Do people usually attract others based on our rising signs (The Ascendant)?

Astrology

Do people usually attract others based on our rising signs (The Ascendant)? For example, I have Sagittarius Rising, which is my Ascendant sign. Does this mean that I attract Sagittarians? In addition, are we attracted to our Descendant signs? In my birth chart, I know that I have Descendant in Gemini. Does this mean that I'm attracted to Geminis? Also, 7th house is more important to consider when it comes to marriage or Juno? Which one explains much more about marriage in a person's birth chart? I have Juno in Capricorn, 1st house. What does that mean?

Attachments

• Birth Chart Table.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Birth Chart.jpg
    Birth Chart.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 23

IleneK

Premium Member
Do people usually attract others based on our rising signs (The Ascendant)? For example, I have Sagittarius Rising, which is my Ascendant sign. Does this mean that I attract Sagittarians? In addition, are we attracted to our Descendant signs?

Attraction results from various planetary connections, but to address your particular question about the angles, the Asc and Desc:
You would attract people in whose chart your Sun or Moon or other important personal planet falls in their 7th sign/house. And you are attracted to folks whose Sun, Moon, or other important personal planet falls in your 7th.
For me another strong connection happens when another person's Asc-Dsc axis is the opposite of mine, so my first sign is on their 7th house and visa versa.

In my birth chart, I know that I have Descendant in Gemini. Does this mean that I'm attracted to Geminis?

yes

Also, 7th house is more important to consider when it comes to marriage or Juno? Which one explains much more about marriage in a person's birth chart? I have Juno in Capricorn, 1st house. What does that mean?

The import of the houses in astrology has a lot longer history than the very new asteroids. So I might lean toward the the Dsc/7th house polarity with your Asc is being more important. But I expect it may vary from person to person, marriage to marriage.
I think Juno refers to one's manifestation as a wife and supporter of the marriage, with Juno in Cap pointing to your commitment and willingness to work hard to support and create stability in a marriage? In the 1st, it suggests that these qualities being a part of your very essence. Being in the 2nd Whole Sign suggests that these are your personal values.

What do you think? Does this fit how do you see yourself?

Last edited:

wan

I think I tend to be attracted to people who have planets in my 4th house (as opposed to either 1st or 7th).

ElenaJ

What does it mean to be attracted to someone according to their ascendent?
The ascendent is the way we present ourselves to the world.
All the energy in our chart is funnelled through this point.
So what makes others attractive to you? Usually you pick up on something that relates to something similar inside you. The way they express themselves, speak, laugh, dress.
In your example, you express sagittarian traits, that others pick up on when they meet you or relate to you. If they have something inside them that is similar, which could be their moon, sun, venus, mars, there is a connection and a positive one. Instinct says you have something in common. It's like a mirror reflection.
This can work in the complementary way as well. A gemini can be drawn to your sagittarius personality, as in "opposites attract", because they complete each other, they bounce off each other.
A detail minded, methodical virgo personality (rising or personal planets) might react in a different way to the free flowing sag energy.
These are just generalisations obviously, and there are a lot of factors in the charts that can cause attraction.
To give an easy example, a person with strong Jupiter in their chart might be drawn to a sag ascendent, again because the energies resonate and reflect each other.
Your chart has quite a bit of Capricorn in the ascendent, so you might also attract Saturn-types.

xichuwangwai

Do people usually attract others based on our rising signs (The Ascendant)? For example, I have Sagittarius Rising, which is my Ascendant sign. Does this mean that I attract Sagittarians? In addition, are we attracted to our Descendant signs? In my birth chart, I know that I have Descendant in Gemini. Does this mean that I'm attracted to Geminis? Also, 7th house is more important to consider when it comes to marriage or Juno? Which one explains much more about marriage in a person's birth chart? I have Juno in Capricorn, 1st house. What does that mean?
No, it does not mean you're attracted to Sagittarians. And no, it does not mean you're attracted to Geminis. Well, astrology is not that simple.

Which one is more important? It differs from chart to chart. Your chart for example, the 7th is more important (Mercury conjunct fixed star Spica, has more aspects, et cetera). But that doesn't mean you don't have to consider Juno at all. For example, Mercury says your partner "not local", and yet Juno says your partner "local". So which one should you listen to? Listen to Mercury because it's more important? No, that's not the answer. The answer is, listen to both, also consider the rest in the chart, and some things will emerge: Ruler of the 4th in the 12th in Sagittarius, says that you moved/will move far away from your born place, so you yourself are/will be not so local anymore. It can mean that the time you meet your partner, you live far away from each other. South Korea is not that big of a country, so local can mean adjacent countries. It can mean that the first time when you meet, it's the time you go back to South Korea or you visit the adjacent country. So now, "not local" and also "local", problem solved.