Trying to interpret my dream...

akp124

Last night/this morning I was having a good dream. I was with my crush and couple of his friends walking around. Then, he leaves me to walk home by myself while he goes to some get together with his friends (almost all of them were female in the dream).
As I was walking home, the 'no crossing' sign is up and I still decide to cross the street. At that moment, a light blue car being driven by an Asian lady with 2 little girls as passengers is about to turn where I was walking. We make eye contact and the lady tries repeatedly to run me over. I move out of the way and jump on the car repeatedly as to not get run over.
Eventually, she stops and goes on her way. Another lady that was driving behind her stops to help and I call the police. The car comes back but is being driven by an old lady saying that the Asian lady needs help and that she took the little girls away from her.

I usually NEVER remember my dreams, but this one stood out and I can't stop thinking about what it could mean. Ignoring the part about my crush leaving me to walk home alone ( I mean come on, I have my own car), the blue car trying to run me over could mean a problem or situation that is trying to overwhelm me. And that some people are trying to help?
Lately, I have been feeling very down. Crying for no apparent reason and then, like if I need a reason, I start thinking about my ex boyfriend and how he made me feel like I was no one. So, I first start crying and THEN I come up with a reason as to why I am crying.

But then again, this could just be a random dream and wouldn't need any interpretation :p

JUPITERASC

Last night/this morning I was having a good dream. I was with my crush and couple of his friends walking around. Then, he leaves me to walk home by myself while he goes to some get together with his friends (almost all of them were female in the dream).
As I was walking home, the 'no crossing' sign is up and I still decide to cross the street. At that moment, a light blue car being driven by an Asian lady with 2 little girls as passengers is about to turn where I was walking. We make eye contact and the lady tries repeatedly to run me over. I move out of the way and jump on the car repeatedly as to not get run over.
Eventually, she stops and goes on her way. Another lady that was driving behind her stops to help and I call the police. The car comes back but is being driven by an old lady saying that the Asian lady needs help and that she took the little girls away from her.

I usually NEVER remember my dreams, but this one stood out and I can't stop thinking about what it could mean. Ignoring the part about my crush leaving me to walk home alone ( I mean come on, I have my own car), the blue car trying to run me over could mean a problem or situation that is trying to overwhelm me. And that some people are trying to help?
Lately, I have been feeling very down. Crying for no apparent reason and then, like if I need a reason, I start thinking about my ex boyfriend and how he made me feel like I was no one. So, I first start crying and THEN I come up with a reason as to why I am crying.

But then again, this could just be a random dream and wouldn't need any interpretation :p
akp124 there's a great online resource for interpreting dreams - these are just a few interpretations and of course there's plenty more :smile: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

98 word quote:

"To dream you are almost hit or were ran over by a car suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another person. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

Seeing an Asian person in your dream represents an aspect of your own self that is unknown to you.
Additionally, seeing an elderly Asian person represents tradition, wisdom and knowledge.

To see an old woman in your dream indicates your concerns about aging and growing old. Alternatively, the old woman may be an archetypal figure to symbolize feminine power"

retinoid

My guess is since your crush is in it AND someone was trying to run you over repeatedly it signals that you are sabotaging yourself either in relationships, finding a new relationship or life in general. Perhaps it has something to do with you having a victim mentality and that life is out to get you (if you have this feeling I do not know).

akp124

akp124 there's a great online resource for interpreting dreams - these are just a few interpretations and of course there's plenty more :smile: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

98 word quote:

"To dream you are almost hit or were ran over by a car suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another person. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

Seeing an Asian person in your dream represents an aspect of your own self that is unknown to you.
Additionally, seeing an elderly Asian person represents tradition, wisdom and knowledge.

To see an old woman in your dream indicates your concerns about aging and growing old. Alternatively, the old woman may be an archetypal figure to symbolize feminine power"
I did search on this website for the meaning, but I could CLEARLY see the type of car and color. My dreams aren't usually so vivid.

My guess is since your crush is in it AND someone was trying to run you over repeatedly it signals that you are sabotaging yourself either in relationships, finding a new relationship or life in general. Perhaps it has something to do with you having a victim mentality and that life is out to get you (if you have this feeling I do not know).
I always think life is out to get me. :p Just kidding. I have been depressed this past year because of a bad break up. My crush doesn't want to hurt me, he says. So, no relationship for me for a while.

JUPITERASC

I did search on this website for the meaning, but I could CLEARLY see the type of car and color. My dreams aren't usually so vivid.

I always think life is out to get me. :p Just kidding. I have been depressed this past year because of a bad break up. My crush doesn't want to hurt me, he says. So, no relationship for me for a while.
Hi akp124 :smile:

There are many pages on the site, including one for colors
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/colors.htm 97 word quote: "Colors in dreams represent energy, emotions, and vibes. Consider what the color means to you and your own personal associations/relationship with it. Generally, pale pastel colors indicate weakness or subtlety. Dark colors, passion/intensity. Bright colors, awareness.

Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty/openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. The color blue may also be a metaphor for "being blue" and feeling sad.

Wearing light blue in your dream, symbolizes your creativity. You like to pace yourself in whatever you are doing"

akp124

Hi akp124 :smile:

There are many pages on the site, including one for colors
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/colors.htm 97 word quote: "Colors in dreams represent energy, emotions, and vibes. Consider what the color means to you and your own personal associations/relationship with it. Generally, pale pastel colors indicate weakness or subtlety. Dark colors, passion/intensity. Bright colors, awareness.

Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty/openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. The color blue may also be a metaphor for "being blue" and feeling sad.

Wearing light blue in your dream, symbolizes your creativity. You like to pace yourself in whatever you are doing"

well the car was light blue... so this means that my 'sadness' is going to continue to run my life?

eliwhite

You said that you have been depressed over a bad break up. Maybe the dream has to do with that. I think that when we don't deal with things, our subconscious forces itself on us, sometimes through dreams, like it's yelling at you -"Hey! Deal with me!" If you haven't completely dealt with the break up, maybe you have subconscious issues that are affecting your conscious life but you are not aware of it. You said that you do not plan to have a relationship soon, and maybe that is why this new crush walked away. If the color of the car represents sadness, maybe it means that you will continue to be "hit" with depressed until you deal with something, possibly whatever is being represented by the people in the car and how they are acting. At least you were trying to get out of the way of the car in your dream. I would think that means you are trying not to be sad or depressed. I think it would be beneficial for you to try to figure out what it all meant so that you can move on more in your life and make yourself better.