Ukpoohbear thread appreciation!

Opal

Premium Member
Prayer beads.....some have 59, some have 108......

Hi UKpoohbear! I am getting to know you, and like you.....good luck with your studies!

Ukpoohbear

I'm not asking about the number's significance, linkages with esoteric principles or power, but the origin of such a convention/meme. If none of you know, it's okay to admit that you don't.

CT, there seems to be lots of reasons for 108 that has been worked into a lot of rituals and religious practices and theories but where it seems to come from is this:

The diameter of the Sun multiplied by 108 is the distance from the Sun and Earth, and likewise the diameter of the Moon multiplied by 108 is the distance from the Moon and Earth.

https://www.esamskriti.com/e/Spirituality/Mantras-ad-Jap/Astrophysics-And-Why-Mantras-Are-Repeated-108-Times-1.aspx

Ukpoohbear

Also, mantras were invented to ward of negative planetary influences, since one who was victim to the movements of the moon was deemed to be a lunatic. “There are 9 planets and 12 constellations so it can bring 108 possible kind of changes.” taken from a Quora answer.

Mantras are simply vibrations associated with the movements of breath.

Taken from a different answer - “ you don’t have to rep 108 x’s but 108 is a completion, smaller completions are 9,27,54. Intent is more important than the amount so 9 would be best as long as said with the best intent.”

Ukpoohbear

Prayer beads.....some have 59, some have 108......

Hi UKpoohbear! I am getting to know you, and like you.....good luck with your studies!

Thank you Opal! It’s nice to get to know you too :) I know this thread was made as a joke but it’s all going to my head now, I feel famous! Haha

During my research, I learnt that prayer beads are used to count the number you are on, so I really want prayer beads now to start working up to 108!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

2a4a6fb9efba0a71821e849444208033.jpg

Flapjacks

I just saw this now lol

Yes, yes that was me. I was hungry and wanted you to cook me something, what’s wrong with that??

I'm sorry I'm so late with the spaghetti.... I added in some zucchini and caramelized the onions. Don't be hungry no more...

@CT a bit off-topic...

Pppptttthhhhph!

UK is magnanimous. She contains all topics, silly goose!

(Nice book recommendations... I can only read about astrology online anymore, unless I go clandestine with shipping or in bookstores. I live with family members that would bring on the hate if they saw me studying astrology, and I don't want to work that hard to keep it a secret from them. Also the reason why I don't work as a bikini barista. Puritans. They everywhere. :whistling:)

Ukpoohbear

I'm sorry I'm so late with the spaghetti.... I added in some zucchini and caramelized the onions. Don't be hungry no more...

Poohbear always hungry. You sound like a good cook :love: that stuff sounds yummmy!! Isn’t it funny how there are different words for some vegetable with uk and USA English? Zucchini are called courgettes here. They’re a bit bland and tasteless but actually necessary in a vegetable stew type thing! Yams are called sweet potatoes here. Can’t remember what else but there’s loads more.

Pppptttthhhhph!

UK is magnanimous. She contains all topics, silly goose!

Magnanimous is now my middle name. It’s not but I’ve become practically famous so I feel like I’m almost gonna spontaneously combust and turn into a Leo sun moon and asc conjunct Regulus!! I’m also starting to feel the effects of fame in my non-online life, I’m disappointed I’m not being treated similarly, but with my new birth chart imma start demanding I be treated like Kanye West and Donald Trumps love child who have ancestral link to Queen Sheba / Cleopatra and the Royal family.

This could be why life has kicked my *** because I simply can’t handle power, like Dumbledore realised.

Nice book recommendations... I can only read about astrology online anymore, unless I go clandestine with shipping or in bookstores. I live with family members that would bring on the hate if they saw me studying astrology, and I don't want to work that hard to keep it a secret from them. Also the reason why I don't work as a bikini barista. Puritans. They everywhere. :whistling:)

I have ancestral links to Jesus if that helps? After publishing my 108th book on the art of negotiating,I feel qualified to tell you that if you go in higher than planned then you can accept what you wanted originally during the bartering period. So, like, make extra sexual noises in your bedroom but when they come in they see you holding an astrology book where you proceed to tell them you have fallen in love with an inanimate object then go jokes I’m just studying astrology..?

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Uk, why you're ignoring the mantras that I suggested for you?

But you want to make me do mantras to make me go insane which I’m sure is against forum rules?? I would need to hear an audio of mantra so I can have correct pronunciation and also to know the meaning in case it’s a curse lol

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

But you want to make me do mantras to make me go insane which I’m sure is against forum rules?? I would need to hear an audio of mantra so I can have correct pronunciation and also to know the meaning in case it’s a curse lol

That's why you shouldn't do curse mantra ever again. Because Im witnessing on my own eyes, it's not good. It's really shameful that you tried this before. So don't do it again, my friend.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Then you are trying to curse me, on my appreciation thread no less! Traitor!!!! :(

No, chill out. There is one "white" mantra (white means good) I would suggest for you. Feasting for 1 month, only drink water allowed, and repeatedly said

"Niscaya barata kula maha panca bakti sang Surya maha kuasa"

Repeat the mantra every morning at 7 pm for 30 times. The benfits are good for your health, and your mind become sharper.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

No, chill out. There is one "white" mantra (white means good) I would suggest for you. Feasting for 1 month, only drink water allowed, and repeatedly said

"Niscaya barata kula maha panca bakti sang Surya maha kuasa"

Repeat the mantra every morning at 7 pm for 30 times. The benfits are good for your health, and your mind become sharper.

What’s it mean tho? I’m not fasting for a month! :( And why 7pm and why 30 x’s? Rudy is still trying to curse.

SunConjunctUranus

What’s it mean tho? I’m not fasting for a month! :( And why 7pm and why 30 x’s? Rudy is still trying to curse.

It means, an ultimate mantra for seeking help from the Almight Lord Sun aka Surya. Because Sun's apparent brightness is strong at 7 pm, 30 times because you promised to the Lord for feasting in 30 days aka a month.

Ukpoohbear

It means, an ultimate mantra for seeking help from the Almight Lord Sun aka Surya. Because Sun's apparent brightness is strong at 7 pm, 30 times because you promised to the Lord for feasting in 30 days aka a month.

I think it’s dangerous to fast for 30 days. 16, 20, 30 hours eventually but 30 days?? You need some rice, bro.

OM nama shivaya OM