Is composite chart of an event a type of horary? Sun conj Venus!

Melinn

I'm all new to this horary stuff and before I even knew anything about it this is what I have done for a couple of mounts: I have a male friend (classmates at uni) I have feelings for. We flirt subtly a lot but I'm not sure if he had strong feelings for me, if he thinks about me all the time as I do about him. So far subtle touches and hugs is as far as we have gone, as we are "only" friends.

So I got the idea for some time ago to draw up event charts with for ex stuff like "first time he hugged me". "first time he touched me" etc and I then draw up a composite of this charts.

For ex a composite of: His natal chart + "our first hug".

I just merely thought this would give a clue about "What he felt hugging me", but I may have used this all wrong?

So however, in ALL the composites I done of events like this The Sun is Always Conjunct the Venus! I mean, always! In everyone of them! Is this normal?!

I even started to make event composites of mundane stuff like "having lunch with him", and yes, sun is always conj the venus! Its crazy!? I have then tested this on events when we havn't been together and then the sun is not conj venus so...

What are your thoughts? And do I use this all wrong?

IleneK

Premium Member
Personally I don't think your composites make much sense, although it is a creative idea. I would say to do them and then track what follows and see if they have validity in illustrating your experience.

To my knowledge you cannot use these "event" charts for horary, since they are not a chart for the time of your question. But maybe you are the beginning of a new kind of astrological practice? Only time will tell.

Best to you,

Melinn

Personally I don't think your composites make much sense, although it is a creative idea. I would say to do them and then track what follows and see if they have validity in illustrating your experience.

To my knowledge you cannot use these "event" charts for horary, since they are not a chart for the time of your question. But maybe you are the beginning of a new kind of astrological practice? Only time will tell.

Best to you,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Well I have good astro instincts if one can call it that, but I'm just a newbie. Well I have been into astrology for 9 years but I have so much to learn.

Horary is very new to me. I have heard of others putting together events and composites of them before so thats why I wanted to test it out, but I sre don't know what I'm doing lol!

But isin't it weird its always sun conj venus in the charts I draw?

dr. farr

An event chart shows the influences active at the time of the event and the chart can also be progressed to indicate the course of events arising from, or as a result, of that event.

A horary is where you ask a specific question and then interpret the indications as found in the horary chart.

In Relationship Charts, the "First Meeting" chart is an event chart that can be used to speak of the course of the relationship. Much like a natal chart describes the person. You can also use Composites, Synastry, etc. to show the general nature of the interaction and relationship between two entities as well. Horary, though, is used to answer a specific question. Perhaps you can post a chart for the "First meeting" in another forum to find out more?

Or conversely, ask a specific question and erect a horary for it.