what is my moon sign? capricorn or aquarius

kelly87

dob: oct 2nd, 1987
time: 10:17am
birth place: ludhiana, punjab, india

astrosage tells me capricorn and a different website tells me aquarius

can someone please let me know about my moon sign and give general views on my natal chart?

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you asking from a Vedic or Western prospective?

Did one of the sites you consulted use Vedic astrology and the other use Western?

Everything in a Vedic chart is 23 or 24 degrees earlier than in the Western version of the same chart. That puts most placements in different signs.

kelly87

Are you asking from a Vedic or Western prospective?

Did one of the sites you consulted use Vedic astrology and the other use Western?

Everything in a Vedic chart is 23 or 24 degrees earlier than in the Western version of the same chart. That puts most placements in different signs.
I think that is why..
Can you give me basic predictions about my life?

Osamenor

Staff member
so people who are born in India but have been living in U.S. use Tropical instead of Vedic.

People from anywhere can use Vedic or Western astrology. It's easier to find Western astrologers if you're in the U.S., though. There aren't nearly as many Vedic ones here.

So, in the Western world, Western astrology is the "official" astrological language. In India (I would assume) Vedic is.

Western tropical astrology is also the primary "language" of this site. We have a section for Vedic, and there are a few posts here and there about Western sidereal astrology, which is a very small subset (uses Western astrological principles but sidereal method to determine the signs), but unless you specify sidereal, it's assumed that you're talking tropical astrology when you post here.