Thoughts on uranus-moon symbolizing conservatism and liberalism both?

Alright. Moon and Uranus are opposite energies to those resembles Sun and Saturn aka Authority, Patriarchy, etc. because of this the moon and uranus should represent liberalism imo. i dont know much about Us political history but speaking for today you can tell by who votes for dems.
feminsm, leftism as well. No doubt when both together is a restless and rebel combination. could be against society, authority what is considered system-order(saturn and sun), and shallow-traditional you know.

but sometimes Cancer/Moon alone has been reffered as Conservative and traditional as well. I also read that uranus is also about radicalism, conservatism as well So i think they are emphasized in two opposite ways depending on the situations i guess.
So I do not think planets have single and permanent meanings.

and Saturn as well. could be either indicate Richest and Poorest both Elite and corporational or governmantal groups or the bottom poor class as well.
so This question got into my mind thoughts you can add to this?
I would be grateful thank you.

Lin

You are right. There is NO one planet or aspect or house etc which represents any specific politics.
Politics in general are represented by house 9. It also rules legislation, court decisions when court is federal....the 9th house represents one's beliefs and that would, I guess, include political beliefs. But even that is way too general.

Progressive or liberal thinking takes an OPEN MIND. So if a person is open minded he/she is likely to make political decisions which depend upon the PERSON and not the PARTY. Or at least that is the ideal.

What is happening now in the world has little to do with political beliefs. We are in a time of hate, xenophobia, and close mindedness. This is a zeitgeist of great polarities in financial valuables. When people are not working, or there is too wide a polarity of rich and poor, there is a tendency for the masses to want to BLAME someone.

And there are never a lack of those who tend to be blamed.

This has, as I said, little to do with politics.

In the U.S., our constitution is VERY CLEAR on civil rights. But in the past 4 years there has been a trend toward very primitive thinking and ignoring our own Constitution....which is the only thing we have to rely on. It's very powerful and works very well when followed.

But when there are individual who want POWER more than they want ANYTHING ELSE then we are as far away from politics and our own ''template''..... We have a Napoleon, A Hitler, a Franco, a Stalin. Power hungry people who use the ''core'' values of a political ideal and use it to grab as much power, money and followers as possible....but ultimately it turns out nothing like the ideal it was in the beginning.

And the only way this type of person succeeds is when the ''people'' stop thinking for themselves and forget the history, traditions & legacy of their own party.

Strong (and negative) Neptune, Uranus, Pluto aspects to personal planets can signify that the person is not a clear independent thinker.

People who otherwise think they are victims will often search widely for someone to blame.

There are always ''clues'' that the person is not open minded or independent in thinking.

LIN

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
I find that Moon/Uranus tends to the drastic and the wild. They are curious, enigmatic, strange, receptive to the mysterious and independent. I don't think they care much for conservative notions.

Perhaps Moon alone might tend to conservative ideas, but I don't see it in Moon/Uranus.

Astro-Intuitive

Alright. Moon and Uranus are opposite energies to those resembles Sun and Saturn aka Authority, Patriarchy, etc. because of this the moon and uranus should represent liberalism imo. i dont know much about Us political history but speaking for today you can tell by who votes for dems.
feminsm, leftism as well. No doubt when both together is a restless and rebel combination. could be against society, authority what is considered system-order(saturn and sun), and shallow-traditional you know.

but sometimes Cancer/Moon alone has been reffered as Conservative and traditional as well. I also read that uranus is also about radicalism, conservatism as well So i think they are emphasized in two opposite ways depending on the situations i guess.
So I do not think planets have single and permanent meanings.

and Saturn as well. could be either indicate Richest and Poorest both Elite and corporational or governmantal groups or the bottom poor class as well.
so This question got into my mind thoughts you can add to this?
I would be grateful thank you.

Hi HonourAndDevotion,

Uranus, by definition, is independent and different from the ordinary. Things can either be very good or very bad, as there are no half-way measures with this planet.

As to its manifestations in how a person expresses its energies, that depends on its configurations in signs and with other planets as well as the mental and moral development of a person. For example, a Saturn conjunction to Uranus can either mitigate its tendancies for extremism...or cause one to be conversative to the extreme. Its manifestations and expressions need to be interpreted holistically or in conjunction with other aspects it is making in a person's chart.

When Uranus (or any planet for that matter) makes a strong aspect with a light, such as the Sun or Moon, its force/influence is exponetially strenghtened. It can also be strengthened if its in a cardinal house, sitting right on a cardinal angle, or has a declination that is greater than 23.5 N/S parallel (astrologially termed: OOB or Out-of-Bounds). How its force is expressed, again, depends on the development of the individual in question and the types of choices he or she makes. If Uranus is opposing the Sun or Moon along with other planets, that can be indicative of a highly unstable individual, especially if there are no other planets/aspects to mitigate or balance such influences. Unless the individual is trained the virtues of self-discipline (and learning to discipline him/herself) at an early age, an unstable/unhinged way of living could be the result.

Trump, for example, has Uranus conjunct his Sun, Uranus parallel his Sun, Uranus parallel Venus, Uranus parallel the ASC, Uranus parallel Pluto, and Uranus contraparallel the Moon (with Moon also being in opposition to his Sun/Uranus conjunction and the other planets/angle mentioned). There are no half-way measures with him. Everything is very black-and-white. Uranus' location in Gemini (ruled by Mercury) explains why he's so obsessed with communications and the media. Unfortunately, the expressions and choices he had made from this level of extremism have been more chaotic than constructive.

Another person who has a strong Uranus is Ayn Rand. Her level of extremism was just as intense but expressed more consciously, deliberately, and constructively. She had Uranus in a cardinal house and its declination was 23S38. She did not consider herself to be a Republican or Conservative (she disagreed with both of their philosophies) but a radical for: capitalism, rationality, and individualism, and philosophy (Uranus in Sagittarius). Her Moon conjunct Mercury in Capricorn intensified her tendencies toward being super-rational and taking a business-like approach to emotional matters.

So, the expression of this Uranus (or any planet, sign, or rising sign) very much depends on an individual's entire horoscope and the position and aspects of planets in houses, signs, and to other planets/angles.

Lin

Uranus is in a sign for about 8 years. So you should never blame one planet for anything like ''obsesses with communications and the media''.

Obsession requires other planets such as Neptune and Pluto and sometimes even Saturn to become a major theme in a person's psyche.

The aspects made to and by Uranus will narrow down the dynamics of the way it works in any particular chart.

LIN

CapAquaPis

Uranus is the planet of liberal, progressive and radical thought...but it's hard to determine it's attributes are left-wing and Democratic politics here in the USA.

Astro-Intuitive

Uranus is in a sign for about 8 years. So you should never blame one planet for anything like ''obsesses with communications and the media''.

Obsession requires other planets such as Neptune and Pluto and sometimes even Saturn to become a major theme in a person's psyche.

The aspects made to and by Uranus will narrow down the dynamics of the way it works in any particular chart.

LIN

Hi Lin,

My comment about Trump's Uranus and Mercury (with his Mercury having an extreme declination of 25N10) was in reference to his natal chart specifically and how it influences his temperament as a person—not to transits regarding Uranus.

As I mentioned in my post, its power, influence and manifestations depends on the type of aspects/configurations in makes in one's chart.

Because Trump has such a strong Uranus in that it aspects his Sun, Moon, Venus, Saturn, Pluto and ASC (in longitude or declination), it virtually shows up in everything he does and predominates in his life. And with Mercury also being a very strong influence in his life by his Sun sign, by Mercury being conjunct an angle, and by Mercury having an extreme declination of 25N10, it only intensifies an already overactive Uranus when it exercises its forces—i.e., when it pulls upon the signs it rules (Gemini and Virgo and any planets therein) in all manners of its communications.

Again, though, this Uranus influence being very specific to Trump—because of its unique aspects and configurations in his chart.

Respectfully,
Astro-Intuitive

CapAquaPis

You are right. There is NO one planet or aspect or house etc which represents any specific politics.
Politics in general are represented by house 9. It also rules legislation, court decisions when court is federal....the 9th house represents one's beliefs and that would, I guess, include political beliefs. But even that is way too general.

Progressive or liberal thinking takes an OPEN MIND. So if a person is open minded he/she is likely to make political decisions which depend upon the PERSON and not the PARTY. Or at least that is the ideal.

What is happening now in the world has little to do with political beliefs. We are in a time of hate, xenophobia, and close mindedness. This is a zeitgeist of great polarities in financial valuables. When people are not working, or there is too wide a polarity of rich and poor, there is a tendency for the masses to want to BLAME someone.

And there are never a lack of those who tend to be blamed.

This has, as I said, little to do with politics.

In the U.S., our constitution is VERY CLEAR on civil rights. But in the past 4 years there has been a trend toward very primitive thinking and ignoring our own Constitution....which is the only thing we have to rely on. It's very powerful and works very well when followed.

But when there are individual who want POWER more than they want ANYTHING ELSE then we are as far away from politics and our own ''template''..... We have a Napoleon, A Hitler, a Franco, a Stalin. Power hungry people who use the ''core'' values of a political ideal and use it to grab as much power, money and followers as possible....but ultimately it turns out nothing like the ideal it was in the beginning.

And the only way this type of person succeeds is when the ''people'' stop thinking for themselves and forget the history, traditions & legacy of their own party.

Strong (and negative) Neptune, Uranus, Pluto aspects to personal planets can signify that the person is not a clear independent thinker.

People who otherwise think they are victims will often search widely for someone to blame.

There are always ''clues'' that the person is not open minded or independent in thinking.

LIN

In my natal chart, the 9th is under Pisces and the planet Mercury placement. Where do I stand on the political spectrum? I considered myself a Center-Left Democrat for social change and income distribution to improve life in America.

Lin

Actually I think MOST democrats feel the most comfortable in the CENTER lane. But the center is not the center from 30 years ago.:pouty:

So for me, in most areas I would be considered a liberal. But I like that term...it's like ''progressive'' used to be defined.

I have a strong Uranus but it sextiles my Pluto. It makes NO negative aspects. And it's angular.

I think my attitudes of ''inclusiveness'' are represented by my Venus and Jupiter and Cancer. Also with no squares or oppositions to them. I am very nurturing psychologically.

I think if my Venus and Jupiter were squared or opposed I would be a very suspicious and possibly paranoid. WHEW!! Thank you God....lol.

LIN

waybread

Actually, in a "blind" chart-reading, I would simply interpret moon opposite Uranus as someone with very changeable emotions. Uranus rules sudden change; and because the moon changes sign and phase so quickly, it also has the connotation of inconstancy.

This might be more so in mutable signs, and less so in fixed signs, but you get the idea.

As Juliet put it to Romeo in their balcony scene:

“O, swear not by the moon, th' inconstant moon, That monthly changes in her circle orb, Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.”

I would see Saturn or Capricorn, including the moon in Capricorn as more inclined to conservative views. Consider what happens with the moon in Aquarius, ruled by Uranus, after all.

Lin

To me Uranus opp Moon represents emotional abandonment. Maybe even physical abandonment.

this aspect must be seen in the context of a chart and esp the houses tenented.

LIN

Humanitarian

I find that Moon/Uranus tends to the drastic and the wild. They are curious, enigmatic, strange, receptive to the mysterious and independent. I don't think they care much for conservative notions.

Perhaps Moon alone might tend to conservative ideas, but I don't see it in Moon/Uranus.
Yes, as Moon-Uranus is very liberal, and even radical progressive, like me, although have a quincunx between Moon and Uranus and I'm still a far-left person, after all.