Out-of-sign aspects in Synastry

astro88

How to interpret aspects in synastry, if for example: Sun 27º Aquarius in Trine with Moon 0º Scorpio??? The orb is tight enough to be considered a trine, but the signs, are actually in square. In synastry it's much enphasized the compatibility by sign and element. I putted this just as an example, but want to know the general meaning.

wilsontc

Staff member
Easy energy flow

astro,

In my opinion, the trine (energy goes very easily with) aspect can help two very different sign energies (in your example Aquarius and Scorpio) to "flow easily" with each other. However, if these two sign energies were in the same element (such as Aquarius and Libra) and trine to each other, then the energy between them would flow even easier.

In the flow,

Tim

Summery Joy

Tim,

I have a similar question. What do you think of out of sign aspects in general? Like in a natal chart or so.

For example, if an aspect between two planets is, say, 3 degrees from being perfect but the aspect is out of sign, is that the same in effect as an exactly similar one that is within sign?

wilsontc

Staff member
out of sign

heart,

I think an aspect by degree is an aspect by degree, whether or not it is "out of sign". But if aspects are in aspect by degree AND in aspect by sign, then they will tend to "work better" together than if they are in aspect by degree but out of aspect by sign.

Opinionating,

Tim

Summery Joy

What about aspects with no orbs? I think they're called Platick aspects. Like when there's a planet in Leo and another in Aries, but the trine is more than 10 degrees away. I've read that that's called a Platick aspect, a trine by sign if you will. Have you ever heard of such thing?

wilsontc

Staff member
aspects by signs

heart,

In order to simplify astrology as much as possible, I look at aspects inside the orbs only. While aspects with no orbs (aspects by sign only) may have an effect, this also quickly leads to having a chart where "everything aspects everything" which, to me, confuses the interpretation. So I focus only on aspects by orbs, since the effect of these aspects will be stronger and more directly noticeable to the person.

Orbing,

Tim