Really wish I knew how she felt

egbplus

Edit: I was advised to move this thread from the General forum to here. After reading a few of the other threads in this section, I'm debating whether or not it belongs here either. Since every other post here seems to have a birth chart attached, I will attach mine just in case that helps in some way. Unfortunately, I do not have a full birth chart for the person I'm inquiring about. I apologize if this is the wrong section.

I've been talking to a girl online for the last couple days, and I'm hoping that astrology can continue to help me understand her better. I wish I knew more about her (period, but I'm currently referring to her birth chart,) but I have to work with what I know for now.

According to her profile on the dating site I met her on, she has a Cancer sun and an Aquarius ascendant. I've read a lot over the last few days regarding sun sign to ascendant compatibility, but I'm still trying to make sense of it all. I'm hopeful that someone can help me out a little bit.

I have a Pisces sun, so I'm encouraged by our sun sign compatibility. There are a number of things that I like about her, and I have a feeling that a relationship with her could be very rewarding if she really let me into her world and accepted me. I just don't feel like that has happened yet. She seems very guarded, and comes across somewhat cold. I mean, she seems really sweet, but still kind of distant.

I like some of the things that she is telling me about herself, but I'm struggling to have fun with our conversations. It kind of feels like I'm playing an intense game of chess. I'm not really having much fun with the conversations because I feel the need to be very strategic with my word choice. I'm being very honest about who I am, but because I can't really tell if she likes me or not, I'm concerned that the wrong words at the wrong time could really hurt my chances of winning her over.

As far as the Aquarius ascendant goes, everything that I've read about this aspect seems to be holding true. She is unconventional - she's a vegetarian, she despises traditional dating rules (her example was being opposed to cliche routines like receiving jewelry and chocolate on Valentine's Day,) and she refuses to follow trends of any kind. She mentioned that she finds it hard to like people who have core values that differ from her own, which I thought sounded like a very "Aquarius rising" thing to say. She seems somewhat emotionally detached (she said that she has met people who had all of the qualities that she thought she wanted in a partner, and still couldn't connect with them.) She comes across as a humanitarian who is very passionate about the environment, and she is very smart (she is currently studying for a master's degree in environmental science.)

The way that I interpreted things I've read about ascendants is that her ascendant is what I would really notice in the early stages of communicating with her. I believe that I'm seeing many Aquarian traits, and so, I assume that I must be projecting my Virgo ascendant traits to her. The way that I interpreted the things I read about sun sign to ascendant sign compatibility is that her Aquarius ascendant would not be particularly compatible with my Pisces sun (so maybe this is why I'm feeling a little frustrated with the process of getting to know her) and that my Virgo ascendant would work reasonably well with her Cancer sun (which might suggest that she is feeling some kind of attraction towards me.)

However, I read one site that claimed that those with a Virgo ascendant would have a "pleasant but often dull" relationship with someone who had a Cancer sun, and those with an Aquarius ascendant would "often experience negativity and irritation" with someone who has a Pisces sun, so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting things correctly. I'm really just anxious to know how she might be responding to the things I'm saying to her, and to get a better idea of whether or not I'm just another guy that she can't connect with. I would really appreciate any help in making sense of all of this.

Attachments

• birth chart.png
    birth chart.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Oddity

Horary doesn't involve birth charts at all. It involves a chart of the moment - or a chart for the time and place that the astrologer understands the question. On this forum, you're assumed to be the astrologer, but since you're not....yeah, it has some problems.

BUT...you met her on a dating site. You're talking. Have you considered asking her out? It's not a strange thing to do, and would probably be a lot more fun than looking for astrological indicators!