wanting something spiritual

audula

hi community!
i feel a little reckless for needing this so badly because it seems so different from the life anyone i know leads or wants. however, my life is not going to be fulfilling unless i pursue something spiritual. i'm very passionate about it, and would really like to travel to somewhere isolated, and completely dedicate myself to whatever practice feels true to me. in other words i feel like becoming a monk is kind of be my calling :tongue:
anyway, the questions i'm curious about is if this can be interpreted in my chart, and how important does it seem to be, in respect to my chart, and other aspects?

i appreciate it!
audrey

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_audrey_worrell.10302.2108.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_audrey_worrell.10302.2108.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 42

conspiracy theorist

Spirituality is beckoning to you? Well let's put a name to that face.

1. The exalted ruler of your Aries ascendant is the Sun which is placed in the 12 th house, in Pisces and is also intercepted. This is a placement that yearns for solitude and is spiritually ambitious for Jupiter(ruler of Pisces) is a planet that is 'religiously minded'.

2. The domicile ruler is Mars and he is in an applying conjunction to Jupiter. This signifies that you(Mars) are heading towards spiritual wisdom/ideals (Jupiter). He is not happy in Taurus and so the Martial instinct will be perverted. This may mean out of control or too inert. It would seem that in your case peace/conflict-aversion would be the manifestation. (Backed up by other testimonies). Taurus is a material Sign and as your significator is Unhappy here it could mean 'dissatisfaction with the material world'. It's placement in the 2nd house of substance is pertinent as well.

This conjunction marries the 1st house(Mars) with the 12th house(Jupiter) so a merging of these two take place. The 12th is seen as a 'spiritual house' which is borne out of experiences that are 'unpleasant' to the native. Solitude, isolation, self-defeating tendencies, 'hidden enemies', imprisonment. Positively it may manifest as liberation, 'hidden talents', and a connection to things bigger than ourselves (unconscious,God, etc). In the Vedic practice it is a 'moksha' house which means that is one of the houses that has to do with spiritual enlightenment.

3. Both Luminaries are disposed by Jupiter.

4. Jupiter is the atmakaraka of the chart which is the significator of the soul. Jupiter in the position means that at the soul level one desires wisdom and philosophical knowledge.

5. The 10th house ruler is Saturn, the most solitary, 'misanthropic' planets in the outfit. The 10th house could be described as the house of 'higher calling' and we see that he is in a very tight conjunction with Neptune. This shows that your higher calling may have neptunian elements fused with it. (Ideals, 'higher' feelings, the great sea of unconscious, spirituality).Uranus is also exactly on the MC degree so whatever you do in your life, it is likely to be 'different' from the norm.

6. An exalted Venus is found in the 12th house. As the planet of love and union, She is likely to manifest as an urge to unify (Venus) with 'all that is' (12th). She is also conjunct the Sun which is generally your core and specifically to you, the exalted ruler of your ascendant. As the the exalted ruler of Pisces, it's placement here may mean that anything 12th house is going to go positively for you. Seeing that the two rulers of Pisces are married to the two rulers of your ascendant paints a particularly sweet picture to you.

7. North node is seen as a point of 'growth' and as fate would have it is in the 12th house placed beside Venus and The Sun. It's placement is another testimony to a spiritual person. The ruler's of the n.node are Venus and Jupiter, and if you count modern, Neptune. We already know the importance of these planets in the chart.

8. Interestingly we see the s.node is located in 6th in the sign of Virgo. This is a very down-to-earth placement and as the point that supposedly denotes 'decrease' we see another reason why the spiritual holds such an appeal to you. The ruler of the s.node is Mercury and he under stress from a partile square from Pluto. The configuration tells me that the material world is no cake walk for you as he also is widely square to the Mars.

9. Your Sag moon is on the cusp of the 9th which traditionally is the house of God.

So there you have it. Here are the placements that shows your deep need for spiritually and as you can see, is an overwhelmingly important part of your basic being. If you want to go monk, go for it. (Saturn is also said to rule monks).

Last edited:

audula

thank you so much, conspiracy theorist! i'm really impressed with your interpretation! can you recommend any books or sites i'd be able to visit to learn more about this style of reading??

i also just wanted to say it is very satisfying to learn about my chart and how some of my urges can be validated :joyful: and i thank you for that!

oh, one more thing i've been hoping to figure out! i would appreciate your help but please don't feel obligated! i had an off and on romantic relationship a few years back, and i have been unable to get this person out of my head and my heart. we don't speak anymore but i still think about him every other day. i really feel like he is my soul mate. i'm attaching our composite chart and i as curious about your opinion on us possible being soul mates.

thank you so much,

audrey

Attachments

• astro_621gw_01_02_audrey_worrell_mark_gabel.28979.7300.jpg
    astro_621gw_01_02_audrey_worrell_mark_gabel.28979.7300.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 15

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
audula, I hope you don't mind me chiming in, you had a nice reading by conspiracy, I will try to add some that might fill things in a bit as well.

Hmm, some interesting features with Moon in Sagittarius in the 8th House of transformation and spiritual growth. This is a powerful placement that basically forces you to grow, by throwing you in the deep end. make sure you learn to swim though.

Learn to swim in the spiritual sense because your 12th House is loaded with Sun in Pisces conjunct North Node and Venus. That little combination is another reason you are who you are, you need to find a spiritual path because you spend so much of your unconscious time there.

Both of your luminaries reside in spiritual Houses, you don't have much choice but to grow. At your age you are just becoming aware of your needs to grow and it is making you restless.

With your Aries Rising along with your 8th and 12th Houses I am going to suggest that rather than moving to a monastery, you look seriously at martial arts particularly tai chi and chi kung. Tai chi in particular will satisfy your needs for activity, movement and energy, while the meditation side will satisfy your 12th House of dreams. Your 8th House Moon will love you because it gives you energy for astral travel and other lovely things.

All the best, I hope this has helped.

audula

audula, I hope you don't mind me chiming in, you had a nice reading by conspiracy, I will try to add some that might fill things in a bit as well.

Hmm, some interesting features with Moon in Sagittarius in the 8th House of transformation and spiritual growth. This is a powerful placement that basically forces you to grow, by throwing you in the deep end. make sure you learn to swim though.

Learn to swim in the spiritual sense because your 12th House is loaded with Sun in Pisces conjunct North Node and Venus. That little combination is another reason you are who you are, you need to find a spiritual path because you spend so much of your unconscious time there.

Both of your luminaries reside in spiritual Houses, you don't have much choice but to grow. At your age you are just becoming aware of your needs to grow and it is making you restless.

With your Aries Rising along with your 8th and 12th Houses I am going to suggest that rather than moving to a monastery, you look seriously at martial arts particularly tai chi and chi kung. Tai chi in particular will satisfy your needs for activity, movement and energy, while the meditation side will satisfy your 12th House of dreams. Your 8th House Moon will love you because it gives you energy for astral travel and other lovely things.

All the best, I hope this has helped.

thank you noel eastwood! your last paragraph really made me smile because martial arts, especially tai chi have always been a fascination of mine! i even decided to try tai chi as an outlet earlier in the year and it made me feel completely euphoric! also, tai chi was less of a struggle to accomplish my meditation goals compared to traditional methods. i believe because being able to move has a more relaxing affect on me. so, i think you're pretty accurate when you considered in my aries rising like you did!

thank you both for the interpretations! i feel more confident about making spirituality a more welcoming part of my life and embracing this part of my being! idk if i'll go monk just yet but i kind of feel that something along those lines is inevitable.

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
ah ha, I knew you were like me!

I began to astral travel after 6 months of starting tai chi, I can't see any reason why you can't have a similar experience given the power in your chart.

Good luck with it, I am sure you will enjoy going back to your tai chi classes, just stick with it for at least 12 months and let me know how it goes :)

conspiracy theorist

thank you so much, conspiracy theorist! i'm really impressed with your interpretation! can you recommend any books or sites i'd be able to visit to learn more about this style of reading??

All of my 'astro-education' has been done on the internet so unfortunately I can't recommend any books. Skyscript is great because they have a lot of information on astrology plus free e-books that will help you learn the more traditional approach to the subject. They also have a 1st class forum that is full of experienced and knowledgeable astrologers.

I'd say make use of forums. There are lot of them plastered on the web (like this one). Over the years various people pass through them with interesting, unique and insightful approaches to astrology and I think a lot can be extracted from what they have to say. This means that you start from the earliest threads and make your way to the most recent. I've learned a lot from reading experienced astrologers and googling the unfamiliar terms they use.

If you want book recommendations you should open up threads on all the astrology sites/forums you know so you have a wide range of opinions/approaches to choose from.

As to the style, I wasn't even aware I had one.