ascendant is to look at progressions and timing. For instance - at the current degree calculated at 27Libra18, the progressed ascendant would have been exactly conjunct your natal Mars on Dec. 13, 2013. Did anything significant happen around that time? Maybe an accident or healthwise?

Zora

Account Closed
12:22 a.m. and my birthplace is Kolkata (/Calcutta) , India.

my question is I've found in many websites that I'm a Libra ascendant both in Western and Vedic astrology.But, while walking on the streets or interacting with others I've ALWAYS felt a dark mysterious vibe about myself much like a Scorpio

Hello Oniket,

your TOB sounds pretty precise and more than others do. You would need 20 minutes more to be a scorpio rising. But to instinctively act and the manner to instinctively put through your wishes is anyway scorpio like with mars in 1st house in scorpio. With mars in scorpio you are subconsciously guided, directed and attracted from people and matters interesting you.

Doubled by your venus as ruler of your 8th house - the natural zodiac scorpio house - in square with jupiter in your 8th house with jupiter/pluto correspondence energy. Jupiter rules your 3rd house - physically presenting yourself to other people verbally but also in your clothes and your personal style.

Venus as ruler of 8th house is of intense energy with venus/pluto correspondence in your 5th house. And shows a different taste of preferring more the non-standard and non-conventional - as venus in 5th house - self-expression is ruled by uranus as ruler of your 5th house - what is besides selfexpression, creativity .... also house of sexuality and also sexual radiance and physical outsending - if connected with body house 2nd and 3rd house.

And your venus in 5th house is connected with 3rd house by venus jupiter square - jupiter rules your 3rd.

Attachments

• 1 astro_2at_oniket_hp.54967.28641.jpg
    1 astro_2at_oniket_hp.54967.28641.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
Libra is not like libra - it depends where venus is placed. And venus in every chart has two faces and two house responsibilies and subjects she rules in every chart.

As libra venus (air sign) more to generally make contacts with people, to share something with people and as taurus venus more to defend yourself, to protect your own territory and to set boundaries - a taurus venus is more earth grounded and more physical sensual than in libra as an air sign.

Libra AC tells nothing about how tall one is - this is shown in 3rd house by sign and ruler and where he is placed in.

First house is your personal birth energy of breaking through into this world here and is your personal instinctive manner of enforcement and to go for your own goals and put your personal interests and wishes through.

With mars as ruler of your 7th house in 1st house - you are kinda endangered to take over more what your counterpart's wishes and goals are and to enforce them more than yours - probably not even noticing it - with your mars neptune square - or you do it because of too much empathy - Neptune conjuncts lilith in 4th house.

Harmelia

The only two vacations I went to with my parents were two sea beaches one was a sea beach surrounding Bordighera, Italy and the other was Puri beach, India because the beach is near a holy shrine known for the ancient architecture and my father was super fascinated to see the architecture of the temple .
So yeah , much to my surprise I loved the trip . Mountains are popular destinations too but not my type .
But my dream destination is to a place which can offer me a glimpse of art, culture and music much like Rome, Paris, Tokyo or New York.
I'd love to visit a countryside too like with green meadows and flowers .
So, as you asked these are places I've always dreamed to visit since childhood and would consider taking a vacation ♡

I was asking about VOCATION not VACATION. VOCATION is career, job, your dream job.

Harmelia

I had never had any close friend since childhood also I don't feel the need to interact with others in the first place. I'm pretty much self-sufficient in a way I don't feel the need to ask my peers for help.
I hate small talk . But in high school I rubbed people the wrong way like my teachers and classmates never liked me because they thought I consider myself superior than them ( which isn't the truth at all) . My mom also says I intimidate people :(
I don't have a social media account too because you know, I don't people to get to know my life so I come across as mysterious to many people .
The only 2-3 people who were close to me to an extent were Taurus and Scorpio. I get along with Scorpios pretty well . Also I'm interested in occult sciences and also super excited to read about astrology, ancient religions etc.
Excuse my personality!
I'm 2x sweet and social when interacting via internet lol

Does sound like Scorpio is stronger than Libra, but I have to agree with Zora that the birth time would have to be close to 20 minutes off for you to have a Scorpio rising. It isn't likely, but, it still could be. If I were you, I'd play with both possibilities. You obviously have strong Scorpio energy, but you might find that as you grow older, you'll relate to your rising sign better. It's funny how people can not relate to their sun signs, or rising signs or moon signs - when the identify strong with other parts of themselves. You would not be the first one!

That's why I was asking what vocation (careers) you are thinking of. That could help.

Oniket Vivlioflos

If you're interested in FAME, you might have a Leo MC. If you're more interested in caring compassion types of vocations, then you might have a Cancer MC. What kinds of vocations are you thinking about?

Fame is definitely something a very significant part in choosing my career. My parents want me to be famous regardless of what career I choose.
They never said it directly but I just know lol.
I had a pretty good career as a model turned child actor since the age of five to twelve without an agent like I was selected directly by directors without any trouble. I've been featured in some magazines too.
Then at sixteen received the opportunity to be a columnist of a teen magazine which helped me to receive many trophies .
The no.1 difference is my parents' preference to achieve fame . My mother want me to get fame by education and job at a office but my father embraced my creative side and wanted me to be actor or artist .
I'm pursuing Sociology now which my mother approves of and I like the subject.
This whole 2019, was pretty made me feel hollow because I feel like I'm doing nothing with my life or not doing something productive.
Mother figures like my mother , grandmother or cousin sister are more influential in my life than my father figures .
I also get extremely well with children .

My aim to receive fame is different actually, than my parents . I want to use all my fame and power in my life to help the world a better place maybe volunteer for a cause using my fame .

Last edited:

Oniket Vivlioflos

Does sound like Scorpio is stronger than Libra, but I have to agree with Zora that the birth time would have to be close to 20 minutes off for you to have a Scorpio rising. It isn't likely, but, it still could be. If I were you, I'd play with both possibilities. You obviously have strong Scorpio energy, but you might find that as you grow older, you'll relate to your rising sign better. It's funny how people can not relate to their sun signs, or rising signs or moon signs - when the identify strong with other parts of themselves. You would not be the first one!

That's why I was asking what vocation (careers) you are thinking of. That could help.

I misread the vocation as vacation sorry 😂😂😂😂 I've this answer to my new answer .
Thank You for taking my queries so seriously. I'm flattered 😂💙

Harmelia

Fame is definitely something a very significant part in choosing my career. My parents want me to be famous regardless of what career I choose.
I had a pretty good career as a model turned child actor since the age of five to twelve without an agent like I was selected directly by directors without any trouble. I've been featured in some magazines too.
Then at sixteen received the opportunity to be a columnist of a teen magazine which helped me to receive many trophies .
The no.1 difference is my parents' preference to achieve fame . My mother want me to get fame by education and job at a office but my father embraced my creative side and wanted me to be actor or artist .
This whole 2019, was pretty made me feel hollow because I feel like I'm doing nothing with my life or doing something productive.
Mother figures like my mother , grandmother or cousin sister are more influential in my life than my father figures .

My aim is to receive fame is different actually than my parents . I want to use all my fame and power in my life to help the world a better place maybe volunteer for a cause using my fame .

Wow! So you have already experienced some fame as a child!

I'm not so experienced with rectification, so perhaps others will comment further, but based upon what you've said here, I'm more inclined to say Libra rising and Cancer MC. Venus, the ruler of your chart is in Leo's house - 5th house, Pisces. That would represent a child actor and your creative/artistic side. And Pisces would want to make the world a better place - and would give creativity and imagination.

Cancer MC with Moon in Cancer in the 9th along with North Node, is doing something to make the world a better place - and higher education, which you are doing now. It would give you an expansive nature and compassion for others cross-culturally. As a child actor, I'd think the Libra rising would be more suitable. People believed in you and saw your talent and you responded to it and did well. I think you just stated your vocation quite nicely.

Last edited:

Kite

This whole 2019, was pretty made me feel hollow because I feel like I'm doing nothing with my life or doing something productive.

My aim is to receive fame is different actually than my parents . I want to use all my fame and power in my life to help the world a better place maybe volunteer for a cause using my fame .

I'm attaching a bi-wheel chart with Placidus houses inside and whole sign houses outside. Since your parents and especially Mom seem to be very involved in your career, I attribute it to the whole sign view of Moon and North Node in the 10th house. In the Placidus chart - Exalted Venus in Pisces in the 5th house would speak to success in the Arts, however, in the Whole sign view - Venus moves to the 6th house of work (in the arts) and Neptune would move into the 5th house with Uranus - Film activity and child actor.

In the whole sign view, your Sun is in the 4th house in Capricorn which certainly speaks to parents driving your career. In Placidus it's in the 3rd house which could speak to media work..advertising with Jupiter ruling that house and in the 8th - big business. However in whole sign house 9 Jupiter in Gemini speaks to media/publishing work as well and rules your whole sign 3rd which is also media and communications.

Neptune and Uranus in the 4th house in Placidus, however does not seem to speak to your focused parents or lack of stability.

The second house in both views is money earning ability and with Mars resident there in the whole sign house - your will have strong earning ability. In the Placidus house version it's in your first house so earnings dealing with your appearance --Modeling as an example.

So basically, I think this is a good case study of reading someone using both systems of houses to get a richer picture of the native.

Attachments

• Oniket biwheel.jpg
    Oniket biwheel.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 22