Most hot-headed, short tempered sign of the Zodiac?

dreamtimez

I feel its the placement of Mars ... and the strength of Mars. People with Mars in the first house can be quick to anger.

Sakuranbo

As a Aries myself, I used to get very angrey and annoyed easily.

But now, I'm pretty calm and I'll get annoyed from time to time.

bittermoon

I also think it has more to do with the placement of Mars than the Sun sign. I just looked at the charts of 2 people that immediately came to mind when I saw this post. They both have Mars conjunct their Sun. One in Cancer, the other in Aries.

divine g

Banned
@Sakuranbo

You're Sun sign has probably progressed into Taurus, which is a much more calm and patient sign than Aries. Taurus is slower to anger, but when they do get pushed to the edge, watch out!

I also have Mars in 1st, with a quick temper, but Saturn is conjuncting it, so I've learned, and am still practicing to control it.

But honestly, as per the title of the thread, those traits are the definition of Aries, so it's kind of a dead giveaway right off the bat. Anyone with a moon sign in Aries would also fit this definition, regardless of their Sun sign.

I would also fear Scorpio's temper, because they can hold it in for days, weeks, even years before erupting..

SagRising

I'm a Pisces sun, on the cusp of rebirth, and my moon is in Aries. I think having this placement makes me competitive to an extent.

Mars is in Cap II house.

I'd describe myself as easy-going, friendly, and fun to be around... however, I can be very rude, blunt, and direct with people when provoked.

dreamtimez

I would also fear Scorpio's temper, because they can hold it in for days, weeks, even years before erupting..

True. That makes Scorpios are neither hot-headed nor short-tempered. Sudden anger is an Aries (Mars) trait. What is interesting is that Scorpios are ruled by Mars too, but a 'watery' Mars as opposed to the 'fiery' Mars of Aries. On second thoughts, if we take Pluto as the ruler of Scorpio then perhaps we can better explain the Scorpio.

Saturnian

I'm very quick to anger and even if it does show a little bit,on the inside I really am boiling and looking to unleash it.Afterwards I feel much better than doing nothing.

I have Mars conjunct Asc.

virgo18

In general terms we can say that Suns in Aries, Capricorn, and maybe Scorpio... "could be short tempered" But not... You can have Libra Sun, Moon in Taurus, Mars in Libra..... and be extremely hot headed. Or you can have Aries sun or Moon and be very peaceful.

This stuff is more of the aspects between some planets in the natal chart:

• Sun conjunct/square/opposition Mars.... hot headed, fighter, aggressive
  • Sun conjunct/square/opposition Pluto.... can be vindictive when its mad
  • Mars conjunct/square/opposition Uranus... unreliable short temper
  • Mars conjunct/square/opposition Saturn... dangerous when it loose patience
  • Mars conjunct/square/opposition Moon... aggressive, non-considerate
  • Mars conjunct/square/opposition Pluto... extremely hot headed
  • Mercury conjunct/square/opposition Mars... verbally aggressive
  • Uranus conjunct/square/opposition Saturn... low patience
  • Mars in Taurus, Aries, or Scorpio... in general terms
  • Moon in Aries or Scorpio... in general terms
  • Aries or Capricorn Ascendant... I read something about that

Last edited:

Aeryn

I've studied the fire signs more than any others from a behavioral pov and this is how I find them to deal with 'irritations':

Aries explodes immediately and in your face, but the fire dissipates just as quickly. If you're still around by that time you can move on as a team and laugh about it.

Leo won't explode, but Leo will lash out, make you hurt and won't easily forgive or forget. You have to work for it. And even then Leo is not above reminding you now and then.

Sagittarius will receive the hurt and then move on to bigger and better things. If you care to run after Sag chances are you'll be forgiven if they can remember what it is you are asking forgiveness for. However, if the hurt was bad enough retribution could become a fun game to play.

Last edited:

piercethevale

It's said that Taurus has the 'slowest fuse' of all...and by reputation of the animal, the bull, as to the rest of the animal kingdom that seems to be consistent. But once the bull charges...look out....they will fight to the finish.
Capricorns actually like to fight. My brother once did a study and found that there are more professional boxers [and good fighters!] from the sign of Capricorn than any other. Leos are quick to retort, Virgos too but in a honest confrontational way. Geminis just as quickly as Virgos but they can be terrible in their reproofs and quite vitriolic. Sagittarius mainly likes to get even for any wrong they perceive done to them and they generally like to do it in an surreptitious manner. Aries are most definitely the headstrong ones and quick to action, but generally only if it is rightly so...but Scorpios, oh those Scorpios.....'shudder'...that's the sign I tread most cautiously around...Don't insult or deliberately injure a Scorpio and they are also the last sign you want to pull any practical joke on that is done publicly, most especilly if it embarasses them in any manner...they don't look to exchange retributive blows...they will seek out and destroy.

Aeryn

Sagittarius mainly likes to get even for any wrong they perceive done to them and they generally like to do it in an surreptitious manner.
Good point that I'll add to my previous post: If the hurt was bad enough retribution could become a fun game to play.

divine g

Banned
Mars conjunct/square/opposition Uranus... *unreliable* short temper
Mars conjunct/square/opposition Saturn... dangerous when it loose patience
Mars conjunct/square/opposition Moon... aggressive, non-considerate
Mars conjunct/square/opposition Pluto... extremely hot headed
Mercury conjunct/square/opposition Mars... verbally aggressive
I would say this is pretty accurate @Virgo18, except I think you meant "unpredictable", not "unreliable" in terms of the Mars/Uranus square. As Horus said, it can come suddenly. I have this aspect. I also have Mars rising in Leo. Also Mars conjunct Saturn. And my Mars squares Mercury in my 10th. So yeah, I can open up a pretty big can of verbal whoop-*** when provoked. And my Mercury is in 10th, so I like to do it in public, and my profession pretty much calls for that. And Piercethevale also is on the money about Capricorns, Muhammad Ali was a Capricorn. I have a Capricorn moon, and I do box to blow off steam..Saturn conjuncting Mars keeps the anger in check, but makes Mars that much more combustible when he reaches his boiling point..

Last edited:

Aeryn

:mars::virgo: in 3rd
:mars::square::moon:
:mars::square::mercury:
:mars::conjunct::jupiter:
:mars::square::neptune:

I always think before I speak and consider myself the most considerate person I know. In my private life I am gentle and caring, but professionally people know me to be an aggressive person. I go after what I want and fight for my opinion to be heard until I am convinced otherwise. I've been called high-maintenance because of that, but that same person also said that that's what makes me good at my job.

A guy once nicknamed me Panzer, after the German tanks that could not be stopped, rolling over anything that gets in my way - he didn't know me very well, but I can see how he could have come to see me that way.

I avoid conflict though and I might snap at a person once in 5 years.

mizz

sun in aries

i used to be pretty aggressive but somwhow i learned to channel it out through aggressive work out 5 times a week and now m a calmer person but still i sometimes explode ( and regret after 5min):D