Will I become head of Infrastructure?

starlink

Hi everyone, I was asked to answer this question.

Background: My son works with this company and all of a sudden his boss decides to leave, leaving him, his assistant and one other guy in charge of the whole IT business! Querent is currently involved in a huge project and could only take the position of his boss if he can drop this project (give it to the other guy). He had a meeting and suggested that the department should be cut up in two and one with him as infrastructure head and the other with the other guy as head. The departments handle different things.
My son, so far has only had very positive feedback regarding his work for this company, they are very happy with him and begged him to "hang in " there (2 guys from the US, head bosses).

He wonders if they will accept this proposal and make him head of infrastructure (and his collegue head of something else, to do with all the soft and hardware).

He also wants to know if his salary will be substancially increased if he gets this job, but also if he should not get it, because after all loads of extra work falls now on his shoulder.

Here is the chart:

WillIbecomeheadofInfrastructure.gif

Oh my, I think I did it right this time (copying and pasting I mean)!! Finally!

OK, what do I see?

Ascendant in Critical degree (17°Virgo) showing that the situation is critical
Moon VOC and in Via Combusta, just terrible!!!!, and although this does not mean I cannot look on, it does indicate a "No way" answer.
The Moon being in that late degree also shows that a new beginning is just around the corner for him.

He is signified by Mercury, conjunct Venus in his 5th house. Now, what does that mean:confused: I guess he is speculating this possibility.
Moon is in the 2nd house, his mind is on money issues as he is recently getting a mediocre salary (very stingy company, but he had to take this job to make a new start). They wanted him to do 4 exams to show his expertise after which they would highten his salary to what he would otherwise have started with last year.He did those within 2 month with flying colours.But the basic salary is still meager and he has gotten several much better offers, paying almost double, but he likes it here and rather stays here if they pay him (much)more, than leaving.
10th house ruled by Mercury as well.
I read somewhere that when the ruler of Querent and Quisited are the same, than there is a good chance the Querent gets what he wants. I dont know if this is true though.
Mercury is conjunct Venus, a benific, but Venus is also in a critical degree at 9° Aquarius. (showing that the money business is also critical)

Both Mercury and Venus are ruled by Saturn retro in his house of Joy, the 12th. Saturn is strong there, even though he is retrograde. His point value is +6 and Mercury gets +11 and apart from that there are several Mutual Receptions between Saturn and Mercury, showing someone is supporting him, an older person maybe, someone behind the scenes.
Saturn rules his 5th and 6th, so the latter could show that he is well received by his workcollegues? or that they like his work.

As this chart looks sort of hopeless with that Moon, and oh yes, also with Mars in the 10th in same degree as the Nodes!!! showing a fatefule event (maybe in the sense of one man's death is the other man's bread).
I decided to look at other things, like part of Fortune and Sudden advancement . The Ascendant will trine both points in about 6° = 6 days I reckon.
Part of Fortune is conjunct Jupiter (in fall:( ) in the 4th house of how the matter will end. Ruler of the 4th is Jupiter. Would the POF give enough luck to this fallen Jupiter I ask myself?

I dont look at modern planets usually, just take them as extry background info, but when they are angular, I do look at them.
Uranus is conjunct the 7th house, exactly at 17° as well. and opposing the Ascendant, probably showing this sudden unexpected change, which maybe could bring him luck (Jupiter rules 7th and is conj. POF) even though he cannot do anything about his present situation but just wait and see (Moon VOC).

I also wonder how benefic Stars, work out in houses. Both Spica and Arcturus fall in his 2nd house. Mercury trines the 2nd house cusp as does Venus, so I do think that a raise in salary is in the making. But will it be substancial or just a bit better? It could be because Venus is in her house of Joy as well.

North Node is in the 6th of work, a positive indication as well.

Algol at 25° taurus conjuncts PO Sudden advancement. dont know if that counts as it is not a point, but it could maybe show that the advancement is not as drastic as he would like it to be.
I read in the book : fixed stars and constellations that Algol, even though it shows a decapitated person, also gives success to petitions, makes the wearer bold and magnanimous, preserves the body, protects against witchcraft (LOL) and turns evil and spells back upon those who work with them. So apparently he is not wholy terrifyingly bad as so often is portrayed I guess.

OK guys, this is all I can come up with. I do think they will promote him somehow, but not to the extend that he would have wanted. He will get more salary, and I hope that Venus there in 5 is strong enough. She gets a +1 point.
Overal chart points are +21 to -7 and that looks pretty good to me, but maybe we should only look at the points of the planets that count here.
Then we get Moon -5, Mercury +11, Venus +1, Mars +2 and Jupiter -2
This comes to +14 and minus 7, still not too bad.

I am curious as to what others can tell me here. Cheers, Star.:)

Last edited:

tikana

Hidyhoooo,

i have an issue with this chart

1st house is your son

the job is 10th house
salary is 11th

merc rules both him and the job... when the significators are the same.. usually it means that the significator is insecure
so let's look at moon

moon is void
it will go into sextile with saturn

i say DONT TAKE IT!

there is not enough

merc and venus are conjuncting
but this is his money to his own money.

saturn ruler of 6th hous eis hiidden + it is retro it is MR with merc but there is not much going on

i am not seeing a promotion.. that is the thing.

fixed stars must be hooked ot the planets, it is unsae to judge them by their houses

Let's see what AG says.. i hope she is around today

cheers
T

starlink

Thank you Tik, I oversaw the 11th house as his salary, so that really does not look good does it now!
I also did not know about Querent and Quisited, when one and the same, shows insecurity. Oh well, of course he is insecure. This does look like a marvelous opportunity out of the blue so to say, but with the added (even more) heavy workload and he is already totally burdened. You know how it is in the It world, it's like being a doctor, day and night on duty! and standby in your free time. I am sure he will not accept (IF they offer it) when the salary is not matching the work he has to do. Personally I see him move to another company, but lets wait and see. He asked me NOT to tell him and when he knows, then we compare.
moon is void
it will go into sextile with saturn
Now what does that mean do you think? Sextile is an opportunity.
I wonder if they will accept his proposition of splitting the department up into two different sections. (Mars in Gemini, double sign) shows that he talked (Mars is his 3rd h. ruler) about this.

Let's see what AG says.. i hope she is around today
So do I!!

tikana

Starlink

here is the thing about sextiles

you must have eithe rstrong reception or mutual reception
i am still not liking this

I know this ****** IT business. It will keep him on a call 247 there is no rest.. I have been in this business for 14 years give and take .. unfortunately, it has some major drawbacks and as equal as possitive.

i know exactly what he is going through .. i was in his shoes in 2000 2 main managers left and the whole department ended up on my shoulders.. no one asked me if i wanted to.. I would not leave the office unti 9 pm or osmething and i had to be back at 9 am and sometimes i was in the office 2 days straight.. it is a ****** mess.. and pressure is enornmous. If they wont pay what he deserves, dont take the offer. Trust me it is not worth it .. he is beter off going on his own rather than bending backwards like a surgeon on call 247... i was going on my own in 2000 anyway, so i was literally working 247 no life..

i think moon flipping into Scorpio tells me that there is a job change. i hope he makes a wise decision.. i dont know his circomstances.

dunno babe.. it is not looking too good for him.. it may be a fab opportunity but there are hidden negatives

the thing i was PMing you about ... is part of the reason why i want to leave IT business altogether,, unfortnately, it doesnt look like i will be leaving anytime soon. so i will be doing IT stuff on a side as well as the other thing i was tellin gyou about.

once you are in IT world, it is almost impossible to leave.

T

Last edited:

starlink

it may be a fab opportunity but there are hidden negatives
Absolutely!

once you are in IT world, it is almost impossible to leave.

That's right, and more so if it is your main strength. He studied it in the USA and will soon become a Cert. Cisco Engineer (4 exams done, 5 more to go!).
He knows what he is worth, plus the guy leaving told him what he could ask as did the guy who's position he took last year. He wont go over one nights ice as the saying goes!
Cheers, Star.

Andonis

Mercury is ruler of both querrent and quesited. Use Moon. Mercury and Saturn are mutual. this means to me that after this exchange moon and mercury now in virgo, will be sextile. and applying. So he will get the job. Money too as Moon is in HIS 2nd. Moon, the jobs money will be located in his posessions. Of course not easy as Mars in the 10th shows competition and also mercury when in virgo is in the 12th of hidden enemies. But life is tough and the stronger wins. End of the matter 4th house ruler is jupiter in the 4th but in capri. OK not perfect but hey you wont get better than Jupiter. Interestingly though mutualed Mercury will be sextiled with Jupiter. So those who dare and fight get something.

Last edited:

tikana

Absolutely!

That's right, and more so if it is your main strength. He studied it in the USA and will soon become a Cert. Cisco Engineer (4 exams done, 5 more to go!).
He knows what he is worth, plus the guy leaving told him what he could ask as did the guy who's position he took last year. He wont go over one nights ice as the saying goes!
Cheers, Star

**** SISCO ENG?! Holy! that is the holy grail of IT business! tell him this .. keep the current job do not upgrade it . pass the test and get the **** out of the company and start applying for major companies including govt. There arent many Cisco eng around..because the tests are a nightmare. Job salary in the US ranges from 75 to 140 k a year. VoIP, WAN, LAN, wireless IPs.. drroool ... awesome license to have *****

my hat is of to your son... droool!

T

starlink

Thank you Andonis! You also showed a thing or two here that I had not really seen straight away, like the money of the company (11th) in his 2nd house. But lets stay cool here, the Moon is REALLY not in a super state and will also move into it's fall, outch!!, but maybe Saturn will keep him up his feet!!

What I like about that fallen Jupiter is the fact that it conjuncts the POF. That might give it a bit of a lift maybe. I just read again about the POF in Hamaker Zondag's book and if you believe that, than whereever that part is, it brings super luck, especially in an angle (and it is here!)and only in the 8th or 12th house and then also only when badly aspected or conjunct a nasty star, the POF is not lucky. (according to Ivy Goldstein as well).
Also unlucky would be if the POF is found in Pisces, Scorpio (and their decanates) and when in conflict with Mars or Neptune. this just aside.

Oh well, it is good that we can look beyond the VOC Moon and still see something there, even though, I admit, it probably won't bring him much happiness. I will keep you all posted!! Thanks a lot all of you for your opinions.
Cheers, Star.

starlink

**** SISCO ENG?! Holy! that is the holy grail of IT business!
Yes I know and so does he. Thank God he is really good at doing exams and he does them so fast, I just cant imagine how he does it. He used to be dislectic (often seen with computer guys, did you know this?) but now it apparently does not bother him anymore. But it will take him at least another half year, but he is very determined.
Cheers Tik, and Danke!! Star.

tikana

Starlink

ohh yeah you are talking to one
i have dyslexia and ADD with HADD *attention deficit disorder and hyper attention deficit disorder* i have 0 attention to details. ... computers tend to ground us .. must be electricity. computers rewrited my brain at least.

after a while all above conditions fix themselves .. as soon as you get him out of computer for a month, the problem returns

wierd but true

my dyslexia is wierd.. when i was learning english, it took me 3 months. I learned German *i need a major practice* it took me just about 3 months as well. NOw i am learning 1 veyr difficult language .. i am not even on 2nd week, i am almost done with grammar and covered all cases. Now i need to find a book in that language so i can start seeing how it is all getting put together. FUN STUFF!

T

Last edited:

starlink

Good for you Tik. Could you find any astrological indications for Dyslexia in your chart. That would be something to look at and discuss about in the Forum!
Cheers, Star.

tikana

Ja

it is merc conj uranus off sign...

Michael Dudikoff has dyslexia as well but i dont know his birthtime

Cheers
T

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
hi Star, (sorry I took so long)

I take the querent to be ascendant and thus ruled by mercury located in h5 in aquarius- thus ruled by saturn which is in the twelfth, retrograde and void of course.As saturn rules the fifth here we see the ruler of his income , venus , conjunct with the ruler of his ascendant...in the house of *gambling* or risk-taking....perhaps the decision to take on the extra work feels like a gamble to him.
The job he currently does would be ruled by the tenth, also in the sign of mercury and mars is there about to change into a different mode when it moves into its fall in cancer.Mars also moves toward an opposition to pluto suggesting there is competition involved-but a job change could be indicated by this aspect as well.

The *new job* I would take as the *tenth from the tenth*...thus house seven cusp, ruled by jupiter which also rules his fourth..(I am wondering if this job is tied up with higher study or overseas trips...ninth house matters).
Its hard not to notice startling uranus sitting right there and in 3 *somethings* the MC will square uranus (the new job- a sudden change of direction).

with jupiter ruling the new job and jupiter located in his fourth we see a sextile to uranus-its his if he wants it. Other than that jupiter makes no other applying aspects.
The ruler of his income, house 2 is libra-thus venus and yes the moon is there about to change sign into scorpio....in the via combusta as everyone has noted but also applying to a trine to the sun in jupiters sign and a bit later to uranus, the new job. The moon is sextile pluto -the change and it will also sextile jupiter- the new job.

On the basis of this I am inclined to say yes he will take up the new position, but the moon is in the via combusta so this is a case of hidden matters operating of which we astrologers are unaware, so I'm struggling to call it one way or the other.
Mercury and venus are both applying a trine to cusp of house 2 suggesting he will get a pay rise.Mercury and venus also apply a trine to the MC.
in regards to how overloaded he will be, we look to his ruler, mercury and see it is in saturn's sign and saturn in the twelfth, in virgo and retrograde....he is already overworked and underpaid. When mercury moves into pisces it will be in the sign of its fall so the new job is certainly a massive challenge...maybe more than is good for him as merc would oppose saturn from h6-h12, symbolically.The first few months would indeed be very challenging.
i am thinking yes he will take the new job but as his ruler is in a fixed sign aquarius,he will try to complete his existing projects, as well..unless the conjunction of mercury and venus is suggesting *a partner will help him out*.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

starlink

Wonderful deduction Lilly, really different with the "new job" being Jupiter thing. That did not cross my mind as it is withing the same company, but yes, it would in fact be a new position. He told me that IF they go along with his suggestion and IF the payment would be according to the work input, he would take it ONLY if he does not have to do part of a project he is currently working with. This is an ongoing project and was set up by him last year and needs constant adjustments and corrections and implementing new input. This takes up an enormous amount of his time already, so he absolutely cannot do both things. Question is, who CAN do that project. They would have to hire someone else for that and I doubt if they will.
..(I am wondering if this job is tied up with higher study or overseas trips...ninth house matters).
Could very well be. He travels already to the Middle East regularly, but not to the US or a place, really overseas. He has made the decision to become a Certified Cisco Engineer and has started with his studies already. This can indeed be counted as a higher study as it is extremely difficult. But he if he has something in his head, he does it (Saturn in Cancer in the 5th can take a lot of "no pleasure"!! and sets it's mind to provide for the family).

I was surprised to see that in my programm, Saturn is rewarded with +6 points and Mercury with +11! Maybe Saturn in its house of Joy makes him stronger?
Mercury is parallel Sirius which is also nice.

in 3 *somethings* the MC will square uranus (the new job- a sudden change of direction).
Also something I did not think of looking at. Indeed a good indication. The other guy will then leave, in about 3 weeks time. And yes, Jupiter also in 3° sextiling Uranus.

The new salary could also be better (ruled by Mars, 2nd of the 10th), and even though Mars is in fall in Cancer, it does rule the sign by day and night + he will be in his own term for a while and up to the 10th degree in face of Venus.
Oh well, we will see. He comes this evening to me so I will ask him when he is going to hear what will happen. I will keep you posted. Thanks a lot for looking at this.
Have you not noticed that a lot of questions asked in this period are quite difficult to interprete?

Cheers, Starlink

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Star, Yes I have found horary charts to be very difficult to interpret with the current planetary patterns! But yes Saturn does get extra for being in the twelfth (but I've read it can cause trouble there!) and his ruler about to enter pisces in a couple of weeks.....Anyway I hope you will let us know what actually happens...(Wish him luck too!)
Cheers Lillyjgc

starlink

Hi everyone. Update time. They offered him the position but only with a 5% salary increase which is less then peanuts, so he has not (yet) accepted.
Instead he wrote them an email, giving them all the facts about people doing the same type of work, statistics from the internet, also showing what people earn in that position etc. etc. He sent it away I think just before Easter, so let them brood on that one for awhile. I hope Andonis is right when he said:
Interestingly though mutualed Mercury will be sextiled with Jupiter. So those who dare and fight get something.
Well, he is certainly fighting, so lets hope he will get what he is asking for or at least being met halfway (he would accept that as well).

With this in mind, and the new thread about progressing horary charts, It would be fun to try to progress this one (I mean me, you dont have to do that of course. I have his birthchart etc.). I could already see that his natal Moon at 17° Capricorn is exactly trining the horary Ascendant. Will keep you posted!
Cheers, Star.

Last edited:

starlink

UPDATE!! I am very happy to announce that my son DID get what he asked for!!!! but without bonus, so it all comes out to only a little bit less than he really would like to have gotten, but hey, he is happy with this result, he got the new title (IT Manager) and we will just have to see how he will be doing from now on. POOH, that was a very heavy, long stretched thing.
I am a truly proud mama!! Starlink

Moulin

WOW that's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you and your family :)

May your son be blessed and happy.

starlink said:
UPDATE!! I am very happy to announce that my son DID get what he asked for!!!! but without bonus, so it all comes out to only a little bit less than he really would like to have gotten, but hey, he is happy with this result, he got the new title (IT Manager) and we will just have to see how he will be doing from now on. POOH, that was a very heavy, long stretched thing.
I am a truly proud mama!! Starlink