Need help deciding on a degree

lilithofeden

I am currently working as an executive assistant in a sales and marketing firm and I'm in school working towards a certificate in business management at university. I am planning on applying towards a degree, but I'm completely stumped between marketing, communications, or computer science.

Can anyone shed some light on what they see in my chart and which would be a better option? It's been on my mind for months and I'm going in circles.

Thanks a bunch :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_me.11910.8114.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_me.11910.8114.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

rahu

Banned
Hi Lilithofeden
I don't really get the feeling that any of the options you mention are what you should be striving for .I get the feeling that you are focusing on fields your father wants you to go into.
You have mercury conjunct Pluto with these square the vertex and square to chiron which is conjunct the antivertex.
This pattern shows that you are a very deep thinker .your mind is drawn to the most profound questions of life. Chiron shows you are extremely intelligent and analytical and critical. You can understand both sides of any argument and invariably know which side is correct or valid you prize coherence of words and actions but abhor hypocrisy .you are either pro issues and people or con issues and people, there is no gray areas in your mind. You have a inquisitive and investigative mind
Your moon is conjunct to Eros and Jupiter which shows you have a love of the pursuit of knowledge .
Jupiter is square the node/uranus midpoint giving you brilliance in intellectual endeavors .this shows you are guided by psychic /astral abilities so that you always are drawn to the center of any intellectual investigation .this pattern also suggests that much of your conscious knowledge is guided by your dreams
You are amazingly intuitive as the nodal axis is square the Lilith axis this suggests that your gut feelings are always correct.
Though I am veering off from the thrust of your inquiry, you are a extremely passionate and idealistically romantic person, though these impulses are likely latent because of a emotionally restricted childhood.
Your sun/moon midpoint is conjunct to pysche and square to mars .this shows you to be very drawn to idealistic /spiritual people or causes
Your eros/psyche midpoint is square to Uranus which shows that love comes to you with intensity and idealism that most often can only be brief .Eris is square to Neptune which is incredibly passionate but again tends towards connections that devolve into jealousy .
But given the 3 options presented, I suggest computer science because mercury square chiron gives a precise and deductive mind .
rahu

Last edited:

Horus

Gemini MC and its ruler in Gemini's natural house? Communications. The Sun is basically in the 3rd too, so this is where you're strongest and going to be the most effective, and Virgo is another communications sign. But marketing is also Gemini and so that works too.

Do whichever you enjoy most.

Last edited:

lilithofeden

Hi Lilithofeden
I don't really get the feeling that any of the options you mention are what you should be striving for .I get the feeling that you are focusing on fields your father wants you to go into.
You have mercury conjunct Pluto with these square the vertex and square to chiron which is conjunct the antivertex.
This pattern shows that you are a very deep thinker .your mind is drawn to the most profound questions of life. Chiron shows you are extremely intelligent and analytical and critical. You can understand both sides of any argument and invariably know which side is correct or valid you prize coherence of words and actions but abhor hypocrisy .you are either pro issues and people or con issues and people, there is no gray areas in your mind. You have a inquisitive and investigative mind
Your moon is conjunct to Eros and Jupiter which shows you have a love of the pursuit of knowledge .
Jupiter is square the node/uranus midpoint giving you brilliance in intellectual endeavors .this shows you are guided by psychic /astral abilities so that you always are drawn to the center of any intellectual investigation .this pattern also suggests that much of your conscious knowledge is guided by your dreams
You are amazingly intuitive as the nodal axis is square the Lilith axis this suggests that your gut feelings are always correct.
Though I am veering off from the thrust of your inquiry, you are a extremely passionate and idealistically romantic person, though these impulses are likely latent because of a emotionally restricted childhood.
Your sun/moon midpoint is conjunct to pysche and square to mars .this shows you to be very drawn to idealistic /spiritual people or causes
Your eros/psyche midpoint is square to Uranus which shows that love comes to you with intensity and idealism that most often can only be brief .Eris is square to Neptune which is incredibly passionate but again tends towards connections that devolve into jealousy .
But given the 3 options presented, I suggest computer science because mercury square chiron gives a precise and deductive mind .
rahu

Thank you for your well written reply. My father and I are very close, and he has always given me enough room to grow as an individual and supports me on whatever I wish to do. That said, he doesn't have an opinion on what I should go to school for, but he will be my number one supporter!

There was a point in time where I wanted to be a private investigator! My Scorpio planets would have loved that, but marketing and computer science involves investigating and research too. With computer science, I'll be a life long student because new languages are always coming out. Your delineation has been spot on about most things - thank you!

lilithofeden

Gemini MC and its ruler in Gemini's natural house? Communications. The Sun is basically in the 3rd too, so this is where you're strongest and going to be the most effective, and Virgo is another communications sign. But marketing is also Gemini and so that works too.

Do whichever you enjoy most.

Hi Horus,

Thank you for looking at my chart and for your response. :)

I was considering my placements as you mentioned when considering the degrees. If I go for marketing, I would want to double major in marketing and communications. But computer science interests me too because I'll have to be literate in multiple programing languages, and constantly learning them too because tech changes to frequently. The only downfall about computer science is the degree program is math heavy.

theV

Communication might suits you the best then marketing then computing. If you go with computing, you'll need a lot of Uranian energy. But the strongest energy in your chart is Mercury with Virgo Rising/Gemini MC and Sun in the third house. Teaching computing might suits you well. I found many scorpio fits in literature stream more than scientific.

Last edited:

Horus

Hi Horus,

Thank you for looking at my chart and for your response. :)

I was considering my placements as you mentioned when considering the degrees. If I go for marketing, I would want to double major in marketing and communications. But computer science interests me too because I'll have to be literate in multiple programing languages, and constantly learning them too because tech changes to frequently. The only downfall about computer science is the degree program is math heavy.

I can see the appeal -conceptually, but the actual doing will likely be much less interesting to you than marketing and communications. I took web programming classes for just basic html and javascript and I found it to be pretty dry, boring, and generally blecchhh! And as you note the math...so this option is kinda uphill or against the natural flow of your interests? But perhaps check out some programming books from the library or online and see if the material appeals to you or not.

I also think your Libra (being a social sign) lends itself well to working with people more rather than machines.

Save

LeoLady22

lilithofeden,
I'm not surprised you're going around in circles, because you have quite a few options here!

MC in Gemini shows commerce/communications or working with the hands.

Mercury the MC ruler is conj Pluto in the 3rd house (communications/short distance journeys) Pluto rules big business/insurance.

A nice trine from Jupiter to the MC indicates that teaching/lecturing is a possibility, as well as a career that takes you abroad or is connected with legal matters.

You also have a trine from Saturn to the MC which could point to a career in something that is traditional.

Another trine from the Moon to the MC could draw you towards a caring type of career, maybe in the food industry?

I can't see Computer Science indicated as Uranus isn't prominent so if I had to choose between the 3 degrees you list I would say it's toss-up between Communications/Marketing.

However, I still think you should keep your options open at the moment and see what turns up. With lucky Jupiter aspecting the MC the outcome looks promising. :smile: